DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Country Music Record Pool?

RNSE-NM 9:51 PM - 24 May, 2012
Hi, Yes I play country music occasionally where I DJ. I'm looking for a record pool that offers Country Music that doesn't cost an arm and leg. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!
ced_so_thoed 10:05 PM - 24 May, 2012
ay
I don't know of one but I like that song that goes "You never even called me by my naaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee."
yep
monchi 10:17 PM - 24 May, 2012
Back in the day Vinyl use to be 8.50 domestic, 12.50 import but.............yeah!
Wizzy 12:57 AM - 25 May, 2012
Promo Only
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:11 PM - 26 May, 2012
www.idjpool.com offers some country, but I think its bundled under the VIP membership - pricey unless you need the other stuff,
RNSE-NM 7:11 PM - 11 June, 2012
Thank you all for your input. It is much appreciated.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Hi, Yes I play country music occasionally where I DJ. I'm looking for a record pool that offers Country Music that doesn't cost an arm and leg. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Cheap country pool u say www.maineiac.com
12inchskinz 9:02 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Promo Only

That is the ONE you want!
COUNTRYDJPOOL 2:21 PM - 17 July, 2013
For Country Music Try Country DJ Pool www.countrydjpool.com
RNSE-NM 2:28 PM - 17 July, 2013
^^^^The site is awesome^^^^
Rebelguy 4:47 PM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
For Country Music Try Country DJ Pool www.countrydjpool.com

Nice self promotion.

IBFTL
Skinny G. 2:30 AM - 6 December, 2013
Does this site break down into the sub categories of Country? Because if not, then I refuse to pay for it.
RNSE-NM 2:41 AM - 6 December, 2013
It's all sortable once in your software. For the price, you really can't beat it.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:11 AM - 6 December, 2013
Quote:
Does this site break down into the sub categories of Country? Because if not, then I refuse to pay for it.

Wow, I was looking at the MP3 list on that www.countrydjpool.com - seems like a ton of artists AND DJ INTRO friendly mixes AND bonus beats (wow) but you don't want to pay for it because the music isn't broken down by category???

SMH...

What happened to putting in a tiny bit of work???

MP3 list - www.countrydjpool.com

I don't play Country but I am curious - what categories are you looking for???

I am in that companies Urban pool but I STILL find it very useful even though all the R&B or TWERK or TRAP releases aren't listed by category, Sometimes you have to go old school and actually listen to the music to see if you can play it...
Skinny G. 9:35 AM - 6 December, 2013
First off. The amount of labour I put into having a clean music library is more than a 40hr a week job. So that tiny bit of work your are referring to is already busy. Second. I am NOT a country Dj and would like to learn. If they are not broken down into sub categories then I will not be able to learn. And therefore will be useless to me.

I am not going to be able to tell what is what just by listening. I still have to do research on each individual song. The amount of work that I have set out for myself in a short time frame is actually preposterous. Unfortunately, most songs are not labeled by the sub type of country music. Which to my understanding of what I've gotten so far is actually very important.

Therefore...no sub genres. No money from me. Because it would not be helping my cause.
DouggyFresh 12:10 PM - 6 December, 2013
Quote:
First off. The amount of labour I put into having a clean music library is more than a 40hr a week job. So that tiny bit of work your are referring to is already busy. Second. I am NOT a country Dj and would like to learn. If they are not broken down into sub categories then I will not be able to learn. And therefore will be useless to me.

I am not going to be able to tell what is what just by listening. I still have to do research on each individual song. The amount of work that I have set out for myself in a short time frame is actually preposterous. Unfortunately, most songs are not labeled by the sub type of country music. Which to my understanding of what I've gotten so far is actually very important.

Therefore...no sub genres. No money from me. Because it would not be helping my cause.

Working with a country DJ for a while doing sound & lights made me realize a lot of things. There are subgenres of country, but you could really break it down into: Slow songs, regular songs and line dances.. That's a country night- everyone's either A. slow dancing, B. line dancing or C. drinking at the bar (no drinks on the wooden dance floor ;) )...

The biggest thing you have to worry about isn't scratching, fancy mixing, intro/outros, it's room programming. It's line dances. It's playing most of the song out, because a lot of country crowds enjoy the whole song. It's a whole lot more than a tagged genre, you really have to understand the music. You want to feel the music with your customers... You want to be in love in one moment slow dancing and a little while later having the time of your life doing some crazy line dance...

You have to know WHEN to play the right songs, not just having a library of country songs and playing them by subgenre.. If any main genre was a "feel the crowd" genre more than another, it's country. If you want to know about being a country DJ, you really need to go to country DJ events and get a feel for the diversity of the crowd. Here, in Florida, I've heard everything from Gangnam Style, Pitbull, Britney Spears to Journey to even some top 40 hip hip on a country night.

One other thing, every "region" has its own flavor of country night, so here that kind of music might work well, but some places you play hip hop or top 40 and you might as well have just ripped their souls out... You really have to understand who you are playing for before you can just start blasting out random country music by labelled subgenre...
DouggyFresh 12:13 PM - 6 December, 2013
oh and one other thing - most "record pools" are for new songs, the majority of music is NOT top 40 breaking new country, it's usually "older" country that gets people moving especially in line dances...
Skinny G. 2:53 PM - 6 December, 2013
Ok...so yes, yes and yes. Also what part of Florida? So here's the thing. A manager friend of mine asked me to play songs between bands at a new spot. I like country music and it's a good change from the norm. Also, not many country DJs around here. So I wouldn't mind learning. Now I haven't said yes as yet because I'm not one to jump the gun. I want to see how much I can learn.

The gig is next sat. Hence the rushed patchwork. I would need to delve more. Yes. But for the time being I just need a somewhat of a quick fix. Don't get me wrong though, I agree with everything you say.