DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato with Windows Vista - Performance

DJ Nelsinho 5:24 PM - 23 January, 2008
I use laptop HP Pavilion Dv6650BR (AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core TL-58 / 2mb RAM), that came with the Windows Vista installed.

I made downgrade for Windows XP, and I do not obtain to find several drivers, as of sound, video, net (not available in the site of the HP).

> > > Somebody uses the Serato Scratch Live together with the Windows Vista?
The performance is acceptable? < < <
DPR250R 6:04 PM - 23 January, 2008
I just did an upgrade from Vista to XP (yes I said upgrade) for a co-worker.

It was a Gateway that was not XP supported.

Are you sure you can't find drivers.... dig deep... a couple tips...

join Driver Agent...

visit www.notebookforums.com...

check "Windows Update" and look under hardware driver install recommendations....

uninstall all hardware not functioning properly and let Windows install it...

As far as Vista... some people have had luck with it. Hopefully they will chime in.
DJ Nelsinho 6:38 PM - 23 January, 2008
Thanks for the tip. I've already tried theses websites and even though their detection worked fine, I wasn't able to collect the drivers from the manufectures' sites. They only supply vista based drivers for Video, Network and also Audio.

This is also a request for someone else in this forum to report a successfull case of the combination of Vista and Serato. I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Logisticalstyles 8:59 PM - 23 January, 2008
Hey, I have a Toshiba Satellite A135. It came with Vista Home Premium. I am using 1.7.4 and I have not had any problems yet. I spin every weekend from 9-3 at a bar with no problems at all.
FlexyD 9:03 PM - 23 January, 2008
I use serato with vista and it works fine, The only huge difference is that you can't set the usb buffer lower than 3 or 4 even with anti-virus,wireless, and everything else disabled.
Fonzietron 9:55 PM - 23 January, 2008
Quote:
I use serato with vista and it works fine, The only huge difference is that you can't set the usb buffer lower than 3 or 4 even with anti-virus,wireless, and everything else disabled.

Ditto. Vista should not be a problem on any laptop that exceeds the minimum specs.
Dj Nyce 5:53 AM - 24 January, 2008
i have a tecra m5 intel centrino duo 2.00 Ghz with 2.00 GB ram. ssl works flawlessly, and this is a default vista enterprise. i'm using aero, the sidebar, wifi on, etc.

i do not recommend bitlocker though. it will definitely slow down a laptop meant for public performances.

flexyd, i have set the usb buffer at 1 in the past with no artifacts at all. and this is with everything on. i currently use 3.
Damac 1:11 PM - 24 January, 2008
i use windows vista home premium and i havent had any problems with it at all. its a gateway mt6821 centrino duo 2gig ram 160 gig hd.

I did tweak it for best performance though.
boabmatic 2:17 PM - 24 January, 2008
you should be able to get the drivers for xp........

check this post....its for a different HP model but it may point you in the right direction...

forums11.itrc.hp.com
DPR250R 3:04 PM - 24 January, 2008
Quote:
you should be able to get the drivers for xp........

check this post....its for a different HP model but it may point you in the right direction...

forums11.itrc.hp.com

Linky no worky?
DPR250R 3:05 PM - 24 January, 2008
Thats wierd.. it works in my quote but not the original post... for me anyways...
DPR250R 3:05 PM - 24 January, 2008
weird*
boabmatic 4:58 PM - 24 January, 2008
looks like the server was down for a bit,

as it didn't work for me a few mins ago but now its working again....
CMOS 7:39 PM - 24 January, 2008
Go to the HP site, download the drivers for the 6000 not the 6650. With HP you can always use the base system (in your case the 6000 series) drivers to install and they usually have them for xp and vista.
Logisticalstyles 1:51 AM - 25 January, 2008
How many of you are using 1.8?
Fonzietron 3:17 AM - 25 January, 2008
I am
Damac 5:08 AM - 25 January, 2008
me 2
Dj Nyce 5:44 PM - 25 January, 2008
wow, i just found a major bug with ssl 1.8 and vista. i have a tecra m5 with 3 usb ports. one on the left and two on the right. if i plug ssl into the right front or right rear usb port and i'm on battery and set the usb buffer to 1, i get usb dropouts and the battery is instantly drained.

setting the buffer to 2 or 3 and the problem goes away. on the left usb port i can set the usb buffer to 1 and be on battery problem with no issues.

don't worry, i'll post this in the 1.8 section.
DJ'Que 11:13 PM - 25 January, 2008
im running vista home also with 1.8 and no issues,I have a hp dv6605 and tweaked it,im running AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core TL-58 / 4gb memory.160hd.
DJ B!ON!K 2:30 AM - 15 December, 2008
searto needs to get off their ass and fix this!!!
DJMark 7:24 AM - 15 December, 2008
Quote:
searto needs to get off their ass and fix this!!!

Fix *what*, exactly?