DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

rane sixty-eight mixer crossfader...

DJ FiL-@M 6:11 PM - 24 June, 2012
Hey sup everyone,

I have a question....my sixty eight crossfader has all of a sudden stopped being buttery...I modified it according to the 57 crossfader...cuz they apparently are similar in construct...I have had it that way since i first received it from the factory(a minimum of a year) ...i noticed that as i slide it its pretty stiff...is this just a simple fix with the spray or am i looking at a repair? THanks for the quick response!!
wicked223 11:39 PM - 24 June, 2012
Yes purchase some of the faderlube rane reccommends in the back of your manual and spray some on it.

And I dunno if you are talking about the spring modification for 57 but if not try that torsion spring mod too. Should get it back in shape.
wicked223 11:44 PM - 24 June, 2012
And if all else fails I'm pretty sure you could swap one of your line faders with your x fader as I'm sure they have taken far less of a beating.

But I would get a second opinion on that one as I'm not too familiar with the 68.

Good luck.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:33 PM - 25 June, 2012
The magnetic X-fader can be cleaned and lubed which should get it working as good as it did when you first got it. Over time grime gets on the rails and causes this issue.
As wicked said, there will be instructions on how to do so in the back of the manual.
The line faders are not magnetic faders so you won't be able to swap them.

Let us know if you need further assistance:)
erange 5:58 AM - 26 June, 2012
spray some air in there. maybe you dropped something in there.
DJ FiL-@M 6:55 AM - 26 June, 2012
Coo Im going to try to do some maintenance work on my board...the cue buttons seem to be laggy...Thanks for the quick response!!!
DJ FiL-@M 8:12 PM - 27 January, 2014
Just wanted to update that the fader lube is a must own! Thanks again!!