Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

A Play Count column option in the Library

Ad77 9:33 PM - 17 June, 2012
It would be great to have this feature to help find out tracks what we don't play so often. We could find out why and if we really need to keep the tracks in our library. A Play Count column helps us sus out many things about a track.
Dj Simone Chicago 7:07 AM - 11 September, 2012
Would be a great idea! Please add it Serato! It would help EVERYONE clean up their hard drives by figuring out what they never play! hah
Pyrex FWI 11:05 AM - 14 September, 2012
I agree with you Add77,a count play column is a good idea.
St Flames 7:34 AM - 8 March, 2013
YES! WHY NOT!
djarmandi 4:33 PM - 8 May, 2013
+1000 yes please, i got 30.000 song in my mac, this is a great tool for me remember what i use more, thanks!
Jonfire 3:10 AM - 19 May, 2013
Yes i agree could be handy
Laz219 12:38 AM - 20 May, 2013
Been requested many times, but still....would really liked this feature.
musiclee 3:19 PM - 20 May, 2013
Good Idea

But play count should only register if song is played for at least 20 seconds so the songs we audition don't get registered as actually being played
Dj MacMillz 1:19 AM - 22 May, 2013
Quote:
Good Idea

But play count should only register if song is played for at least 20 seconds so the songs we audition don't get registered as actually being played

Or implement it just like how they changed the tracks turning to green only on deck change.
TRIBALTECHNO 9:26 AM - 23 May, 2013
This is a really great idea!!!:) ive benn wanting to switch to serato but im kinda hesitant because it dosent come with this feature :)
musiclee 12:33 PM - 23 May, 2013
Wow. This feature alone has held you back from SSL?

Why not add it ? You can always hide it if you want

But have a way to reset track counts. :)

Bring it !!!
pueblofunky 10:13 AM - 24 May, 2013
But only with an option if this tag should be updated or not (or written back with 0 etc).

I don't need and want it.

Because whenever you play it - the information has to be written back to the file - which results in a big sync to my backup hard disc!
Laz219 2:53 PM - 24 May, 2013
A tag update is an extremely minor change, whenever you change any name details of a track- it is done and so quickly you wouldn't even realise (besides the status bar says it)
Mustafa.Albazy 5:38 PM - 13 July, 2016
Serato please add this feature, it will help a lot for DJs with big library like me and many others.

It's definitely will help by

- Improving song selection.
- Deleting unplayed/unwanted/old tracks, or you can analyze why you don't play this track.
- Will help when searching for new tracks, so you can know which one will go well with your most played tracks.

please don't ignore it's a must have!
DJ Ravien 9:49 PM - 13 July, 2016
+1 yet again :)
dj.insomnia 4:00 AM - 14 July, 2016
+1 on this. I was going through my crates and thought how dope it'd be to be able to make a "smart crate" that updates live with all your most commonly played tracks. All the ones that never get played get automatically removed. Please add! =)
Mustafa.Albazy 12:18 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
+1 on this. I was going through my crates and thought how dope it'd be to be able to make a "smart crate" that updates live with all your most commonly played tracks. All the ones that never get played get automatically removed. Please add! =)

Yeah it will automate many things that we have to do manually atm!
DJ Ravien 2:57 PM - 18 July, 2016
I did a search and came back with at least 15-20 threads requesting this some dating back as far as 2008 possibly further.. Honestly can't see why this hasn't been implemented, SDJ can keep the history for all the tracks I played but can't update play count...
Mustafa.Albazy 7:58 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
I did a search and came back with at least 15-20 threads requesting this some dating back as far as 2008 possibly further.. Honestly can't see why this hasn't been implemented, SDJ can keep the history for all the tracks I played but can't update play count...

you are right about this.. I did the same search in this forum, and just update this topic instead of opening new one.

and I'm just like you can't understand why this simple feature that will help a lot not yet in SDJ!
DJ Ravien 9:30 PM - 18 July, 2016
I don't know. It seems like some people want the option to sync with itunes as well... perhaps that is where the issue arises. Since to my understanding itunes doesn't store this data in the file itself but instead in its own database.

Personally I could care less about it syncing with itunes since I don't really use it, but eh that's just my opinion.
Taco Bello 3:49 PM - 20 July, 2016
+1 This is a great idea.
AKIEM 3:41 PM - 30 July, 2016
+1
ticklz 7:42 AM - 16 August, 2016
+1 bump
DJABELLSTL 2:24 AM - 26 March, 2018
NEED THIS!! been waiting since 2010
Tomixxx 8:02 PM - 5 May, 2019
For Mac users, there's software called "Crate Digger" available, see
serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:41 PM - 6 June, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that Play Count is now available in the DJ Pro 2.2 public beta. If you'd like to give it a try you can find it here -> serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.