DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Empath being Discontinued?

grrillatactics 8:02 PM - 10 June, 2012
Black Empath with faders already discontinued, the others are still available *for a limited time*... Wonder if the Empath SL that so many have been hoping for is finally on the way?

www.rane.com
Nicky Blunt 1:46 PM - 11 June, 2012
I really fucking hope so!!!!

Ive been screaming at the development dept for about three to four years for one!!!!!!!

This makes me smile!
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:32 PM - 11 June, 2012
My buddy here got the last one ever made. It's signed by everyone at Rane. I'll post a pic later today.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:42 PM - 11 June, 2012
^^truth. That was such a cool little project.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:55 PM - 11 June, 2012
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:55 PM - 11 June, 2012
you made my buddy Ross a really happy man.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:44 PM - 11 June, 2012

Awesome
Sol*los 11:21 PM - 11 June, 2012
Nice, so how did he get it? Just buy it new and saw that when he opened it?
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:24 AM - 12 June, 2012
he had trouble finding an empath in stock until someone told him that they were going to discontinued, so he called Rane and asked to get the last one and have it signed by everyone. They liked the request so they did it. The sides are all signed and the bottom is covered with signatures from everyone at Rane. very cool that Rane honored the request.
Nicky Blunt 1:53 AM - 12 June, 2012
thats pretty cool.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:15 AM - 12 June, 2012
bring on the Empath SL, EmpathMIDI, and SIXTY-THREE!!!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:37 PM - 12 June, 2012
It was really cool for all of us here. The concept came up during a monthly company meeting. Linda (co-owner and so much more) said that we were about to make the last Empath and that a person had requested the last one. They also wanted all of us to sign the mixer. You should have seen the whole room light up, we all thought it was so cool and it was really an honor to have a person make that request. This project gave us all some excitement. Very cool.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:38 PM - 12 June, 2012
p.s. We want to see pictures of it in 10 years too :)
Dj Shamann 10:50 PM - 15 June, 2012
That's awesome, it's stuff like this that reminds me why I've only used Rane mixers for the past 14 years.
DJ Eighty 8 1:42 AM - 16 June, 2012
I have come 2 luv my 62, but I ain't gonna lie my Empath/SL3/Traktor Kontrol X1 combination was hard to beat and served me well for years. The Empath is/was a true "workhorse" mixer......
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:25 AM - 16 June, 2012
yup empath is great mixer..

hope to see an SL empath to replace it.
DJ STU-C 11:42 AM - 17 June, 2012
my djm800 would be solid gone if they designed an empath SL..... please include per channel filters on whatever replaces it

can you imagine how good a rane filter would sound
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:59 PM - 17 June, 2012
I know how good they sound onthe SIXTY-TEO
[O/][iii][O/] 11:10 AM - 9 November, 2012
RIP Empath. One of the greatest mixers of all time. I personally own two rotary version.

God I hope this means a proper replacement is on the way, on that has built-in SL. And please, pretty please Rane, offer it in rotary version as well. As I'm sure you already know, we rotary users are a relatively small, but passionate group, and the rotary Empath is one of only a very few, truly portable, compact solutions.

I'd even be down for a 4-channel rotary in a 12" chassis.

Include dedicated LPF/HPF filter knobs for each channel and a master 3-band isolator (like E&S DJR 400) and name your price.
[O/][iii][O/] 11:11 AM - 9 November, 2012
rOtary rOtary rOtary rOtary
[O/][iii][O/] 1:13 PM - 9 November, 2012
This could work too i802.photobucket.com
s3kn0tr0n1c 1:48 PM - 9 November, 2012
thats an ace avatar
the Snowman 2:10 AM - 10 November, 2012
Yeah, I have been waiting on the Empath SL, or 63, or whatever is it is going to be called. I have two Empath's, one rotary, and have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Well today, I scored a 68 for only $1300 (sweeeeet!!), so I may be selling one of my Empath's (NOT the rotary) and maybe my SL3, and keep just the SL4 and the 68 with an Empath Rotary, until they finally come out with the 63.
Detroitbootybass 6:20 PM - 15 November, 2012
I was sad to hear that the Empath was discontinued... especially the rotary Empath!

RIP
DJ Remy USA 1:41 AM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
That's awesome, it's stuff like this that reminds me why I've only used Rane mixers for the past 14 years.

No doubt everytime I think I think of buying another brand mixer I never do. Rane Fanboy for live...lol