Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

PLEASE HELP ASAP... DEAD VCI 300 MK 1, GIG THIS SATURDAY NIGHT

john Goldsmith 11:05 PM - 29 May, 2012
to make a long story short, while spinning a grad party on saturday night, my vci-300 had a large amount of beer spilled onto the left deck... i was so cautious about people being near the booth with beverages and this one moron tripped over a wire and essentially lunged beer toward the vci 300 (of course an accident)... I am freaking out as i just got asked to dj at a club in nyc this saturday night 4 days away...

the second the beer was spilled i flipped it over to drain any excess fluid out, then shut the device off and a friend took a blowdryer to it. didnt use the rest of the night and attempted to fire up the next day, left deck is shot... wait another 24 hours, nada from the left deck again...

I have heard many horror stories about people attempting to take their devices to be fixed, some with no solution... i have no clue what to do someone please give input!!!
spicaly 11:32 PM - 29 May, 2012
it probably wouldnt be worth the cost of repair.... id try to buy another one, and get that guy to help pay for it
phatbob 11:33 PM - 29 May, 2012
Really sorry to hear that. Sucks.

But chances of that being fixed by the weekend, wherever you are in the world? Zero.

Beg, borrow or buy another controller is your only option.

Of course, if it was me, the guy who spilt the beer would have his wallet open right about now...
m3xic4ndiy3i 1:47 AM - 30 May, 2012
mira, en servicio de telefonia celular , constantemente me llegan equipos mojados, necesitas 4 cosas para dar un servicio a tu VCI 300
1.-alcohol isopropilico
2.- WD-40
3.- tina de lavado ultrasonico
4.- aire comprimido

empapa la tarjeta electronica de la VCI 300 en abundante WD-40 de preferencia sin los potenciometros, pero si estan mojados con cerveza , que mas da....dejala reposar unos 30 minutos mientras suavemente cepillas con una brocha muy fina.
despues, sumerges la placa de la vci 300 en alcohol isopropilico dentro de la tina de lavado ultrasonico...hasta que salga la mayor parte de el WD-40......
tiras ese alcohol y repite el proceso con alcohol limpio....

con aire comprimido, secas la tarjeta de la VCI 300 y armas de nuevo

tienes algunas posibilidades de que vuelva a funcionar....saludos!

i hope can u understand this few steps...u need , patience and some ability to do this (estimated time: 2 hours).... maybe this can ruin your equipment , so, think about it , and decide for yourself !!

working at cell phone service, I constantly get wet equipments, you need 4 things to give a service to your VCI 300
1.- isopropyl alcohol
2. - WD-40
3. - Ultrasonic wash tub
4. - Compressed air

soak the electronic card of the VCI 300 in plenty of WD-40 preferably without potentiometers, but if you are wet with beer, who cares .... let it stand for 30 minutes while gently brushing with a fine brush.
later, immerse the plate vci 300 in isopropyl alcohol in ultrasonic washing tub ... until it comes out most of the WD-40 ......
strips that alcohol and repeat the process with clean alcohol ....

with compressed air, dry the card from the VCI 300 and you assemble it again

have some chance of it working again .... greetings
dj-in-cali 4:02 PM - 30 May, 2012
Man, what a bummer, I would be pissed! Like Spicaly said, it would probably not be worth the repair and even if you were to send it in, you will not get it back until weeks later. Your best bet is to ether buy a new one, or try getting one on Craig's list assuming your in the united states. I've seen a few go for pretty cheap. Another thing you could do if you're in the states, is buy one at Best Buy, and you have 14 days to return it without paying a restocking fee, but you didn't hear it from me lol.

On a second note, I hope you presented a contract before you did your gig. It's very important to include in writing any damage done to the equipment will be the responsibility of the person hiring. I had a similar situation were a fight broke out, and one of my intelligent lights got knocked over completely damaging it. This was a $1200 light by Martin, and the person who contracted me was liable, and did pay.

I feel your pain, but this is part of having a DJ business, and you should always have some kind of back up when things like this happen. Hopefully you're giging often, and could recover the lost if you didn't get compensated. Good luck!
DJdaveZ 4:53 PM - 3 June, 2012
in the future, pick up a couple rolls of gaffers tape... trips on wires could cost you more than a controller if someone gets seriously injured.
dj lashes 1:36 AM - 4 June, 2012
is the vci dead or just the left deck.
Maskrider 7:28 AM - 4 June, 2012
In the future tell those assholes with beer not to be close to the decks.
Dj cuervo 4:26 PM - 4 June, 2012
Is the left device struck on solid red? Try adjusting the sensitivity sensors. There is link on clean the jog wheels. Watchwww.youtube.com