DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

mod your gear.

the_black_one 5:16 PM - 9 June, 2012
I know that i have done a few mods on my gear but that was early 90's and God only knows where that stuff is now. It would be nice to see some mods that people have done all in one discussion.
The mod im going to start on is putting kill switches on a friends pioneer mixer. I should have all the stuff in by nest week and will post pics but in if you have some pics of your mod feel free to post, maybe other members can get inspired by your work.
HYDRO MATIC 3:14 PM - 13 June, 2012
Tracking...
DJ NewYork 3:43 PM - 13 June, 2012
Gotta track this too
Nicky Blunt 8:07 PM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
Tracking...
Steve E Wunda 10:48 PM - 13 June, 2012
Technics 1200 MK2 with a few minor modifications. More like a rebuild/revamp than a mod. New lights: blue for strobe, yellow for pitch, pop up is white, 33/45 one is blue and the other yellow. New pitch control - zero click mod. Fresh paint. New tonearm. New RCAs w/ internal grounding.

i98.photobucket.com

Just got another old pair that are totally wrecked. I'm going to redo them also. Not too sure what color scheme I want to go with yet.
Sunny Up 10:55 PM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
Technics 1200 MK2 with a few minor modifications. More like a rebuild/revamp than a mod. New lights: blue for strobe, yellow for pitch, pop up is white, 33/45 one is blue and the other yellow. New pitch control - zero click mod. Fresh paint. New tonearm. New RCAs w/ internal grounding.

i98.photobucket.com

Just got another old pair that are totally wrecked. I'm going to redo them also. Not too sure what color scheme I want to go with yet.

Sick, totally jealous
the_black_one 9:22 PM - 1 October, 2013
I just finished doing the first mod to the DJ m800 i picked up .... i wanted versatility so i decided to have two channels with faders and tho other two with rotary knobs... so if playing house i got the knobs and if playing open format or hip hop i got the faders all in one mixer.....

check it out s638.photobucket.com

NM NH
jprime 9:32 PM - 1 October, 2013
Circuit bent TR-707

www.viperfunk.com
Anu 9:48 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
I just finished doing the first mod to the DJ m800 i picked up .... i wanted versatility so i decided to have two channels with faders and tho other two with rotary knobs... so if playing house i got the knobs and if playing open format or hip hop i got the faders all in one mixer.....

NM NH

I like that.....I always wanted something like this but with the rotary's on 2 out side channels and faders on 2 middle ones.....
the_black_one 9:53 PM - 1 October, 2013
I can do that ... The way I cut the plates you can arrange the knobs or faders on whatever channel you like...

NM NH
the_black_one 1:58 AM - 2 October, 2013
next ..... innofader (i guess is a mod). The main one is the kill switches installed in the 800... looking around for some of the parts needed ... will post pics as soon as im done with that project

NM NH
DJMark 2:02 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

NM NH

That's a pretty damned cool idea....
the_black_one 2:06 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

NM NH

That's a pretty damned cool idea....

thanx mark ..... been putting this off and decided to get on it (NO MISQUOTE)
like i said ... next thing is innofader PNP and add kill switches .... maybe internal SL 4 have not decided ....

NM NH
Esco... 7:21 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

NM NH

Are rotary nobs that more precise with volume control?
the_black_one 1:15 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

NM NH

Are rotary nobs that more precise with volume control?

Yes!!!!

Nm nh
ral 3:53 PM - 2 October, 2013
we're still waiting for akiem to mod the 57 with sl2
deezlee 4:02 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
we're still waiting for akiem to mod the 57 with sl2

yup
AKIEM 6:05 PM - 2 October, 2013
Yeah.
the_black_one 6:07 PM - 2 October, 2013
It would have to a sl3 so u could record with it...

NM NH
deezlee 7:45 PM - 2 October, 2013
yup.
even if the serato controls didn't work, as long as the internal effects worked and the sl3 was inside it would be dope. (i'm assuming that the echo is an internal effect? i don't have a 57).
'course if everything worked it'd be even better.
AKIEM 6:16 PM - 3 October, 2013
Effects would have to come from computer (57s internal effects arnt the greatest)

But without the "midi" controls on the 57, what's the point?

Might as well put an SL3 in a 56................
the_black_one 6:17 PM - 3 October, 2013
Agree...

NM MH
deezlee 8:47 PM - 3 October, 2013
i don't have a 57 so i don't know about the effects exactly, the only ones that i would use are tap tempo delay and maybe reverb if it is available. is the tap tempo deley internal or is it in ssl?
AKIEM 10:18 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
i don't have a 57 so i don't know about the effects exactly, the only ones that i would use are tap tempo delay and maybe reverb if it is available. is the tap tempo deley internal or is it in ssl?

57 has internal effect, which can be controlled from SSL, so the BPM can be read for the delay. That's really the only effect I use.
Taipanic 10:21 PM - 3 October, 2013
Tracking...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:08 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:

Might as well put an SL3 in a 56................

I thought their idea was to have better SOUND while having the convenience of joysticks on the mixer....

No "Joy" on the 56/56s.
anthracite98 2:57 AM - 12 October, 2013
I'm surprised no one has put an SL3 in an Empath yet. There was a lot of talk about it years ago.
the_black_one 3:31 AM - 12 October, 2013
Quote:
I'm surprised no one has put an SL3 in an Empath yet. There was a lot of talk about it years ago.

if i can get a hold of one....

NM NH