Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Auto-Sync on VCI380

Raef 2:01 AM - 4 June, 2012
Hi crew,

I'm currently a VCI300MKII owner and am contemplating about upgrading to the VCI380.

I have several concerns about upgrading but one of them is does the VCI380 have an auto-sync mode/option/button similar to the VCI300MKII.

For example, on the VCI300MKII once I load a track to right deck, it's automatically synced to left deck (which would be playing), on the VCI380, do I need to load the track to the right deck then hit the 'Sync' button before hitting play?

I'm presuming an option to keep auto-sync on would be to keep ITCH in smart-sync mode but I was more so wondering if there is a hardware option to keeping the auto-sync on.

Thanks for reading and replying.
DJ Raef
www.djraef.com.au
phatbob 2:19 AM - 4 June, 2012
Sync behaviour is the same on all controllers, it's software dependent. Anything running 2.1 or later works the same way, including the 380.
Raef 2:25 AM - 4 June, 2012
I'm more curious to the fact whether or not i'll have to continuely hit sync after loading each track before hitting play to making sure all tracks are synced.

If so, does the sync button help with purely just trying to align tracks whilst in smart sync play if you start double beating?
phatbob 2:34 AM - 4 June, 2012
It works exactly the same way as the 300. As I said, the way it functions is software, not hardware dependent.
Raef 2:57 AM - 4 June, 2012
Understandably it's going to be software based, but what purpose is the Sync button then? To active Smart/Simple Sync mode? does shift+sync beat match the tracks?
phatbob 8:44 AM - 4 June, 2012
I must be misunderstanding you here, because I've said this twice now and I don't know what else you could mean.

The 300 and the 380 both have sync buttons for each deck.

Those buttons function EXACTLY the same on both controllers.

They are just in a different location on the fascia, and the ones on the 380 don't say 'auto tempo'. But they are the same button.
Raef 9:52 AM - 4 June, 2012
I'll try explain it another way to make myself clear.

When I mix on the VCI300, I always make sure that the 'Auto Tempo' button is on thinking that this keeps Simple Sync/Smart Sync on, ensuring when a new track is loaded, the BPM is matched.

Therefore, my question is, because there isn't an 'auto tempo' button on the VCI380, will simple sync/smart sync mode be kept on when loading new tracks each time, or do I need to press the 'Sync' button to have the tempo matched on the new track?
phatbob 10:21 AM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:
Those buttons function EXACTLY the same on both controllers.

They are just in a different location on the fascia, and the ones on the 380 don't say 'auto tempo'. But they are the same button.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:59 PM - 4 June, 2012
LOL phatbob can you say it one more time please
Dj cuervo 8:11 PM - 4 June, 2012
same process on all controllers.
signs 10:52 AM - 5 June, 2012
Ah ok. The AutoTempo button is "old". This function isn't supported in Itch 2.x any more. You can only sync it here. I think this is the Problem.

Autotempo Button = Sync button.
Raef 2:40 PM - 5 June, 2012
Thank you for a constructive answer signs.
StevenWayne 11:44 PM - 5 June, 2012
since we're talking features on a vci300, maybe one of you might know this answer. on a vci300, when you load a track onto either side, left or right deck, the headphone automatically cues to the side you loaded the new track on. i thought this was a pretty cool feature. i currently use an ns6 and when i load a track to a side, i still have to manually push the button to select the side i want to cue.
does anyone know if the vci380 automatically selects the side you're cueing based on the side you load the track? yeah, i know its a minor feature, but i liked this alot.
phatbob 12:23 AM - 6 June, 2012
That auto switching of the cue doesn't happen on the 380.

I'm glad it doesn't though, unlike you, I hated it on my other controller (Twitch). ;-)
Maskrider 1:21 AM - 6 June, 2012
I'm more concerned about all the upgrades than a specific feature.
StevenWayne 4:26 AM - 6 June, 2012
Quote:
That auto switching of the cue doesn't happen on the 380.

I'm glad it doesn't though, unlike you, I hated it on my other controller (Twitch). ;-)

thanks for the confirmation. yeah, when i got my ns6, i was bummed that it didn't have it.