DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Glow In Dark Performance vinyl on ebay Yikes!!!!!!!

DJ'Que 12:16 AM - 13 July, 2012
Bin $103.00 wow already high lol.
www.ebay.com
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:56 AM - 13 July, 2012
Wow! Thats crazy!

They are really nice records though, definitely one of my favorites :)
Dj JesC 10:32 PM - 13 July, 2012
ill give hime 39.99 + S&H
ced_so_thoed 10:38 PM - 13 July, 2012
ay
he's a son of a bitch. Those records are finna be back in stock.
yep
DJ GaFFle 11:04 PM - 24 July, 2012
Ahhh... the GLows are finally back in stock!
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:39 PM - 24 July, 2012
Yup got me a pair! ;)
DJ JT Stevens 3:03 PM - 25 July, 2012
Aw hell yeah. Got my purps and going to get me a pair of these as well.

Have you guys been spinning with the new performance vinyl or just admiring them?
lumas13 3:14 PM - 25 July, 2012
Using them
ced_so_thoed 4:05 PM - 25 July, 2012
ay
I have the yellow and they are great
yep
ced_so_thoed 5:31 PM - 25 July, 2012
ay
08/01 is the restock date.
yep
DJ JT Stevens 6:48 PM - 25 July, 2012
Only a few days away.

No slipmats but I got them with my purps so I'm happy.
SiRocket 7:54 PM - 25 July, 2012
Lol at always typing ay before posts...
DJ Sainte 9:06 PM - 25 July, 2012
Yeah, these will be restocked over and over again. Now there were the original GID performance that came in a white sleeve and were numbered 1-1000. Those will be worth something some day.
DJ GaFFle 9:12 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, these will be restocked over and over again. Now there were the original GID performance that came in a white sleeve and were numbered 1-1000. Those will be worth something some day.

Come on dude... it's not like they're Technic 1200GLD's with series numbers. How much extra could they be worth?
ced_so_thoed 9:42 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:

ay
Stokyo still sells those right?
yep

Quote:
Lol at always typing ay before posts...

ay
but no lol for the yep after posts? That's racist.
yep
DJ Sainte 1:35 AM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Come on dude... it's not like they're Technic 1200GLD's with series numbers. How much extra could they be worth?

I'm just saying that those will be collectors items someday. There have been a ton of white vinyls releases but the originals still go for about $500-$600/pair.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:52 AM - 26 July, 2012
There is a difference between the Performance Vinyl and the Limited Edition Serato Pressings. The Pressings are only made in a limited number, once they are gone, they are gone! Just like the Limited Edition White Nike-vs-Serato Control Records you are thinking of.

A list of our Limited Edition pressings can be found here > serato.com

We will continue to make the Performance series vinyl, but I cant guarantee that we will keep doing them in a certain color/style (eg: Glow in the dark).

The Performance Series can be found here > serato.com

So if you get your hands on Serato Pressings or Limited Edition GITD's that are brand new in packaging i suggest keeping them that way! I know its hard not to touch your new toys, but hey, they are Limited Edition and may be a collectors item someday ;)

Imagine growing old, and saying to your grand-kids who have all these flashy digital DJ controllers like something from Minority Report, and you look down at them and say "I remember when I was a DJ, we used these round Control Record discs that glowed in the dark!"

Your grand-kids would probably say "shut up grandpa" because all their controllers will have flashy LED lights and crazy flashing holograms that light up like a Christmas tree, but at least it will make you feel young again :)
str8nger 5:33 AM - 26 July, 2012
damn fucken bastards that work at guitar center get to the vinyls before customers can get a pair!
and i bet some of them are the ones selling shit on ebay for more thats not cool!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Support
Scott S 5:36 AM - 26 July, 2012
Moral of the story: Work at Guitar Center! haha
DJ'Que 5:50 PM - 26 July, 2012
guitar center ans sam ash be so late
Taipanic 6:41 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm just saying that those will be collectors items someday. There have been a ton of white vinyls releases but the originals still go for about $500-$600/pair.

I have tens of thousands of dollars of rare, collectable vinyl and awesome, game-changing DJ equipment that will one day be sold for about .03 to the dollar. Stuff is only important to DJs, who, as a whole, are pretty cheap bastards...
Jader 6:50 PM - 26 July, 2012
looks like stokyo has the glow in the darks back in stock

too bad its way too hot to be ordering vinyl through the mail cuz i hate paying for warped records :(
ced_so_thoed 7:26 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
There is a difference between the Performance Vinyl and the Limited Edition Serato Pressings. The Pressings are only made in a limited number, once they are gone, they are gone! Just like the Limited Edition White Nike-vs-Serato Control Records you are thinking of.

We will continue to make the Performance series vinyl, but I cant guarantee that we will keep doing them in a certain color/style (eg: Glow in the dark).

So if you get your hands on Serato Pressings or Limited Edition GITD's that are brand new in packaging i suggest keeping them that way! I know its hard not to touch your new toys, but hey, they are Limited Edition and may be a collectors item someday ;)

Imagine growing old, and saying to your grand-kids who have all these flashy digital DJ controllers like something from Minority Report, and you look down at them and say "I remember when I was a DJ, we used these round Control Record discs that glowed in the dark!"

Your grand-kids would probably say "shut up grandpa" because all their controllers will have flashy LED lights and crazy flashing holograms that light up like a Christmas tree, but at least it will make you feel young again :)

ay
Are the Fool's Gold records limited? Because they said only 2000 would be pressed but I saw other djs with them before. I have a pair but I like the performance series better.
*looks at Fool's Gold website*
Sold out?!?!?!?
Should I be extra careful with these? I'm more careful with the other ones...
yep
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:05 PM - 26 July, 2012
ay
The Fools Gold Serato Pressings are Limited Edition, there was only a finite number of them pressed for November 2011, and I do not think we will be pressing any more. The Performance Series are a lot more 'tactile' to use on stage, as they are a little lighter and easier to Scratch, but the Fools Gold ones are LE.
yep
ced_so_thoed 10:13 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
ay
The Fools Gold Serato Pressings are Limited Edition, there was only a finite number of them pressed for November 2011, and I do not think we will be pressing any more. The Performance Series are a lot more 'tactile' to use on stage, as they are a little lighter and easier to Scratch, but the Fools Gold ones are LE.
yep

ay
*takes Fool's Gold records off platters and puts them in seperate sleeves and inside air conditioned safe behind picture on the wall.*
That's all I needed to hear. Finna order some glows to replace these Fool's Golds. Wow... I have some LEs. I feel awesome. I need a woman with a meaty taco to celebrate with.
yep
SiRocket 10:15 AM - 27 July, 2012
ay
yep
Joshua Carl 8:48 PM - 27 July, 2012
Retired fools gold for fool's yellow's...or mustard.

what ever color you wanna call it.
so tight.
Dj JesC 12:16 AM - 29 July, 2012
Quote:

^^^ reported as spam
DJ Remy USA 12:51 PM - 30 July, 2012
Quote:

too bad its way too hot to be ordering vinyl through the mail cuz i hate paying for warped records :(

tell me about I just ordered about 35 records coming in the mail. I hope they dont get warped but some of them will its inevitable
ced_so_thoed 1:44 PM - 30 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

tell me about I just ordered about 35 records coming in the mail. I hope they dont get warped but some of them will its inevitable

ay
can I come over and play with your new records when they come in? *kid voice when your friend got a new toy*
yep
Mr. Goodkat 7:08 PM - 30 July, 2012
ced_so_thoed 7:30 PM - 30 July, 2012

ay
Oh word? *puts on ski mask* That's not too far from me.
yep
Mr. Goodkat 7:44 PM - 30 July, 2012
6 bills for something that will be obsolete in less than 5 (10 years max) years.
ced_so_thoed 7:48 PM - 30 July, 2012
Quote:
6 bills for something that will be obsolete in less than 5 (10 years max) years.

ay
the same could/should be said about shoe collectors. It's the dumbest thing I've seen people go crazy for.
yep
Mr. Goodkat 7:52 PM - 30 July, 2012
well, you can always wear shoes, even if the soles yellow...

whats the odds that ssl will not change time codes in a few years.

or for that matter, even be around in 10.
ced_so_thoed 8:06 PM - 30 July, 2012
Quote:

ay
because the shoes folks are selling for $500.00 are made with inferior material but yet idiots go out and buy them only to never wear them as if they were to wear them, they'd pull every bad bitch in the area code and all other men will bow down. In retrospect, the same could be said about these records where having them won't make you a better dj nor bring an over capicity crowd. Yet with records, you can make money now with them by using them vs shoes that will depperciate when you wear them.
yep
Joshua Carl 8:18 PM - 30 July, 2012
Collectors never "USE" ANYTHING...

its about collecting.
whats the value of a piece of cardboard with ink on it?
but though a baseball player on it, and only make 250 of them.
and that same piece of useless cardboard is sought after by collectors.

but if you want to see some REAL crazy collector stuff peep the values on Pawn Stars, or Storage wars....

I cant imagine anyone who is collecting CVs is doing it in hopes of playing em someday.
ced_so_thoed 8:32 PM - 30 July, 2012
ay
I collect memories of skeeting on bad bitches faces. I can sell that.
yep
Mr. Goodkat 7:44 AM - 31 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
because the shoes folks are selling for $500.00 are made with inferior material but yet idiots go out and buy them only to never wear them as if they were to wear them, they'd pull every bad bitch in the area code and all other men will bow down. In retrospect, the same could be said about these records where having them won't make you a better dj nor bring an over capicity crowd. Yet with records, you can make money now with them by using them vs shoes that will depperciate when you wear them.
yep

yeah, i forget about that. i know a kid with like 150+ pairs of jordans. he breaks a few out from time to time, but still lives at home, and has maybe 5000$ worth of shoes in the box.

the thing about shoes, is there are millions of potential customers. with serato records, how big could the audience really be? maybe 1000-2000 that actually collect and be willing to pay that price(generous)? just seems like beanie baby collectable with 1% of the audience.

jus sayin
ced_so_thoed 1:31 PM - 31 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

yeah, i forget about that. i know a kid with like 150+ pairs of jordans. he breaks a few out from time to time, but still lives at home, and has maybe 5000$ worth of shoes in the box.

the thing about shoes, is there are millions of potential customers. with serato records, how big could the audience really be? maybe 1000-2000 that actually collect and be willing to pay that price(generous)? just seems like beanie baby collectable with 1% of the audience.

jus sayin

ay
folks ain't really breaking their necks to go buy these shoes after they sell out at the mall though. True, people camp out, riot, and fight for the shoes when they are released. But a week later no one gives a shit because everyone has them and wore them to school or to the club on the same day. The folks who did buy them and want to resale them hardly do because no one will pay $500.00 for some shoes when $500.00 can go to something else. Now granted, Serato vinyl doesn't have a draw like that but that is because only a select few know about it and a select few actually care about the color coded vinyl. So that makes the demand higher because a) people who know, will buy in bulk at the msrp price, b) not that many are made, c) Serato LEs are not advertised as shoes are, d) people don't know where to get them unless they are online or have seen them, e) there's a select few djs that want LEs. If you have 10,000 bad ass djs that know about these LEs but only 2000 are made, and you only can find out by the web, the demand goes up, supply is fixed, exclusiveness will be higher than the shoes. My theory.
yep
D'Leon 12:29 AM - 16 November, 2012
anyone knows if they will be making the performance series in clear ?
eugguy 7:51 AM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:

Hahaha
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:34 PM - 16 November, 2012
no one will pay $500.00 for some shoes when $500.00 can go to something else

Id happily pay $500 for an unworn pair of the am dunks size 13
BERTO 3:37 PM - 16 November, 2012
So i see scott s from serato is answering in this thread, please update on midi out itnseems to be getting ignored
DJ GaFFle 3:40 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:

I still have a brand new (spotless) pair but I believe they're size 9.5 or 10. I bought several pair of various sizes when they first came out and didn't get around to selling them all. I've got some DJ Premier Airs as well that I need to unload (all new).
DJ GaFFle 3:43 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:

Send me $500 and I'll send you a pair.
www.ebay.com

Shipping is on me ;-)
Mr. Goodkat 9:56 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:

i didnt get this point either, when there are multiple online stores that specialize in nothing but collectible shoes. and 10k djs dont care about LE serato control vinyl.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:29 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
So i see scott s from serato is answering in this thread, please update on midi out itnseems to be getting ignored

I can assure you it is not getting ignored, but im sorry I have no further information as to when it will be implemented into Scratch Live. If you have any further issues I would recommend starting a help request.

Back on topic, Glow In The Dark Performance Vinyl are back in stock! You can purchase them from here > store.serato.com

Cheers!
BERTO 5:32 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I can assure you it is not getting ignored, but im sorry I have no further information as to when it will be implemented into Scratch Live. If you have any further issues I would recommend starting a help request.

Back on topic, Glow In The Dark Performance Vinyl are back in stock! You can purchase them from here > store.serato.com

Cheers!

Thanks for reply, i charge my glowinthedarks with a 1600 lumen super led light i have its awesome you can draw x's on them or w/e