DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

User Button Lighting - 62

damehype 5:20 PM - 15 May, 2012
Ok, how do you disable the lights on the 62 with the new firmware?
Dj Nyce 6:50 PM - 15 May, 2012
i was just about to post about this.

*Added option to disable automatic lighting of LEDs.

* Added support for smarter and easier user MIDI LED lighting.

* Added User Button Lighting Control. Enable this option when you want to light button LEDs with MIDI note changes (disables the mixer from providing the momentary button LED flash).

i don't have any options regarding this. serato devs please shed some light...
damehype 7:09 PM - 15 May, 2012
You can enable it in the MIDI panel preferences, but it does nothing
Rane
TrevorW 7:21 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
* Added User Button Lighting Control. Enable this option when you want to light button LEDs with MIDI note changes (disables

the mixer from providing the momentary button LED flash).

Hey guys!

Serato did not add support for this new parameter in Scratch Live. But the Sixty-Two Control Panel that is part of the Core Audio/ASIO drivers has the new option!

Just ensure your ASIO/CA drivers are installed (this can be done with the Update Drivers utility supplied by Serato), and open up the control panel. Keep in mind that this only affects mixer behavior with 3rd Party Applications. It is not possible to disable Serato's control of the mixer LEDs while the Scratch Live application is running.

When the mixer is connected to 3rd Party Software, it will momentarily light the buttons when you press them. If you would like to MIDI map the LEDs so they light in some other way, just disable the automatic lighting in the control panel and then map away.

Quote:

What this means is that the mixer will now "remember" what state the LED is supposed to be in. So if you set the LED to be Bright Yellow on Layer 3, when you switch to Layer 4 it will show whatever state it's supposed to be in Layer 4, and when you come back to Layer 3 it will be Bright Yellow again. Same idea applies to switching contexts between Auto/Manual loops and Cues/Samples.
AVENUE 7:33 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
* Added User Button Lighting Control. Enable this option when you want to light button LEDs with MIDI note changes (disables

the mixer from providing the momentary button LED flash).

Hey guys!

Serato did not add support for this new parameter in Scratch Live. But the Sixty-Two Control Panel that is part of the Core Audio/ASIO drivers has the new option!

Just ensure your ASIO/CA drivers are installed (this can be done with the Update Drivers utility supplied by Serato), and open up the control panel. Keep in mind that this only affects mixer behavior with 3rd Party Applications. It is not possible to disable Serato's control of the mixer LEDs while the Scratch Live application is running.

When the mixer is connected to 3rd Party Software, it will momentarily light the buttons when you press them. If you would like to MIDI map the LEDs so they light in some other way, just disable the automatic lighting in the control panel and then map away.

Quote:

What this means is that the mixer will now "remember" what state the LED is supposed to be in. So if you set the LED to be Bright Yellow on Layer 3, when you switch to Layer 4 it will show whatever state it's supposed to be in Layer 4, and when you come back to Layer 3 it will be Bright Yellow again. Same idea applies to switching contexts between Auto/Manual loops and Cues/Samples.

Shoot video on Midi Layer please..
Rane
TrevorW 7:44 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:

On it!
Joshua Carl 9:38 PM - 27 November, 2012
If i read this right, you can only alter the lights if you are NOT using SSL?

my main concern:
the first night i used a 62 out the booth had lights that could NOT move away over the mixer area.
(this was good because i was able to see the text perfectly)
It was bad because i couldn't tell when certain LEDs were on[engaged] or not.
example, the FLexFX Light on the channel.... rather then it diverting to a "DIM" setting, it needs to goto a "LED OFF" setting when its not engaged.... or there needs to be a slider
(Like on the x-1) that allows you to bring the total default brightness down

the entire night i was either second guessing the setting, or takign an extra few seconds to cup my hand around the lights to see it if was on or not.
Dj Nyce 1:15 AM - 28 November, 2012
you can enable user button lighting, but because ssl doesn't have midi out, you can't take advantage of the lighting. even if ssl did have midi out, you would need to be able to send custom 'out' messages to access the various led states.

if you were using software with custom midi out (say traktor) then you would have full control of the leds.

there isn't any reason why the 62's lights can't be adjusted in ssl preferences with a software update.
Joshua Carl 1:41 AM - 28 November, 2012
makes total sense... I cant imagine trying to use this on a sunny day outside.
Musically Minded 6:19 PM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:

there isn't any reason why the 62's lights can't be adjusted in ssl preferences with a software update.

would love to see this happen!!!!!! that would be sweet!!! just two knobs that you could adjust the button brightness, button off brightness & button on brightness!
Joshua Carl 8:11 PM - 28 November, 2012
on the X1, in the preference panel theres a pair of sliders

engaged brightness
backlit brighness

its perfect, and eas to get to when you are at different venues (to adjust on thr fly)
DJ Guayo 2:06 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
on the X1, in the preference panel theres a pair of sliders

engaged brightness
backlit brighness

its perfect, and eas to get to when you are at different venues (to adjust on thr fly)

I was hoping for a similar option. I just got the 62 and was second guessing myself also.
Joshua Carl 2:13 AM - 5 December, 2012
we are all asking for it!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^
maybe in some firmware down the road!
monchi 2:22 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

On it!

You still on it?
Jairen 8:57 AM - 5 December, 2012
^word...
Joshua Carl 1:12 PM - 6 September, 2013
BUMP
Musically Minded 1:17 PM - 6 September, 2013
+1 Bump
funkyfresh2012 3:11 PM - 6 September, 2013
+1
Dj Nyce 4:47 PM - 6 September, 2013
lol. ah. all the ssl features we've requested over the last few years...shit down the drain.
Jader 12:42 PM - 17 February, 2014
whoa so there really is no way to adjust the brightness of the LEDs on the Rane 62?

it feels like I'm scratching in front of a christmas tree.

this is why is still love the 57, so stealth and sleek and doesn't burn your eyes out.
djcastle 4:09 PM - 9 June, 2014
Bump this.

Coming from a 57 I had to put gaff tape over the cues in a dark club so I could see in front of me.

Anyone think this will realistically become a feature? I spent the last few days wondering if I should just exchange my 62 for the 61 and a SP1 - at least the SP1 has a dimmer switch.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:32 PM - 11 June, 2014
Sorry castle.. don't think this is changing.
Mr. Goodkat 4:14 PM - 17 April, 2016
so the rane never came up with a way to turn down/up/off the lights?