Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Too much processor load

Nacho Oncina 10:24 AM - 5 May, 2012
I worry about the operation of Itch. When I'm playing with my Vestax VCI-300 Mk2, while playing a track on a deck and post another track on the other deck, it triggers the use of the processor. The processor control bar reaches the red and once, in a gig, the computer froze.
I use a Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz, 4 GB DDR3 1067 Mhz RAM, 250 GB HDD and OSX 10.6.8. and ITCH 2.2
When I use Itch I turn off all other programs, WIFI and Bluetooth.

I am very concerned this. It is not normal. I think the computer is powerful enough… A friend, with the same computer but only 2 Gb RAM works fine with Traktor and X1..
Tocayo 12:34 PM - 5 May, 2012
Have you re-analyzed your tracks in 2.2 ?
I had the same problem with my MBP, dc- 2.56ghz with 8G of RAM on 10.6.8 but after analyzing my files again it made a little better improvement, it still sits about 35% idle.

I have noticed a bigger load on the cpu since moving to 2.2 from 1.7 where it hardly even moved on the cpu, luckily I never really experienced any major problems with the rise in cpu when loading tracks prior to re-analyzing files but it was worrying to watch.
JDforKing 2:24 PM - 5 May, 2012
I doubt anyone (at rane or vestax) will admitted this but, i think a core 2 duo processor does not work well with the newer versions of itch and new midi controllers. I had the same problem for a while and once i bought a macbook pro with a i5 processor i no longer have any problems. Coincidence, maybe, but i doubt it.
saNppa 7:34 PM - 5 May, 2012
It's not just about software, cpu load depends on also on the controller. For example with my previous laptop with AMD TL-60 could easily handle VCI-300, but NS6 was too hard to handle by far. Thank god, there's nothing (at the moment) that sandy-i7 wouldn't handle. Few years and older than the sky. All mentioned combo's were with Itch.
djemdub 8:32 AM - 7 May, 2012
I have an intel core i3@2.4GHz in my dv6 and using an ns6. My computer barely MEETS the system requirements for the ns6, but ITCH runs great for me!i only have 4 gigs of ram and my meter in ITCH idles at 10%its like literally just a green line for me. It doesnt ever go higher than 35%

I am not having any problems with ITCH right now...

besides the whole effects, better control of the sp6 player, keylock and 2 deck view option, im fine lol
Dj cuervo 4:30 PM - 7 May, 2012
Lowering your buffer settings can help with Cpu load but you will lose some of the latency with the controller.
nik_mantzou 10:11 PM - 4 June, 2015
I have the same problem, yesterday night while I was playing in a bar the computer got frozen twice, the first time I had to do restart, the second time serato got stucked for some seconds, but all the time the cpu usage was going up and down randomly. I have a Windows 7 pc, it is totally clean as I did a format two days ago. It is an Intel i5 2.5 ghz, 4g ram, and nvidia graphic card 1g memory. I also had followed the optimization guide about power plan. As I was playing I had all the network adapters disabled and nothing was running in the background. I don't know what cause the problem but it was really embarrassing. I forgot to say that I'm using the latest serato dj software.