DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Your 'fuck off and get out it's 3 AM' song ?

DJ NightLife 3:25 PM - 20 January, 2008
I found mine and it's working damn well!

Afroman - Because I Got High LOL!
Bigfourty4 3:37 PM - 20 January, 2008
i do a search on "SEX"....and typically play "I wanna sex you up"...slows down the crowd...and gets people to think about other things
Hawk 3:47 PM - 20 January, 2008
Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight. People like it, yet they like to get the fuck out when I put it on. Works well.
agelo538 5:38 PM - 20 January, 2008
Wow, this just makes me feel good. I'm not alone. My least favorite time of the night. People don't get that your winding down. The same people that would love you at 1 am are all pissed that you won't play soulja boy for them. I actullay had a girl come to me last night and scream you suck. They just don't get the party is over.
matt212 5:43 PM - 20 January, 2008
Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You.
Crickett 9:35 PM - 20 January, 2008
J. Holliday..Bed
R.Kelly...I'm a flirt

Gets everybody grinding for a bit...

And the ladies love it.. ;-)
dj_KaSE 10:12 PM - 20 January, 2008
I think it's funny when I put something with a really slow tempo only to see the majority of peeps walk out of the club and see a handful of people insisting on staying on the dance floor trying to figure out how to dance to that shit.
dj luis 10:13 PM - 20 January, 2008
i play something i didn't play for the night like 'the way i are' or something like that...

i don't give a shite about what the closing time... if they scream "one more tune!" i'm the first to go on the radio and say "big guys can you please keep your eyes open - i'm playing a tiny bit more" - then i press play - then manager calls the dj box and say "what the hell are you doing?" then i go "they want one more - look at the screens!" then he goes "they will enjoy if you play until fucking 4a.m. now cut the crap and stop the music" then i go "ok" - i kinda finish playing the song - everybody want some more of it but i still walk away like the play who played a bit more..

.. manager sometimes bothers coming down to give out but he knows i'm there to play and rock the crow - i do my best not to fuck up during all night...

.. i remember playing in portugal from 11 to 6a.m. (night there is sooooo long) - and people complain about 3am ?

: )
DJ Kim Jong Il 10:30 PM - 20 January, 2008
slum village- climax. All the whack club goers usually leave, and youre able to satisfy (no homo), the real music lovers.
JISANANIMAL 10:37 PM - 20 January, 2008
christopher cross-sailing
sixxx 11:37 PM - 20 January, 2008
Turn of the music off, get on the mic and tell them to get the fuck out. :) That works for me.
VJ Justin Allen 11:37 PM - 20 January, 2008
Well we close at 1:30, so if I'm playing a 3:00am go home song it's to the girl that came home with me lol (and 3:00am would be WAY to early for that) :)
stevie o 3:35 AM - 21 January, 2008
My signature closing song I'd feeling it by jay-z. It has nothin to do with last song or goin home but it has a nice feel to it. I have been playin that song so long everyone knows when I play it its time to go home. I don't even have to grab the mic.
djmoneyd425 4:23 AM - 21 January, 2008
I generally prefer "The Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block or "Mmm Bop" by Hansen. People are so horrified that they leave immediately.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

"Do What the Fuck You Wanna Do" by Devin the Dude seems to work well...tho
djchope 4:56 AM - 21 January, 2008
Kids bop vol.2
The Infamous OJ 5:05 AM - 21 January, 2008
2 Live Crew - Get the Fuck out of My House
frost-9 5:33 AM - 21 January, 2008
I don't know why I always get a torrent of requests at 3:55 AM... as if the song they wanted to hear all night finally came to them..
Logisticalstyles 2:16 PM - 21 January, 2008
I used to play the John Cena song. "You Can't See Me! The Time Is Now"

Now I usually play some house, and that does the job. No offense to house DJs, I just play for a different crowd.
JayB1200 2:37 PM - 21 January, 2008
Ludacris-Rollout
DJ Cykophuk 3:12 PM - 21 January, 2008
Bad Dog by Wesley Willis
djlenza 5:12 PM - 21 January, 2008
Garth Brooks - Friends in low places

* the club i work for is named The Oasis, so it works out pretty well
dj_KaSE 6:46 PM - 21 January, 2008
Good times with these "get the fuck out songs." I think it's bad business, though, when I see a bouncer literally telling people, "It's 2 AM, you're on my time now, so get the fuck out" and with a mad look on his face. Some bouncers swear they're the shit.
DJryantheHUGE 7:34 PM - 21 January, 2008
I play "happy trails" everybody laughs....on their way out the doh/
Bigfourty4 7:42 PM - 21 January, 2008
At the place i dj...i bring all my own gear (turntables, mixer, speaker, lights, cables......everything) I dont car how late i play til...i just wna to be able to take it all down without having a bunch of people in my way.

^^^^setting it up with people in the way is already a pain in the ass.

the whole reason why my place wants to get people out as fast as possible is so they can start to clean up, consolidate liquor, and count the cash

overall...they ask me to make the announcement for last call about 15 minutes before closing time.....and to start to lower the volume on the my master out...all of this coupled with slower, more relaxed music actually starts to make people get their belongings (and soulmates) together.
DJ Michael Basic 7:54 PM - 21 January, 2008
My usual closing time set is Candyman - Knockin Boots to Color Me Bad - Sex You up to Next Too close to Akon and Snoop I wanna Fuck you to a mashup of I wanna Fuck you vs. temptations My Girl. When my regular club goers here this little set they know its winding down time...it's upbeat enough where people can still dance to it, yet by the end of it they all just wanna go home and fuck...the My Girl at the end they all sing along too so they walk out of the club with the last tune I played on their tongues. Also, I can either quickmix it or let it play out longer so that I can control when the night ends if the manager wants to cut it short or go a little longer.
FunkyRob 8:24 PM - 21 January, 2008
Quote:
2 Live Crew - Get the Fuck out of My House

I'm gonna try that at my next wedding gig. LOL
djmarvel 8:26 PM - 21 January, 2008
chocolate rain!
Bigfourty4 8:29 PM - 21 January, 2008
some dude asked me to put on a breakbeat he could dance to after i disconnect my speakers.....i told him id lose my job and he looked at me all pissed and drunk....i thought it was funny
bourbonstmc 9:03 PM - 21 January, 2008
Old school 80's:

"How Soon Is Now" -The Smiths

R & B:

"Ignition Remix" -R. Kelly
"Killing Me Softly"- The Fugees

Irish:

"Time To Go"- Black 47
"Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced"-Dropkick Murphys

Mod. Rock:

"Drive"-Incubus
"It's Been Awhile"-Staind

Reggae:

"Road To Zion"-Damien Marley
"King Without A Crown (live)"-Matisyahu
"Come Around"-Collie Buddz

The possibilities are endless. Be creative.
As-One 9:07 PM - 21 January, 2008
"Closing Time" Semisonic (my bmore version)
dj_elite 9:14 PM - 21 January, 2008
depends on the crowd... often its a slow grind... next- too close, bed or suffocate by j. holiday, etc.

for frat/sorority parties i usually put on 'livin on a prayer' or 'brown eyed girl'- let em sing along, then kick em out.

all bars here close at 2, so usually at 1:45, and 1:55 i announce last call, then i make my close out announcement before my last song- something like- one last song, thanks for coming out, drive home safely, etc.
Bigfourty4 9:17 PM - 21 January, 2008
can't forget the whole----if your drinking dont drive...and if your driving dont drink
bourbonstmc 9:26 PM - 21 January, 2008
If you're drinking and driving, TAKE A CAR!!! That's why bridges have guardrails...
XSV 9:40 PM - 21 January, 2008
That's why you don't drink and drive.....you sip and roll :)
deejay barber 9:50 PM - 21 January, 2008
for my last song, I always play The Notorious B.I.G.'s Juicy, and I make the announcment that this is my last song because I can't play a better song than this.
stevie o 10:28 PM - 21 January, 2008
smoothe^
G-L0GIX 10:34 PM - 21 January, 2008
"Roll out, Roll out"... nothin Ludacris cant take care of
DJ NightLife 10:40 PM - 21 January, 2008
Quote:
Good times with these "get the fuck out songs." I think it's bad business, though, when I see a bouncer literally telling people, "It's 2 AM, you're on my time now, so get the fuck out" and with a mad look on his face. Some bouncers swear they're the shit.

Well when it's late, people are completely drunk and the almost only way to be 'polite' and clear with a drunk person (a drunk person can't think too much) is to tell him to get out now and don't be stupid... he had good time, great now go out we need to close and I'm also bringing a lot of my own gear so I have to unhook it all.

Also, by experience, in a club, I've noticed that people OFTEN do not give a fuck about slows... they just want to dance more because they are either drunk or high.
DjWoody 10:41 PM - 21 January, 2008
Eazy E - I'd Rather fuck You! hehehe
djmoneyd425 11:27 PM - 21 January, 2008
Yeah It's pretty rare that I'll actually drop a slow joint. Maybe if the tip is right or the free drink is stiff enough.
djmoneyd425 11:27 PM - 21 January, 2008
or if the boobies are out and ready to play...
djmoneyd425 11:28 PM - 21 January, 2008
still pretty rare tho.
Kam456 4:47 AM - 22 January, 2008
"Hit The Road Jack"

i also get a SHITLOAD of requests the last 15 minutes of a clubnight. I dont get it. I always tell them to let me know sooner cuz its TOO late for a request. Funny thing is they actually think the dj will play a song right after they ask for it. Stupid people.
Big Phyll 8:04 PM - 22 January, 2008
I play "One Love" by Bob Marley. It puts everyone in a good mood.
famethrowa 8:26 PM - 22 January, 2008
I always used to close with Sonic Youth's "Diamond Sea"....it starts off all nice and pretty and "good night-y", the intro will blend into almost anything, it leaves you plenty of time to start packing up and for the bar to settle up, then turns into 20 minutes of horrid waves of feedback that chase everyone out.

Now I'm cruel. On a Friday I just build to that peak, and time it perfectly so at 3am the lights go up, the music stops, and everyone's left panting and wanting more, more, MORE.

I think my crowning achievement with that method was MIA's "XR2" into "B.O.O.T.A.Y." into the Ying Yang Twins cover of "Peanut Butter Jelly Time." The national DJ in the other that night was apparently particularly boring, and this just blew the roof off the place. There was more cheering in there for "one more song" than the World Series.

"Nope sorry guys...just make sure you come out next week!..."
FU_PAY_ME 9:06 PM - 22 January, 2008
busta rhymes - get out
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 9:54 PM - 22 January, 2008
Donna Sommers - Lust Dance
famethrowa 9:59 PM - 22 January, 2008
I can't believe I didn't think of Big Boi - Last Call.

Duh.
djskiggz 3:21 AM - 23 January, 2008
Ray Charles - hit the road jack
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:44 AM - 23 January, 2008
Quote:
Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You.

+ 1

Great song.....

I use that one myself sometimes.

Announce fellla's if you "ain't got it by now, listen to the words of the legendary Lenny Williams and beg for it". Time to rise up."
boabmatic 11:54 AM - 23 January, 2008
used K-OS - Sunday morning for the last track on my saturday gig

just dropped in the chorus before the lights go up :)

Chorus is .....
Everyday is Saturday night, but I can't wait for Sunday morning, Sunday morning
djdonnydee 7:04 PM - 23 January, 2008
i play Rob and Big = dirty girl. lol. their like WTF? and they start leavin but u always have some sayin can play something different and i tell when u heard a strange song with the lights on u know what time it is.
DJ MAD MEL 7:41 PM - 23 January, 2008
Depends on the night my favorite one to play is Happy Trails. IT works gets people out and sends them a nice message. It all depends on my mood...
Mr. Goodkat 8:12 PM - 23 January, 2008
santo and johnny 'sleepwalker'
Beatmaster JT 8:42 PM - 23 January, 2008
We close at 2am, and I like to slow it down at about 1:45.

I start with something smooth, like R. Kelly - Step In The Name Of Love, then by the end I'm playin somethin really slow like J. Holiday.

That way I can get that slow mood goin for a few more minutes, instead of just one slow song. Then after they have heard 4 or 5 slow tracks, they are ready to go...

I keep a bunch of slow jams in my iPod Nano...I play the music off that so I can tear down my tables and get out quicker!!
BobVersion1 8:54 PM - 23 January, 2008
I usually say it's time for the last song, play a slow song, then I say my goodnights and play closing time while I'm cleaning up. I think it kind of makes them feel like there getting an extra song.
DJLRock 9:02 PM - 23 January, 2008
I play a clip that goes like this "I'm casey kasem. Thank you for coming by this evening. Keep your feet on the ground and your dick in your pants. Now kindly get the fuck out. And oh yeah! Please drive home safely" And sometimes I'll loop and scratch the "dick in your pants" and "Get the fuck out parts" for fun.
HerbieWest 10:08 PM - 23 January, 2008
daft punk - revolution 909

when it comes to the part where the police sirens start and it says "stop the music and go home, i repeat, stop the music and go home", well, i just turn off the music (and go home)
Swizzle 10:14 PM - 23 January, 2008
Dr. Evil Vs Will Smith - Just the Two of Us
DJ Overpour 10:29 PM - 23 January, 2008
Quote:
Dr. Evil Vs Will Smith - Just the Two of Us

HAHA Im glad Im not the only one that plays that shit LOL.

NWA - Automobile is my end of night cut
bassµnkie 4:30 AM - 24 January, 2008
Amything from happy hardcore foundation.
Interstate- I died in aberdeen. DO NOT PLAY IF THERE ARE PEOPLE ON COKE.
Teargas and plateglass- plague burial. If and only if you want to make everyone leave in a bad/bummed out mood.
or, my favorite: just loop the break/build from 54 cymru beats by aphex twin. people will either leave or seizure.
bassµnkie 4:35 AM - 24 January, 2008
Quote:
"Closing Time" Semisonic (my bmore version)

I NEED TO HEAR THAT!!! bmore shit is NUUUUTTTS! I just got todos antos. that shit is off the hook. be my friend :)
bourbonstmc 4:54 AM - 24 January, 2008
Quote:
Interstate- I died in aberdeen. DO NOT PLAY IF THERE ARE PEOPLE ON COKE.

What happens if you do?
mosesd 7:50 AM - 24 January, 2008
last call-kanye west
bassµnkie 8:06 AM - 24 January, 2008
People will not only not, not leave...they'll hug the speakers. not really. just a guess, i've never played that shit in public.
DJ NightLife 4:57 AM - 25 January, 2008
Quote:
daft punk - revolution 909

when it comes to the part where the police sirens start and it says "stop the music and go home, i repeat, stop the music and go home", well, i just turn off the music (and go home)

Original! But the sample is not enough loud for me and the crowd noise in the song makes it even less earable.
lbgie 3:25 PM - 25 January, 2008
big al carson//take your drunk ass home//gets the point across
DJ Fuzzy Duck 7:26 PM - 25 January, 2008
Marvin Gaye - "Let's Get It On"
or
Trolle Siebenhaar - "Sweet Dogs"
or
LCD Soundsystem - "New York, I Love You"
DJ-A 7:37 PM - 25 January, 2008
closing time by semisonic... then i play NSYNC Bye Bye Bye. if they are still there i have a cue point set on a vanessa carlton song where is says "Goodbye To You" then i hit stop
freshtodeath 7:54 PM - 25 January, 2008
New York New York

Sinatra
Beta 8:00 PM - 25 January, 2008
I play somthin super slow and see who bounces off the dancefloor and who stays! Like "Careless Whisper"-George Michael or Musiq Soulchild-"Teach Me" or Some old school Jodeci.
DJ Sparky Killabrew 10:10 PM - 25 January, 2008
My favorite for Sunday Morning when it is raining is the Maroon 5 joint, Sunday Morning.
DJ'Que 10:35 PM - 25 January, 2008
I dont play a 3am song unless im driveing home I get on the mic and say last song so get your parking lot pimps can get busy.then I echo out soulja boy youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu then play guy the party is over.but now I got a new one from missy party over here intro.
As-One 1:31 AM - 27 January, 2008
...per request on this thread and through PM, here's a low bit rate file of that Semisonic/ Closing Time Bmore Remix:
www.zshare.net

This is the chopped, cut up or glitch version (whatever you wanna call it). I prefer this one over the non chopped version just cuz its more unique (2nd verse is my fave part).

Either way, if you'd like, I can send you a 320kbps file of either version, just lemme know.!
gdubbz 1:40 PM - 28 January, 2008
red peters..... closing song works great.. people usually sing along for a lil then get the point..
DJ-A 5:57 PM - 28 January, 2008
Quote:
...per request on this thread and through PM, here's a low bit rate file of that Semisonic/ Closing Time Bmore Remix:
www.zshare.net

This is the chopped, cut up or glitch version (whatever you wanna call it). I prefer this one over the non chopped version just cuz its more unique (2nd verse is my fave part).

Either way, if you'd like, I can send you a 320kbps file of either version, just lemme know.!

I like it!!
As-One 8:19 PM - 28 January, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
www.zshare.net

I like it!!

Sweetness, remember though, this link is the low bitrate version, PM me for the 320 link!