DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Connecting SL Box AND Rane 62 mixer at once?

WarpNote 12:03 PM - 13 July, 2012
I got a question for you 62 owners.
Is it possible to connect a Serato box AND the 62 to the same computer at once?
What I wanna do, is to run the sound from SSL through the Box to the mixer like any other general setup, but still be able to midi map the mixer. Obviously this is for a Inklen MixEmergency workaround.

As of now, I have both the SL1, SL4 and the Sixty Eight, but considering downsizing for the SixtyTwo. I love the 68, but I cant help wanting smoother cue-points. As there is no current plans to rework the 68, Im a bit torn. I will miss the 4 channel setup though.

I never touched the 62, but my local DJ store is kind enough to lend a mixer for a few days.
Obviously I dont wanna risk any hardware failure by connecting both mixer and box to the same macbook, if not advisable.

So, can it be done? My first hunch would be no?
Dj Nyce 2:55 PM - 13 July, 2012
yes. you can plug both in at the same time.

when the 62 is not set to USB A or B it is a standard midi mixer.

connect the 62 to the sl box as like you would a normal mixer.
set the 62 PGM 1 to PH/CD 1/2 and PGM 2 PH/CD 3/4
plug in the sl box and the 62 usb cables
start ssl 2.3.3

you can midimap the sixty-two in ssl and in ME.
WarpNote 4:30 PM - 13 July, 2012
Thanks Nyce!
Looking forward try the 62. Was thinking Id never switch out my 68, but we'll see....
aj5000 9:37 PM - 13 July, 2012
Quote:
Thanks Nyce!
Looking forward try the 62. Was thinking Id never switch out my 68, but we'll see....

make sure you get the new and improved buttons the ones it came with on the 62 are so soft that they break since they had a defective hinge just FYI other then that! ! ! yes I rather use the 62 then the 68 A club i dj at has the 68 and is cool but i feel better at home on the 62
wicked223 3:37 PM - 14 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Nyce!

make sure you get the new and improved buttons the ones it came with on the 62 are so soft that they break since they had a defective hinge just FYI other then that! ! ! yes I rather use the 62 then the 68 A club i dj at has the 68 and is cool but i feel better at home on the 62

Yep or you will be sending in your mixer with a broken button after a few weeks. But they repace them with much stronger buttons.