DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Djing (or using Laptops) outside in the SUN

s3kn0tr0n1c 3:36 PM - 28 May, 2012
Anybody got any experience with using these -

www.ebay.co.uk

Its just took a cycle out yesterday (as its really nice weather) with my laptop and NI Maschine to knock up some beats in the nice countryside. However, I could barely make out the screen no matter what angle or direction I sat laptop. The best I could get was by casting a shadow over screen with my head..lol....and even then it was hard to see Machine software as its dark(like SL).

I was thinking about trying one of these anti-glare covers and would appreciate any tips for stopping the sun/glare.

Defo a nice thing to do tho, make beatz in the great outdoors.....
DJPrice_inMD 4:37 PM - 28 May, 2012
I personally use a tent whenever I am doing outdoor events because I worry about the damage the heat can do to my equipment. Haven't tried antiglare screens, but I always make sure my equipment from the speakers to the laptop are shaded at all times.
philldafunk 5:04 PM - 28 May, 2012
If you use a mac press ctrl,alt,command,8 and that will enable a anti glare mode.

it works wonders outdoors
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:05 PM - 28 May, 2012
If you are on a Mac - you can invert the screen to make it easier to read in sunlight.

Go to System Prefs>Universal Access (Under System far right)>Under displays use White on Black

Ctrl-Option-Cmd-8
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:28 AM - 29 May, 2012
Unfortunately im on pc. Although I remember using a program that did the same(inverted colours) a while back.

Maybe a combination of both anti-glare screen and inverted colours is the way to go.

Thx
Dj MacMillz 2:27 PM - 29 May, 2012
here you go

Watchwww.youtube.com
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:24 PM - 29 May, 2012
Thank you.

I'm using windows xp however i found this earlier -

www.wikihow.com

Will try when I get home but it worked with my works pc ;)
clickclickw00t 4:34 PM - 29 May, 2012
I used an older sony laptop (before I got my macbook pro) outside once and it was literally so hot that the keyboard stopped working.

after taking it apart when I got home, the silica gel in the keyboard was COMPLETELY melted all over.

be careful. use a tent or set up in shade. most of the time u can have the person hiring you provide a tent.