DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch Live 2.4.2 out

nik39 7:44 AM - 26 June, 2012
Hi,

get it here:

serato.com <- click

Release Notes:

serato.com <- click

I had one crash using SL 2.4.2 (not final) but it has been the most stable version for me in a long time! Finally some progress on the stability front.
skinnyguy 12:42 PM - 26 June, 2012
No upgrade for me this time....
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:31 PM - 26 June, 2012
The beta's and RC were VERY solid for me so defo grab this and have much faith in it ;)
Niro 3:37 PM - 26 June, 2012
Jumped on it last night and there's midi bugs for the 62, but glad to hear it's stable. Hopefully take it for a test run tomorrow night.
Dj Nyce 3:39 PM - 26 June, 2012
i'm on it. working flawlessly with the sixty-two, latest version of iTunes and blank.
Niro 3:52 PM - 26 June, 2012
Nyce, is your midi settings getting saved?
nik39 4:15 PM - 26 June, 2012
Which midi bugs for the 62?
Niro 4:18 PM - 26 June, 2012
I just jumped on it recently, but none of my midi settings are getting saved. Also the auto loop scroll gets stuck on 1 and 2, also won't go in reverse.
Dj Nyce 4:40 PM - 26 June, 2012
just checked with the sixty-two in group 2.

yep. bugs confirmed.

switch to any midi group 2-5, map a endless rotary knob (scroll, bars/select, time) to any knob control. controls only move between 1 and 2 (not sure what the midi data is). there may be other midi bugs but i only checked the endless rotary mixer controls.

also midi settings are not saved upon exit.
BattleFunk 5:21 PM - 26 June, 2012
What was the point in it being in beta for so long? Surely these are bugs that could have been discovered before it got released?
Johnnynights 1:36 AM - 27 June, 2012
Im still on 2.4.1 but i heard theres a firmare update i think i will wait a little.
Dj Nyce 10:02 AM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
What was the point in it being in beta for so long? Surely these are bugs that could have been discovered before it got released?

these are def new bugs. i was actively using midi groups since it's been introduced. these two bugs were not present in the pb and the rc.
nik39 12:34 PM - 27 June, 2012
They were not present in the RC but in the final?
Nicky Blunt 2:51 PM - 27 June, 2012
downloading now, thanks for bringing this to my attention Nik!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:10 PM - 27 June, 2012
I'll try that now. It sounds like clicking C while mapping will change the scroll value.

Aside from that, 2.4.2 like others have said is really encouraging. Loads of excellence inside.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:45 PM - 27 June, 2012
Confirmed trying this with the loop values on the left deck. Pressing C didn't change the control for me. I'll start an internal bug thread now. Thanks guys, good eye.
djpuma_gemini 6:08 PM - 27 June, 2012
THanks Chad
Dj Nyce 2:02 AM - 28 June, 2012
also it only seems to be affecting the sixty-two endless rotary controls and the auto-loop ssl control. all other sixty-two controls work fine with all other ssl controls.

and i tried it with a lpd knob (it's a regular knob) and auto-loop works just fine.
the_black_one 7:39 AM - 28 June, 2012
still on 2.3.0........ might have to give this a shot
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:45 AM - 28 June, 2012
Ugggh, I have to start using EFFECTS in my mixes.....

I guess I'll have to give this a test run....
Nicky Blunt 10:35 AM - 28 June, 2012
used this for a few hours yesterday, seems solid so far :).
DJ Rugged One 4:46 PM - 28 June, 2012
DL today and notice everything reset back to original default settings. Not sure if anybody reported it in beta but had to redo my settings and I'm using SL1.
Dj Nyce 4:59 PM - 28 June, 2012
Quote:
DL today and notice everything reset back to original default settings. Not sure if anybody reported it in beta but had to redo my settings and I'm using SL1.

that did not happen for me. what version did you upgrade from?
Johnnynights 5:13 PM - 28 June, 2012
The echo fx from scratchlive on 2.4.1 on my sixty one sounded way better,maybe the firmware messed it up im so upset =(
DJ Rugged One 5:12 PM - 29 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

that did not happen for me. what version did you upgrade from?

Serato, Support
Martin C 3:30 AM - 4 July, 2012
Quote:

yep. bugs confirmed.

switch to any midi group 2-5, map a endless rotary knob (scroll, bars/select, time) to any knob control. controls only move between 1 and 2 (not sure what the midi data is). there may be other midi bugs but i only checked the endless rotary mixer controls.

Hey Dj Nyce, are you able to confirm the most recent beta version where this bug was NOT present?
RogerRabbit 10:50 PM - 4 July, 2012
Quote:
I had one crash using SL 2.4.2 (not final) but it has been the most stable version for me in a long time! Finally some progress on the stability front.

This version is definitely not stable got it to crash twice, by dragging a track to a folder.. testing for 3rd..
Daktyl 11:40 PM - 4 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This version is definitely not stable got it to crash twice, by dragging a track to a folder.. testing for 3rd..

damn... anyone else having crash issues? i'm still on 2.2.0 and waiting till a newer release comes out that doesn't have dealbreaker (random crash) issues to update...
RogerRabbit 2:51 AM - 5 July, 2012
I wouldn't recommend this version - I can get it to bomb easily. I posted 2 crash vids in the help section.
BERTO 3:57 AM - 5 July, 2012
Uh oh
nik39 5:06 AM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:
I wouldn't recommend this version - I can get it to bomb easily. I posted 2 crash vids in the help section.

Can you make them available for us? We can't dl files which you upload to the help section.
Daktyl 5:12 AM - 5 July, 2012
Was it the same track that got it to crash both times? Could it be a corrupt file causing the crash. Other people have said that it's been pretty solid for them... (not doubting you or arguing, just debating on whether to update or not).
RogerRabbit 6:42 AM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:
Was it the same track that got it to crash both times? Could it be a corrupt file causing the crash. Other people have said that it's been pretty solid for them... (not doubting you or arguing, just debating on whether to update or not).

:) you don't have to take my word for it.. You may not have the same issues that I experienced.

The files have no corrupt icon. Yes, I used the same files to create the 6 crashes... but I a got it to crash again by dragging to different files...

Quote:
Can you make them available for us? We can't dl files which you upload to the help section.

www.4shared.com
Dj Nyce 5:18 PM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yep. bugs confirmed.

Hey Dj Nyce, are you able to confirm the most recent beta version where this bug was NOT present?

i went back and tested 24214, 24215 and 24219. made a new user account and installed all 3 betas.

it looks like both bugs (auto loop select only going between 1 and 2; midi not saving) were in 24214. i was mistaken. i was using the new sixty-two MIDI features in 2.3.3 not 2.4.2. that's why i didn't see these.

also i noticed that if i plugin an SL2, run SSL, set the sixty-two to PGM 1/2 or 3/4 and plug it in, SSL does not recognize it as a midi device. not sure if that is a bug or not, just wanted to bring it to your attention.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:02 AM - 6 July, 2012
Thanks Dj Nyce I really appreciate that.

If anyone else is having issues with the new version of Scratch Live I strongly recommend starting a separate help request explaining the issue in detail. Thanks :)
nik39 11:10 PM - 9 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

:) you don't have to take my word for it.. You may not have the same issues that I experienced.

The files have no corrupt icon. Yes, I used the same files to create the 6 crashes... but I a got it to crash again by dragging to different files...

Quote:

www.4shared.com

How do I download these files?
RogerRabbit 5:51 AM - 10 July, 2012
I guess you had to sign up to download...

Or

crash 1: www2.zshare.ma
crash 2: www2.zshare.ma