DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Self-servicing a TTM 57SL with DeoxIt - Advice Needed.

deuxspin 10:18 AM - 1 May, 2012
Hi all,

I've been going through thread of the best switch cleaner & lubricant to use on a TTM 57SL and have found different opinions.

I've read the DeoxIt F5 is the best to go for by a member of Rane. But then also read long threads of people using DeoxIt D5 on the B1 to B6 button thread. To furthur confusion, the manual suggests DeoxIt F100 for the crossfader.

These are quite pricy so make sure I want to make sure I get the right one. The initial goal is to service the B1 to B6 buttons, but I guess servicing the fader and rest of the unit would be good too.

Thanks in advance,
Ced
Dax 12:44 PM - 1 May, 2012
try some contact cleaner from maplins 1st,it works for me.

www.maplin.co.uk
deuxspin 1:12 PM - 1 May, 2012
Thats exactly what I'm using at the moment. But using it quite lightly, perhaps I need to apply more?

Was under the impression the DeoxIt was a better product, so thought about using that instead.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:21 PM - 1 May, 2012
We recommend F5 for the buttons and knobs and F100L-25C for the faders.
deuxspin 9:08 PM - 1 May, 2012
Thanks Zach! Thats good to know.

I know it varies with use, but on average how often do you suggest applying the DeoxIt?
Dax 9:22 AM - 2 May, 2012
DeoxIt is a much better product,but for me maplins is 10 minutes from my house and i always forget to order some DeoxIt.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:14 PM - 9 November, 2015
hello I can use lub fader f 5 in knobs and also the ear phone of sliding? how should I do this cleaning? I can put the right product on the rotating shaft?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:17 PM - 17 November, 2015
Yes.. the F5 solution can be used on any electrical contacts/pots/faders.
There shouldn't be any need to take the top panel off. Just spray it in the open spaces available.