Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato dj intro has no audio through my computer and computer speakers.

DjLarrydee 8:25 PM - 15 June, 2012
I just bought the reloop terminal mix 4 that comes with serato dj intro. As soon as i go to dj, no sound comes out. The controller works i am able to mess around with everything but no sound comes out of my computer speakers when connected and my computer itself. I tried even routing a RCA cable from the controller to the computer but it has still yet to work. Lastly i tried hooking the controller up to a speaker and it still wouldnt play sound. PLEASE help me out, anyone. THanks, larry
DjLarrydee 9:14 PM - 15 June, 2012
I can only hear sound if it is played through the headphone jack it is so wierd!!!
phatbob 12:36 AM - 16 June, 2012
When the controller is connected the sound goes through the controller only, not through the computer.

You need to connect the main output of the controller to an amplifier or some powered speakers.

If you're getting output through the headphones that suggests the controller is working ok.
DjLarrydee 1:29 AM - 16 June, 2012
i connected it to a powered speaker earlier and i was still getting nothing =(
DjLarrydee 1:31 AM - 16 June, 2012
this thing doesnt like me
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 11:40 PM - 8 July, 2012
Hi Larry,

how are you going with this?

Mathew
Warre 10:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
Hi,

the exact same problem for me!
Could someone please help because I really want to start DJing!
Xtariz 9:11 PM - 27 November, 2012
I have the same problem with my DDJ-SX...
Allot of things going on... but no sounds coming out...
DJ-SERKUS 4:58 AM - 29 November, 2012
adjust you audio interface output. or reinstall the software and reconnect. but the audio will come out of the controller ONLY not from your computer. use the main audio output from the back of the controller if your getting a signal from your headphones the controller is working. try takeing the rca outs into a amp or a home stereo.. or even get an adapter for rca to headphone jack and try some kind of like ipod speaker or something.
check you audio settings in the setup. if that dont work then deff call the tech support. They are awsome you get a real person and he stays on the phone and guides you through it all. good luck guys hope all goes well.. and you can jam out
Gern Blanston 2:26 AM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
When the controller is connected the sound goes through the controller only, not through the computer.

You need to connect the main output of the controller to an amplifier or some powered speakers.

If you're getting output through the headphones that suggests the controller is working ok.

Hmm. For my weird purposes, I'd really want the sound to be played back through my computer. I believe you that it doesn't work that way; I'm just bummed. If you upgrade to the full version, is it possible to play through the computer? Given that version allows you to record the output on the computer it seems at least possible.
Gern Blanston 4:38 AM - 2 January, 2014
I actually found an alternate solution. I can easily use an RCA to mini cable to run the output of the controller back into the Mac. So far that seems to work very nicely.
mustafayahya 6:29 PM - 13 September, 2014
hi to everyone i am ddj sr user and i use serato. after i update my controller it start to quit unexpectedly before serato i was using traktor and in traktor you can choose wich soundcard you want to use but serato dont have that option and it is not nice when i plug my controller i have serato two deck why you make something like this i really dont understand it will be great if you put an option to choose soundcard because i also dont like sound card quality of my controller i rather use external sound card and stabil dj program because controllers are sometimes needs to open and close that happens by traktor also but as i said traktor have sound card option and program dont changes when you close your controller that is really unneccessary

pls do something

best regards
Alan j 12:09 PM - 26 February, 2015
i tried to record a set tonight for the 1st time. in serato dj but no audio was coming through when i pressed the record . only through my output monitors. Is there a way to turn it on tried to transfer to a play back on pc but no sound whats so ever.

Anyone have an answer would be grateful :-)

thanks Alan
Jahhhno 1:10 AM - 20 March, 2015
First you need an RCA to headphone adapter. This means the red and white cables are going through an adapter that looks like the same plug for headphones. Plug that into your Line-in jack on your computer.

Then if you have windows, go to the "Recording" tab and right-click "Line In" and go to "Properties." Go to the "Listen" tab then check the "Listen to this device" box and voila!

Just make sure your output is defaulted to your computer speakers.
Alan j 10:31 AM - 21 March, 2015
Thanks for info, finally got it to work . :-)
JackThompson17 9:34 AM - 4 June, 2015
I have switched between traktor and serato and now when I try use my DDJ-SB, no audio, but when I test it it comes through both the controller and the headphones??
BlaxSociety 3:56 AM - 6 June, 2015
Check your sound preferences.
S.Roche 7:15 PM - 25 December, 2015
Hi,
I just got a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and I cant seem to figure out how the "DJ Intro" thing works because I have my controller hooked up as it should be but there is still no sound coming from anything, its really annoying because it works for "virtual dj" but I don't want to buy the licence for that because lets face it.......that's BS any help would be appreciated !!
Thanks In Advance
-Shaun
amz91 7:48 PM - 25 December, 2015
Quote:
Hi,
I just got a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and I cant seem to figure out how the "DJ Intro" thing works because I have my controller hooked up as it should be but there is still no sound coming from anything, its really annoying because it works for "virtual dj" but I don't want to buy the licence for that because lets face it.......that's BS any help would be appreciated !!
Thanks In Advance
-Shaun

I'm in the same boat shaun apart from trying virtual dj, have you got anywhere with it?
djburn1 9:50 PM - 25 December, 2015
I just got a pioneer ddj sb2 and I don't have sound when I plug my controller in. When I plug it out it plays through my headphone jack or my computer. I have my controller hooked to an amp with speakers. Still no sound at all. Please help
S.Roche 12:29 PM - 26 December, 2015
I'm having the same issue its just very frustrating!
djburn1 10:21 PM - 26 December, 2015
Very frustrating. I have windows 7 updating to windows 10 now to see if anything changes, really dont want to upgrade cause i heard windows 10 sucks. If that still doesn't work I'm reformatting my computer and redownloading serato and everuthing. If anything works I'll repost.
DJ-SM 11:48 PM - 26 December, 2015
DJ-SM here i have a DDJ SB 2 and i have speakers pioneer head phone and i can remix it says error failed to connect audio please help email me a tdempsey101@gmail.com :) thanks
S.Roche 11:04 AM - 27 December, 2015
Windows ten is great if you ask me it probably wont change anything though
if anything works let me know
-Shaun
mdwalshy 7:16 PM - 31 December, 2015
I have just got a denon mc6000mk2 and having the same problem !! Can't get sound from anywhere , probably something to do with the sound setup on pc or maybe the way it's wired in but can't seem to figure it out at all.

Controller plug into pc , all working fine with serato

Rca from master out to rca input on powered sound base

No sound from headphones either.

Very annoying can anyone help ?

Thanks
Mike
djburn1 8:37 AM - 15 January, 2016
figured it out. im an idiot.. trim was all the way down on the controller and didnt realize it. my other controlleer i had before this didnt have a trim
DJ fppe 1:06 PM - 2 March, 2016
For the Users of the Pioneer DDJ-SB controller You dont have to use the back "Master Out" you can use the headphone jack on the left hand side
DJ Legatron Prime 1:19 AM - 20 March, 2016
I'm running into the same issue with my pioneer ddj sx2. 1st serato wasn't recognizing the controller and after updating my laptop to windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling serato dj and reintroducing the controller to my computer, it finally recognized it and i could basically use it. There was that and now there's no audio coming out of my laptop speakers nor the headphone jacks (on the laptop and controller) and all 4 decks are playing fine from what I've seen from my controller just no sound. I've set my main audio output as default and everything and still nothing. Please help!
thespankmaster 12:05 PM - 30 March, 2016
my is issue serato dj intro. no sound comes out. my pcThe controller works i am able to mess around with everything but no sound comes out of my computer ,when i connected to amp i get sound mya RCA cable from the controller to the amp ok ,but the computer still has no sound sound. PLEASE help me out, anyone. THanks, thespankmaster
Core 11:35 PM - 4 April, 2016
So many of the reported audio issues on this forum, including this one, could be easily fixed if only Serato allowed you to change or use multiple playback source like literally every other DJ software. Such and simple and easy thing to do that for some reason this software did not already include. Personally I'll be using another program other than Serato until they hopefully allow you to use or change audio playback source.
thespankmaster 9:33 AM - 10 April, 2016
Quote:
So many of the reported audio issues on this forum, including this one, could be easily fixed if only Serato allowed you to change or use multiple playback source like literally every other DJ software. Such and simple and easy thing to do that for some reason this software did not already include. Personally I'll be using another program other than Serato until they hopefully allow you to use or change audio playback source.
thanks for your feed back its doing my head in hopefully it will get fixed?
what DJ software are you using
DJ-SM 7:10 AM - 24 May, 2016
guys if you get a new kit get the DDJ SB2 by Pioneer its so easy and look
amyhack 11:51 PM - 8 November, 2016
did anyone mange to resolve the issue with the DDJ-SB2 the controller finally connected but now I have no sound coming trough my speakers if anyone knows how to fix it please help...
FatTony 3:51 PM - 31 December, 2016
GUYS I HAD THE SAME ISSUE... YOU NEED TO GO TO THE PIONEER SITE LIKE IT SAYS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS AND DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS OR WHATEVER... I HAD NO AUDIO AND COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT... READ THE MANUAL.. DOWNLOADED DRIVERS... HAD AUDIO!
Litty Kitty 4:55 PM - 12 January, 2017
I just set up serato on my mac , and i have a pioneer sb2 controller i can't seem to get any audio to play through my computer at all . please help
Tommy L. 12:57 PM - 26 January, 2017
Hello!

I bought a DDJ-SB2 and connected to my Asus I7 Windows 10 pro laptop but no audio coming out from computer or computer speakers. I have downloaded the drivers from Pioneer website, uninstalled and reinstalled Serato a few times, changed the default communication device in the sound settings, etc. but still no audio from no where. If anyone has the same issue with a solution please help!
Tommy L. 12:59 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
Hello!

I bought a DDJ-SB2 and connected to my Asus I7 Windows 10 pro laptop but no audio coming out from computer or computer speakers. I have downloaded the drivers from Pioneer website, uninstalled and reinstalled Serato a few times, changed the default communication device in the sound settings, etc. but still no audio from no where. If anyone has the same issue with a solution please help!

no audio from computer speakers or floor standing speakers when connected by RCA cable I meant. Thanks
Jtech86 2:45 AM - 9 February, 2017
No audio issue for me too, however, the fix for me was an order of operations with the computer. After installing the correct driver from the Pioneer website for the ddj-sb2, make sure before launching the serato dj intro software that the pioneer ddj-sb2 USB cord is plugged in and completely ready for by the computer then launch the serato dj intro software. Also check your trim, master level and fader controls.
seanpersaud 2:54 AM - 15 February, 2017
I have a promblem everytime i plug my ddjsb2 to my computer and the wires from speaker to controller no sound will come out
ERuE 3:54 AM - 17 February, 2017
Hey guys...if you already download the drivers....go on Serato and next to the Cues there is a INT button....hit it and see if it works then
ERuE 3:55 AM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
I have a promblem everytime i plug my ddjsb2 to my computer and the wires from speaker to controller no sound will come out

let me know if what i posted works(above this comment)
omgdj 4:45 AM - 26 February, 2018
Hi. I’m having trouble getting sound out of my new denon mc6000mc 2. I have installed a serato intro into my pc. Sounds come only from headphones but nothing from speaker. I have a power speakers. Only hummming sounds. Please help.
JoshSavage 3:57 AM - 20 April, 2018
The issue seems to be driver related on PC's I have these issues on my PC but not on the laptop.
Shawn Greenwood 7:33 AM - 6 July, 2018
Down load firmware from Pioneer.com
Set All mixer nobs at 12 o'clock
Load a song in Deck
Push Play
Listen.
Just My opinion
No FX Please
mdtapia01 7:52 PM - 8 October, 2018
You will need to Run RCA to 3.5 mm AuX cable from back of your controller to your INPUT jack on your iMAC or MAcbook Go to Settings and Select The System Input as designated(usually will automatically select your controller as default. make sure the input is turned up almost to max(just my opinion) Select Output to Internal Speakers from Controller USB Audio(default when plugged in)

On PC use same cord RCA to 3.5 mm aux cable. GO to Sound Settings Under Recording Tab make sure Stereo Mix is Enabled and select it as default GO to Listen Tab and Select LISTEN to this Device. Adjust Volume accordingly. You will need to have Your Controllers Audio Card set to Default Device in order for this to work on PC
DJ *Slink* 2:01 AM - 30 September, 2019
Does anyone have a direct link to the pioneer site to download the drivers?
I am having the same problem. Plugged everything up and no output to my speakers. I have tried different cords, different laptop,
This setup has worked perfectly in the past, just all of a sudden it does not play.. help!!!
Serato, Support
Luke B 9:46 PM - 1 October, 2019
Hi DJ *Slink*,

You can find drivers for Pioneer devices here: www.pioneerdj.com

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Support team here: support.serato.com