Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2Deck view for ITCH with the Numark NS6.

2.Um.@.X 9:58 PM - 24 May, 2012
Hello,

I am using Serato for 6 months now and I enjoyed a lot. My problem is that I am using a 2010 Macbook Pro 13" and the screen is so small for me to view the playlist I have made for the 4-channel view on Serato Itch (including the horizontal waveform view).

Is there a way we can make ITCH has a 2-deck view? Or maybe making the each deck a little bit smaller?

Thanks! :D
dj res-q 1:39 AM - 25 May, 2012
nope
signs 11:12 PM - 25 May, 2012
you can make the Waveform's a bit smaller when clicking on them while Holding down "shift"
2.Um.@.X 9:42 PM - 27 May, 2012
signs,

I have tried that already. SHIFT+CLICK on the Horizontal Center Wave View does not work. This only works on the Vertical Wave View.

:D
2.Um.@.X 6:57 PM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I have tried that already. SHIFT+CLICK on the Horizontal Center Wave View does not work. This only works on the Vertical Wave View.

Buy a 17' laptop at least you will have a bigger screen to work with

That is a great idea! Don't you think that I may have to sell my recent computer for a 17" laptop?

The other thing is, if only there is a small laptop with a higher resolution.

DJChad72 10:20 PM - 28 May, 2012
You may be able to buy an inexpensive Monitor - say 17" and use the MINI Display to DVI adapter and just mirror your 13" screen on there. That way you can set your MBP 13" off to the side and use only for keyboard needs. Meanwhile the monitor can be right in front of your NS6 for performance type viewing/interaction.

Maybe cheaper for the time being compared to swapping laptops. Additionally, will allow you to get some actual mileage out of your current 13" MBP without take the immediate loss on the sale of a used laptop. :)
DJChad72 5:34 AM - 29 May, 2012
I've been known to have them on occasion. Lol
dj-freestyle 4:38 PM - 29 May, 2012
I find it alot easier to just click the video so the screens close and you can see more and still do video. makes life alot easier.
DJChad72 5:08 PM - 29 May, 2012
Another thought is to change views when going into the Library, and then back to your preferred deck view when you have found what you like.

I actually understand this, even with a 15" MBP its cramped. However I use iTunes to compile my playlist for the night a couple of different ways:

Option 1) Single Playlist with all tracks, in order 1 to N. Makes it very easy to just scroll down as I progress through my set list. I only have to search when I think of something or someone makes a decent request.

Option 2) I have a playlist folder with 4-5 sub playlists. I break each playlist into styles that accompany the timing with my set. Such as Opening, Early, Transition to Peak, Peak Hour, and Late Night, Last Songs, and Flashback/Old School Favorites.

These help me minimize the amount of searching and hunting/pecking needed to pull of a successful set. They also help me remember to play something that I may forget in the heat of the moment. But most of all, it helps me deal with the minimal real estate for the library when using a 4 deck controller.
dj-freestyle 7:08 PM - 29 May, 2012
Its cramped for sure but just cliking and closing the video box's is a huge help and i dont really need to them anyway.
DJChad72 10:14 PM - 29 May, 2012
Oh yes for sure. I have not tried it, but supposedly you can pipe the output with a L/C/R format and use a Video Mixer/Splitter to direction to a Main as well as the two preview decks. I have only tested and played with it... my MBP isnt new enough to handle it at a gig. But looking at upgrading in the near term if this newest monthly gig supports it.
Trumbot 3:44 AM - 31 May, 2012
My workaround solution for this is to switch to the view with the biggest wave forms and press the "prepare" button. This will instantly switch to the view with no waveforms and a big library view. Once your song is selected, press "prepare" again and it should jump back to the biggest wave form view.

Serato has been dragging their heels on this issue for almost a year, but this is the best I can do while we have to work with 4 deck view only.
signs 5:09 PM - 31 May, 2012
… use "Space" to Switch to "Library view"
2.Um.@.X 10:53 PM - 4 June, 2012
signs,

Thanks for the tip! That really definitely helped a lot!

signs 7:21 AM - 5 June, 2012
no Problem ;)