DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anyone got this sample ?

DJ NightLife 7:57 AM - 16 January, 2008
Hi!

I am looking for a often heard sample in DJ mixes... it goes like : "What we're gonna do now is go back.........way back!!" Anyone got it ?
DjRekTek 8:28 AM - 16 January, 2008
Grab it off of of Blackstreets "Before I let go" its at the begining of the track I think?
Discobee 9:33 AM - 16 January, 2008
Ahmad's Back In The Day has it, too.
DjRekTek 10:24 AM - 16 January, 2008
Quote:
Ahmad's Back In The Day has it, too.

Nice jam...
DjRekTek 10:24 AM - 16 January, 2008
Damn bee...ya makin' me take it back for real! Good Days!!!!!
Discobee 10:27 AM - 16 January, 2008
^^Awwww yeaaaaa! Early 90's! And that jam samples Teddy Pendergrass' Love TKO, another groovy jam.
DJ GaFFle 12:22 PM - 16 January, 2008
Quote:
Hi!

I am looking for a often heard sample in DJ mixes... it goes like : "What we're gonna do now is go back.........way back!!" Anyone got it ?

The original is from Jimmy Castor and the Funky Bunch. I've got the album. You can also get it on Waxxstax album where I believe it was Rufus Thomas (I can't remember the song name though).
DJ GaFFle 12:37 PM - 16 January, 2008
^^^Here's a link of the guy and him saying it: www.soul-patrol.com
Hawk 2:09 PM - 16 January, 2008
Yeah, that was originally frm the Jimmy Castor Bunch's LP "It's Just Begun" from 1972. I've got it on original vinyl - great stuff!
dj_soo 6:15 PM - 16 January, 2008
Quote:
Yeah, that was originally frm the Jimmy Castor Bunch's LP "It's Just Begun" from 1972. I've got it on original vinyl - great stuff!

Classic bboy anthem
djbriguy 7:43 PM - 16 January, 2008
Blackstreet "Don't Leave"

Its at the very begining of the track.
latindj 11:15 PM - 16 January, 2008
I believe it's on the cd that came with my old pio cdj 1000's...let me know if you still need it.
DJ Greg J 12:05 AM - 17 January, 2008
jimmy castor bunch - troglodyte
DjRekTek 5:11 AM - 17 January, 2008
Quote:
Blackstreet "Don't Leave"

Its at the very begining of the track.

Thats the one I meant....
DJ GaFFle 10:50 AM - 17 January, 2008
Here's the Rufus Thomas/Wattstax one I was speaking of (just a snippet): www.zshare.net
DJ GaFFle 10:52 AM - 17 January, 2008
^^^ Public Enemy used a ton of samples from this album ^^^
HittinSkinzTa2 11:39 AM - 17 January, 2008
Quote:
jimmy castor bunch - troglodyte

THAT is the actual name of the track.
Finally someone in this thread got it right.
Discobee 7:51 PM - 17 January, 2008
Nightlife just wanted the sample of the talking part, so we all got it right, hehe. But that Jimmy Castor Bunch CD is dope because "It's Just Begun" is on it. Jimmy Castor was doin' stuff that was way before his time!
FunkyRob 8:30 PM - 17 January, 2008
I thought the original sample was from cave man song of the 70's.
Swizzle 8:34 PM - 17 January, 2008
Also grab it from the beginning of Zhane - Hey Mr. DJ
HittinSkinzTa2 8:35 PM - 17 January, 2008
Quote:
Nightlife just wanted the sample of the talking part, so we all got it right, hehe. But that Jimmy Castor Bunch CD is dope because "It's Just Begun" is on it. Jimmy Castor was doin' stuff that was way before his time!

Yes, but the Original track that it was taken from is Troglodyte.

Quote:
I thought the original sample was from cave man song of the 70's.

The "caveman" song IS Troglodyte.
FunkyRob 9:02 PM - 17 January, 2008
Good info HittinSkinz, did it have some Tarzan yelling thing on it too? Or am I thinking of something else?

Anyhow, DJ Nightlife. I'm in a giving mood, here's some fun samples.

www.zshare.net
HittinSkinzTa2 11:52 PM - 17 January, 2008
No problem Rob. From what I remember, no. It didn't have a Tarzan yelling in it. I'd have to dig it out to be 100% sure.
kalibhakta 3:28 AM - 18 January, 2008
Troglodyte (Cave Man) 1972

The problem is that the "cave man" part is in parenthesis onthe track, hence the confusion. That is the original source.
Jwsav 1:40 AM - 6 October, 2017
Off topic here. Was wondering if any of you guys ever heard an awesome rap song probably early 90’s that sampled free’s allright now. It actually had the all right now from free vocal and all in the mix. It had a part that was something like “if your good to go then let me know. This floor could sure use a freak show” it used the guitar sample from free and just the vocal part all right now for the chorus I guess. If someone has any clue please help!

Thanks, J.