DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Contour faders unresponsive (input faders) PGM 1

Phephiphophumb 11:16 PM - 1 July, 2012
i'm using a TTM57SL, which i've owned for over 3yrs. The PGM 1 contour, has no effect on the gradient of the cut. It remains, sharp at all times, even when, i have the curve set all the way to slow? Is this a firmware issue, or is there a possibility it could be liquid/dust damage? I've tried switching all of the faders around, but still suffers from the same problem. Any idea's?
wicked223 11:21 PM - 1 July, 2012
I'm no expert but Could be a cable problem. Open her up and check all your ribbon type cables and make sure they are all snuggly plugged in or not damaged.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:09 PM - 2 July, 2012
It sounds like the contour slider is broken.

There are no ribbon cables that connect to them.

I would suggest getting it serviced by either us or an authorized Rane service center in your area -->rane.com
Phephiphophumb 7:39 PM - 2 July, 2012
Thanks for the quick response. i think, in England its sennheiser?not sure..Tbf, i'm probably gonna upgrade to the rane 62, just a lttle worried about the issue's its having right now, with the sample/cue buttons.otherwise, she's served me well:) cheers wicked, anyhow:) i'll see what the damage is finacially! i may just end up, putting it towards a 62. just wish, there was some way of, activating the cues and sample at the same time, from the mixer. the dicers will have to do:)

Thanks again
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:03 PM - 2 July, 2012
Quote:
i think, in England its sennheiser?

Correct:)
Quote:
just a lttle worried about the issue's its having right now, with the sample/cue buttons.

What are you referring to?
Quote:
just wish, there was some way of, activating the cues and sample at the same time, from the mixer. the dicers will have to do:)

You can remap the buttons to do whatever you want when using groups 2-5:)
Phephiphophumb 12:16 AM - 3 July, 2012
i read in mixer discussion that, the sample cue buttons were, pushing in. i assume, this is possibly due to, people being heavy handed. Also, people were saying, the fader has different cut-in-points, on either side? and that, they had to use spacers to fix it? i had problems with the B buttons, on the 57, becoming unresponsive. i don't really want to end up relying on a seperate midi controller.

concerning, the sample/cues. i just want the freedom to be able to, use all 5 cues. plus, activate the 6 sample banks, at the same time, all independently.may be i've over looked it?

Another question, i have..Are the Rane 62's, power power supply universal? by this, i mean, if i bought a unit from USA, would it work in the U.K? Only, a 62Z is £1699 in the UK, so that's $2066...eek. where as, in the USA, it's $2099:) which equates to, £1337...a hell of a lot cheaper. Although, if i was hit with customs charges, i'd probably end up paying the same.
Phephiphophumb 12:18 AM - 3 July, 2012
i mean $2666
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:58 PM - 3 July, 2012
The molding issue on the big button caps with the first couple runs of the 62 has been fixed.

If you purchase a unit now you shouldn't see that issue.

As I said.. you can now remap the cues/samples buttons to whatever you want by going into a different group.
That will allow you to map 2 cues and 3 samples to each side (for example) without having to press the cues/samples button.

Yes.. the power supply is universal. All you would need to get is an adapter.

I would not suggest purchasing the unit outside of your country.
Although it may cost more, if you ever needed to get it serviced you would have to send it directly to us and pay for all shipping, taxes, and duties incurred.
This gets really expensive really quick.
DJ Jakey Chan 6:29 PM - 3 July, 2012
If you can send a UK rane mixer to the USA to get it serviced why is it not ok to have a USA rane mixer serviced in the UK?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:47 PM - 5 July, 2012
The UK service center is a distribution center independent of Rane.
They will only service a unit that was purchased through their distribution channel.
This is the benefit of purchasing a unit in your own country.
The distributor in your country is responsible to either fix it, or pay for the shipping, taxes, and duties incurred to get the unit to us here in Seattle for repair.
If you purchased the unit from a US dealer you have to send it back to US distributor (Rane) to get it repaired.