DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

deadmau5 vs pauly d

dj poisonous handz 2:36 AM - 28 May, 2012
{Micheal Buffer Voice} www.tmz.com
Djaward 3:07 AM - 28 May, 2012
Deadmau5 is giving him more publicity. Let Pauly D die on his own.
RogerRabbit 3:58 AM - 28 May, 2012
Lol - a dude who is always hating on Pauly D is making threads about him....

Quote:
Deadmau5 is giving him more publicity.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a fake beef... to generate buzz for each other....But whatever, they both got millions, I don't...
dj poisonous handz 4:29 AM - 28 May, 2012
and never will
RogerRabbit 4:50 AM - 28 May, 2012
My career outlook is bright regardless if I make it to millionaire status or just remain a thousand-aire....
DJMark 5:58 AM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a fake beef... to generate buzz for each other...

First thing that I figured on.

Especially because I can't remember any of Deadmau5's videos look like any more than $150 was spent on them. Mostly just self-promoting club footage (one of the suckiest things about "house" videos in general). I'd rather play computer-generated visuals to the audio than those kind of videos...if I was actually going to play the song at all :-).
Dj Kutt 925 10:19 AM - 28 May, 2012
Deadmau5 has contributed to my sets. Pauly D has not. The end
popnwave 5:25 PM - 28 May, 2012
One thing I take issue with.. TMZ calling Deadmau5 a "legend".. Yes I enjoy a lot of his music, but that's like sending a guy in baseball into the hall of fame after his 5 season. Gimme a break.
clickclickw00t 5:55 PM - 28 May, 2012
^ dude built a musical empire after finding a dead mouse in his computer.

that sir, is a legend.
The Real DJ Pauly D 9:56 PM - 28 May, 2012
This forums so negative, lets try to be positive :) www.tmz.com
dj poisonous handz 11:29 PM - 28 May, 2012
we are positive.that word RESPECT is so overrated anyway:)
Bigga Bounce Ent 11:51 PM - 28 May, 2012
Good to see he has such a high respect for the djs out there playin his music...
dj poisonous handz 12:03 AM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
Good to see he has such a high respect for the djs out there playin his music...

nah man. he respects them.all 5 of them
ekwipt 1:47 AM - 29 May, 2012
Well deadmau5 just slagged off all dis right there so I'd take offence to that first.

He says douche' things, he says what's on his mind, his mind obviously doesn't think that deep
Dj Corleone508 3:52 AM - 29 May, 2012
dead mau5 is a punk ass who is mad that someone else used a gimmick to get famous lets be real if it wasnt for that funky mau5 head he coined as his own no body would give a shit about his subpar music either.
Dj Corleone508 3:54 AM - 29 May, 2012
pauly d doesnt claim to be anything he isnt. ive known the guy for years hes a legit dude mad humble and whether or not he deserves his spot he made it and is living his dream. No one hates on Pauly D they just envy him.
Dj Kutt 925 7:03 AM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
pauly d doesnt claim to be anything he isnt. ive known the guy for years hes a legit dude mad humble and whether or not he deserves his spot he made it and is living his dream. No one hates on Pauly D they just envy him.

We all know that if it wasn't for Jersey shore he would NOT be where he is. But if I had the chance to have his gigs of course I would take em. The fact is that he sells and it makes him valuable to clubs. He has amazing marketing. I Think a lot of guys get irritated at the fact that there are a ton of more skilled Dj's out there that don't get the gigs. But that goes with any profession. Now Paris Hilton on the other hand....Barf
Quote:

We all know that if it wasn't for Jersey shore he would NOT be where he is. But if I had the chance to have his gigs of course I would take em. The fact is that he sells and it makes him valuable to clubs. He has amazing marketing. I Think a lot of guys get irritated at the fact that there are a ton of more skilled Dj's out there that don't get the gigs. But that goes with any profession. Now Paris Hilton on the other hand....Barf
Quote:

Dj-M.Bezzle 11:19 AM - 29 May, 2012
tell em again!
Chrisjin 12:15 PM - 29 May, 2012
I bet Pauly D would whoop Deadmau5's ass in a fight then he could jack his mouse head and use it as a trophy piece at all his future gigs
clickclickw00t 4:28 PM - 29 May, 2012
As a general rule of thumb:

I refuse to talk shit about any DJ that is more successful than I am.

Success can be measured many different ways, but you'll know it when you see it.
djdalite 5:27 PM - 29 May, 2012
i think you all missed the other point DM was making..."does a dj have any dj talent, does this song player have any more talent than this other song player"

basically since you dont produce your own music and just play others, what real talent do you possess

he just hated on a majority of djs subconsciously
phonze 5:48 PM - 29 May, 2012
I'm not sure the guy looks at djing highly at all. I think he said he didn't really consider himself a dj, which I agree with. But no need to put down others that don't produce and play your music along with others. If he doesn't see the skill in djing, I'm guessing he probably can't do much outside of playing EDM music through a controller and turning knobs.
Mr. Goodkat 6:33 PM - 29 May, 2012
dj'ing doesnt require much talent. i think he's right. there are handful of guys that either have really good timing in their mixing or dexterity with technical turntable skills that stand out. but really, thats the .01%. you probably arent in that .01%, im not.
phonze 7:03 PM - 29 May, 2012
Well, it used to require talent. You still need a certain knack for timing and what not, but technology sure has taken care of things. To be a good DJ that knows a ton of music and can mix different genres, I think that still requires quite a bit of talent and isn't as common as it should be since the new breed of dj's nowadays just play one style of music. I guess a top 40 club dj doesn't require much talent though that I can agree with.
Nicky Blunt 7:30 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:

Neither enter my sets, ever. The end
Mr. Goodkat 9:41 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
Well, it used to require talent. You still need a certain knack for timing and what not, but technology sure has taken care of things. To be a good DJ that knows a ton of music and can mix different genres, I think that still requires quite a bit of talent and isn't as common as it should be since the new breed of dj's nowadays just play one style of music. I guess a top 40 club dj doesn't require much talent though that I can agree with.

talent or knowledge, experience, and taste?

to me, the latter 3 and not the first one.
DJ SPAIR 1:33 AM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:
i think you all missed the other point DM was making..."does a dj have any dj talent, does this song player have any more talent than this other song player"

basically since you dont produce your own music and just play others, what real talent do you possess

He sucks! What about Bad Boy Bill, Wolfgang Gartner,DJ Premier,Kenny Dope?? Who are all dj/producers. The list goes on!. Plus the fact the it's the DJ's who play his music! I don't need to say anymore Deadmau5 is a fucking tool.
dj poisonous handz 2:43 AM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

He sucks! What about Bad Boy Bill, Wolfgang Gartner,DJ Premier,Kenny Dope?? Who are all dj/producers. The list goes on!. Plus the fact the it's the DJ's who play his music! I don't need to say anymore Deadmau5 is a fucking tool.

for mentioning kenny dope.you get props for life
Dj Kutt 925 9:48 AM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Neither enter my sets, ever. The end

I mix for 2 radio stations. One of which has had a couple Deadmau5 records in rotation.
O.B.1 12:15 PM - 30 May, 2012
^^^ you still use actual records in radio?!
Dj Kutt 925 10:52 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
^^^ you still use actual records in radio?!

LOL no I meant tracks...Not actual records
DJ Alkemy 11:59 AM - 2 June, 2012
Deadmau5 sucks balls. Squeeky, bleepy, corny BS music. Just my opinion.
Discobee 9:50 AM - 3 June, 2012
This whole forum is just full of "song players"...who are also song player haters.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Goodkat 5:01 PM - 3 June, 2012
silky!
dj poisonous handz 10:40 PM - 3 June, 2012
Quote:
Deadmau5 sucks balls. Squeeky, bleepy, corny BS music. Just my opinion.

lol bleepy