DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ecler Nuo: 2 Reviews?

kristoff1986 9:07 PM - 4 May, 2012
was thinking about getting a new mixer and have liked the look of the ecler nuo2.

mainly because the reviews ive read on sound quality is meant to be good, be good for the blending style of mixing (which is mainly what i do) but ive also seen its easy to put their eternal fader in. which also appeals to me as im trying despratly to get into scratching

my question is though if anyones used and have any good or bad feedback on this mixer?
DJWORX 9:24 PM - 4 May, 2012
You won't get the NUO2, but will find the NUO2.0 instead. Here's my review:

www.skratchworx.com
Dj.Mojo 5:17 PM - 5 May, 2012
You can only put the eternal fader in the Nuo 2.0 and not in the Nuo 2. Keep that in mind.
SeriousCyrus 8:35 AM - 7 May, 2012
I got one, I really like it, I'm not a scratch DJ, but I occasionaly give it a go, it's nice to be able to setup the cross fader as you need it. The EQs are great for mixing, I use them a lot.

One thing, it's output level isn't that great, you have to open it up and change some jumpers around to boost it up to levels other mixers get. I have no idea why it's like this, At home it always sounded great, but I took it along to a gig once, and the place couldn't get the same levels as the house mixer out of it.
DJ G-Rebel 9:06 AM - 7 May, 2012
you can check out also the numark x5. i got this new and fresh out the box for 160 €s. great sound and very good faders included. you can check out a video here Watchwww.youtube.com
2Seven 10:08 AM - 7 May, 2012
I have a NUO2 and I love it. I'm the same as SeriousCyrus wrt scratching...you can set up the faders as you please and the EQs are spot on...I like having the kill switches for the 3 band EQ. It's got a GREAT sound to it both at home and whilst playing out - I've never had any problems like SeriousCyrus mentioned with the levels. It's a great mixer, and for the size as well it's got XLR's - jackpot. The only thing I miss is having the 'real estate' of a regular 10" mixer. I'd recommend it definitely.
4mydawgz 4:14 PM - 7 May, 2012
I have the Nuo 2.0. It's very good. And was a big upgrade from my Behringer vmx300. But I just got a Rane so I'm about to put the 2.0 on Ebay. Only had it about a year and a half. I can count on one hand how many times I took it out the house.
killerisation 8:51 PM - 25 May, 2012
@4mydawgz I am currently trying to choose between one of these, a rane, a denon or a urei. how does your rane compare? how come you chose to switch?
stevie-dee 5:29 PM - 18 February, 2016
I bought the ecler nuo 2.0 and noticed that the sound output is very low. Serious Cyrus mentioned opening it up and changing some jumpers to boost the output. I would like to boost the output but would not know where to start, any help on this. apart from that a good bit of gear.
Gio Alex 6:20 PM - 18 February, 2016
One of my fave mixers ever. Regret selling mine. The smallest mixer with multiple ins and outs. Even dedicated FX Loops with Volume know. Post & pre. Not to mention isolators. The literally thought of everything. Even X-Fader cut in adjustment.

Great sound, btw, never had issues.
577er 3:43 AM - 19 February, 2016
The Nuo2 was better than the 2.0. Not sure why they de-graded the mixer with the update but the company appears to maybe be back from the brink? They just re-did their website after many many years and introduced some new line mixers with photo inputs!
SeriousCyrus 7:23 AM - 19 February, 2016
@stevie-dee boosting the output is mentioned in the manual and there's a diagram. If you open up the mixer the master and booth 0dbv and +6dbv should be clearly labelled, with a total of 4 jumpers, one for each channel.
SeriousCyrus 8:06 AM - 19 February, 2016
So i was a bit bored, my Ecler needed a clean so I decided to see if I could see how to actually do the boost.

You need a small PH1 Phillips screwdriver to open the unit.

It doesn't look like the jumpers are in the unit, they may come in the box, but I can't remember. If not, a visit to your local electrical hobby shop is needed, you need 4.
You might need some tweezers to actually fit the jumpers, it looks pretty fiddly.

If it's not obvious, completely disconnect your mixer!

To open up the mixer and get to the relevant bits, take the 4 screws out of each side, and the 4 screws on the bottom. The bottom cover then lifts right off.

Should look like this : flic.kr

The input and output circuits are at the back and look like this : flic.kr

You need to place the jumpers on the 4 protuding jumper points on the bottom circuit. There's 2 close together on the left for the Master, and the 2 more seperated ones on the right are the Booth.

I've pointed them out here : flic.kr

And that should be it! place cover back on and put the screws back.
Gio Alex 5:34 PM - 19 February, 2016
Quote:
The Nuo2 was better than the 2.0. Not sure why they de-graded the mixer with the update but the company appears to maybe be back from the brink? They just re-did their website after many many years and introduced some new line mixers with photo inputs!

Wilding with that one. The nuo2 was not better than the 2.0. It was not de-graded. Also, yes the cop went out of business a while back.
Gio Alex 5:36 PM - 19 February, 2016
Company*
577er 7:17 PM - 19 February, 2016
Quote:
Company*

I never noticed an improvement in quality with the 2.0 but I did notice the missing second line inputs on each channel. The little plastic cue & isolator buttons on 2 felt better than the round metal ones on the 2.0 IMO. What did you like better on the 2.0?
Gio Alex 2:45 AM - 20 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Company*

I never noticed an improvement in quality with the 2.0 but I did notice the missing second line inputs on each channel. The little plastic cue & isolator buttons on 2 felt better than the round metal ones on the 2.0 IMO. What did you like better on the 2.0?

It's just that you saying they degraded the mixer is a huge stretch. Personally I prefer the finish on the second version. Having the brush silver two-toned look allowed you to isolate your knobs, faders, switches for use in the dark.

Quote:
but I did notice the missing second line inputs on each channel.

That I can kinda understand but what more can you want from a two channel mixer that size that's actually a 3 channel mixer with post/pre fx loop. you have $1000 2-4 channel mixers now that won't even give you that. What did you do with the extra two channels anyway?
dj_soo 5:01 AM - 20 February, 2016
Quote:
Also, yes the cop went out of business a while back.

they were reported as being bankrupt just last year, but they put out an official statement that it wasn't the case and they were still around.

They got out of the DJ gear game a while back tho...

A shame, I loved their mixers - they were basically the Rane of Europe. The HAK360 is still one of my favourite mixers although I think they fucked it up with the 380.
577er 10:06 PM - 20 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Company*

It's just that you saying they degraded the mixer is a huge stretch. Personally I prefer the finish on the second version. Having the brush silver two-toned look allowed you to isolate your knobs, faders, switches for use in the dark.

Quote:

That I can kinda understand but what more can you want from a two channel mixer that size that's actually a 3 channel mixer with post/pre fx loop. you have $1000 2-4 channel mixers now that won't even give you that. What did you do with the extra two channels anyway?

I loved the second line input for hooking up two serato boxes back when that was always a concern.
Gio Alex 10:23 PM - 20 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Company*

Quote:

I loved the second line input for hooking up two serato boxes back when that was always a concern.

I hear ya, but that hasn't really been an huge thing for years now. With the phono option on SL boxes you can do record switch outs, plus there's the SL4. I agree it was a dope feature but how many people miss that though? Also, I don't even know too many people that owned that mixer anyway. Was a sleeper.
Gio Alex 10:25 PM - 20 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Also, yes the cop went out of business a while back.

they were reported as being bankrupt just last year, but they put out an official statement that it wasn't the case and they were still around.

They got out of the DJ gear game a while back tho...

A shame, I loved their mixers - they were basically the Rane of Europe. The HAK360 is still one of my favourite mixers although I think they fucked it up with the 380.

You think they messed up with the HAK 380? Explain. I never owned one so I dunno.

Closest thing to a Hak series I owned was a Tascam XS-4 which was basically a HAK 310.