DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Some Skratch Samples

SpareChange 6:31 AM - 19 June, 2012
I taught a turntablism workshop today for the Elementz hip hop youth art center in Cincinnati..it was encouraging a good mix of beginners and vets who all seemed really interested in the art...anyways I whipped up a little mini skratch record with some samples and a few plain beats at different tempos that they could use to practice with so I figured I would share with anybody who's interested

www.mediafire.com
djbanno 11:25 AM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks for the DL mate, this is exactly what i need.
(My passion is EDM but I'm increasingly inspired by the turntablism on this site)
Looking forward to some practice with this.
Cheers.
Snav 11:50 AM - 19 June, 2012
Cheers man. will check them out
Anu 1:36 PM - 19 June, 2012
Appreciate that.....

I used to live in Madisonville.....U from Nati...?
DJRemixEnt 2:26 PM - 19 June, 2012
thank u!
DJ JT Stevens 2:28 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks SpareChange, definitely going to check these out.
funkyfresh2012 9:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks for that
DJ Rugged One 9:28 PM - 19 June, 2012
Word. Gonna peep them.
Nicky Blunt 11:01 PM - 19 June, 2012
anyone actually listened to these to see if they are worth a download?
DJ JT Stevens 11:21 PM - 19 June, 2012
There are four files. One is an 808 sounding beat at 115BPM, another is a standard hip hop beat at 93BPM, and the third is a slow 70BPM beat with 16th note hi-hats and some ambient sounds in the background.

The fourth file has a bunch of your standard scratches and samples but not much space in between them and it's about a minute long.

I'm not much of a scratcher myself, still learning, but from what I can tell it's standard stuff. Great for a beginner like me to practice with but you vets probably have similar tools at your disposal.

Thanks again SpareChange.
Nicky Blunt 12:04 AM - 22 June, 2012
good lookin out fam. I'll peep this out.
SpareChange 3:33 AM - 22 June, 2012
yeah basically I just threw it together the day before the class because I thought it would be a good idea for them to have something to take home to practice with in case they didn't already...it wasn't intended to be a official break record or anything like that but at some point I would like to put together one that's more intricate and polished.

Quote:
Appreciate that.....

I used to live in Madisonville.....U from Nati...?

Dayton
DJ Deliciouz 12:14 AM - 2 August, 2012
Awesome samples, thanks!!
DJ Deliciouz 12:14 AM - 2 August, 2012
You can get some more samples here as well:
bit.ly
dj_ys 8:46 PM - 2 August, 2012
Nice. Thanks.