DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato Forums DJ Coalition

ced_so_thoed 6:31 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
Let's discuss if we were to start this, what would be needed, goals, regions, your requirements, wants, your fees, your equipment, your travel distance, your lowest pay, your genre, and possible sponsors you feel we could get.
I'm in Texas.
Lowest I accept is $250.00
I usually bring 2 Technics 1200s, 57ttm, MPC 500, and a MBP in State or driving distance. I have a small sound setup.
Hip hop, rap, soul, r&b, old school, funk, battle and breaks.
I can travel anywhere with a 2 week notice, room and transportation negotionable.
A goal I would want is to be a force in the whole DJ culture and to have other djs want to get in, but have to come here first and be a contributing member in a way. Also to do sets at concerts and events, get sponsors, and battle other coalitions. And start our own pool as well.
*shrugs*
contact is tha.hustlas.dj@gmail.com
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
Im in mobile al
Lowest ill accept is a bottle of taka at least half full, preferably only used by a max of 8 people (people must have homes), clean cup must be provided
I usually bring an ipod and laptop, 8 foot plastic inflatable buddy jesus, flashlight
I spin hot fya
can travel as far as a bmx bike can take me, further if my moms off work, else travel must be provided
Goal: to walk off stage actin pissy in front of the largest crowd possible
ced_so_thoed 7:31 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
picture of the BMX bike or you're lying
yep
DJ Remy USA 7:51 PM - 19 June, 2012
Probably would be better to try and get serato on board to sponsor something like this. Prep a really good sponsorship packet. Pitch the idea right and they should bite it.

Remember you have to paint the picture so they see how they benefit from sponsoring you. The coalition should be less about getting paid and more about being recognize as DJ who is about the artform.

Just a thought
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:51 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
ay
yep

....aight shits a huffy but I keep it clean
ced_so_thoed 8:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

....aight shits a huffy but I keep it clean

ay
they have Huffy in Canada?
yep

Quote:
Probably would be better to try and get serato on board to sponsor something like this. Prep a really good sponsorship packet. Pitch the idea right and they should bite it.

Remember you have to paint the picture so they see how they benefit from sponsoring you. The coalition should be less about getting paid and more about being recognize as DJ who is about the artform.

Just a thought

ay
Sounds legit. I think I'll try to call Mike May.
yep
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
lolololol
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:06 PM - 19 June, 2012
You lost me @ canada lol
ced_so_thoed 8:59 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
You lost me @ canada lol

ay
I thought you lived in Canada.
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
mobile alabama, its just like canada just 100% different lol
ced_so_thoed 9:02 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

ay
Oh. Damn. How's the KKK around this time?
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:11 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

Pretty good, the annual picnic was last week, great white bread and plenty of mayo
ced_so_thoed 9:26 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

Pretty good, the annual picnic was last week, great white bread and plenty of mayo

ay
did you give your speech or did you attend the NAACP twerk fest instead?
yep
sixxx 9:32 PM - 19 June, 2012
you're letting Bezzle derail the thread...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:33 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

ay
did you give your speech or did you attend the NAACP twerk fest instead?
yep

ROTFL!!!!!!
ced_so_thoed 9:46 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
you're letting Bezzle derail the thread...

ay
I'm sorry. I fell into his trap. He's a whipper snapper trickster he is. Anyway, what sponsors would you want to try to come on board? DJ related and non.
yep
ced_so_thoed 9:53 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
I'd like to see if we could get the following sponsers:
Addidas
Fool's Gold
Styleflip.com
Trojan condoms
Mountain Dew (Pepsi)
Stanton
Serato
The Hundreds
Square
Burger King
yep
ced_so_thoed 10:04 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
If not Burger King then Carl's Jr or iHop or Denny's. Something 24 hours.
yep
canicypher 10:17 PM - 19 June, 2012
well...I like the idea..so yeah, I'm in...but i think the goal or a mission statement needs to be defined.

Serato Forums Dj Coalition! yep, sounds good....now what is it about?!

Quote:
A goal I would want is to be a force in the whole DJ culture and to have other djs want to get in, but have to come here first and be a contributing member in a way. Also to do sets at concerts and events, get sponsors, and battle other coalitions. And start our own pool as well.

What is the first step in accomplishing this and how do we do it as a collective...being that most of the above is probably some individual goals of a lot on this forum..I know I would like to effect Dj culture in a positive way and do more sets at concerts, events, get sponsors etc...
ced_so_thoed 10:21 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
Well it's an open discussion. Add some ideas. All will be welcomed. I think we could also hold our own workshops in areas for "real life djing" and not just all the stuff Serato is capable of. Such as making mix tapes, intros, sfxs, and shortcuts.
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:49 PM - 19 June, 2012
Goals: moneybig booty bitches and blunts, what else is there
sixxx 10:52 PM - 19 June, 2012
I will share my experience with the local DJ coalition I formed years ago, and also give ideas as to what I'd like this one to be about, etc.

Sometime after today when I'm not busy....
ced_so_thoed 10:53 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
fighting the urge not to let DJ-M.Beezle influence me to go off topic.

What is the minimum number of members would y'all say is good? I'm thinking atleast 3 in each genre.
yep
Nicky Blunt 10:58 PM - 19 June, 2012
interested, tracking!

I'd be down for hip hop funk soul battle breaks etc.
ced_so_thoed 11:12 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
So we have for hip hop, battle breaks etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt

Who else and what genre?
I'll talk to Mike May tomorrow and if he give us his blessing, I'll start setting some things up and get some feelers out there. Also set up a group text and conference call account.
yep
canicypher 11:26 PM - 19 June, 2012
I do open format now but came up in hip-hop..I like a little of everything...I do my house thing, some reggae, throwbacks, disco, motown, 80's etc.... of course, I'm not sure what locking myself into certain genres does right now at this stage of the coalition but i guess i'm more knowledgeable in hip-hop more so then anything else..
ced_so_thoed 11:33 PM - 19 June, 2012
ay
you can be open format. Some of us may only stick to one genre where as guys like you can jump in whatever you like.

hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt

open format:
canicypher

yep
canicypher 12:24 AM - 20 June, 2012
works for me....but u can add me into the hip-hop too :-) *Dj Tracktion - (would loooooove to be able to change my forum handle to my actual dj name)
DJ Tracktion 12:25 AM - 20 June, 2012
You know what...i fixed that..lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:29 AM - 20 June, 2012
Gonna try and stay on topic here but.....im open fornat generally speaking but

Dirty south
Dubstep
Breakbeats
Electrohouse....general edm
DJ Reflex 3:58 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
ay
If not Burger King then Carl's Jr or iHop or Denny's. Something 24 hours.
yep

I was thinking White Castle! "White Castle fries only come in one size."
ced_so_thoed 4:15 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
Sent Mike May an e-mail. Sending out more to others today. If I can get some word from him and/or Serato then I'll start getting packages together to send to sponsors.

hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle

open format:
DJ Tracktion

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle

yep

Quote:

I was thinking White Castle! "White Castle fries only come in one size."

ay
I never been to White Castle. We had one in Waco and it closed down in 3 months. People are loyal to Whataburger here in texas.
yep
AKIEM 4:26 PM - 20 June, 2012
Add me to the hiphop
ced_so_thoed 4:33 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM

open format:
DJ Tracktion

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle

I'm thinking we could also do our own versions of the Do-Over. Of course we'd have to come up with a name that would work everywhere.
yep
DJ Remy USA 4:39 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

thats why Dr. Dre's albums are so successful he's talking about blunts, 40 oz, and bitches
DJ Remy USA 4:42 PM - 20 June, 2012
Why cant we just call it the Serato DJ Coalition...adding the word forum into immediatly makes it sound nerdy.
DJ Remy USA 4:42 PM - 20 June, 2012
Who's the leader of this?
Eric N 4:53 PM - 20 June, 2012
I'm potentially interested as well. You can put me down for hip hop, open format, dubstep, EDM, rock, whatever. :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:54 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

thats why Dr. Dre's albums are so successful he's talking about blunts, 40 oz, and bitches

And you talking about homosexuals and vicadon, we cant sell this shit

Lol I love that skit
ced_so_thoed 4:56 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Why cant we just call it the Serato DJ Coalition...adding the word forum into immediatly makes it sound nerdy.

ay
we could do that. But I don't know if that would step on the toes of the offical Serato djs like the ones on the front page and the ones that do their demos at NAMM and youtube videos.
yep

Quote:

ay
it can be member managed, managed by a manager over the members, or we could have a president, secretary, and treasurer, or something else.
yep
ced_so_thoed 4:59 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

Rock:
Eric N

yep
DJ Alkemy 5:12 PM - 20 June, 2012
Hip-Hop, Funk, Soul
DJ Dac 5:23 PM - 20 June, 2012
tracking to see where this ends up...
DJ Remy USA 5:26 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And you talking about homosexuals and vicadon, we cant sell this shit

Lol I love that skit

I know right it fit in perfect....sorry no thread jack
DJ Remy USA 5:32 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
we could do that. But I don't know if that would step on the toes of the offical Serato djs like the ones on the front page and the ones that do their demos at NAMM and youtube videos.
yep

Quote:

ay
it can be member managed, managed by a manager over the members, or we could have a president, secretary, and treasurer, or something else.
yep

We should ok they are Serato Icons and not Serato DJ Coalition.

Can we get Serato in here I think we may have something. Its all for the art of DJing and plus you guys could stand to make some money.

We need some guys who can dedicate to managing such a program. Every successful program needs to have order, leardership, subbordinates, roles, responsibilities.

Things have to be organized so its best if the guys who really wanna see this baby fly get together on Ichat, OOvOO, skype or whatever get to know one another and work out some details.

I cant bite a bullet this big its going to take good sponsorship letter and most importantly what this coalition will do for serato's image, finances, and future marketability if they were to sponsor such a coalition.

If you get serato on board everything else will follow but you have to Serato onboard first.
ced_so_thoed 6:11 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

We should be ok they are Serato Icons and not Serato DJ Coalition.

ay
that makes a lot of sense. So I agree with it being Serato DJ Coalition, SDC for short perhaps.
yep

Quote:

Can we get Serato in here I think we may have something. Its all for the art of DJing and plus you guys could stand to make some money.

ay
I'll hit up Chad and y'all can as well if y'all are super cool with him.
yep

Quote:

We need some guys who can dedicate to managing such a program. Every successful program needs to have order, leardership, subbordinates, roles, responsibilities.

ay
I agree. We could do it a number of ways such as how an LLC is, which all the members manage everything and the operations of the group. Or 1 manager could be named to manage the members.
Or we could do as an incorporation, where it is more organized, where meetings are required and such. There are directors, and the directors elect the president, secretary, and treasurer. The directors hold stock. The directors are appointed by share holders but directors and share holders can be the same. The president can choose who the manager will be and the manager will direct the day to day operations.
yep

Quote:

Things have to be organized so its best if the guys who really wanna see this baby fly get together on Ichat, OOvOO, skype or whatever get to know one another and work out some details.

ay
I'm down for that. We can do that and we can make a group text line as well
yep
Quote:

I cant bite a bullet this big its going to take good sponsorship letter and most importantly what this coalition will do for serato's image, finances, and future marketability if they were to sponsor such a coalition.

ay
I agree. We would need to get this wrote up well and I happen to know a lawyer that his my girlfriend's bro.
yep
Quote:

If you get serato on board everything else will follow but you have to Serato onboard first.

ay
exactly. Serato would be the face card that all other sponsers would agree is a good look and would jump on board.
yep
ced_so_thoed 6:16 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

Rock:
Eric N

yep
djaction 6:40 PM - 20 June, 2012
um shouldn't a requirement for this thread be to post a mix of some sort
ced_so_thoed 6:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
um shouldn't a requirement for this thread be to post a mix of some sort

ay
possibly but we need to get the ok to start the coalition before we can start the process of rankings and what not. One requirement would be that you are a member of the Serato forums. All of us on here are like wise monks who know the ins and outs, the whats and hows, the whens and whys. But the problem is we are only preaching to the other preachers where we need our word to get out to those who don't know the dj culture and unspoken agreements. Get them involved on here where they will be emersed into this community which should be the biggest and strongest coalition seeing as many major djs use Serato. And think, how cool would it be to be in a coalition where big name djs come in after you and have to ask questions about us that you could answer? There's no limit to what could be done with this. We could really take this off and have promoters and club owners respect djs that aren't on tv or on everybody's FB.
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:54 PM - 20 June, 2012
Why does this thread remind me of the end of the movie "mobsters"
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:55 PM - 20 June, 2012
All we need now is a lil luck....and alot of hairgel
ced_so_thoed 7:33 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
I have G Chat on right now at tha.hustlas.dj@gmail.com. I have iChat but I'm not with my Mac right now. What do y'all want to be the method of communication via computer? Yahoo, Skype. AIM? And who would like to have a specific important role? Need to know that so we can start the chain of command and responsibilty of executing decisions.
yep
Aden 8:45 PM - 20 June, 2012
I'm kind of a lurker on these forum but I'm interested. I'm open format (hip hop roots). 14 years of mixing.

Dj Aden
djaction 8:56 PM - 20 June, 2012
but without mixes you wont be able to weed out the wavies/undercutters/assclowns etc
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:59 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
but without mixes you wont be able to weed out the wavies/undercutters/assclowns etc

Yes but if the whole thing is nixed from the start then none of that matters anyway
sixxx 9:03 PM - 20 June, 2012
Just get rid of M.Bezzle and you'll knock all three (wavies, undercutters, assclowns) out of the coalition.

hahaha
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:06 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Just get rid of M.Bezzle and you'll knock all three (wavies, undercutters, assclowns) out of the coalition.

hahaha

IM NOT AN UNDERCUTTER!!! Lol
ced_so_thoed 9:15 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
Sixx you have G chat?
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:19 PM - 20 June, 2012
Sixxx has O-Chat
Dj Shamann 9:31 PM - 20 June, 2012
Somebody tried this here about 5 or 6 years ago, built a Myspace (might have even made a legit site) but it fizzled.

Not saying it isn't a good idea but people like to commit in a thread when they've got nothing to do that day, but putting in actual legwork is a different story.

What I'd like to see return is the forum mixtape.
ced_so_thoed 9:37 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Somebody tried this here about 5 or 6 years ago, built a Myspace (might have even made a legit site) but it fizzled.

Not saying it isn't a good idea but people like to commit in a thread when they've got nothing to do that day, but putting in actual legwork is a different story.

What I'd like to see return is the forum mixtape.

ay
no problem with trying it again. We have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.
yep
ced_so_thoed 9:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
everyone serious about this download the GroupMe app and then send me your number so I can add you.
yep
ced_so_thoed 9:56 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy
Aden

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Aden

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

Rock:
Eric N

yep
Dj Shamann 9:57 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
no problem with trying it again. We have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

No doubt, I mean I wish it would've worked back then, but there was a big "coalition" fad happening at the time and I think there was a bunch of people trying to cash in but but going about it the wrong way.
ced_so_thoed 10:04 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
we're thick on the hip hop side. I'm ready to put down some sets. Might try the continuation mix where someone does 10 mins and then sends it to the next person and they do 10 mins and then they send with everything blending and transitioning. Open format should try it too.
yep
ced_so_thoed 10:30 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
Oh we need Video djs too.
yep
Eric N 10:46 PM - 20 June, 2012
I do video as well. :)
Eric N 10:46 PM - 20 June, 2012
So does M-Bezzle, I think.
ced_so_thoed 10:50 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
we're going to switch to Google+ because it won't charge our international friends. I need to set mine up. I haven't used it in forever. Sure it has dust on it.
yep
ced_so_thoed 11:03 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
make a Google+ account and make a Serato DJ Coalition cirlce and add me tha.hustlas.dj@gmail.com
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:23 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
So does M-Bezzle, I think.

yup
DJ Tracktion 11:54 PM - 20 June, 2012
I do videos also...and throw me down on the edm list too...

My google+ is djtracktion..but yea, def gotta knock the cobwebs off that account
ced_so_thoed 12:14 AM - 21 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy
Aden

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Aden

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N
DJ Tracktion

Rock:
Eric N

Video:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Dj-M.Bezzle
ced_so_thoed

yep
ced_so_thoed 12:19 AM - 21 June, 2012
ay
Google+ has an app. I don't know if iPhone has one.
yep
M-anbe 12:47 AM - 21 June, 2012
im down for the open format (mashMuzik)
Dj Shamann 1:00 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
tha.hustlas.dj@gmail.com

Says it doesn't exist
Dj JesC 2:14 AM - 21 June, 2012
Im down, I spin Hardcore (gabber), Im from L.A.
ced_so_thoed 2:54 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Hello Cedricke and thanks for reaching out. I agree with some of your assessment here with DJ’S knowing what to do with the gear; however that has always been the case regardless of the technology being used. The DJ market place as we both know is very populated and some representing themselves as DJ’S are making it difficult for those who have spent time at their craft to be successful. In my opinion the public is ultimately going to deicide. If the Jukebox DJ’S continue to get hired and the folks in clubs continue to think that is good enough you had better work really hard to make yourself stand out. Of course this has always been true, great talent finds a way to make its mark. We can speak more on this when I get back off the road training on the new products. I will be back in the office on July 2nd.

Best regards,

Mike May

ay
*rips shirt like Hulk Hogan*
We got our foot in the door. We need to write up some shit fast. And I think we should make this an open discussion with Mike May so not just I am speaking with him because I'm sure some of y'all have ideas and views that can be elaborated when talking with him. We got to do this. We got to do this. LEEEETTTTSSSS GOOOOOO!!!!!!
*hyper ventilating*
yep
ced_so_thoed 3:01 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
tha.hustlas.dj@gmail.com

Says it doesn't exist

ay
try Ceddy Ced.
yep
DJ Remy USA 3:09 AM - 21 June, 2012
say it aint so....how many of the DJs so far could really dedicate the time to this?
ced_so_thoed 3:16 AM - 21 June, 2012
ay
I would sir. I've been very passionate about my craft and the culture. I recognize my talent and those of others and can honestly tell someone to their face that they are better than me if they are instead of saying fuck it I won't show up. I don't have a problem with having to fight for the attention even if I don't get it in the end. Because at least I will know how to correct myself the next time I try.
yep
ced_so_thoed 3:25 AM - 21 June, 2012
ay
hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy
Aden

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Aden
M-anbe

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N
DJ Tracktion

Rock:
Eric N

Hardcore:
Dj JesC

Video:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Dj-M.Bezzle
ced_so_thoed
yep
Solidsnake 3:27 AM - 21 June, 2012
hip-hop, funk, video... need to see if I remember my Google+ account...
ced_so_thoed 2:35 PM - 21 June, 2012
ay

hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy
Aden
Solidsnake
DjPHranchise

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Aden
M-anbe

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N
DJ Tracktion

Rock:
Eric N

Hardcore:
Dj JesC

Video:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Dj-M.Bezzle
ced_so_thoed
Solidsnake

DjPHranchise hit me in PM and said he's good with proof reading things we send out which could benefit us. I think we also need a Scratch division of djs to battle or showcase skills. Somewhat like a DMC group.
yep
DJ JT Stevens 7:00 PM - 21 June, 2012
Ceddy Ced, just wanted to chime in and say this is a great idea. I'm still relatively new to the community here but it's really cool to see you guys putting something together. Hoping that it takes off and really starts something.

I'd volunteer to DJ but I'm no turntablist (yet) and the list of guys you have going already have skills way above and beyond what I can do.

However I'd like to help in some way like DJPhranchise, so if you need assistance with proofreading or putting some docs together let me know. I've been working in corporate America since I was 20 and have a way with words when it comes to these kind of things.
DJ Remy USA 7:10 PM - 21 June, 2012
Count me in I'll participate but I honestly dont want to get involved in any of the politics that will come along with managing this. No disrespect to anyone but managing anything is a full time job I take my hat to the guys that step up and manage this thing properly just dont let it crash and burn if it doesnt work out gracefully retire your efforts and thank everyone who supported.

DJ Remy Sounds
100% Open format DJ I will play it all
ced_so_thoed 7:30 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Ceddy Ced, just wanted to chime in and say this is a great idea. I'm still relatively new to the community here but it's really cool to see you guys putting something together. Hoping that it takes off and really starts something.

I'd volunteer to DJ but I'm no turntablist (yet) and the list of guys you have going already have skills way above and beyond what I can do.

However I'd like to help in some way like DJPhranchise, so if you need assistance with proofreading or putting some docs together let me know. I've been working in corporate America since I was 20 and have a way with words when it comes to these kind of things.

ay
see that is the thing. You already respected here by being a member to have joined the forum to put your pride aside and ask for help on topics that may have been answered 30 times already. And the skills don't matter. That will come with practice and being around guys like us. It's all about the comradery and having the same desire to be a great dj through superior skill and originality. We all lack in something on the decks I'm sure, but doesn't mean we hit a wall. You're down with us.
yep

ay
I bought something from AGIPRODJ.com and they might be interested. take a look.
yep

Quote:
Big-B
Good question. Send me an email with your proposal and I will forward it to the powers that be. blake @agiprodj.com

Big-B
I think its a great idea. This is something that reminds me of the RECORD business now days. Record companies will sign you if they see you doing it yourself and making money and all a record company is today is distribution. So in this sense Rane would jump faster on your idea if they see you connecting with DJ's and making moves. Don't be down with them let them be down with YOU>.

2:20 pm My 2 cents

ay
let's jump on this and write something up to present to them.
yep

Quote:
Count me in I'll participate but I honestly dont want to get involved in any of the politics that will come along with managing this. No disrespect to anyone but managing anything is a full time job I take my hat to the guys that step up and manage this thing properly just dont let it crash and burn if it doesnt work out gracefully retire your efforts and thank everyone who supported.

DJ Remy Sounds
100% Open format DJ I will play it all

ay
I know. I think I am real good at being mediator and finding what will work with compromise but I'm prepared for it.
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:45 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
see that is the thing. You already respected here by being a member to have joined the forum
speak for yourself lol
DJ JT Stevens 7:47 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
see that is the thing. You already respected here by being a member to have joined the forum
speak for yourself lol

Aw c'mon Bezzle. After that joke you made about me I thought we were cool. That was a defining moment for me. Haha.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:33 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
speak for yourself lol

Aw c'mon Bezzle. After that joke you made about me I thought we were cool. That was a defining moment for me. Haha.

Lol I was pokin fun at myself in this one lol
ced_so_thoed 10:27 PM - 21 June, 2012
ay
Can y'all put your dj name next your name and where you are and what you play on.

hip hop, breaks, etc:
ced_so_thoed
Nicky Blunt
DJ Tracktion
Dj-M.Bezzle
AKIEM
Eric N
DJ Alkemy
Aden
Solidsnake
DjPHranchise

open format:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Aden
M-anbe
DJ Remy Sounds

Dubstep:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N

EDM:
Dj-M.Bezzle
Eric N
DJ Tracktion

Rock:
Eric N

Hardcore:
Dj JesC

Video:
DJ Tracktion
Eric N
Dj-M.Bezzle
ced_so_thoed
Solidsnake

yep
DJ Dac 10:57 PM - 21 June, 2012
man i wish i had time to do this...
AKIEM 12:29 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:

Lol I was pokin fun at myself in this one lol

Beezle always bringin that sand to the beach
Steve E Wunda 12:44 AM - 22 June, 2012
I'm with it. Hip Hop (specialize in underground & old school 80s 90s) - Turntablism, Reggae, House, Soul, Funk, R&B. Also dabble a bit into Salsa, Merengue, Soca, Calypso, & other Spanish or Caribbean genres. A little EDM, Top 40, Rock, Jazz, every once and a while. About to start learning about video too, although right now I'm super rookie status on that. Also have skills in production & engineering (studio & live sound).
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:52 AM - 22 June, 2012
so guys are we famous yet?? Im starting to think ill have better luck with a homer simpson mask and a strobe light on youtube
Dj JesC 2:06 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
so guys are we famous yet?? Im starting to think ill have better luck with a homer simpson mask and a strobe light on youtube

+1 ill be Barney
ced_so_thoed 1:01 PM - 22 June, 2012
ay
I'm going to start proposals up. I'll have the proof readers on here look at it and I have a lawyer that will look at it too. I need everyone with other ideas and expectations to PM me so we can discuss stuff so we can make this happen.
yep
Logisticalstyles 4:24 PM - 22 June, 2012
I'm down with this. I mostly play Hip-Hop.

I was thinking in addition to separating DJs by genres, we should also consider breaking it down by the type of DJing you do. Mobile DJs, Club DJs, Producer DJs all do something a little different.
Jesus Christ 4:46 AM - 23 June, 2012
Tracking for the guaranteed hilarity.

Quote:

You think you just made a joke, but DJ Blend is actually from this Forum. He was the "quiet kid who we'd see at the jammy jam." Here's a picture of him sitting in the middle next to Splyce. This was at a Jammy Jam in 2009.

onfinite.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:05 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
Tracking for the guaranteed hilarity.

Quote:

You think you just made a joke, but DJ Blend is actually from this Forum. He was the "quiet kid who we'd see at the jammy jam." Here's a picture of him sitting in the middle next to Splyce. This was at a Jammy Jam in 2009.

onfinite.com

lol i never noticed that! on a side note i HATE that pic, i have a mental image of everyone from the forum and that pic destroys it lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:17 AM - 24 June, 2012
Tracking...
ced_so_thoed 3:27 PM - 25 June, 2012
ay
Got a rough typed up. I will need other folks input.
yep
djaction 4:09 PM - 25 June, 2012
i'm in as long as bezzle is out
Mizurah 4:16 PM - 25 June, 2012
I'm in.

I live in Isla Vista, CA (couple miles north of Santa Barbara). It's a UCSB college town so I go as low as $150 for my mobile gigs sometimes.

I spin hip-hop, house, and dubstep on a DDJ-S1. I often DJ house parties of over 400 people, all UCSB and SBCC students and have a full mobile DJ setup with speakers and lights.
ced_so_thoed 4:30 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:

ay
is this a make or break thing? All bullshit to the side, forreal?
yep
djaction 4:35 PM - 25 June, 2012
my point was how can u make a coalition of dj's when you dont know who is whack who is an undercutter etc etc..
ced_so_thoed 4:40 PM - 25 June, 2012
ay
oh yeah you did say that. Yeah after we get Serato on board we'll start seeing about doing rankings and who is wack.
yep
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:57 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

Gotta admit it would be a smart trade lol
DJ Tracktion 5:11 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

..did u just make the case against yourself?!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:18 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
yep

..did u just make the case against yourself?!

I call a spade a spade it is what it is lol
DJ Tracktion 2:47 AM - 26 June, 2012
It's like when keepin' it real goes wrong..
ced_so_thoed 9:36 PM - 29 June, 2012
ay
still working on this. Haven't forgot about it.
yep
Papa Midnight 9:48 PM - 29 June, 2012
You have my interest...
Now tracking this thread.