DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which version of a track? Clean? Explicit?

MusicMeister 7:41 PM - 25 June, 2012
If you do clubs and mobile events do you have BOTH the explicit and radio edits? Or just the radio edits?

I'm going to assume if you do weddings, school dances, or something similar you play radio edits or 'clean' music. But if you also do clubs do you use the clean tracks or do you play the explicits? Do you use two different libraries? or just one?

Just curious how others handle multiple versions of the same track and if anyone doing clubs has notice if anyone cares if you're playing the explicit or clean versions of a track.
WileECoyote 8:21 PM - 25 June, 2012
More and more I find that I only download the clean/radio version of a track.
Dj MacMillz 9:37 PM - 25 June, 2012
With the size of HDDs these days, it doesn't hurt to have both versions if you play multiple types of events.
Two libraries isn't worth the hassle, just tag em correctly and they can both live in the same library, you can even color code them using the color dots within SSL.
sixxx 9:41 PM - 25 June, 2012
I keep all versions of a track... well, almost all.

I keep Clean, Dirty, Inst, Acap. Those are a must have for me. I play clean versions at every even that will have kids (usually family gatherings, weddings, etc.), and I will play dirty versions at club. People DO notice when you're not playing dirty versions and actually, prefer the dirty versions. I've only had one girl who kinda "blushed* when she heard the dirty version of Enrique Iglesias' Loving You Tonight... but she didn't complain about it. Found it amusing and she even said... NOW I understand what the song is really about. hahaha
WileECoyote 9:51 PM - 25 June, 2012
Women usually have no idea what the dirty versions of their favorite songs sounds like
DJ GaFFle 9:23 AM - 27 June, 2012
I spin in a nice area of town but the night is a majority-urban crowd. I find that the peace is kept a little more when I play the clean version of urban rap tracks. No complaints from the patrons because that's the version they're use to from the radio.
Nicky Blunt 1:39 PM - 27 June, 2012
didnt someone do this thread about 3 weeks ago?

#jussayin
Dj K.Smith 4:29 PM - 27 June, 2012
I keep it Clean MM...
DJRemixEnt 5:09 PM - 27 June, 2012
clean @ mobile events

dirty @ the club
WarpNote 6:05 PM - 27 June, 2012
Thst's the beauty of living in a foreign country, there's no need for clean lyrics at all.

Over here (Norway), people don't really care that much if using the f.. word etc.
But if I play something dirty in our own language, I get all kinds of mad looks ;-)

People just dont listen that much to english lyrics over here, people are quite educated,
fluent and literate in Englsh, but they just don't find those english words as offensive.

However, whenever I play this local Colle Buddz local edit, I get their attention ;D
> Watchwww.youtube.com

So, I stay dirty all the time, no misquote needed ;D