DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Converting Audio Library

JCRUZ 4:25 AM - 21 May, 2012
Could some one tell me a GREAT program that will convert my audio library to MP3s but still keep them in the folder that they belong in?
RogerRabbit 5:21 AM - 22 May, 2012
You should state what Os you are using MAC or PC and what file format(wave,flac etc) your library is..
JCRUZ 9:42 PM - 23 May, 2012
Sorry running PC Win7, thats just it I have files that are wav, flac, and others. Freakin sucks!!!!
DJ Tecniq 10:51 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Sorry running PC Win7, thats just it I have files that are wav, flac, and others. Freakin sucks!!!!
www.avs4you.com
DJMark 9:40 AM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:
Could some one tell me a GREAT program that will convert my audio library to MP3s but still keep them in the folder that they belong in?

What do you mean "folder that they belong in"?

You're going to be creating new files in any case, and any decent encoding application should give you options as to where your encoded files should land (including "same folder as source").
HittinSkinzTa2 1:37 PM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:

WHY would you want to downgrade higher quality files to shitty, compressed mp3??? I can see converting flac (ONLY because Serato doesn't read them - yet) but others?? .wav & .aiff are BY FAR better sounding audio files. Leave them.
Johbremat 2:06 PM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
...I have files that are wav, flac, and others.

XRecode II: transcoder.
MP3tag: tag editor.

Suggest you convert all existing loss less audio to FLAC. Use MP3tag to ensure all your tags and cover art are correct (or to just apply in the first, in the case of WAV).

Make this your master archive. Then, you can transcore to whatever format whenever, based on your needs.

Then, create lossy copies from this archive. XRII allows you to keep the directory structure, you just need to specify a different root (read: different drive or top-level directory).

If you don't need to use MP3 explicitly, encode to 512kbps I with NeroAAC. Closest you'll get to loss less quality without being hamstrung by iTunes or LAME.

(Give the two apps some time. Relatively straightforward to use, but can take a little bit to coax it in to doing what you want it to)
clickclickw00t 2:43 PM - 24 May, 2012
the BEST bulk conversion tool BY FAR is dBpoweramp R14.

Best conversion options, multi-core conversion support. amazing software really