DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Do Crooklyn clan songs cost money?

DJ_Trivial 12:01 AM - 18 July, 2012
I do not understand how crooklyn clan works, people say it is free, however, when i go on their website everything has a price tag. Can someone please explain?
sixxx 12:06 AM - 18 July, 2012
It's definitely not free.
DJ_Trivial 12:19 AM - 18 July, 2012
well did it use to be free?
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:26 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
I do not understand how crooklyn clan works

see you gotta do some prep work,theres this shit called money you get in exchange for work, you can use this shit to exchange for goods and services. Now theres a middle step, you cant hand them the money so youll need to take this money to a financial institution and get a "credit card" this piece of plastic has a unique code # that you can use to magically give this "money" to people in far off lands. Now pick out what yo want for the site but make sure the numbers add up to <= what you earned. Then just download rinse and repeat
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:27 AM - 18 July, 2012
fuckin socialsts
DJ_Trivial 12:34 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I do not understand how crooklyn clan works

see you gotta do some prep work,theres this shit called money you get in exchange for work, you can use this shit to exchange for goods and services. Now theres a middle step, you cant hand them the money so youll need to take this money to a financial institution and get a "credit card" this piece of plastic has a unique code # that you can use to magically give this "money" to people in far off lands. Now pick out what yo want for the site but make sure the numbers add up to <= what you earned. Then just download rinse and repeat

Wow dude you dont gotta be mean, i was asking because i saw a bunch of forums here it said things like "its technically free" and things like that relating to crooklyn clan
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:43 AM - 18 July, 2012
that wasnt mean, thats was a well thought out and thourough answer to your question! Your welcome :)
dj poisonous handz 12:46 AM - 18 July, 2012
No.they are free after you paypal them 3.99!
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:55 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
No.they are free after you paypal them 3.99!

lol!
bicedidit 12:56 AM - 18 July, 2012
they are free. you just dont get it

at least thats what someone told me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:58 AM - 18 July, 2012
i thought they were all free except for safsdre tracks those are EXCLUSIVE
DJ Alkemy 1:26 AM - 18 July, 2012
When you play a wackass CC track, you pay with your soul. Oh, and they are not free.
str8nger 1:33 AM - 18 July, 2012
Hahahaha wtf someone was fucking with you! It's never been free Dj music is not free!
DJ_Trivial 2:11 AM - 18 July, 2012
"Also they emphasized dozens of times that those tracks are for free. So technically, assuming everything is true what they said, there shouldnt be any legal issues with allen's idea."
serato.com
DJ_Trivial 2:18 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Hahahaha wtf someone was fucking with you! It's never been free Dj music is not free!

i know DJ music isn't free, i usually get my music off of beatport for the sound quality, however, i know it is kinda overpriced
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:19 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
"Also they emphasized dozens of times that those tracks are for free. So technically, assuming everything is true what they said, there shouldnt be any legal issues with allen's idea."
serato.com

your missing the point, the "rules" of crooklyn clan are that you are NOT to purchase a track you dont already own, your paying for them to remix, mashup, and generally destroy the tracks you SHOULD already own not the tracks themselves, is this BS yes of course but thats where your misunderstanding the comment. Your supposed to ALREADY own the tracks your purchasing so technically they are free
DJ_Trivial 2:22 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

your missing the point, the "rules" of crooklyn clan are that you are NOT to purchase a track you dont already own, your paying for them to remix, mashup, and generally destroy the tracks you SHOULD already own not the tracks themselves, is this BS yes of course but thats where your misunderstanding the comment. Your supposed to ALREADY own the tracks your purchasing so technically they are free

Thats completely retarded!! who would buy shit from there! So basically i have to PAY for someone to do what i do for free!?!?!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:40 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

Thats completely retarded!! who would buy shit from there! So basically i have to PAY for someone to do what i do for free!?!?!

thats where the TECHNICALLY comes into play lol
DJ_Trivial 2:45 AM - 18 July, 2012
i dont mean to sound like im cheating at DJing but i really need some bpm transition tracks, which i heard could be bought at crooklyn clan.....i just didnt know it was gunna be 4.00$ per transition >.> id rather make my own in FL
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:51 AM - 18 July, 2012
i wouldnt say it was cheating (hides from dj jd) but youd get more out of it by learning to make your own (advanced tip: crowds hate transition tracks lol)
str8nger 3:36 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
i dont mean to sound like im cheating at DJing but i really need some bpm transition tracks, which i heard could be bought at crooklyn clan.....i just didnt know it was gunna be 4.00$ per transition >.> id rather make my own in FL

dam bro if you cant pay any where from 99 cents to $6 bucks a track you might want to find a different hobby. dj is not a cheap hobby.
DJ_Trivial 3:47 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

dam bro if you cant pay any where from 99 cents to $6 bucks a track you might want to find a different hobby. dj is not a cheap hobby.

Well, im only 14 and its not about how much money because i have a Ns7FX and a Vestax VCI-380, both of which are expensive controllers and i also have a vinyl setup, its more of the principle of spending 4 dollars per track, plus its hard to get a gig as a dj when you arent old enough to dj in a bar and most clubs, meaning i make very little profit.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:52 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:

Well, im only 14 .

yup saw that one commin
dj poisonous handz 3:53 AM - 18 July, 2012
damn bro i got cartridges older than you
DJ_Trivial 3:54 AM - 18 July, 2012
hey isn't it good to start early? ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:57 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:

props to ya lil homey....but instead of crooklyn try learning different mixing techniques or more importantly making your own, youll thank me later. Good luck!!!
dj poisonous handz 3:58 AM - 18 July, 2012
hell yeah.think about a lemonade stand,lawn mowing,paper route etc. you'll be beatbreakering in no time
DJ_Trivial 4:00 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

props to ya lil homey....but instead of crooklyn try learning different mixing techniques or more importantly making your own, youll thank me later. Good luck!!!

Well thats what ive been doing for the past four years....i JUST learned about crooklyn clan today and do not intend on using it very often.
DJ_Trivial 4:01 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
hell yeah.think about a lemonade stand,lawn mowing,paper route etc. you'll be beatbreakering in no time

haha yeah, selling hand made light and speaker systems sounds more fun, i sell lots of that stuff to the ravers and other djs at my school
dj poisonous handz 4:04 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

haha yeah, selling hand made light and speaker systems sounds more fun, i sell lots of that stuff to the ravers and other djs at my school

score.so wait til cc's next 99 cent sale and go bananas! good luck grasshopper!
DJ_Trivial 4:05 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahahaha thanks dude.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:13 AM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1
djpuma_gemini 5:04 AM - 18 July, 2012
$0.99 still too much.
DJ Super Mario 10:55 PM - 18 July, 2012
If that's how he feels about paying $4 per track, he's lucky he lives in the tech age of mp3 djing... He'd crap his pants if he had to buy vinyl doubles of each track he wanted. Talk about it getting expensive quick... Now THAT took $ and dedication!
dj poisonous handz 11:30 PM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
If that's how he feels about paying $4 per track, he's lucky he lives in the tech age of mp3 djing... He'd crap his pants if he had to buy vinyl doubles of each track he wanted. Talk about it getting expensive quick... Now THAT took $ and dedication!

this times 1000
djsmuve415 6:44 AM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:
(advanced tip: crowds hate transition tracks)

I beg to differ... if your a smart DJ and use them SPARINGLY & SMARTLY within your night, they can be an effective tool. I only rotate between a handful of ones anyway, & am kinda picky when it comes to selecting one out of a bunch, because yes, a lot of them are wack.
DJ Alkemy 9:27 AM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:

I still feel agrieved at paying 18 queens heads for doubles of Lil Kims The Jump Off!...what the eff was I thinking!
slimmjimm 12:26 PM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:
I still feel agrieved at paying 18 queens heads for doubles of Lil Kims The Jump Off!...what the eff was I thinking!

I don't feel s bad buying them since it was a white label, don't remember what was on the flipside. Instrumental still bangs.
AustinG 12:53 PM - 19 July, 2012
A lot of their edits are free, your not looking hard enough.
DJ Alkemy 4:10 PM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:
Instrumental still bangs.

Yep. Thats why I bought them. Nearly smashed my TT's up when I heard her "spit" over the track though lol
ced_so_thoed 6:14 PM - 19 July, 2012
ay
same with Fatman Scoop shit.
yep
dj-freestyle 6:55 PM - 19 July, 2012
I was waiting for bezzle to drop safsdre. that was the funnies thread ever by far
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:48 PM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:
I was waiting for bezzle to drop safsdre. that was the funnies thread ever by far

HELL NO!! safsdre cant take a f'n joke last time i mentioned his name he cut me off the email blast fpr a month....i damn near lost my residency without his remixs and edits!!!
dj-freestyle 8:00 PM - 19 July, 2012
lol lol lol
DTweed 10:02 PM - 19 July, 2012
Quote:
I do not understand how crooklyn clan works, people say it is free, however, when i go on their website everything has a price tag. Can someone please explain?

You are not paying for the actual tracks (since its illegal to sell copyrighted material similar to mixtapes). What you are "actually" paying for is the labor the DJs put into edit those tracks, its like a donation of sorts since they invest money on programs to make those remixes...

Hope that helps
DJ Reflex 5:51 AM - 21 July, 2012
Smiles and farts are free. Everything else costs money.
Nicky Blunt 10:31 AM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I don't feel s bad buying them since it was a white label, don't remember what was on the flipside. Instrumental still bangs.

I was gonna say the same thing! The instrumental is dope.
str8nger 3:27 PM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, im only 14 and its not about how much money because i have a Ns7FX and a Vestax VCI-380, both of which are expensive controllers and i also have a vinyl setup, its more of the principle of spending 4 dollars per track, plus its hard to get a gig as a dj when you arent old enough to dj in a bar and most clubs, meaning i make very little profit.

Wow 14 with all that gear? U must be a rich kid tell your mommy and daddy for Christmas you want a 1,000 gift card So u can go on line and buy a bunch of cool music to use with your gear.
DJ_Trivial 3:24 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow 14 with all that gear? U must be a rich kid tell your mommy and daddy for Christmas you want a 1,000 gift card So u can go on line and buy a bunch of cool music to use with your gear.

naw i already asked for an mpc 500. btw im jewish so its Hanukkah
DJ Super Mario 3:55 PM - 25 July, 2012
^^^ SMH

Music should be your number 1 investment first and foremost to make you a good DJ... not your gear.
dj-freestyle 4:10 PM - 25 July, 2012
Cant knock somebody who's parents have money. Thats not his problem and he is blessed but that doesnt mean you shouldnt show respect for the craft and learn how to handle it from people who have skill and knowledge. Buying good music is very important. I try to buy wav as much as possible and high quility mp3. It makes a difference.
str8nger 5:27 AM - 26 July, 2012
kids like you will grow up with bunch of haters, means u will get jacked for your shit by some hood gangstas, lol
DJ_Trivial 2:31 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
^^^ SMH

Music should be your number 1 investment first and foremost to make you a good DJ... not your gear.

Quote:
kids like you will grow up with bunch of haters, means u will get jacked for your shit by some hood gangstas, lol

oh im sorry did i forget to say that i learned how to dj on a vinyl setup
im not one of those "press play" djs, i just wanted some transitional tracks from crooklyn clan beacuse im not very good at transitioning between far apart bpm's
i hate when people are so quick to judge.....
DJ Super Mario 4:13 PM - 26 July, 2012
I'm not someone on that's hating on you or judging you. I'm giving you solid advice for you to become a good DJ and last in this game. I have nothing to hate on... I'm not lacking on quality equipment, so it's not an envy thing. My advice regarding music is irrefutable when it comes to DJing. You may have the best equipment, and may have learned on vinyl, (which in itself doesn't make you a good DJ), but unless you spend the time and money on a quality library of music, you'll be a sub-par DJ... fact. Just trying to help out by giving my opinion... and you don't have to take my advice. But you did come on a forum for help, so I offered my viewpoint. And you'll find that even though some of the comments seem harsh, the reality of not taking those statements into account are much harsher in the real world when you're out there spinning at gigs... and you'll end up thinking "I should have listened..."
DJ_Trivial 4:49 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
I'm not someone on that's hating on you or judging you. I'm giving you solid advice for you to become a good DJ and last in this game. I have nothing to hate on... I'm not lacking on quality equipment, so it's not an envy thing. My advice regarding music is irrefutable when it comes to DJing. You may have the best equipment, and may have learned on vinyl, (which in itself doesn't make you a good DJ), but unless you spend the time and money on a quality library of music, you'll be a sub-par DJ... fact. Just trying to help out by giving my opinion... and you don't have to take my advice. But you did come on a forum for help, so I offered my viewpoint. And you'll find that even though some of the comments seem harsh, the reality of not taking those statements into account are much harsher in the real world when you're out there spinning at gigs... and you'll end up thinking "I should have listened..."

i understand, thank you for the helpful advice :) by the way do you know any tracks that are per say......must haves? any genre is fine :)
DJ Super Mario 5:00 PM - 26 July, 2012
That's too broad of a question. It's going to depend on the genre of music you spin, what kind of events/gigs, where you spin and for what demographic, and your own personal style. Club bangers in California may not work for a sweet 16 party in New York, or a wedding in Nebraska. This is why I say music is the number one skill to be learned by anyone DJing... Being able to read a crowd and having the knowledge of music to know how to program a set is something that comes with experience... Just keep at it and eventually it comes together... practice in anything makes perfect!
DJ_Trivial 6:28 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
That's too broad of a question. It's going to depend on the genre of music you spin, what kind of events/gigs, where you spin and for what demographic, and your own personal style. Club bangers in California may not work for a sweet 16 party in New York, or a wedding in Nebraska. This is why I say music is the number one skill to be learned by anyone DJing... Being able to read a crowd and having the knowledge of music to know how to program a set is something that comes with experience... Just keep at it and eventually it comes together... practice in anything makes perfect!

yeah.....well im in LA, i spin electro house, dubstep, rap and hip hop
i play for younger ages which like rap and some hip hop
DJ Super Mario 7:17 PM - 26 July, 2012
If your core audience is younger, just check the charts... look at the must plays of radio stations. That's a good start.
str8nger 7:38 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yeah.....well im in LA, i spin electro house, dubstep, rap and hip hop
i play for younger ages which like rap and some hip hop

Well if u already know what type of music u spin look at the charts like someone else said. As far as must have there's tons !