DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Removing Rane 62 fader caps?

Mick Swell 12:20 AM - 22 May, 2012
Hey all,

I don't know if this has been covered, but I was wondering if the new fader caps on the rane 62 have a special way of taking them off. They are VERY difficult to take off. Are they like the pioneer fader caps where it has a kind of lock that you have to push on to remove? If anyone knows your answer would be greatly appreciated.
jevo9 1:09 AM - 22 May, 2012
I always take them off you have to pull hard bro, there's no way around it
Mick Swell 1:16 AM - 22 May, 2012
I was afraid of that haha. I did it once it was a terrible experience, I was hoping someone new a secret about it. Thanks for replying bro!
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:06 AM - 22 May, 2012
just pull but pull as STRAIGHT up as possible.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:06 PM - 22 May, 2012
they are a new fader cap design and they are designed to stay on when you first install them. Once you pop them off once they will be easier to take on and off but they will also be more prone to fly off.

I really like the way they feel over the last design.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:57 PM - 23 May, 2012
Move the fader to one side and use something to get under the fader cap to pop it off.
I say move it to one side because it will be more stable and you won't be running the risk of breaking the fader board.
Dj Immaculate aus 9:05 AM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
Move the fader to one side and use something to get under the fader cap to pop it off.
I say move it to one side because it will be more stable and you won't be running the risk of breaking the fader board.

I found that if you pull it to one side to stop it moving , then with a flat blade screw driver slowly and gently lift under the left side of the fader cap using the edge of the face plate as leverage , once it moves that little bit u can wiggle the cap left to right and it will come off .
wicked223 5:02 PM - 27 June, 2012
Yep I had to use a flathead screw driver to and slowly wiggle and pry them off. Pulling them with your hands you can't get enough leverage and feels like you are gonna break or bend something.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 12:49 AM - 2 July, 2012
I just replaced the ones on my 62 with some croma caps - I removed the stock ones by placing a rag over the cap first then I got some pliers and pulled straight up its gonna be tight but came off no prob)
Musically Minded 9:17 PM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:
I just replaced the ones on my 62 with some croma caps - I removed the stock ones by placing a rag over the cap first then I got some pliers and pulled straight up its gonna be tight but came off no prob)

how do you like the feel of the croma caps vs the stock rane ones?
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 10:41 PM - 5 July, 2012
LOVE um they are high grade rubber feel. over size knobs are the best i use the on al the Flex efx ones (i replaced the blue ones)
Musically Minded 1:53 PM - 6 July, 2012
^ thanx man, was thinking about changing the faders on mine but now you said that maybe i'll swap out a couple of the knobs too!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:22 AM - 7 July, 2012
You can actually see them in my profile pic above the knobs are like 3 x bigger than the stock
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:32 PM - 16 July, 2012
I actually like the design of these new fader caps... witht he 56/57, I was always going through replacing fader caps because they would come off easily and fly off into the oblivion.
djetchaskratch@gmail.com 10:32 PM - 8 April, 2016
The key to removing 62 fader knobs/caps is a spoon. Pry one of the skinny sides of the knob with the spoon, while gently pulling up on the other end with your fingers using equal pressure.
yojabbajabba 6:59 AM - 17 May, 2016
@djetchascratch@gmail.com +1 for your tip re: using a spoon. Came right off with no problems at all!
myndgruv 7:31 PM - 17 May, 2016
Quote:
^ thanx man, was thinking about changing the faders on mine but now you said that maybe i'll swap out a couple of the knobs too!

check out coolercaps as well. I did all the knobs and faders on my 62 and love them
djfuji420 6:45 PM - 27 August, 2016
I used a fork and it worked wonderfully!