Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

BUFFER SIZE

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Toobs 5:44 PM - 10 June, 2012
When using Serato Video, i have issues with some of my video's as the wave form cuts off, video image and sound cut off as well. Now this is not for all my videos, just a few that i have notice. I am not sure if this has to do with the USB buffer size and Serato Video BUFFERSIZE. But, if it is, Can you please recommend the correct settings for both buffers?
Here are my specs to my computer:
Macbook Pro 13-inch
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
popnwave 6:00 PM - 10 June, 2012
Are those videos the same resolution as the others or are the just like the rest of your videos?
Dj Toobs 10:00 PM - 10 June, 2012
i don't know what the resolution is but here is the videos info:
Lenth: 4:15
Size: 116.5MB
Bitrate: 320 kbps
Dimension: 720 x 416
popnwave 10:53 PM - 10 June, 2012
Hmm that's not bad at all.. 720x416 shouldn't tax or have any more issues. Might be a keyframes quirk. I'll see what one of the Serato people chime in with.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 12:24 AM - 11 June, 2012
Hi Dj Toobs,

It may be a keyframe issue as popnwave has mentioned. It could also be bad/corrupt files or format.

Just to clarify these video files were encoded with Handbrake and the Video-SL Preset ?

Can you attach a couple of the files that are having this problem to the thread so I can check them here ?
5:34 PM, 11 Jun 2012
Dj Toobs attached a file: shuti t down.mp4
Download· Permalink
Dj Toobs 5:38 PM - 11 June, 2012
Attached is the file that i remember it of the top of my head. I will look through my history to remember the other ones and attach them soon.
What is a "keyframe" and how can i fix this? I don't think it is a corrupted file as this video in particular use to play good in SL Video without any issues.
Please keep me posted.
Thanks.
Dj Toobs 8:25 PM - 11 June, 2012
One other thing i forgot to mention is that i used my Rane SL 1. There is no drop down anymore for the sl1 so i had to point this out.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 3:10 AM - 13 June, 2012
Hi Dj Toobs,

That file that you uploaded seems fine.

Sorry I didn't give you these earlier but with that graphics card I would suggest these settings;

Setup>Plugins>Serato Video>Output

Quality Medium
Buffer 500MB

V-Sync ON and Frame Blend OFF

Quote:
One other thing i forgot to mention is that i used my Rane SL 1. There is no drop down anymore for the sl1 so i had to point this out.

Could you clarify which drop down you are referring to ?
Dj Toobs 4:32 AM - 13 June, 2012
Ill go ahead and set your recommended settings and hope it helps me out with my little issue. Thank you.

When starting a new help thread, there are a few drop downs selections and under "Hardware", there is drop downs for: sl2 sl3 ttm57 etc... but there is no SL1 anymore. As you can see on top of this thread under hardware i have selected SL2, although i don't use the 2 as i own and use SL1.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:32 AM - 14 June, 2012
Hi Dj Toobs,

Cool, let me know how it goes.

Quote:
but there is no SL1 anymore

I have notified the web team and they will be sorting this out asap. Thanks for the heads up.
6:27 PM, 24 Jun 2012
Dj Toobs attached a file: shots LMFAO-Niros Dirty.m4v
Download· Permalink
Dj Toobs 6:28 PM - 24 June, 2012
Last night at a Wedding gig everything was okay right until the second to the last song of the night. Serato Scratch live froze up again. The spinning rainbow circle stood on the screen and wasn't able to do anything but force quit.
I really do not know what else to do? Please help.
attached is the video the was playing when it froze.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 11:08 PM - 3 July, 2012
Hi Dj Toobs,

I checked that file and it seems OK, it is stuttering slightly and the quality isn't great. I would suggest changing the file extension manually to .mp4 and this may result in better playback.

Can you remember the other track that was loaded at the time ?

Quote:
Last night at a Wedding gig everything was okay right until the second to the last song of the night.

Is there any chance that your laptop overheated ? How long were you playing for before the Hang ?
Dj Toobs 2:27 AM - 6 July, 2012
Is there any chance that your laptop overheated ? How long were you playing for before the Hang ?

I started a new thread regarding the issue of the beach ball freezing up Scratch Live after 5 hours of play. I purchase this new macbook pro about 6 weeks ago and every weekend i have the same issue of it freezing up at almost the same time, which is 5 hours after i start SL.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 2:20 AM - 11 July, 2012
Hi Dj Toobs,

Ok, I think another support member has taken on your new thread regarding this.

I suggest that you download iStat Nano and monitor your temperature as you get towards the end of the night.

www.islayer.com

Do you play a certain playlist at the end of your night ? Certain songs ?
3:00 AM, 25 Jul 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.