Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato Android App?

dj_crucial 1:10 AM - 18 May, 2012
This would be killer. I don't wanna mix from it, but to be able use it as a music player, be able to make cue points, loops, id3 tags. Then upload it to serato and boom, you just added a ton of cue points without having to be tied to your laptop.

could be big...
DJ DPeeps 4:28 PM - 29 May, 2012
+1
DJ FLAVOR 11:42 AM - 7 July, 2012
Ok, first thing I need to say is, I'm an Android Junkie, so don't get it twisted.

The big problem still currently w/ Android is its audio. Google has not yet addressed this dept of their OS, and it really shows. :-(
Latency can be up to 20 times worse than in iOS.
(Even Propellerhead stated this)
This is the main culprit as to why there are a lack of Audio apps & Audio Devs in Android. :-(
Let's hope Google tackles this soon.
When Google announces its been fixed and the SDK's & API's have been updated,
It will be game time.
Nearly every major audio software developer/company will jump onto Android as well.
Watch.
DJ FLAVOR 12:05 PM - 7 July, 2012
...Cont. from above:
So I had a death in the family and ended up missing most of this year's Google I/O...where they unveiled Android 4.1 Jellybean. I saw the first Keynote from Day 1, with all the skydiving with Project Glass...but that's about it.
So after some digging and researching.........
Latency in Android HAS been improved drastically...
...In Android 4.1...
Latency in Android 4.1 has gone from 100ms, down to 12ms.
Google is shooting for 10ms. (Or better)
There are currently only two devices that currently have Android 4.1:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
And
Asus Nexus 7 Tablet

Like I said before,
Watch...
prepaidguy9081 8:29 AM - 9 December, 2012
I have a note ii running jellybean and with 2gb ram and a 1.6ghz quadcore that I can overclock to 1.9guz if need be. this should be plenty to run serato. and I have an otg cable to hook my ddj s1 up to it with. I do want to mix with it. the device can handle 7 videos 5 flash and two 480p with no noticable slowdown. I belive that it can handle two mp3 tracks. I would rather run it nativly then install windows xp on my phone. wich would be an option but running an os ontop of android to run serato not only adds anun needed step but will tax my resources to much and eat at space which is always a premeum.

my next step will be to put the turntables and the 4tb hdd I have on a hub with the phone.

the reason I need to do this is because my dualcore 2.4ghz with 2gb ram had the videochipset fry [its a laptop and I cant find a new board] and my current pc is a celeron with 1gb ram. not able to handle sereto mixing. just media player.
Laz219 11:06 AM - 12 December, 2012
Really wouldn't expect this, people have been asking for an IOS one forever which, if an app was to be made I would expect to be addressed first.
prepaidguy9081 11:41 AM - 12 December, 2012
to be honest I do not expect it
I would appriciate it
I have learned from experience never to expect things. [nullifies disappointment]
and I agree with you that ios would probably be addressed first.
Laz219 11:43 AM - 12 December, 2012
I much prefer android, but it seems like with all the support for OSX on this forum and from the devs, IOS would definitely take priority over android.
Sporadik Styles 11:31 PM - 12 December, 2012
It would be cool if there was a Serato companion app for droid and iOS. I'd see it being more useful for selecting cue points (not creating), controlling effects, sample deck, 35/45 buttons etc. basically a Denon DN-HC1000S

I don't see how this would work for editing tags and setting up cue points, would it stream everything from a computer then edit the tags etc. on the computer and not the companion device? sounds messy
Laz219 2:21 AM - 13 December, 2012
I'd guess the library would have to be on the portable device, which is then synced back to SSL with the changes.
As far as I know all cue point data and such is saved in the music file itself so it could be done quite easily.
Sporadik Styles 3:01 AM - 13 December, 2012
It is saved in the tag itself, my 80GB library wouldn't make it on a portable device. Anyone like myself with an iOS device can rule this app out also. Apple hates FLAC sadly and the idea of drag and dropping a file to my iDevice like any other device instead of using annoying software to sync.

Wouldn't mind an under $300 droid tablet though within the next year. I'm in favour a SL companion app, just curious how exactly it would work syncing files etc. I'd really love if it just streamed, synced, and did the file writing etc. on the host PC not the portable device. Flick on the companion switch and my portable device connects to SL, hit a companion sync button when in offline mode and it updates all the tags with the changes I made (loops, ID3, cues, crates)
svengem79 12:01 AM - 21 December, 2012
I would love a Android APP too. I don't wanna mix with it, just want to scroll and search library and add Songs to the decks.
Dj L-Biz 9:43 AM - 21 December, 2012
Sounds like a reasonable idea depending on what you want from it - don't Pioneer have something similar now with Rekorder Box (or what ever its called) on both IOS & Android
so it should be feasible in some form.
A basic offline mode would be awesome, just for adding cue points etc on a small working library rather than your whole 100GB plus library otherwise just opening the app would take a day or so.

Still i would love to see this evolve into something practical.

+1 for the idea as a whole
sinesthetix 7:28 AM - 24 December, 2012
+1
DJ TooHypE 10:04 PM - 7 January, 2013
+1
deejayluke 2:09 PM - 8 January, 2013
+1
jprime 6:56 PM - 9 January, 2013
+100 Androids
Dj L-Biz 1:55 PM - 30 January, 2013
looks like N.I. have got there app together some pics floating about with Ritchie Hawtin... they may just be selling vests though...
Smelly_Legend 6:20 PM - 13 April, 2013
+1
marveen 3:20 PM - 22 July, 2013
+100 , please i wnat de android app plis XD .
mr.mandrake 2:34 PM - 3 March, 2014
I think this would be great... i dont have an own computer, so i always have to ask my parents if i want to use serato... a connection with my dj controller through my android would be great... i hope its possible to do such a app
Laz219 2:13 PM - 4 March, 2014
Way to bring back a 9 month old thread.
Probably should just get a laptop.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:24 AM - 12 March, 2014
Then after you buy a laptop just get an android tablet and download Touch OSC and map it to whatever you want in Serato......
JayNZ 11:41 AM - 20 May, 2014
fingerplay is an app you can use to conrol serato i was using it on a cheap android it works fine u just run a little server on ur laptop and it communicates via ur wireless or bluetooth and u can set your own layout of buttons for your own needs, google it i couldn't get touch o/c working but other people have and they looked a bit better but does the same thing.
Beany 9:02 AM - 24 November, 2014
See livecue.co.uk
Works great on my Droid
DJCarlos. 8:13 PM - 9 September, 2016
Hi all i all browsing the forum to try to find a way to listen to my new music on my tablet, and been able to edit tags at least, (adding cues will be great but i am dreaming) and sync that with my computer (my files are stored on an external hd.

this thread deals a lot whit this as i have an android tablet>
i use pc and mac, but if i can sync with at least one of the; it will be a start>

any ideas, suggestions... everything is welcomed.

thanks
DJ TooHypE 8:01 PM - 12 July, 2017
More request serato.com