Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Petition for Serato and Numark to play nice together for a V7 upgrade...V8/NS8

DJ Cs 3:35 AM - 17 May, 2012
In my opinion and most I've heard for motorized controllers, the NS7 and V7's are nearly perfect.

I can't think of ONE thing I don't like about the V7's.

I would like for anyone who is interested in Serato flexing their influential muscles to persuade Numark that their is a compelling reason to upgrade the NS7/V7 series of controllers.

In fact, I would bet they are some of the best selling controllers Numark has had.

Upgrades could include:

1. 9" platters.

2. Upgraded soundcards to enable compatibility with 4 decks.

3. Improved onboard FX.

4. VU meter showing level for that particular channel or cued song when switched to other positions.

5. Ability for internal recording (not sure if feasible).

7. Enhanced strip search such as on the NS6.

If you would like to sign on please add your name and features you would like to see on the next version.
diezdiaz 4:40 PM - 17 May, 2012
Buying new shit all the time gets annoying I'm pretty happy with my numarks as is.
Dj cuervo 4:43 PM - 17 May, 2012
+1000000
Kmxorbit 5:18 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
Buying new shit all the time gets annoying I'm pretty happy with my numarks as is.

+1. (except the fact that the V7 drivers should get an upgrade for full OSX10.7.3 compatibility.)
djcerla 5:54 PM - 17 May, 2012
Looks like Numark relies on a 3rd party software house for drivers.

What I think (and I might be proved dead wrong of course) is that V7s may easily do 4 decks with one computer (for example), or be full Lion compliant, but given that the product didn't exactly put the world on fire and it's actually been discontinued, the firm has cut any further investment on it, including the drivers.

This would signal a stark departure from the 2009 Numark philosophy to first-class support their flagship products.

I hope I'm wrong.
DJ Cs 6:11 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:

What I think (and I might be proved dead wrong of course) is that V7s may easily do 4 decks with one computer (for example), or be full Lion compliant, but given that the product didn't exactly put the world on fire and it's actually been discontinued, the firm has cut any further investment on it, including the drivers.

This would signal a stark departure from the 2009 Numark philosophy to first-class support their flagship products.

I hope I'm wrong.

This seems to be a head scratcher for many of us, as I've NEVER read a bad review of the NS7 and particularly the V7's.

In a business sense, they could definitely shoehorn a very capable product into a outdated role to force the purchase of the upgraded model.

However, this would seem to be counter-productive, as many would believe they would do the same with the upgraded products.

When you say the product "didn't exactly put the world on fire", what do you mean?
Do you have some sales figures, comments from retailers or anything to come to that conclusion?

For many weeks, I couldn't get my hands on a unit i(NS7) because it was sold out when it first came out.
phatbob 6:33 PM - 17 May, 2012
Anecdotally, from people I know at retailers, the NS7 did pretty well, but the V7s simply didn't.

They are great bits of kit, but they are an odd fit somewhere between the 'decks and mixer' and 'controller' paradigms. And most users tend to want one or the other.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we saw anything similar from Numark in the future.
DJ Cs 6:52 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
Anecdotally, from people I know at retailers, the NS7 did pretty well, but the V7s simply didn't.

Interesting.

Hopefully they will open up the access to allow the unit to be used in other ways.

Open sourcing this unit and making it fully accessible to other software via midi or other would make purchase another set, just for backup purposes.
djcerla 7:13 PM - 17 May, 2012
NS7 is a best seller, obviously I was referring to my beloved V7s ;)
Kmxorbit 10:57 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:

I hope I'm wrong.

I sincerely hope you're wrong too, but I have the feeling you're spot on.

I'm just very disappointed in the V7 support. The V7 is a true premium top class controller.
I invited all DJ's that I know to test drive the V7's. For many of them an eye opener...

I paid pretty much cash, for in my opinion the best controller in the world. And I don't mind as long as I can use it for years.

But realizing that this really professional and expensive product is only good for 2 years because of outdated drivers is just .. is just.. too much for words.

Then you start realizing why Pioneer is called THE premium brand, ....
Kittmaster 12:30 PM - 18 May, 2012
Problem is within the driver for the V7's, ever try to plug both into the same computer? Crash goes the computer. I bet if they fixed the driver, and serato could deal with data from two different sources, 4 decks could be achieved.......
DJ Sidies 4:09 PM - 18 May, 2012
I went to Numark UK a few weeks ago to pick up some stuff.
I asked them if I should buy some new V7's or should i wait!
The 2 guys i was talking to both looked at each other and smiled.
My reply was because you are not answering that means there is something in the pipeline.
There reply was wait in till the summer lots of new products for sera to will be coming out.
dj mood 2 6:08 PM - 19 May, 2012
please play nice together AN I QUOT ILL PAY 4U GUYS TOPLAY TOGether well worth 100 200 us $$$$$$$ y i have 2 sets of v7 rane
ttm57 rodec mixers + denno mx 600
dj mood 2 6:09 PM - 19 May, 2012
Quote:
In my opinion and most I've heard for motorized controllers, the NS7 and V7's are nearly perfect.

I can't think of ONE thing I don't like about the V7's.

I would like for anyone who is interested in Serato flexing their influential muscles to persuade Numark that their is a compelling reason to upgrade the NS7/V7 series of controllers.

In fact, I would bet they are some of the best selling controllers Numark has had.

Upgrades could include:

1. 9" platters.

2. Upgraded soundcards to enable compatibility with 4 decks.

3. Improved onboard FX.

4. VU meter showing level for that particular channel or cued song when switched to other positions.

5. Ability for internal recording (not sure if feasible).

7. Enhanced strip search such as on the NS6.

If you would like to sign on please add your name and features you would like to see on the next version.
dj mood 2 6:09 PM - 19 May, 2012
Quote:
Papa Midnight 9:01 PM - 19 May, 2012
Quote:

I hope I'm wrong.

I am pretty certain that it could quite possibly be achieved in Virtual DJ Pro through some extensive mapping, but even I would find it difficult going back to VDJ after the time I have spent with ITCH.
Kmxorbit 4:51 PM - 20 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1. correct. I bought V7's because of the premium status of the product given by Numark. And the hardware is.
But you only can become a premium brand when you support you products for a very long time, and not by replacing it by new products every year...
610 Problem 7:04 PM - 20 May, 2012
Quote:
I went to Numark UK a few weeks ago to pick up some stuff.
I asked them if I should buy some new V7's or should i wait!
The 2 guys i was talking to both looked at each other and smiled.
My reply was because you are not answering that means there is something in the pipeline.
There reply was wait in till the summer lots of new products for sera to will be coming out.

I'm waiting too. I know whatever precedes the mpcdj is going to be crazy whenever they get all their business straight.
Dj Diamond Lee 6:40 PM - 31 August, 2012
I just want to be inthe mix. I bought a new mac to handle the amount of speed my computer needs to be to handle all that data. I would image that I will need a newer Mac beyond 2008 to keep up. But I would rather buy anther computer than invest in any more equipment. I still miss the Numark CDX i thought that was the perfect blend of digital/cds/ and computer. The system just had to many quorks. The day they come out with a 12 inch plater for Midi controller and has 4 decks is the day I trade everything in.
dj mood 2 7:10 PM - 19 September, 2012
all i can say...... NOW I ITCH 4 TRAKTOR....
610 Problem 8:13 PM - 23 September, 2012
Quote:
all i can say...... NOW I ITCH 4 TRAKTOR....

Traktor was always the better software IMO...I hate that I purchased the NS7..I won't be fooled again though
admiraljonesy 3:56 AM - 25 September, 2012
+1
dj mood 2 4:20 AM - 25 September, 2012
NS7 WORKS wit tractor....
dj mood 2 4:22 AM - 25 September, 2012
I ROCK 2V7's wit traktor
610 Problem 9:25 PM - 25 September, 2012
shoot me an email for an updated traktor ns7 patch....please! **removed**
dj mood 2 1:38 AM - 26 September, 2012
i got u
dj mood 2 1:50 AM - 26 September, 2012
tried not your full e mail address
610 Problem 2:14 AM - 26 September, 2012
**removed**
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:02 AM - 26 September, 2012
Hey guys, please don't post personal contact info in the public forum. Use private messages for that type of thing :)

Sam.
Dj Diamond Lee 2:07 PM - 26 September, 2012
Does trackter allow 4 decks to work with numark v7?
dj mood 2 6:17 PM - 26 September, 2012
no just 1&2 but they can be mapped .
Dj Diamond Lee 6:35 PM - 26 September, 2012
I might be crazy but I feel like my V7 is getting passed by. Everyone else is getting all the love. I want more effect options. Yes I have the sampler but the sampler does not effect the sound of the music. Im sure if numark wanted to open up the mapping it could. There must be a V8 coming down the line. They are in so many markets it seems like they have giving up onthe PRO- Turntable DJs. I love the sampler Djs too but us turntable guys want to do more. Peace out. Thats my 2 cents of the day.
dj mood 2 2:14 AM - 29 September, 2012
just got my 57 back about to try the new live......
dj mood 2 1:36 PM - 3 October, 2012
v8 ???? can we trade in our v7s=4
intel 6:29 PM - 21 November, 2012
The V7s are trash in my opinion. They were great when they worked, but that was so far and few in between that I can't rely on them. In fact, both of mine are screwed up right now. Platters won't stop or start spinning, buttons don't work. For the past few months I've tried to get Numark to fix them since they're under warranty and I have received nothing from them. Very frustrating. Glad to see others aren't dealing with the same headache, but I'm definitely one person that would give them a bad review. I should've never bought them. I just want to get them fixed so I can sell them for 50 bucks...or whatever someone will buy them for. I am very anti-Numark from here on out.
dj mood 2 10:13 PM - 21 November, 2012
sorry 2 hear this INTEL..i have (4) of these..so far good.. 1 set stay @ the crib & set 4 gigs..
If i may...double check firmware if up to date... take it back to older firmware..& install older
ITCH..LIKE 1.7.0 & see if that works 4 ya..I kinda had the same problem did these things & switch out all usb cables. like i said all 4 have been working fine DID not read your hole post before i started to reply i will buy 4 ( 50 ) lol
dj mood 2 10:14 PM - 21 November, 2012
u c miy PIC ?
WileECoyote 10:29 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
sorry 2 hear this INTEL..i have (4) of these..so far good.. 1 set stay @ the crib & set 4 gigs..
If i may...double check firmware if up to date... take it back to older firmware..& install older
ITCH..LIKE 1.7.0 & see if that works 4 ya..I kinda had the same problem did these things & switch out all usb cables. like i said all 4 have been working fine DID not read your hole post before i started to reply i will buy 4 ( 50 ) lol

I said the same thing in the other post (USB replacement). BTW, if they are already out of warranty you can repair them yourself.. .

There is a place out of Greensboro, NC that sells replacement parts:
www.instrumentalparts.com
intel 10:57 PM - 21 November, 2012
DJ Mood 2 and WileECoyote- Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'm going to have to check out replacing the cables and mess around with the firmware. Luckily I am under warranty, but getting Numark to respond to me has been a task...for lack of a better word.

What system are you guys using btw? Mac or PC? Also, what OS are you running? Sorry if this is found in another post already.

Appreciate the help! I'll post back the results when I get a chance.
WileECoyote 12:10 AM - 22 November, 2012
I've used both. But I just remembered; make sure you aren't using an AMD computer
DJ Cs 4:39 AM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
The V7s are trash in my opinion. They were great when they worked, but that was so far and few in between that I can't rely on them. In fact, both of mine are screwed up right now. Platters won't stop or start spinning, buttons don't work. For the past few months I've tried to get Numark to fix them since they're under warranty and I have received nothing from them. Very frustrating. Glad to see others aren't dealing with the same headache, but I'm definitely one person that would give them a bad review. I should've never bought them. I just want to get them fixed so I can sell them for 50 bucks...or whatever someone will buy them for. I am very anti-Numark from here on out.

First I've heard of "TWO" V7's not working. These controllers are known for their stellar build and performance.
Panotaker 12:15 PM - 22 November, 2012
I find it hard to believe that you have two V7's that are screwed up. I could see maybe one going out, but both of them? I bet you either have a bad cable, or some kind of computer problem.
DJ Cs 11:21 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

First I've heard of "TWO" V7's not working. These controllers are known for their stellar build and performance.

This was meant to say, I've never heard of 2 V7'S not working.
DJ GaFFle 6:24 AM - 23 November, 2012
I'd go for 9" or 10" spinning platters. I'm tired of forking out money for new gear but I'd be willing to purchase a new unit like the quality of an Numark controllers. Those 7" platters sucked... just too small (nh/nm).
DJ GaFFle 6:25 AM - 23 November, 2012
^^^ typos.
Ragman 3:37 PM - 23 November, 2012
I wouldn't say the small platters suck because the ingenuity behind them is unreal, but they are to small.
Kittmaster 10:56 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
I wouldn't say the small platters suck because the ingenuity behind them is unreal, but they are to small.

While I am in agreement with this point, I want to add that if they were any larger, the weight would increase dramatically......people already whine how heavy the unit is, now adding 35% more mass to each platter????
Ragman 1:03 AM - 24 November, 2012
Yeah I know that some wouldn't buy it due to the additional weight, but many of us would tolerate the additional weight if it had a larger platter size. Those are the DJs asking Numark to build an NS?/V? with at least 9" platter. Variety is good...
dj mood 2 5:25 AM - 25 November, 2012
just a lil side note ..serato dj will have drivers 4 the v7 coming soon this WILL OPEN A LOT of CLOSED DooRs ....i HOPE .....Just pick up pioneer ddj-sx test driving seen a spot where you
could download drivers 4 the v7.....ps MAN I HOPE THEY GET THIS RIGHT...
dj mood 2 5:30 AM - 25 November, 2012
Numark V7
Serato DJ support coming SPRING 2013
Let me know when Serato DJ is available for the Numark V7
Still curious? We don't blame you, download Serato DJ anyway.