Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Glitches with new version of Itch

DeeWhy 2:05 AM - 2 June, 2012
I use a Pioneer DDJ-S1, and it came with Itch 2, and ran pretty much perfectly on my 4GB PC running Win7. Now I have downloaded version 2.2 and am suddenly having the odd glitch about 10 seconds into a new track. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?
phatbob 8:46 AM - 2 June, 2012
Buy a Mac.

Or: serato.com
Papa Midnight 1:59 PM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
Buy a Mac.

Or: serato.com

Or build a Hackintosh :P
twitter.com
Papa Midnight 2:00 PM - 2 June, 2012
Seriousy, though. Are you experiencing drop outs or static? Give us some more details of your problem. We'll do our best to help you, but I'm going to highly recommend actually opening up a support ticket as described above.
Papa Midnight 3:32 PM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Or build a Hackintosh :P

Yip that's what I have 17" Hp Pro book i7 2.2ghz quad core 8gb ram With a 128gb intel SSD HD Hackintoshed it with Leopard OSX saved me $3300 never have any Issues at all

img259.imageshack.us
I took that photo while DJing last night.
"Why can't we be friends?" LoL!
DeeWhy 4:14 AM - 3 June, 2012
It is a small but noticeable dropout, then it is fine... it happens whenever I mix in a second track, about 20 seconds in.

To Mac owners: I honestly have no idea why people call you smug...
DeeWhy 8:01 AM - 3 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
It is a small but noticeable dropout, then it is fine... it happens whenever I mix in a second track, about 20 seconds in.

To Mac owners: I honestly have no idea why people call you smug...

Hi DeeWhy Have you raised your USB buffer in the Itch settings to about 10 maybe and see if you still get dropouts?

Yes I have, and it still happened again last night. I used to have the latency on 2 or 5ms, and there were no problems at all. Another thing that has started to happen, but I don't know if it is related, is occasionally I am having issues with my soundcard- I think maybe I some kind of conflict with audio drivers?
phatbob 9:17 AM - 3 June, 2012
Quote:
We'll do our best to help you, but I'm going to highly recommend actually opening up a support ticket as described above.

What are the full specs of your computer?

Are your files on an internal or external drive?

What format are they?

Which version of Itch did you last reanalyse your files with?

Can you attach a DPC trace report?

Have you installed any recent updates to your OS or other hardware?

Do you have any other USB devices attached?

Have you gone through the optimisation steps in the FAQs?

----

These are all questions you should provide the answers to when you start your help ticket.

Because this thread is a waste of your time: serato.com
DeeWhy 11:03 AM - 3 June, 2012
Okay thanks, I'll try troubleshooting with the FAQ and see what happens. Thanks for your input!