DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Your Vehicle To Transport Your Equipment

ced_so_thoed 4:22 PM - 26 April, 2012
ay
Last year I traded my 2000 Cadillac Deville DTS for a 2005 Chevy Avalanche and I must say that to me it is the best vehicle to store or haul dj equipment. Now when I had my Lac, I had to turn the ignition on so the air suspension would kick in and rise the car up. The reason being is if I loaded the car first without letting the air suspension activate, the backend would sag. I had to play tetris in the trunk with the turntable coffin, duffle bags, speaker poles, fold away dolly, etc. And in the back seat I had to put the speakers, flat board for my misc dj stuff, and x stands. Had to lay a blanket down so I wouldn't fuck up the seats. Sometimes the speakers would hit up against the window and scratch the tint off. Also made the gas milage bad. Not to mention the rims lessend the mpg as well. Now that I have this Avalanche. I can load everything I have in the bed easily. The bed locks and is completly water proof. Has the option to lower the mid gate so I can make the bed longer. Plus in some areas that I have dj's at which basically I had to stay on the street and then carry my stuff through grass, I can just drive up and over. A friend of mine bought a commercial Chevy van and got a trailer but he has lights and trusses. And my other buddy has a Mazda SUV but he loses the back seat because he has to lay it down. I think a truck with a sealed bed is the best way to go. What do y'all use?
yep
Chrisjin 6:59 PM - 26 April, 2012
I love Tetris and because of that, I love hauling my stuff in a 1994 Ford Festiva. Great on gas too
ced_so_thoed 7:13 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
I love Tetris and because of that, I love hauling my stuff in a 1994 Ford Festiva. Great on gas too

ay
You know they discontinued that car because the big oil companies said that it would hurt their sales? Or at least that's what I heard.
yep
DJ Dac 8:29 PM - 26 April, 2012
or it was a death trap!
Chrisjin 8:31 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
or it was a death trap!

Gotta get that roll cage
ced_so_thoed 9:21 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
or it was a death trap!

Gotta get that roll cage

ay
death race mustang
yep
Dj JesC 12:48 AM - 27 April, 2012
97 Honda Accord aka the G-Ride
Papa Midnight 1:29 AM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
Ford Festiva

Damn, if you can fit equipment in there, I might go get a Geo Metro and just see what happens.
Then again, this will probably be the reaction when I arrive to the event: int.na.tl
Robert W 2:21 AM - 27 April, 2012
When i had my Dodge Intrepid, i could fit everything in the trunk. Decks, mixer, speakers & amp, and a few crates of wax. Gosh damn I Miss that car.
Papa Midnight 3:03 AM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
When i had my Dodge Intrepid, i could fit everything in the trunk. Decks, mixer, speakers & amp, and a few crates of wax.

I believe it. That was not a small car.
4mydawgz 1:48 PM - 27 April, 2012
Leased a Honda Civic last year. Wish I had went for something bigger.
Logisticalstyles 2:24 PM - 27 April, 2012
Jeep Grand Cherokee works for me. It has a trailer hitch in case I need to transport the subs.
DJ FaceMI 2:28 PM - 27 April, 2012
Traded in my CTS for a 2012 Silverado for the 'tetris' reason. Makes transporting equipment and the crew so much easier, but gas is a mofo lol
DJPrice_inMD 3:44 PM - 27 April, 2012
I have to concur on the Avalanche. I bought a Ford Explorer Sport Trac and it's been awesome. I am a mobile DJ so I often carry alot of equipment And I have been right on space before but it's always fit.
ced_so_thoed 4:16 PM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
Traded in my CTS for a 2012 Silverado for the 'tetris' reason. Makes transporting equipment and the crew so much easier, but gas is a mofo lol

ay
Yeah we probably have the same gas issue. Never let it get to E or you're looking at a $100 to get to F. My prices went up when I got the truck. But I like being able to load up and still have room for 4 people to ride comfortably.
yep

Quote:
I have to concur on the Avalanche. I bought a Ford Explorer Sport Trac and it's been awesome. I am a mobile DJ so I often carry alot of equipment And I have been right on space before but it's always fit.

ay
Yeah I think the covered bed is the best use because unlike an SUV, you can actually stand up and get something that may be at the front of the bed instead of stretching your body or going to a back door. Plus being able to lock it and leave equipment in over night is satisfying.
yep
str8nger 7:11 PM - 27 April, 2012
I use my Nissan rogue seats folded down i fit a 18" cva powered sub. 2 12" powered tops, speaker stands , light tree stand . All my lights 6 of them. My battle style coffin . My Xstand duffle Bag of cables. And I have room for a passenger
DJ FaceMI 7:37 PM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay

Yeah we probably have the same gas issue. Never let it get to E or you're looking at a $100 to get to F. My prices went up when I got the truck. But I like being able to load up and still have room for 4 people to ride comfortably.

yep

Yeah, I try not to let it past half a tank so I dont 'feel the hurt'. lol
lunizus 6:10 PM - 2 May, 2012
I Love my 2010 Scion Xb for this reason!

[IMG]i27.photobucket.com[/IMG]
ced_so_thoed 6:21 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:

ay
that looks good and organized. How long do you say it takes you to unload/load with setting up/breaking down?
yep
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:43 PM - 2 May, 2012
Ford Explorer for me...can fit 2 tops/2 subs, CD rack, poles, table, hand truck and have plenty of room for more!
dELfONiK 6:58 PM - 2 May, 2012
2004 Trailblazer. Can fit a lot of stuff, plus have the option to fold the back seats down if more room is needed.

I'm digging the new Explorers.
DJWALDO 8:22 PM - 2 May, 2012
2008 Corvette... 2 techs, 1 62, 1 bag and the top still fits in the hatch! (obviously I don't carry any sound lol)
hamplifier 9:35 PM - 2 May, 2012
toyota townace van for me , only cos its my day time work van and so now its my night time dj gear transporter , fits everything in like a dream
ced_so_thoed 10:02 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
2008 Corvette... 2 techs, 1 62, 1 bag and the top still fits in the hatch! (obviously I don't carry any sound lol)

ay
I wanted to get a vette but I was thinking of the cargo space being a problem. The I wanted to get a GTO but they kept selling the day I would find them. Ended up with a 528i and called it a day.
yep
R-Tistic 10:47 PM - 2 May, 2012
2003 Toyota Sequoia. It's perfect, not too nice to where it can get scratched up some. But nice enough to drive as an everyday car. But the gas SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS at 13 MPG.
ced_so_thoed 11:03 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
2003 Toyota Sequoia. It's perfect, not too nice to where it can get scratched up some. But nice enough to drive as an everyday car. But the gas SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS at 13 MPG.

ay
you had to get the biggest foreign suv ever built huh?
lol
yep
MikeyTee 11:18 PM - 2 May, 2012
2006 Scion XB. Just packed up for a wedding.

2 x qsc kw151's
speaker poles
coffin with 2 pioneer cdj 850k's rane ttm57sl
Table
Facade
2 gobo's
2 monitors
2 tv stands
box of hoola hoops lol

it is packed to the roof but hey it fits safe with pillows n blankets lol
DJ Fez 3:35 AM - 3 May, 2012
Had a nissan frontier pickup. definitely fit everything. having a covered bed, like avalanche style would be pretty sweet though, since with the open pickup i couldnt move subs if it rained (had everything else stacked in the seats)
lunizus 4:21 AM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
that looks good and organized. How long do you say it takes you to unload/load with setting up/breaking down?
yep

load unload i'd say 15 min or less.

setting up breaking down is a whole other topic
DJActionJackson 6:24 AM - 3 May, 2012
2001 Ford Expedition......

2 Behringer B215A
2 JBL JRX 115
1 Mackie SRM 18' Sub
1 QSC RMX 2450 Amp Rack
2 Tech 1200's in Road Cases
1 TTM57 SL in Road Case
4 Speaker Stands
1 10'foot lighting truss (4 5ft pieces in a bag)
2 Double Derby's
4 Intimidators
1 Strobe
1 4FT. LED lightbar
1 Suitcase with 4 Wireless Mics and Receiver
1 Light Controller
1 Backpack (Laptop, Stand Etc)
2 Duffle Bags full of wires

Fit that all in for a larger gig last night...... definitely a great gig truck but obviously sucks on gas.
Dj_Dropz_ 5:44 PM - 3 May, 2012
98 Civic hatchback... ppl are stunned to find out how much i can fit into that small ass car... then again its all about how good you are at playing "Tetris" with your equipment lol. Ill take a picture tomorrow before my gig for kicks but as far as what i can take it would be

2 Behringer b215a's
1 Qsc Ksub
Stacked TT flight cases & mixer
3 Chauvet LED Elan lights
Foldable dj table
Speaker stands
Light stands
and one milkcrate (aka Vinyl crate) filled with my wires and cables for
the speakers and lights.

Its my bare minimum setup but with this setup i can easily rock a medium sized hall of about
300-350 ppl with ease... All that in a lil ol Civic... (oh and gas if effin amazing on that thing lol)
DJ Dynamight 6:09 PM - 3 May, 2012
My Tahoe is only driven on the weekend (gigs & errands). She only needs gas about once a month :-D

www.djdynamight.com
Solidsnake 8:45 PM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
I use my Nissan rogue seats folded down i fit a 18" cva powered sub. 2 12" powered tops, speaker stands , light tree stand . All my lights 6 of them. My battle style coffin . My Xstand duffle Bag of cables. And I have room for a passenger

Just picked up a Rogue last week, and my new mobile system gets here tomorrow... 2 EV ELX115P's and 2 ELX118P's, hope it all fits! If not still have my truck and trailer, but would love to use the Rogue as its gas mileage is double my truck haha.
ced_so_thoed 10:59 PM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
98 Civic hatchback... ppl are stunned to find out how much i can fit into that small ass car... then again its all about how good you are at playing "Tetris" with your equipment lol. Ill take a picture tomorrow before my gig for kicks but as far as what i can take it would be

2 Behringer b215a's
1 Qsc Ksub
Stacked TT flight cases & mixer
3 Chauvet LED Elan lights
Foldable dj table
Speaker stands
Light stands
and one milkcrate (aka Vinyl crate) filled with my wires and cables for
the speakers and lights.

Its my bare minimum setup but with this setup i can easily rock a medium sized hall of about
300-350 ppl with ease... All that in a lil ol Civic... (oh and gas if effin amazing on that thing lol)

ay
my first car I used to haul my dj equipment in was a 1999 4 door Dodge Stratus and at that time I had 4 15" tops. Let it be known that I never took a chick home because I had speakers in every seat but the driver's seat. Same when I had a Caddilac STS. It sucked ass.
yep
DJ Quartz 1:13 AM - 4 May, 2012
2010 Ford Flex Limited

Perfect DJ Vehicle, I can transport my whole setup, sound system, light and video rig in it.

AWD for the winter months, heated seats and good quality built vehicle.

I'm very happy I got it.
DJ Draco 2:08 AM - 4 May, 2012
Been haulin in my 96 Cherokee for a long bit now. That's my war wagon skatin on 18's.
Maskrider 2:33 AM - 4 May, 2012
2012 Scion XB
DJ Reflex 3:48 AM - 4 May, 2012
I drive a school bus.
Papa Midnight 4:02 AM - 4 May, 2012
Quote:
I drive a school bus.

Beep, Beep, Beep-Beep!
Watchwww.youtube.com
lunizus 3:16 PM - 4 May, 2012
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!
DJ Draco 8:20 PM - 20 June, 2012
Well, just changed. Rollin in a black on black Expedition now.
ced_so_thoed 9:01 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

ay
sounds nice. Show a pic of it.
yep
DJ Draco 11:25 PM - 20 June, 2012
Yeah see if this link works
www.facebook.com
DJ Tracktion 12:38 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!

word! I have an '08. I like that it's not boxy looking like the first gen and i got the 5speed so i have fun with it as an everyday driver...and it fits maaaaaad shit in it. 15" tops, 18" sub, TT's, 57 in case, poles, lights, rock n rolla cart, wire bags, facade, uplights, backpack...and another passenger. Good gas mileage too.
Papa Midnight 12:56 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Yeah see if this link works
www.facebook.com

Quote:

In this heat? LOL :S
ced_so_thoed 2:51 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!

word! I have an '08. I like that it's not boxy looking like the first gen and i got the 5speed so i have fun with it as an everyday driver...and it fits maaaaaad shit in it. 15" tops, 18" sub, TT's, 57 in case, poles, lights, rock n rolla cart, wire bags, facade, uplights, backpack...and another passenger. Good gas mileage too.

ay
damn salesman... make me want to go get one
yep
DJ EZSMOOTH 4:52 AM - 21 June, 2012
2010 Jeep Commander
DJ Draco 7:27 AM - 21 June, 2012
At least the AC works
lunizus 8:37 PM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!

ay
yep

Xb is the shit. don't know how to fit a 18 sub, can you take a pic of the box full??
Papa Midnight 9:35 PM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!

ay
yep

Xb is the shit. don't know how to fit a 18 sub, can you take a pic of the box full??

I'd like to see a pic of that myself...
ced_so_thoed 9:50 PM - 22 June, 2012
ay
www.dje2.com
I can see how shit could fit in it.
yep
DJ Tracktion 6:34 AM - 23 June, 2012
Next time it is packed out i'll snap a pic of that...
Papa Midnight 8:25 AM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:

Cool. How's the suspension handle the weight?
Maskrider 4:39 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Scion XB

Perfect ride!!!

lol....I gotta see this coz i have 2 15 tops,lights,poles back pack a bag of cables a dolly and an extra Amp....
lunizus 5:51 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:

WORD
k2board2003 5:55 PM - 23 June, 2012
2001 Audi allroad. Back hatch doesn't open so it's really fun playing backwards tetras but it does have a lot of room.
O.B.1 6:51 PM - 23 June, 2012
peep the new whip! (that's old blue in the background)
www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=289023257801562&set=a.119105531460003.7982.100000816707093&type=3&theater
O.B.1 6:56 PM - 23 June, 2012
^^^^ doh!
try this link instead...

peep the new whip (that's old blue in the background)

s159.photobucket.com
Free Man 7:07 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
^^^^ doh!
try this link instead...

peep the new whip (that's old blue in the background)

s159.photobucket.com

I bet your gas milage is soooooo much better now! nice ride btw

I just bought a Chevy Express Van 3500!
ced_so_thoed 11:34 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
ay
www.dje2.com
I can see how shit could fit in it.
yep

ay
it looks if you set the tops upright you'd have more room than laying them on their side.
yep
DJ Tracktion 2:15 AM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
ay
it looks if you set the tops upright you'd have more room than laying them on their side.
yep

true story....

I have some one coming by to cop a pair of old peavey 18" subs i have...I might throw them in the whip right quick and take some pics first to show ya'll....It also might help to mention i was a 3 time world tetris champion when i was 17...(not a true story)
ced_so_thoed 3:19 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
It also might help to mention i was a 3 time world tetris champion when i was 17...(not a true story)

ay
but it sounds legit though
yep
DJ Tracktion 4:27 PM - 25 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
It also might help to mention i was a 3 time world tetris champion when i was 17...(a true story)

Ok, fixed
Papa Midnight 12:15 AM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It also might help to mention i was a 3 time world tetris champion when i was 17...(a true story)

Ok, fixed

Ahem...

5 Time! 5 Time! 5 Time! 5 Time! 5 Time, World Tetris Champion!
Now can you dig that?
(If you get the reference, you know what comes next xD)
ancientyouth 4:00 AM - 26 June, 2012
Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen tdi 48 mpg! 500+ miles on one tank
Wife in front seat
Seats folded down in back
2 jbl vrx 918
2 technics 1210 m5g in odysseys
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
1 rane 68 in pelican case
1 backpack with laptop, cables, misc.
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business
DJ Tracktion 4:10 AM - 26 June, 2012
I get it....but when i hear this..

Quote:
Now can you dig that?

...my first thought is always this - Watchwww.youtube.com
lunizus 7:57 AM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Wife in front seat
2 jbl vrx 918
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business

I wanna see
JDforKing 12:38 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Wife in front seat
2 jbl vrx 918
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business

I wanna see

Me too i don't believe this lol
Papa Midnight 1:20 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
I get it....but when i hear this..

Quote:
Now can you dig that?

...my first thought is always this - Watchwww.youtube.com

Well, Cyrus is the man, but no, that's not what I was referring to lol.
ancientyouth 2:27 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wife in front seat
2 jbl vrx 918
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business

I wanna see

Ill take a pic next time i do a small show, oh i use my freightliner for large shows lol
ced_so_thoed 3:50 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Wife in front seat
2 jbl vrx 918
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business

ay
that is must see tv
yep
Jay Nejati 4:00 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
97 Honda Accord aka the G-Ride

I can dig it!
Henry GQ 12:22 AM - 27 June, 2012
im trying to rock a 2000-20003 chevy astro or gmc safari. been on the hunt with no luck on a good price :/
ced_so_thoed 12:27 AM - 27 June, 2012
ay
where are you looking and what's your budget?
yep
Papa Midnight 7:11 AM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
im trying to rock a 2000-20003 chevy astro or gmc safari. been on the hunt with no luck on a good price :/

Quote:
ay
where are you looking and what's your budget?
yep

You guys might want to take that one to personal messaging. Just to be sure there's no problem with the thread being locked or you guys being warned for advertising a product or service.
Free Man 7:49 PM - 27 June, 2012
Watch that timeframe on the miles... the have a huge reputation for having rear differential issues. Preferably get something with a new transmission, engin and differential. also front suspension issues... Great van for DJ's though. you'll get roughly 17 miles per gallon with rear wheel drive and a V6
ced_so_thoed 7:53 PM - 27 June, 2012
ay
if it has the 4L60E transmission 6 times out of 10 it will go out. Mine did and I had to replace it. Shout out to Pep Boys. That transmission is in GM vehicles from 99 to 09.
yep
Free Man 7:56 PM - 27 June, 2012
^^^ What was the price?
ced_so_thoed 8:51 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
^^^ What was the price?

ay
$2508.26 including labor
yep
LilSwann 7:34 PM - 3 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wife in front seat
2 jbl vrx 918
2 qsc k8
1 folding table
Top roof rack
2 ev zxa5s
Serious business

I wanna see

Ill take a pic next time i do a small show, oh i use my freightliner for large shows lol

Still waiting to see this truly interested.
ancientyouth 10:17 PM - 3 July, 2012
I really want to show you, i had just done it..... The thing is i dont have anything small even lined up right now.......and i just got a new "small " system that wont fit in any car, and ill be using a 12 ft cargo trailer for my small stuff
I will say this .. The jetta sportwagen has more cargo space when you fold down the seats than a bmw x5 or a vw toureg........ Im not shitting you if the sportwagen were just 2 inches wider i could get 4 subs in there( i was honestly hoping to)......btw. i could get at least 4 possibly 6 subs in that scion lol
ced_so_thoed 10:20 PM - 3 July, 2012
Quote:
btw. i could get at least 4 possibly 6 subs in that scion lol

ay
speed bumps would tear the fenders off that thing though
yep
d:raf 5:05 PM - 13 September, 2012
'07 Hyundai Accent hatchback.

In the back:

2 JBL 15" Eons
1 JBL 10" Eon
2 Yorkville Y115P 15"
4 speaker stands
1 collapsible table
Allen & Heath Xone DX in a Gator case
Allen & Heath Xone 62 in a flight case
Audio cable bag
Electric cord/power strip bag

In the front:

Laptop bag
Headphone/mic/misc. equipment bag
Oddysey L-Stand

pic: www.dropbox.com
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:55 PM - 13 September, 2012
lol at Tetris
Papa Midnight 8:57 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Yorkville Y115P

Word, lol!
How far does your suspension drop when fully loaded? :P
lunizus 6:08 AM - 14 September, 2012
Quote:

In the back:

2 JBL 15" Eons
1 JBL 10" Eon
2 Yorkville Y115P 15"
4 speaker stands
1 collapsible table
Audio cable bag

In the front:

Laptop bag
Oddysey L-Stand

WORD!
d:raf 6:57 AM - 14 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Yorkville Y115P

Word, lol!
How far does your suspension drop when fully loaded? :P

Probably about 1/2 inch to an inch; I've never measured so that's a guesstimate at best...

I also have a pair of JBL MR-835's but I -hate- loading those in there; they're so heavy that just one makes driving noticeably less fun. I can't bring both at once unless I only bring 1 of the other speakers so I'll usually only use 1 of them as a sub when the gig calls for it.

I want a Rav 4 or an Outback...
Free Man 1:13 PM - 14 September, 2012
Got me one of these a few months ago...

upload.wikimedia.org

i'm going to paint it kind of like this

dyn4.media.forbiddenplanet.com
Taipanic 5:07 PM - 14 September, 2012
In my HHR Panel:

2 EV sx200
1 crown Amp
1 Yorkville LS801P
1 Mackie SRM8
1 Line6 Wireless Mic (original box)
1 Full size coffin (2 Denon HS5500s, Korg Zero4)
1 Coffin Stand (sometimes additional 4 or 6ft table)
1 padded floor mat
3 Ultimate Support Stands
2 Milk Crate size trunks for wires, controllers, etc...
1 Briefcase with Macbook, drives
2 Mic stands
1 Revo III
1 LED light bar
1 Dolly

Anything else would require use of the passenger seat. I really like the solenoid-activated rear (windowless) doors, auto start, and the 25mpg it gets. Anything bigger I use a trailer.
spiker6750 8:14 PM - 17 September, 2012
For any of you that own a scion xb, do you think you could fit:
2 - kw181's
2- kw12's
2 - srm-450s
2 - tech 1200's
TTM-57
Speaker Stands
Rockn Roller Cart

Most cars'/hatcbacks can fit the above items, minus the second kw181. In fact I do it almost weekly in my little old 96' Chrysler Cirrus. But, I would love to know what you xb owners think about adding that second sub....mind you it's not beyond me to strap one of those bad boys into the passengers seat if need be. lol
ced_so_thoed 12:53 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:

In the back:

2 JBL 15" Eons
1 JBL 10" Eon
2 Yorkville Y115P 15"
4 speaker stands
1 collapsible table
Audio cable bag

In the front:

Laptop bag
Oddysey L-Stand

ay
I really hope you unload that before you go to sleep.
yep
d:raf 2:09 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:

ay
I really hope you unload that before you go to sleep.
yep

salutations
I usually do when I get home before 4am, but I live out in the woods in a very rural area; I'm more wary of bears than thieves.
affirmative
DJ Tracktion 4:04 AM - 18 September, 2012
k 12's
Quote:
2 - kw181's
2- kw12's
2 - srm-450s
2 - tech 1200's
TTM-57
Speaker Stands
Rockn Roller Cart

Most cars'/hatcbacks can fit the above items, minus the second kw181. In fact I do it almost weekly in my little old 96' Chrysler Cirrus. But, I would love to know what you xb owners think about adding that second sub....mind you it's not beyond me to strap one of those bad boys into the passengers seat if need be. lol

K 12's or KW 122's?! There is a slight size difference between the two (bout 3 inches in height and an inch across n/m) Either way...I think it would be tight...but probably doable! Turntables and 57 would have to be in separate cases and not a coffin though (they could even fit in the passenger seat and have the whole back for the rest if needed.
spiker6750 4:11 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
k 12's
Quote:
2 - kw181's
2- kw12's
2 - srm-450s
2 - tech 1200's
TTM-57
Speaker Stands
Rockn Roller Cart

K 12's or KW 122's?! There is a slight size difference between the two (bout 3 inches in height and an inch across n/m) Either way...I think it would be tight...but probably doable! Turntables and 57 would have to be in separate cases and not a coffin though (they could even fit in the passenger seat and have the whole back for the rest if needed.

No the K 12's...

I've also been looking at the 2013 Hyundai Elantra Touring. Max cargo space is a little smaller, but overall it looks comparable to the scion. If anything the Elantra looks like a better choice. I'll have to take a trip to my local dealers this weekend.
ParisCreative 3:03 AM - 8 September, 2013
This is a thread that should not have been stopped. I am currently using my '09 GTI to haul:

Rane 62 + SC3900s in Odyssey case
Mackie 450s
Speaker Stands
4' Table (although I just witched to an Odyssey stand)
Uplights
Cables

Problem is I want to add subs and eventually trusses and more lights, and no way the GTI can handle that. I may trade in for a Honda Element, A4 wagon, or something larger since this would be my daily driver.

plus.google.com
DJ VEE 12:52 PM - 8 September, 2013
I have a 2001 Dodge ram, and I can actually haul a ton of stuff. Mind you the gas mileage.... 15mpg.... I would bitch about that, but reading on this thread, I guess I'm right about there with some of you guys. I have 4 QSC tops (2x K12 2x HPR series 12"). All of them fit in the back seat and I can actually strap the down so the do t move around. We have dit a TON of stuff in that thing... Sometimes is was a Tetris game but hey... The problem... I have 2 HPR181 subs. The truck has a hard cap on the back instead of a taneau cover which opens and closes like a trunk lid. Well the HPR's are too tall to close the cover. So if it rains or the gig is far away it gets tricky, you never know what the weather will do. The solution... My wife's 2011 caravan with "stow and go". ( she doesn't like that solution all of the time , LOL). Gets about 22 - 24 mpg, and you can fit a lot of suff in there too. ( of course it's a rolling purse on wheels for her so emptying it out before I have to use it is sometimes worse than hauling the gear around , LOL) seriously though, not a bad vehicle for moving around DJ gear at all.
dj jamalot 4:51 PM - 8 September, 2013
I just use my pimped out Escalade EXT it hauls 1200 / 57 coffin
Custom Stand
4 JBL EONS
1 Mackie Sw 1801
Lights / Speakerstands
And 1 fine ass female of my choice...
 6 4:53 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Custom Stand
4 JBL EONS
1 Mackie Sw 1801
Lights / Speakerstands

This dude is such a liar. In the other thread he is talking about controllers he uses for all his gigs and how the 1200's never leave the house. Now he is posting this?

you need to remember what lies you're telling buddy.

lol

nm
dj jamalot 4:55 PM - 8 September, 2013
No I actually use all the equip listed do u wanna see pics or come by my house ? Speak what u know Dumass!
dj jamalot 4:55 PM - 8 September, 2013
Put up or shut up
dj jamalot 4:56 PM - 8 September, 2013
Troll
the_black_one 4:59 PM - 8 September, 2013
Called out!!!! #BOOOOOOM

NM NH
dj jamalot 5:02 PM - 8 September, 2013
That's my big boy dj setup I do have ns7's and DDJ SX that I also use I'm not broke and I have lots of rigs don't hate and I can show you whatever you would like to see since your all on my nuts... I can take you to the clubs I spin at as well whenever your in Monterey come see me....
dj jamalot 5:03 PM - 8 September, 2013
Black one yes man???
 6 5:03 PM - 8 September, 2013
Aww. Did I upset you so much that you had to go on a post rampage?

hehehehehe

nm
Papa Midnight 5:04 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Custom Stand
4 JBL EONS
1 Mackie Sw 1801
Lights / Speakerstands

This dude is such a liar. In the other thread he is talking about controllers he uses for all his gigs and how the 1200's never leave the house. Now he is posting this?

you need to remember what lies you're telling buddy.

lol

nm

Not for nothing jamalot, but he definitely did call you on your own post: serato.com. I'm not going to call you out, but the burden of proof is on you here :P
dj jamalot 5:04 PM - 8 September, 2013
Some people just love drama, #getalife
the_black_one 5:05 PM - 8 September, 2013
He mad!!!!!!

NM NH
the_black_one 5:06 PM - 8 September, 2013
You need a large truck to carry all your controllers... LOL

NM NH
dj jamalot 5:07 PM - 8 September, 2013
I don't have to lie to kick it I speak what I know you guys crack me up does everyone perpetrate here no real ones?
dj jamalot 5:07 PM - 8 September, 2013
Not really I use one at a time
dj jamalot 5:09 PM - 8 September, 2013
No I bought a large truck for times I need to look the part like some you... I make the same money with my controllers or my 1200's no difference! And the controllers pay for the truck,
 6 5:09 PM - 8 September, 2013
Hey, I didn't say it. You did. Just keep your lies straight buddy an you might do okay in this forum and in real life.

nm
dj jamalot 5:11 PM - 8 September, 2013
And if you really need to see pm me and I'll FaceTime real time and show you what I'm working with now the burden of proof is on who??? I don't have to lie to kick it My pockets is fat!
dj jamalot 5:13 PM - 8 September, 2013
As you were son I'm waiting...lets see who's lying???
 6 5:20 PM - 8 September, 2013
Again, I could care less what you use or have or carry or whatever. It's not what I said BUT WHAT YOU SAID. I just called you on what you had said previously and now on this thread. I don't need to see anything. If you like to FaceTime, there are a ton of little kids who would take you up on that offer.

I'm just suggesting you keep your lies straight so you can get by. Just a little advice.

nm
 6 5:21 PM - 8 September, 2013
...And get an education while you're at it.

nm
dj jamalot 5:27 PM - 8 September, 2013
I have lots of equipment unlike you I'm not new to this I've been doing this since you was a kid. And I'm still here, and if you spent more time practicing you might make some money and be where I'm at no education required I think I have my 6th grade promotion I'm good.
dj jamalot 5:28 PM - 8 September, 2013
Just as I thought all talk hide behind your screen you ask me to show you and you back down or should I use a more primitive form Skype...!
dj jamalot 5:29 PM - 8 September, 2013
6 typical troll!
 6 5:34 PM - 8 September, 2013
What's funny is that a) I didn't just start. b) I already told you I could care less about what you have or don't have and here is the kicker

Wait for it

Wait for it

When I first suggested you battle someone who was going against you to prove yourself you said you didn't need to that you could compare bank accounts. (Sooo childish)

Yet, now you want to FaceTime me? lmao

How about you FaceTime the whole forum your skills on the 1200's since, after all, that's what started this whole thing.

Come on buddy. Post a video since you're so FaceTime hungry and all. Record yourself on the 1200's and post it.

Now if all you wanted was to chat. Like I said, there are a ton of teens that would take you up on that offer.

Until you post a video of your skills on the 1200's is bye bye princess

;-)

nm
dj jamalot 5:34 PM - 8 September, 2013
There's a degree for djing and I thought you learned in your bedroom??? I gotta get me a Troll name like 6 untraceable no links just talk mess and hide typical troll he's probably a great one hand typer...
dj jamalot 5:37 PM - 8 September, 2013
Bring your camera I'm at the presidio of Monterey every weekend yes every weekend and you can take notes all night long I don't do video I do cash or checks.
 6 5:38 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Bring your camera I'm at the presidio of Monterey every weekend yes every weekend and you can take notes all night long I don't do video I do cash or checks.

Oh so now all of a sudden face time isn't available on your computer.

Just

I

Thought

/murder

nm
dj jamalot 5:39 PM - 8 September, 2013
Oh wait I do video... Every weekend I'm in the video mixx on my controller that's. the booth in my avatar.
 6 5:39 PM - 8 September, 2013
djtalksalot "FaceTime now!"

5 seconds later

djtalksalot "I don't do video"

lmfao

nm
dj jamalot 5:40 PM - 8 September, 2013
Godda run loser you hang with your computer I have a life cya!
 6 5:40 PM - 8 September, 2013
Bye bye princess

nm
dj jamalot 5:41 PM - 8 September, 2013
That's mr princess on the check Troll!
DJ Reflex 6:00 PM - 8 September, 2013
This is good...

dj jamalot - I got a question for you...

Why are you so passionate about letting everyone know that you roll in expensive cars, use expensive gear, and drop large deposits into your bank account on a regular basis? Does anyone really care? This forum is about DJ stuff and promoting the biz, not a chest-pounding exhibition to flaunt your bling. There ARE threads about showcasing your gear (serato.com) if you like and also plenty of pages dedicated to your mixes. Just wondering why you are all over the place slamming other guys who are hard working DJs just because they aren't over 55 years old and ready to retire on DJ money alone?
If you are gonna talk smack, then be prepared for fall-out. I'm a mobile DJ myself and know not to run my mouth among club DJs and DMC champs here. I do what I do and have fun at it, but don't shoot off the lips with dudes who do it differently. You might want to take notes.
dj jamalot 6:01 PM - 8 September, 2013
To all that don't come here for drama I applaud you my club goer's and club owners judge me I could care less about some no name irrelevant Dj who says he's better. I hear that every week and I just keep putting together good sets and keep collecting checks and buying more gear I guess it does take skills to pay the bills...
DJ Reflex 6:02 PM - 8 September, 2013
BTW - my old, rusty Dodge Dakota is getting near the end of its useful life. I got to look for a new ride. I was thinking about another truck, but maybe a trailer to boot. I got more lights now than I can hold it the truck anyway.
dj jamalot 6:04 PM - 8 September, 2013
Reflex I hear you and I'm in no way boasting the thread was about what we use to haul our gear I used to have a rusty old gmc cargo van but I've downsized a little to my cadillac truck...
 6 6:06 PM - 8 September, 2013
The only drama here is the one you create yourself. It's as simple as that. Your attitude stinks. Hang in here a little longer and you might recognize who is who on this board.

Oh and you best believe that your assumptions about a lot of people here are already incorrect.

nm
DJ Reflex 6:07 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Reflex I hear you and I'm in no way boasting the thread was about what we use to haul our gear I used to have a rusty old gmc cargo van but I've downsized a little to my cadillac truck...

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I see you all over the place on the forum. I hear ya on the gear and I'm glad that you can rock a show - that's what it's all about. But why rub the money issue in everyone's face?
dj jamalot 6:07 PM - 8 September, 2013
I get enough drama from my kids I don't come here for drama
dj jamalot 6:10 PM - 8 September, 2013
Hey I work hard for mine not rubbing anything in anyone's face I've paid my dues now I'm reaping my rewards I guess I'm doing pretty good for a no talent uneducated DJ...
 6 6:12 PM - 8 September, 2013
Tons of people are doing great on this forum and have the knowledge and skills to back themselves up.

The only difference is we are not constantly bragging about it.

nm
dj jamalot 6:24 PM - 8 September, 2013
I didn't no I was bragging mr 6 I will dumb it down from now on I won't mention cashing checks I will silently scan and deposit from now on my sincerest apologies.
 6 6:24 PM - 8 September, 2013
and look at here... found footage of djtalksalot!!!!

I thought you had skills man! All this braggin' for nothing.

You have the right to shut up and not say a damn thing.

nm

www.turntablemix.com
dj jamalot 6:47 PM - 8 September, 2013
Man whatever you have wayy to much time on your hands why don't you use some of that energy to get a gig or two then you don't have too worry about how much money your not making... Isn't there a football game you could be watching...go Raiders!!!
dj jamalot 6:48 PM - 8 September, 2013
Who is that that's not me wow #loser.
dj jamalot 6:49 PM - 8 September, 2013
I actually played that last night they love it and a few of his more obscure tracks :-) but you wouldn't know anything about that because you don't have a gig!!!
dj jamalot 6:51 PM - 8 September, 2013
With a name like 6 I bet your phone is ringing off the hook... Or are the calling for 9???
 6 6:55 PM - 8 September, 2013
Man. You can't even take a joke. lol

nm
 6 6:58 PM - 8 September, 2013
Here: You better read this before you get into a lot of trouble

serato.com
dj jamalot 6:59 PM - 8 September, 2013
Yes I can take a joke I've been taking them for a while from a no name irrelevant dj named 6 or is it 8 idk some loser.
dj jamalot 7:30 PM - 8 September, 2013
s1294.photobucket.com hers my truck now talk shit, I'm no broke ass DJ!
Dj Wunder 7:30 PM - 8 September, 2013
Ok, just as an outside perspective:

dj jamalot, I have no doubt that your DJ business is quite successful right now, and your skills are on point. As a totally unbiased viewer, with no dog in this fight, you come off like a rank amateur. "Blustering fool" would be my opinion, based soley on your posts in this thread (oh, and the ones from the other thread that 6 pointed out). I'm sure you're a decent fella and a helluva DJ, but you have to realize that if you come off this way nobody is going to pay much heed. I can say this because I've been known to come off this way myself, and I've had to learn to adjust in order to be heard and garner respect. Not just here on these random ass forums but elsewhere in the real world.

6, you should known better, I mean:
Quote:
I don't have to lie to kick it My pockets is fat!
Dj Wunder 7:31 PM - 8 September, 2013
Here's my last whip, and an ex-gf...

jerrygarrett.files.wordpress.com
dj jamalot 7:32 PM - 8 September, 2013
Now shut da fuk up yeah it's a pimped out ext cuz we eatin over trick!
DJ Reflex 7:32 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Here's my last whip, and an ex-gf...

jerrygarrett.files.wordpress.com

Nice - Good bye rusty Dodge Dakota... here comes my new ride!
dj jamalot 7:34 PM - 8 September, 2013
Call it what you want I'm not here for friends no nu friends we don't play that...
dj jamalot 7:37 PM - 8 September, 2013
And it's paid for pink slip in hand or do you need a pic of that as well LMFAO!
Dj Wunder 7:41 PM - 8 September, 2013
Now I'm offended jamalot. I don't think you read my long post, and I did all that just for your benefit. All good deeds....
dj jamalot 7:56 PM - 8 September, 2013
Nope just tired of people talking about stuff they have no knowledge of if I say i have it then I have it I don't lie to kick it better yet now I don't care because a lot of peeps lie on here Why??? To be something their not we didn't grow up that way that's like lying on your D£$k... Sad
the_black_one 8:03 PM - 8 September, 2013
Jamalot. ..... Please remove the rest of the sand .... It is causing discomfort

NM NH
Dj Wunder 8:07 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:

Is that your truck or 'hers'?
dj jamalot 8:19 PM - 8 September, 2013
@ the black wannabe you like it ruff & raw @ wunder it's mine at leat til next month when I get my nu one... Get ya money up I may make you a deal!
dj jamalot 8:20 PM - 8 September, 2013
Sorry typing on my ipad on the go
DJ Reflex 8:21 PM - 8 September, 2013
I wasn't going to do this... especially on a Sunday afternoon after church... but...

jamalot - You've got some serious grammar issues going on! Do you even know what punctuation is? How about proper sentence structure? I know it's only a DJ forum, but come on - you got to at least make an effort.
 6 8:24 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Now I'm offended jamalot. I don't think you read my long post, and I did all that just for your benefit. All good deeds....

Don't be offended. Can't educate the uneducated.

nm
 6 8:30 PM - 8 September, 2013
I also think he is bipolar. One minute he is apologizing. The next minute he is flying off the handle.

I'm going to say it one more time. Hopefully this time it sinks in but I doubt it. I have never once I said I cared about what you have or how much you make. Not a single time.

All I did was point out your little lie about having your turntables never leave your house when on the other posts you've made you were bragging about how all you use is controllers. Then you post in here that you transport your 57 and 1200's to gigs and so forth. All this came out of you, not me.

Then, you say you have better things to do than posting on a forum and yet you post a bunch of times with your little tirade.

I suggest you take your meds, think before you type. Go back to school. Get an education and when you've done all that. Think again before you post so it doesn't seem like you're lying left and right.

Oh yeah. And I forgot to mention the whole thing about wanting to FaceTime yet he later said he doesn't do videos.

Can't make this stuff up.

The forum. Delivering since 2004.

nm
the_black_one 8:38 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
@ the black wannabe you like it ruff & raw @ wunder it's mine at leat til next month when I get my nu one... Get ya money up I may make you a deal!

Please put on your yellow helmet before you leave the house.

NM NH
dj jamalot 8:44 PM - 8 September, 2013
At first you said I didn't have equipment or a Cadillac truck to haul it I show you pics your trying to save face Internet tuff guy keep perpetrating fake it till you make it would you like to see pics of all my toys when all you have done is run your mouth your a broke ass bedroom dj keep at it and your mom might let you have the big room...
dj jamalot 8:46 PM - 8 September, 2013
I have a storage unit full of the fruits of my labor all in excellent shape because I just buy more get your money up son if you can't run with the bigg dawgs then enjoy the view from your bedroom.
the_black_one 8:48 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
I have a storage unit full of the fruits of my labor all in excellent shape because I just buy more get your money up son if you can't run with the bigg dawgs then enjoy the view from your bedroom.

makes no sense .....

NM NH
dj jamalot 8:50 PM - 8 September, 2013
6 when you become 8 hit me up until then miss me with your garbage ditto for blackie I have so much stuff that's where you store it nice and secure but you probably don't have anything so you wouldn't know get ya weight up son...
the_black_one 8:51 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
6 when you become 8 hit me up until then miss me with your garbage ditto for blackie I have so much stuff that's where you store it nice and secure but you probably don't have anything so you wouldn't know get ya weight up son...

still makes no sense

NM NH
dj jamalot 8:52 PM - 8 September, 2013
Umm nice comeback broke ass loser!
the_black_one 8:54 PM - 8 September, 2013
LOL @ broke ass loser......

U mad!!!!!

NM NH
dj jamalot 8:55 PM - 8 September, 2013
Not even bro your not worth it get your money up then come holla @ me.
 6 8:58 PM - 8 September, 2013
bipolar disorder

nm
diabiolique 9:15 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Ford Festiva

Damn, if you can fit equipment in there, I might go get a Geo Metro and just see what happens.
Then again, this will probably be the reaction when I arrive to the event: int.na.tl

Lol a geo metro! Hope youre doing gigs with some mackie th15s or a boom box lol
diabiolique 9:22 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
At first you said I didn't have equipment or a Cadillac truck to haul it I show you pics your trying to save face Internet tuff guy keep perpetrating fake it till you make it would you like to see pics of all my toys when all you have done is run your mouth your a broke ass bedroom dj keep at it and your mom might let you have the big room...

I have love for the bedroom dj's
Joee 9:27 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:

not feeling the whitewall gold pinstripe look, it more for a sedan & not a truck

Quote:
Quote:

I have love for the bedroom dj's

we all started there
DJ VEE 10:23 PM - 8 September, 2013
Oh boy.... Hey, maybe there can be a battle on who can load and unload their gear on and off their vehicles. That might bring us back closer to the original idea of this thread... LOL!
dj jamalot 10:27 PM - 8 September, 2013
The original topic was hijacked long ago by a hater who knows nothing so I show my ride he gets on another tangent he just loves to hate because he doesn't have shit I havnt seen his ride yet gotta luv them haters!
 6 11:13 PM - 8 September, 2013
You seriously think this is about a ride? You're more retarded than I previously thought.

lmao

nm
the_black_one 11:16 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
You seriously think this is about a ride? You're more retarded than I previously thought.

lmao

nm

LMFAO!!!!! **** cue in jeorge lopez TA TA RA*****
Joee 11:29 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

lmao

nm

LMFAO!!!!! **** cue in jeorge lopez TA TA RA*****

isn't it di di diiiii?
dj jamalot 11:47 PM - 8 September, 2013
And you boys have wasted the majority of the day on your hate fest I've really enjoyed this and retarded or mentally challenged call it what you want it's just words son at the end of the day your still a broke ass bedroom dj and I'm still cashin checks in my escalade truck or my HEMI charger R/T on 24's yeah I'm retarded and your still broke lmao!
dj jamalot 11:52 PM - 8 September, 2013
[IMG]i1294.photobucket.com[/IMG] here's another of my cars hate on suckas!
dj jamalot 11:53 PM - 8 September, 2013
Yea buddy not to bad for a retard maybe you should ride the yellow bus too...
Joee 11:56 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
[IMG]i1294.photobucket.com[/IMG] here's another of my cars hate on suckas!

now those rims look better than the ones on the truck

Quote:
Yea buddy not to bad for a retard maybe you should ride the yellow bus too...

ok wait! are you admitting something here?
dj jamalot 12:00 AM - 9 September, 2013
Yeah that you moms needs a rich dude
[IMG]i1294.photobucket.com[/IMG]
dj jamalot 12:02 AM - 9 September, 2013
Hate on broke bitche$$$$
Joee 12:10 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

you know you are one stupid dude.....lol i'm not the one talking sh!t about you i just made a comment that the rims on the truck look BADDDDDD!!!! in my opinion but to each his own, now the rims on that sh!ty charger look much better

with all those $100 bills you shouls upgrade your old @ss pre unibody macbook pro
Quote:
Hate on broke bitche$$$$

no need to hate i drive a Brand New car not one of the old american peaces of junk & have plenty of those bills in the bank

make sure you put your life savings back in the bank tomorrow!
lunizus 12:10 AM - 9 September, 2013
Now Im left behind. What does "NM NH" mean?

As for the ride, We picked up a Chevrolet Traverse. Great ride and the space is awesome!!. Still have the scion, which is now the wifeys' car, but it did its purpose and could hold a lot when rear seat was down.

Having the bench 2nd row and the 3rd row down, it has given me the option to now buy a sub and not have to worry about tying it down to the roof of the scion, JK LOL

But seriously, if you are a family man, and want ride but also the space and not want to worry about getting a truck with a tonneau cover, this car is for you! (or Acadia, Enclave or Outlook)
Papa Midnight 12:38 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

No homo, no misquote. All these guys say it because they like to change each others quotes as jokes.

Quote:

You know, I'm not really involved in this and it doesn't bother me one way or another, but why is it that you feel the need to pump your chest and flash your money online to dudes you don't even know and will likely never meet in person? Do you really have that low a level of self-esteem about yourself that you have to brag about how much money you do or don't have to other people on the internet? Are you really that insecure with yourself?

If that is not the case, then it's just disgraceful to observe; especially the way you seem to get off on showing how much better you are (or perceive yourself to be) than others. I'm reminded of a centuries old quote from the Earl of Chesterfield: "The characteristic of a well-bred man is, to converse with his inferiors without insolence, and with his superiors with respect, and with ease." Stated more simply: "If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
dj jamalot 12:40 AM - 9 September, 2013
That old ass 2.0 ghz MacBook is on for email son it's old and still works great so I keep it around I have a17 in I7 in my avatar that I use for work thanks and not my life saving more like 2 weeks pay son thanks.
Joee 12:46 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No homo, no misquote. All these guys say it because they like to change each others quotes as jokes.

Quote:

You know, I'm not really involved in this and it doesn't bother me one way or another, but why is it that you feel the need to pump your chest and flash your money online to dudes you don't even know and will likely never meet in person? Do you really have that low a level of self-esteem about yourself that you have to brag about how much money you do or don't have to other people on the internet? Are you really that insecure with yourself?

If that is not the case, then it's just disgraceful to observe; especially the way you seem to get off on showing how much better you are (or perceive yourself to be) than others. I'm reminded of a centuries old quote from the Earl of Chesterfield: "The characteristic of a well-bred man is, to converse with his inferiors without insolence, and with his superiors with respect, and with ease." Stated more simply: "If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

^this is how a intelligent person speaks!

Quote:
That old ass 2.0 ghz MacBook is on for email son it's old and still works great so I keep it around I have a17 in I7 in my avatar that I use for work thanks and not my life saving more like 2 weeks pay son thanks.

^this is how someone with limited intelligence speakes ;)
DJ GaFFle 12:47 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

But seriously, if you are a family man, and want ride but also the space and not want to worry about getting a truck with a tonneau cover, this car is for you! (or Acadia, Enclave or Outlook)

That's what I wonder when I see DJ's with pickup trucks. It doesn't make sense to me to get them because uncovered gear is a target for thievery. If you have a locking cargo trailer, that's something different. I'd probably only get a pickup truck if I was doing a lot of yard work and use a cargo trailer for my gig stuff... that way, I can safely lock and leave most of that gear in the trailer on the regular.
 6 1:03 AM - 9 September, 2013
For anyone of my posts, he posts 5 out of anger (or lack of self esteem as it has been pointed out).

Pure comedy. lol

nm
DJ Reflex 1:42 AM - 9 September, 2013
^^ We need to open a new thread for this. ^^
d:raf 1:59 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
This is a thread that should not have been stopped.

Careful what you ask for... lulz.
the_black_one 2:04 AM - 9 September, 2013
We are at a 6.... We can take it to 10 !!!!

NM NH
DJ EZSMOOTH 3:26 AM - 9 September, 2013
ahahaha. Just spent the better half of the last 20 minutes reading this whole thing (more entertaining than I could have hoped for) and THIS is the best quote of the whole damn thing:

Quote:
We are at a 6.... We can take it to 10 !!!!

NM NH

Props.
DJ Dac 5:20 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

That's what I wonder when I see DJ's with pickup trucks. It doesn't make sense to me to get them because uncovered gear is a target for thievery. If you have a locking cargo trailer, that's something different. I'd probably only get a pickup truck if I was doing a lot of yard work and use a cargo trailer for my gig stuff... that way, I can safely lock and leave most of that gear in the trailer on the regular.

I use to have a pick up and I HATED having to transport all my gear with it. I would get really paranoid as I was loading/unloading at the venue, and if it rained I would have to tarp it all down and that never worked. Also tie down options were not always the best for the little things that I tuck into the SUV now. Now if I have to bring out all my gear I just rent a 20 dollar uhaul trailer.

And Jamalot, Congrats for making this the thread of the month...
Joee 2:44 PM - 9 September, 2013
back on topic i roll with a 2012 honda crosstour like this--> en.wikipedia.org

some people think it's ugly most people like it, it gets the job done fit's a nice amount of gear when you drop the back seats
DJ Mozo 2:54 PM - 9 September, 2013
I have a 2012 Scion XB, I fit my 2 technics in flight cases, mixer, 2 12' speakers(previously was my bootleg 18/15/horn tower) 3 tri-pods, mixer, laptop bag with cables etc, my table, and all table covers etc. Along with my subwoofer that's always in my car.. I used to fit all of this in my 2005 Ford Focus ZX3, even then, I sometimes had an extra person in the passenger seat.. That was a tetris game all in itself lol
 6 3:24 PM - 9 September, 2013
The Scion xB's are great for DJ's because their square shape allows for extra room Tetris style. I've sold mine 06 and got me a 2013 Ford Flex. Same concept just bigger. Definitely better than a pick up as it is enclosed against the rain, etc.

nm
DJ Reflex 10:11 PM - 9 September, 2013
All you peeps with pick-up trucks (including me), have you ever heard of an enclosed cap? I am reading all these guys worried about rain and dudes stealing stuff...

Get a cap and you problems are solved. You can still haul 2x4's and plywood and the like as well as your DJ gear. A nice plastic bedliner helps everything slide in and out real nice too.
 6 10:14 PM - 9 September, 2013
When I had a truck, I put a tonneau cover on it since I didn't do mobiles where I had to be carrying a whole PA system. I was basically hauling turntables, mixer and records at the time. It was perfect.

nm
DJ Reflex 10:16 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
When I had a truck, I put a tonneau cover on it since I didn't do mobiles where I had to be carrying a whole PA system. I was basically hauling turntables, mixer and records at the time. It was perfect.

nm

Good call. I take my entire rig and I am running out of room for all my lights. I had to offer clients either one light option or the other. You can't get both!
DJ VEE 10:19 PM - 9 September, 2013
I have a pick up with a taneau type cover but its solid, not flexible. Instead of rolling, it opens up on hinges like a trunk. It is good for keeping things safe and dry. The only problem is when I haul one or both of the HPR181's. can't close the cover all the way.
 6 10:46 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
I have a pick up with a taneau type cover but its solid, not flexible. Instead of rolling, it opens up on hinges like a trunk. It is good for keeping things safe and dry. The only problem is when I haul one or both of the HPR181's. can't close the cover all the way.

Yeah. That's the way I'm talking about. Definitely not for carrying speakers that you can't lay on their side.

nm
DJ VEE 10:59 PM - 9 September, 2013
LOL! That is the case with them on their side. That's when the wife's Caravan with Sto-N-Go comes in real handy :)
 6 11:19 PM - 9 September, 2013
Well, I mean... more subs are almost square, so putting them on their side doesn't do any good. lol

nm
dj_soo 2:26 AM - 10 September, 2013
I have a toyota camry hybrid (which makes the trunk smaller due to the battery).

Packed to the tits, I can fit:

Back seat:

2 15" subs in seats
5 stands footwell
small dolly and small table - between subs and front seats
62 in flight case

Trunk:

2 K12s
1 8" speaker
62 in flight case or Rubbermaid container full of cables
DJ bag
Controller bag

Passenger seat

2 10" speakers in footwell
2 turntables in flight cases on the seat

That would be my full wedding or underground party rig - generally, I bring considerably less gear tho.

There's room for a few more odds and ends - I could conceivably stuff some small lights in various spaces as well...
diabiolique 2:35 AM - 10 September, 2013
Well i dont see me putting anything in my car like you do your camry!! Im not trying to rip my leather seats....lol but I am about to purchase a F250, im sure thatll carry my equipment just fine!
DJ VEE 2:36 AM - 10 September, 2013
Now that sounds like the Tetris world championship all star games right there...
diabiolique 2:40 AM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
Now that sounds like the Tetris world championship all star games right there...

👍👍
Taipanic 2:33 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:

I am the Champion of Auto Tetris!
A recent gig, fully loaded up my HHR Panel:
2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
2 Duffels with other Accessories
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat
jprime 4:05 PM - 10 September, 2013
Volvo V70 XC here. Works great, nice winter tires and AWD help get up the ski hill for winter gigs :P
ancientyouth 4:47 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat

Thats what im talkin about.... I believe sir , you are in the lead.....
DJ VEE 5:43 PM - 10 September, 2013
I think he is.
d:raf 6:07 PM - 10 September, 2013
If he's not careful, all his gear may disappear when he puts the last piece in.
DJ VEE 6:13 PM - 10 September, 2013
Just had a thought. Never mind when he loads the gear in, but when he is taking everything out... Endless gear just coming out of this smaller vehicle with no possible end in sight. Kinda like the clowns at a circus coming out of that small car... LOL!
Sorry. Just a funny random visual I had.
Taipanic 7:14 PM - 10 September, 2013
LOL at clown car. My little truck was at it's limit for sure. Next up is a bigger SUV & trailer - cannot fit two large subs in the HHR at the same time, also tired of lifting the LS800 in and out by myself. Will miss the 26mpg I average in the HHR. I also like it having no windows - keeps it cool inside and discrete.
DJ VEE 7:26 PM - 10 September, 2013
I get a whopping 15mpg in my 2001 Dodge Ram (ouch). There is a trade off. We had a few gigs over the course of a weekend prior to Labor Day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night so I was gone for a few days and they were calling for severe rain. Having to take the subs and not being able to close the cap, I took the wife's mini van. I was averaging 24 - 25 mpg! I was pretty loaded down. It was also highway driving for the most part, but that was pretty good I thought. Especially with all the room for all the equipment. The gigs were about 175 miles away. Some driving in between the events during the weekend and back home on one tank. I did not think that was bad. The van has a 3.5 L V6.
DJ GaFFle 9:15 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
I get a whopping 15mpg in my 2001 Dodge Ram (ouch). There is a trade off. We had a few gigs over the course of a weekend prior to Labor Day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night so I was gone for a few days and they were calling for severe rain. Having to take the subs and not being able to close the cap, I took the wife's mini van. I was averaging 24 - 25 mpg! I was pretty loaded down. It was also highway driving for the most part, but that was pretty good I thought. Especially with all the room for all the equipment. The gigs were about 175 miles away. Some driving in between the events during the weekend and back home on one tank. I did not think that was bad. The van has a 3.5 L V6.

So would you say that having a pickup truck for a mobile DJ is not ideal? This is from a hauling aspect... not towing.
DJ VEE 10:00 PM - 10 September, 2013
I would probably lean more towards the truck. That's probably personal preferences . There are draw backs with a pick up truck, yes. But also pluses. I like the fact that I can actually stand up in the bed if I need to and reach the equipment . With a van or covered bed, you are hunched over, ( my back is not in the greatest of shapes, as I imagine there are quite a few of us in the same boat with that one). Same with an SUV. I can fit all four of my tops in the back seat ( extended cab), along with my 1200's or the 900's, and mixer, (all in separate flight cases. I have also fit the 1200's, along with my old Denon 3500's, ( the 900's are now in the cases I used for the Denons so they would fit), but then the tops have to go in the bed. Along with the decks, mixer, and the four tops ( if I need all four ), I can fit my Traktor S2 controller (I got it new for a really good promo price and sometimes take it along as a quick plug and play back up just in case) which is in a separate case, my briefcase and some odds and ends. The backpack with the laptops go on the front seat. In the back I can load the lighting truss, the bag with all my stands and tee bars, cables, lights and so on. The problem comes in if I have to take the HPR181's. I have two, but the fills a is the same if I take one or two of them. I cannot fully close the hard cover (taneau type on hinges). I would probably not have this problem if it was a roll type taneau cover because that would probably stretch a little and seal everything up. The other plus about having a truck ; we also have the Yorkville Elite series ( cannot remember the model number right now), but the 21" subs x 2 with the 15" tops x 2. They are big heavy boxes. It is nicer to be able to load those on the tailgate, hop in the bed and slide and manouver them around while standing . Along with those we also fit in the Yorkville EX1 and EX2 systems in the bed with room for lights and stands and a truss. A minivan or an SUV will only fit the Yorkville Elite series, some stands and a controller , but you are more limited. Also, manouvering the while hunched over sucks. But you don't worry about rain or snow like with the pickup truck. I would say that it depends on the equipment that you are planing to move around. In the end, I prefer the pickup truck. I'm saying that and not taking my sub issue in to consideration. Just in general. I would take the truck before I take the minivan. Hope that answers something. There's my $0.02, +2+2+2... LOL! I rambled on on on here.
DJ VEE 10:09 PM - 10 September, 2013
Oh, another plus with a full size pickup. You have quite a bit of room, so it's not a huge Tetris game at 3am when you want to get the fear loaded and get out of there. Just toss it in the back... The mileage does suck. Mine is about 13 years old though. Newer ones get way better gas mileage.
Djaward 10:19 PM - 10 September, 2013
Roll with a 2013 BMW X3.

2 KW 122
2 technics in Road Ready Cases
10 inch Mixer in a road ready case
RocknRoller Dolly
4 lights
A cable bag
My backpack
SPeaker stands in a bag
Tree stand.
lunizus 5:36 AM - 11 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat

Pictures or it didnt happen LOL
DJ VEE 11:34 AM - 11 September, 2013
I agree. We are gonna start to need pics. Then, we go on to the semi-finals and see who can fit the most in a Fiat 500. The championship round will be to see who can fit the most in a Smart car. LOL! This could be a whole new skill branch of DJ ing... Packing your gear.
DJ Quartz 1:21 PM - 11 September, 2013
I'm wanting to upgrade to Flex Titanium twin turbo with the panoramic roof. :)
DJ Quartz 1:26 PM - 11 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat

I actually had a 2007 HHR LT before the Flex but I ran out of room.
Papa Midnight 1:31 PM - 11 September, 2013
Heh, I know someone with an HHR. Those things are deceptively big when you lower all the seats.
Taipanic 2:14 PM - 11 September, 2013
The biggest downside to the HHR is the rear hatch is too small and towing capacity is only 1000 lbs tongue weight. For small gigs the panel is a great truck. Lots of tie downs, built in storage bins, remote control start and the rear doors open by solenoids with the remote as there are no door handles. Paid $13k, put 115k on mine with only oil, tire & brake changes. Also, having no backseat is an issue for me as our other vehicles are two seaters as well.
I like the look of the Panel version but think the windowed version looks ugly - but I've always been partial to classic Panel Trucks and Sedan Deliveries.
DJ Quartz 2:38 PM - 11 September, 2013
This is why I went to a Flex, I needed seating capacity to carry the sound crew while still hauling the system.
Taipanic 2:41 PM - 11 September, 2013
I'm thinking a Cayenne S and a trailer will work for me, probably upgrade next year.
DJ Mozo 2:59 PM - 11 September, 2013
Go with an AstroVan. lol.
 6 2:47 AM - 12 September, 2013
lol @ smart car

nm
DJ Reflex 2:48 AM - 12 September, 2013
I just bought an ice cream truck!
 6 3:08 AM - 12 September, 2013
Quote:

You DJ so bad, you bought an ice cream truck so you could have a place to DJ at.

nm
DJ Reflex 3:09 AM - 12 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You DJ so bad, you bought an ice cream truck so you could have a place to DJ at.

nm

I'm a true "mobile DJ".
 6 5:07 AM - 12 September, 2013
lol
diabiolique 3:10 PM - 12 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat

I wanna see pics too!!
DJ Benny B NYC 4:22 PM - 12 September, 2013
half the time i call a taxi... i ask for a minivan but sometimes they bring a normal taxi and i have to sit in the front seat!
Taipanic 8:05 PM - 12 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2 EV ZXa5
2 EV SX200
1 Yorkville LS800p
1 EV ZXa1 Sub
1 Mackie MR8 Monitor
1 crown amp
5 speaker stands
1 Wireless mic case
1 laptop briefcase
2 Cable/Accessory Cases
1 Full Size Coffin
1 Coffin Stand
1 6ft. Table
1 32" Video Monitor
1 Revo III
3 LED Wash Lights
1 Laser
3 ft. Padded Mat

I wanna see pics too!!

I won't have quite as much gear loaded up for a tailgate on Saturday but I'll snap some pics. I'm way too old to lug all the extra gear out just to take a pic.
DJ EZSMOOTH 4:42 PM - 25 September, 2013
Jeep Commander is my goto vehicle. Can fit most mobile rigs plus lights.

Biggest rig I've gotten in there is 4 KLA's and 3 KW181's all in one trip.

Still proud of that.
XCAKID 5:22 PM - 25 September, 2013
Corporate account at uHaul, that's what I use. I get priority reservation on rentals and depending on my rental frequency, I get discounts as well. It's why my base charge for mobile is $500 and goes up from there depending on how much equipment I have to bring. If I need extra sound, I have to rent those too, so that gets tacked on. I don't do mobile a lot. Mainly corporate events, which is typically around the fall/winter, so it does not make sense for me to own all this stuff.

For club and bar gigs, my turntable and mixer or controller and gig bag fits nicely in the trunk of my Audi A4.
 6 6:01 PM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:
Corporate account at uHaul, that's what I use. I get priority reservation on rentals and depending on my rental frequency, I get discounts as well. It's why my base charge for mobile is $500 and goes up from there depending on how much equipment I have to bring. If I need extra sound, I have to rent those too, so that gets tacked on. I don't do mobile a lot. Mainly corporate events, which is typically around the fall/winter, so it does not make sense for me to own all this stuff.

For club and bar gigs, my turntable and mixer or controller and gig bag fits nicely in the trunk of my Audi A4.

That's quite clever.

nm
Quipsilon 5:52 PM - 1 January, 2014
I especially need serious help with this guys.. here's what's up.. I'm young n work at walmart for 10 bucks an hour.. im tryna eventually go to college, but first I'm trying to get back to my hometown where I can live with my aunt since she's nice enough.. (parents decided to move half way across the country and I'm just miserable here)
Here's everything I need to carry the big stuff first
Yorkville ls80q p 18 inch 140 pound subwoofer
3 12 inch 45 pound speakers
laptop dj controller crossover little stuff etc.
a collapsable odyssey table
suitcase full of clothes and canned food for the ride, (it's almost 2000 miles)
That's about it really.. other than small obvious things that can fit in average containers or 2..
I'd appreciate any affordable recommendations that can haul all of that and most likely have a full passenger's seat still available since I can't take the ride alone.. oh and of course preferably decent mpg.. thanks
ParisCreative 5:54 PM - 1 January, 2014
To be honest, given your financial disposition, I would try to find something in the realm of a minivan. Gives you the most flexibility in storage and you can find some descent used ones on the cheap.
Quipsilon 5:55 PM - 1 January, 2014
Quote:
To be honest, given your financial disposition, I would try to find something in the realm of a minivan. Gives you the most flexibility in storage and you can find some descent used ones on the cheap.

Well thank god I'm not into automotives anymore and don't care about how my shit looks.. lol thanks for the recommendation.. do you have any specific minivans you'd recommend ?
ParisCreative 6:12 PM - 1 January, 2014
Well Dodge Caravans have a hit and miss history. Transmissions tend to fail, and especially since you are carrying a load it could make it fail quicker, however it may be worth the chance given they can be bought on the cheap. Honda Odyssey's and Toyota Sienna's are usually best in class.
DJ VEE 6:32 PM - 1 January, 2014
Minivan is probably your best option. Have always had a Dodge caravan since the late 90's. IMO, best bang for the money. They have been about half the price of GM or Ford. If you can find the Sto-N-Go seating, you will be that much better off. Load all of your speakers in the center of the van to keep the load balanced between the front and rear axles.
Are you looking for something just to get you there, or something to keep afterward.
What if you crate your speakers and have them shipped. There are other options besides UPS or FedEx that carry heavier loads only. The price might not be that bad. Worth looking into.
Then you can rent a small car one way and save on gas.
ancientyouth 6:05 PM - 5 January, 2014
Work at walmart and have beast of a sub. Thats walmart ballin right there. Seriously my hats off to you.... i didnt have a real sub til my late 20's. Keep it up son! Oh and yes . Busted out minivan is fine to roll up in if u got that sub......
dj_ys 10:25 PM - 5 January, 2014
Looking at an early 2000s Honda CRV. Figure it has decent reliability, MPG, and space while still pretty cheap ($3500-$5000). Any one have experience with these?
DjCity 2:21 AM - 7 January, 2014
I'm trying to find a Chevy astro.
I need a new van but don't want a large van. The Astro will be perfect.
Quipsilon 6:25 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
Well # have a hit and miss history. Transmissions tend to fail, and especially since you are carrying a load it could make it fail quicker, however it may be worth the chance given they can be bought on the cheap. Honda Odyssey's and Toyota Sienna's are usually best in class.

Thank you I've been researching soome caravan sales online of older models and I'll continue to track them
Quipsilon 6:27 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
Minivan is probably your best option. Have always had a # since the late 90's. IMO, best bang for the money. They have been about half the price of GM or Ford. If you can find the Sto-N-Go seating, you will be that much better off. Load all of your speakers in the center of the van to keep the load balanced between the front and rear axles.
Are you looking for something just to get you there, or something to keep afterward.
What if you crate your speakers and have them shipped. There are other options besides UPS or FedEx that carry heavier loads only. The price might not be that bad. Worth looking into.
Then you can rent a # one way and save on gas.

Thanks for all theh great suggestions friend, that sounds about great but I guess I'be looking to keep it mostly so I can store some of my equipment and lock it up if it doesn't fit in the guest room, also that subwoofer is heavy as F*** and the house has stairs... I've been looking at caravan prices and saving up based on lots of recommendations here
Quipsilon 6:29 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
Work at walmart and have beast of a sub. Thats walmart ballin right there. Seriously my hats off to you.... i didnt have a real sub til my late 20's. Keep it up son! Oh and yes . Busted out minivan is fine to roll up in if u got that sub......

Ahaha lmao thanks my man that's a good point most the people my age their vehicle is their money pit.. but hey guess who can go louder ;P
jprime 6:31 PM - 7 January, 2014
if I only have to pack my laptop in a backpack...

pbs.twimg.com
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:46 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
I'm trying to find a Chevy astro.

I need a new van but don't want a large van. The Astro will be perfect.

I was in this boat last year. My big setup has 2 tops, 2 subs, 2 6ft truss, 2 moving heads table, light up front board, misc stuff. Thought astro van was going to be perfect for me. Had one but sale fell through bc it was leaking. Decided to look into a full size van. Ended up getting a chevy express 1500 for the same price as the astro. SOOO glad I did as I have had to do a few parties with TV screens I may not have fit. And looking into buying 2 more trusses and moving heads this year that I know would not fit in an astro.
I would suggest stepping up as you will have room to upgrade and not have any regret after if you expand and need the space. I would be kicking myself right now if I ended up getting the astro van.
DjCity 1:40 AM - 8 January, 2014
I used to have a full size van. A Ford E250.

I had a hell of a LOT of equipment I used to haul around in it.

4 double 18 subs
4 single 18 subs
4 double 15 tops
4 single 15 tops
Amp racks
effects rack
Dj gear (turntables, mixers)
2 6ft tables
lights and such
CASES AND CASES AND CASES AND MORE CASES of records

With all that, I still had room for more.

Today, I only have
2 QSC KW181's
2 Yorkville LS801BP's (Not delivered yet)
2 EV ZXA5's (Not delivered yet)
4 EV ZLX12p's
4 EX ELX 115p's
1200's (Stay in the house except for SPECIAL shows)
Pioneer DDJ-SX
X Stand
Lights

Even if i double up on the subs, I would still have Maaaad room in the Astro.

Right now, I transport 2 KW181's, 2 ZLX12p's OR 2 ELX115p's, DDJ-SX in Odyssey case, X stand (Double heavy duty) and lights all in the back of my Yukon Denali. I still have my 2nd row seats UP.

I can haul my equipment AND 4 passengers. I can double what's in there if I drop the 2nd row.

With all that in mind, I choose the smaller van because I just don't see me quadrupling my sound and if I did, I would STILL have room left over in the larger van.

What sucks is that I may HAVE to get one because the Astro is proving difficult to find in good shape.
DJ Dac 5:34 AM - 8 January, 2014
Have you thought about a small trailer? I would be extremely hesitant about leaving gear in a van all the time(or trailer), at least with the trailer you can put an alarm on it and boot the wheels and securely lock it(no windows to break).
the_black_one 5:40 AM - 8 January, 2014
Trailer seem to be the option I would take.

Nm
DjCity 12:37 PM - 8 January, 2014
I thought about a trailer. Used to rent them back before I got a van.

Truth be told, I such at driving with a trailer. Forward is gravy. Turning is gravy but backing up and parallel parking is a bitch.

My old van had hockey puck locks and my new van will too.

Only windows are the front windows. There is a locked gate between the drivers cabin and the cargo area. Hockey puck locks, alarm system with 2 way remote plus air horn.

My old van was safe and my new van will be safe too.
DjCity 12:38 PM - 8 January, 2014
Supposed to say suck at driving with a trailer.
Quipsilon 1:04 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
I thought about a trailer. Used to rent them back before I got a van.

Truth be told, I such at driving with a trailer. Forward is gravy. Turning is gravy but backing up and parallel parking is a bitch.

My old van had hockey puck locks and my new van will too.

Only # are the front windows. There is a locked gate between the drivers cabin and the cargo area. Hockey puck locks, alarm system with 2 way remote plus air horn.

My old van was safe and my new van will be safe too.

That sounds secure as hell how did you get the sides locked off
DjCity 1:09 PM - 8 January, 2014
No windows and hockey puck lock on the side door as well as the back door.
Quipsilon 1:18 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
No windows and hockey puck lock on the side door as well as the back door.

Ok so was it like one of those vans that painting dudes go around in ? Like this : www.thesupercars.org

Or did it literally have ONLY front windows and if so, how ??
DjCity 1:31 PM - 8 January, 2014
Oh

I get what you mean. The van has passenger and driver side windows but no windows on either side of the van.

I looked at a van yesterday that had no door handles.

The van sat on 20's and has 10 switches and drag blocks.
It drops to the floor with air bag suspension.

Nice van but not what I need.
DJ VEE 3:17 PM - 8 January, 2014
Those puck locks are good. If you can get deadbolts installed with the alarm, even better. I work for a contractor for my everyday job, and we had those deadbolts at one point instead of the hockey pucks. We frequently work in a major city with high crime rates, and the vans getting stolen was common. Even though the bans were stolen, they could not get in the back and get the tools, so I think it was a good investment. The thing with the hockey puck locks is that you have to watch which type of hinge you get for them. The newer ones are cheesy and they can cut the hinge with a sawsall Behring the lock, punch out the factory lock and boom.
Also, don't use the "club". It is useless. The steering wheel is cut and the club is gone, or, the club is used to pry off the steering wheel, a new one put on in a matter of seconds and the van is drive able. Or, a pair of vice grips is used to steer the van on e the steering wheel is removed, (as happened to one of our vans).
Locks are there to keep honest people out.
Also, putting your company name or logo or something on the side of the van might not be the best idea if you plan on storing the equipment in it all of the time. Nothing like advertising to the world about the equipment that is in the van.
Food for thought. Just some of the experiences I went through.
RANDYG 5:08 AM - 9 January, 2014
I use my 2008 Mazda 6 hatchback which fits 2-ZLX15P's, DDJSX in case, table, facade, a few lights and an ELX118P. Seats fold flat. Looks like a sedan with the versatility of a wagon.

For larger gigs, the Astro gets pulled out. Fits 2-42" TV's in cases, 2-6ft trusses with base plates, 2 RCF 325's, 2 ELX118P's, DDJSX, table, facade, 12" monitor speaker and full light rig, with room to spare. This stays packed most of the time but it has the Viper and I know whats going on at all times via my smartphone.

Will need to upgrade to a full size van or get a Uhaul cargo that is being retired soon. Not worried about mileage since I can pull a motor and swap it with a lower mileage unit.
RANDYG 5:11 AM - 9 January, 2014
Quote:
Also, putting your company name or logo or something on the side of the van might not be the best idea if you plan on storing the equipment in it all of the time. Nothing like advertising to the world about the equipment that is in the van.

I have a removable magnetic logo that gets pulled off when the van is parked! Only goes on when I am going to a gig and is promptly removed once said gig is done.
DJ VEE 10:57 AM - 9 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I have a removable magnetic logo that gets pulled off when the van is parked! Only goes on when I am going to a gig and is promptly removed once said gig is done.

Perfect! Some local ordinances require a registered business to have a company name on the vehicle. You cover all bases by doing that.
DjCity 12:37 AM - 10 January, 2014
I got my Astro today.

Super clean, no dents, dings or scratches. No rips, no tears inside.
EVERYTHING works!
Passed inspection.
Hard tags DONE.

I have yet to put my equipment in it but the van should fit EVERYTHING easily.

I can FINALLY get my stuff OUT the Denali.
DJ GaFFle 1:11 AM - 10 January, 2014
Take a pic of that Astro.

(nm)
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:51 AM - 10 January, 2014
Pics pics. How much did you pay for the Astro. How many miles. I gotta take a pic of my van one of these days
DjCity 1:59 AM - 10 January, 2014
I got it for a GREAT price.
130k miles.
I will take a pic tomorrow. I have to get the roof rack off.

OR

I may keep the roof rack and get a 10ft ramp. I can use thr roof rack to hold the ramp and use the ramp to load and unload them heavy ass Yorkvills.
DJ VEE 2:13 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
I got it for a GREAT price.
130k miles.
I will take a pic tomorrow. I have to get the roof rack off.

OR

I may keep the roof rack and get a 10ft ramp. I can use thr roof rack to hold the ramp and use the ramp to load and unload them heavy ass Yorkvills.

There you go ! However 10ft ramp might be a bit much. Not only will it stick out in front of and behind your van, but might be difficult to use when unloading at a gig. Some of the spots you will use to load and unload will not fit the 10 ft ramp and your van.
What about those ramps used to load stuff like 4 wheelers and other toys on to the back of pick up trucks. They are compact and light. They will save your back in the long run.
Also, for everyone who needs to move heavier stuff, Forearm Forklifts. Get them at Home Depot and such other stores. They are around $20 for a pair and worth every bit of it. I bought a pair and use them to haul my subs in and out of the basement.
You could use those on your subs also. It requires two people, but they are a back saver.
DjCity 2:20 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:

What about those ramps used to load stuff like 4 wheelers and other toys on to the back of pick up trucks. They are compact and light. They will save your back in the long run.

That's pretty much what i'm talking about. Those or fold-able wheelchair ramp.
DJ VEE 10:55 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That's pretty much what i'm talking about. Those or fold-able wheelchair ramp.

Ah. Got it. For some reason, I pictured one of those long ramps that would be on a moving truck or something which slide out and are about 10 ft long. LOL.
DjCity 2:54 PM - 12 January, 2014
I need to get the roof rack off the roof. It's bolted through the roof though so it's gonna be some work.
DjCity 8:26 PM - 14 January, 2014
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:34 PM - 14 January, 2014
Awesome! Any pics of the inside? I would def take that roof rack off too! lol I know you were thinking about it.
DjCity 8:48 PM - 14 January, 2014
I'm not thinking about it, it's in the plan.
My man is a contractor. He has a van but no roof rack. I'm giving him mine as soon as I figure out how to properly fill the holes removing the rack will leave.

The rack is mounted THROUGH the roof so there will be 8 bolt sized holes once it's gone.

I will take pics of the inside when the weather clears again.

It's raining like it's April.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:11 PM - 14 January, 2014
Before I got my current van, one I was looking at had the roof rack that was taken off. The van place I was buying it from fills the holes with a bolt (obviou8sly) but they have this black tar like stuff that is used on leaky windows to seal it completely. If I remember correctly it comes in a tube, you practically cover the entire hole with it (inside and out), put the bolt through and tighten. Let dry and you are all set. Obviously test it out with the hose before you put your gear back in.
DJ GaFFle 9:18 PM - 14 January, 2014
What brand and model van is that?
DjCity 9:33 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:

Chevy Astro.
jprime 9:38 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:

Rape
DjCity 9:39 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Rape

???
I'm not understanding.
jprime 9:40 PM - 14 January, 2014
www.urbandictionary.com

poor joke, I'll get my coat :/
Papa Midnight 11:21 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
The New City Mobile
imageshack.com
imageshack.com
imageshack.com

One: That's a pretty clean Chevy Astro.

Two: Didn't know you were in Maryland!
DjCity 1:10 AM - 15 January, 2014
Yeah…
P.G.
From NYC though.
DjCity 8:37 PM - 15 January, 2014
Inside the CityMobile

imageshack.com

imageshack.com

imageshack.com

imageshack.com

Better pics to come in near future.
Joee 8:41 PM - 15 January, 2014
picture number 4 i know that shape any ware …….could that be a zxa5?
DJ GaFFle 8:45 PM - 15 January, 2014
how tall are you able to stand up in that van?
DjCity 9:04 PM - 15 January, 2014
In the van is...

2 QSC KW181's
2 EV ZLX112's
1 EV ZXA5 (Tuki covers arriving today)
1 Pioneer DDJ SX
2 Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo's
Rack with Driverack PA, Furman Power Conditioner and bbe Sonic Maximizer
Various wires and cables
DjCity 9:05 PM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
how tall are you able to stand up in that van?

LOL...

I can't stand up in the van. Not straight up at least.
DjCity 6:28 PM - 30 January, 2014
This will make life easier!

imageshack.us

imageshack.us

imageshack.us
DjCity 6:33 PM - 30 January, 2014
In the van is

Ramp
2 Yorkville Ls801pb's
2 EV Zxa5's
1 Pioneer DDJ SX
2 Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo's
Rack with Driverack PX, Furman Power Conditioner and Aphex Exciter
Various wires and cables
Papa Midnight 6:46 PM - 30 January, 2014
nice
the_black_one 7:21 PM - 30 January, 2014
Very nice ... Loving the ramp...

Nm nh nb
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:02 PM - 30 January, 2014
Nice!

How was it getting the Yorkville in there with the ramp? Is that the 4ft ramp?
Was it stable enough? Did you feel as if the ramp would slip off?
DjCity 8:38 PM - 30 January, 2014
I have not used the ramp yet. Just got it today.

I will use it tomorrow though. It's a 5ft. ramp and it feels stable.

I will let you know tomorrow how it works out.
DJ GaFFle 10:28 PM - 30 January, 2014
How does that ramp latch on and stay put?
DJ GaFFle 10:29 PM - 30 January, 2014
FTR... you would have hated a 4ft. ramp.
DJ VEE 12:52 PM - 31 January, 2014
Take that ladder rack off and put it up on Craig's list or something. It's worth a few hundred bucks. Help pay for some other expenses. Don't just get rid of it for nothing.
You should be able to get at least $300 ( if not more ) for it.
DJ Crock 3:43 PM - 8 February, 2014
Hmmm, I'm actually blessed to have 2 vehicles. I have a 05 Pathfinder, but I do and prefer to drive my 2004 Buick Lesabre for most gigs due to its gas mileage. The trunk does me good also to carry:
2 1210's in flight cases
or
1 Marathon case containing my TTM57SL and 2 Numark NDX 400's
2 RCF Art 300's and stands
1 Samson F1200
1 Oddysey turntable case for my MacBook, headphones, 4 channel mixing board
1 Dufflebag for cords and air purifier(I have terrible sinus issues)
2 Wireless mics and receiver
1 tripod light stand (lights in the back seat when I do carry them).
And can still fit 2 passengers.

Since I'm gonna start doing up lighting and including Karaoke to some of my gigs I'm either gonna have to tint my windows on he Buick so I can put more stuff in the car out of sight or drive the gass guzzler when necessary.
DJ Tony Tone™ 12:14 AM - 5 June, 2014
2011 Dodge Challenger. Fits 2 techs, 1 57, and a backpack. Don't usually carry sound. But when I do... 2009 Ford Escape XLT. Great on gas. Fits same as above, plus fold out stand and a 4'x2' board for my set up, also stands, a 6u amp rack, 2 15's and an 18" sub OR 2 dual 15's & a dolly.
DjCity 12:52 AM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
How does that ramp latch on and stay put?

It just stays there when needed.
dj jamalot 3:09 PM - 5 June, 2014
Alll i use is this old Pick - Up Truck She will do in a Pinch...

instagram.com
djransom 3:26 PM - 5 June, 2014
I go back and forth between my car and my wife's car. She has an 09 Ford Escape and the seats let down which is pretty good. I have a 2010 Dodge Charger and I'm good w/ that between the truck and back seats.
DjCity 3:44 PM - 5 June, 2014
I can say that my ramp is working great!

I'm loving the van and I'm loving the ramp. Makes moving them Yorkville a breeze.
DjCity 4:12 PM - 5 June, 2014
When I'm using my KW181's with the ZLX'S, I use my Yukon Denali.
No ramp required.

When I'm using my Yorks and Zxa5's, the van hits the road. Ramp included.
Joee 5:16 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
Alll i use is this old Pick - Up Truck She will do in a Pinch...

instagram.com

is that all you got there, man to bad you have such a crappy vehicle......... :-)

only kidding a cadillac is always a nice classy vehicle, i see you have it a little bling'd out which is nice it attracts attention and more people see your banner
dj jamalot 6:45 PM - 5 June, 2014
Thanks joee I'm actually looking for a newer one just hit 99k it runs great though and paid for...
Joee 6:52 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
Thanks joee I'm actually looking for a newer one just hit 99k it runs great though and paid for...

if you bought the car new and took care of it them miles mean nothing, but ay if you got it like that they just made a new one and it only cost $70,000 :-)
www.cadillac.com

me i'll stick with my 2012 honda crosstour, i do pretty good but not $70,000 good
www.trucktrend.com
Joee 6:56 PM - 5 June, 2014
i'll tell you what thou, i wish i would have bought a CTS wagon them things are nice
www.gminsidenews.com

but i didn't want to buy used and new it's out of my budget
DJ GaFFle 6:56 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

if you bought the car new and took care of it them miles mean nothing, but ay if you got it like that they just made a new one and it only cost $70,000 :-)
www.cadillac.com

I was just about to post this. If I were in the market, I'd chose the new Escalade over the newer Range Rovers. Landrover's reliability sucks! I have an LR3 and in general, Landrovers are plagued with all sorts of mechanical problems. This has always been the case with them but their status symbol image has kept people in awe.
dj jamalot 6:58 PM - 5 June, 2014
i bought it as a lease return with 24K in 06
Joee 6:58 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
I was just about to post this. If I were in the market

i want this right here
www.moibibiki.com

it allows me to carry my gear and still speed around......lol
dj jamalot 6:59 PM - 5 June, 2014
^^Now that's Dope...
Taipanic 2:55 PM - 6 June, 2014
Quote:

Me too, recently sold the HHR Panel and picked up a Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo. Also planning to get a 12' twin axle trailer soon.
Joee 3:09 PM - 6 June, 2014
Quote:
Me too, recently sold the HHR Panel and picked up a Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo. Also planning to get a 12' twin axle trailer soon.

i don't own a CTS wagon :( ,in wish i did......lol

i have to settle for a honda crosstour
DJ GaFFle 5:11 PM - 6 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Welcome to the club! :0)
CJ In The Mix 6:21 AM - 9 June, 2014
I have a 2007 Ford Sport Trac with a hard cover. Which is great problem is I don't have room for a 18inch sub. I can't stack things high either. Thinking about getting a Ford Flex. How much equipment can you get in one?
 6 6:48 AM - 9 June, 2014
Quote:
I have a 2007 Ford Sport Trac with a hard cover. Which is great problem is I don't have room for a 18inch sub. I can't stack things high either. Thinking about getting a Ford Flex. How much equipment can you get in one?

I have a Ford Flex. Lots of room. I can fit 2 turntables in cases, 1 mixer in case, 2 12"s speakers, 2 speaker stands, 2 Evo lights, gig back with computer etc, cable bag, and this is just with the third seats down. If I bring the middle seats down, I can fit a lot more, a bass bottom or 2 15"s plus the 2 12"s.

So, basically I can do a small party and still carry 5 people. Or, do a bigger party and still carry a passenger.

Great vehicle to transport stuff.

nm