DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

First hardware issue with Rane 62 cue buttons

Djkom 9:24 PM - 24 April, 2012
I really don't know how it happened but after my last gig I saw my cue n°2 button broken:

img84.imageshack.us

As you can see the lilte strip which holds the button is broken so now the button is lower than the others and I click on it, it does not response all the time...

Sadly, I have to send it to customer service...sadly I will be separated to my favorite toy for a while...
Djkom 9:30 PM - 24 April, 2012
asthmatic 10:30 PM - 24 April, 2012
Wow IMO that looks like a future problem for everyone.
dj_suizz 11:18 PM - 24 April, 2012
I have the same problem but in the Tap button...but it scares me a bit to send it to send it to the customr service because I live in Spain and I think the spanish service will be not that fast in repairing it as yours..I don't know what to do!
sorry for my bad english.peace
willythekidd 11:59 PM - 24 April, 2012
Quote:

i'd assume they were cycle tested for at least a few trillion button taps.
djdannyd 12:12 AM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

and I'm sure they used a finger tap method and not a gorilla hand slam method
willythekidd 12:20 AM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and I'm sure they used a finger tap method and not a gorilla hand slam method

good point.
DJ Eighty 8 9:47 AM - 25 April, 2012
No drum sticks allowed for cue points.........?
Rane
TrevorW 9:45 PM - 25 April, 2012
Sorry to hear about the broken button. They do not need to be hit very hard at all to trigger, but they should not break regardless.

We have identified an intermittent molding error where occasionally a part will have a weakened hinge that allows the part to break when hit hard. The failure rate is extremely low, but we are already working to correct this.

If you send your unit in, we will replace the broken button and will thoroughly check all others for any defect. Send Shaun an email and he will set you up with return and repair information. His email is shaunw (at) rane(dot com).

Sorry again for the inconvenience.
DJ Eighty 8 12:08 AM - 26 April, 2012
Rane.........all day, everyday!
djdannyd 12:30 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Sorry to hear about the broken button. They do not need to be hit very hard at all to trigger, but they should not break regardless.

We have identified an intermittent molding error where occasionally a part will have a weakened hinge that allows the part to break when hit hard. The failure rate is extremely low, but we are already working to correct this.

If you send your unit in, we will replace the broken button and will thoroughly check all others for any defect. Send Shaun an email and he will set you up with return and repair information. His email is shaunw (at) rane(dot com).

Trevor, I am an Injection Molding Plastics Engineer and we also see a lot of issues with some of our hinges designs. I don't know how your source was able to fix this issue but what we've seen most of the times is either degraded resin (long residence time); clogged vents on the tool (sooner p.m.'s on the tool) or a part that is not packed out enough (short shot). :)

I really hope I never have to go through any issues with my sixty-two :)
Djkom 7:23 AM - 26 April, 2012
Thank you trevor for these precious information!
nik39 8:01 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Thank you trevor for these precious information!

+1.
Rane
TrevorW 4:37 PM - 26 April, 2012
Thanks Danny. Your mixer should be fine. Like I said above, the failure rate is extremely low-- we were surprised to hear of this showing up in the "wild." We have a solid bead on the problem, and the changes will resolve the problem and will make the buttons even stronger (don't worry, feel is exactly the same).

+1 to engineering. ;)
djdannyd 6:35 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Thanks Danny. Your mixer should be fine. Like I said above, the failure rate is extremely low-- we were surprised to hear of this showing up in the "wild." We have a solid bead on the problem, and the changes will resolve the problem and will make the buttons even stronger (don't worry, feel is exactly the same).

+1 to engineering. ;)

What's the sigma level for that particular part?
hersh20 6:45 PM - 26 April, 2012
Hey Trevor, I have the same thing happen to my 1st cue button. I have only had the mixer for 2 months! Will this part be fixed free? Also is there a possibility i can do it myself? Sending in my one and only mixer isnt really an option at this time.
Rane
TrevorW 7:28 PM - 26 April, 2012
Sorry Danny , at this time I can't discuss the engineering of our buttons in any more detail.
Rane
TrevorW 7:30 PM - 26 April, 2012
hersh20,

Very sorry. We will definitely fix it for free. Email Shaun (shaunw (at) rane(dot com)) and let him know about your problem. I understand how sending the mixer in can be very difficult for you. I don't see a problem with just mailing you a replacement button. Shaun will be able to sort that out for you.
djdannyd 7:39 PM - 26 April, 2012
I understand :)
hersh20 7:47 PM - 26 April, 2012
ok thanks trevor will do.
dj seoul nyc 8:25 PM - 1 May, 2012
same thing happened to me. I purchased the mixer for my bar and thought someone was heavy handed. We were scrambling because we have events everyday, and the prior mixer isn't up to par.
It's quite easy to take the piece out but all the screws are a pain to remove. From the board you can push up on the plastic pins on the rear of the mold, and it comes out easily. I swapped the usb switch button for the cue.
Is there a way I can get a few of these plastic pieces for the mixer?
hersh20 1:12 PM - 3 May, 2012
@dj seoul nyc..... IT WAS THAT EASY?!!! They told me it was really complicated. BUTTTT i sent my mixer in monday 4/30, and i will have it back today 5/3.... awesome turn around!

KUDOS RANE! Thanks to Trevor and Shaun!
wicked223 11:25 AM - 19 May, 2012
My effects on/off toggle switch button has seemed to do this same thing . Can I get someone at rane to send me some replacement buttons too?
dj_suizz 5:22 PM - 20 May, 2012
I got the same problem with the 62 a month ago with the tap button and from this day I try to push the buttons very smooth but I noticed that a cue button is getting looser than the the others just like the tap button at the beginning of getting broke.the mixer is only 2 months old,what will be when its 1 year old?will all buttons get broken with normal use of them?
I'm very unhappy with the buttons please give a solution,I live in Spain and I don't know where I get this fixed.
is it possible that you send me buttons so that i can replace them by myself?
I really love your products and specially this one but this is a huge problem in my opinion when buttons get broke by normal use in short time.
Thank you,and sorry for my bad english!
juicewoner 11:11 AM - 24 May, 2012
same thing happened to me. two months of normal to low use, twice a week at the clubs. any chance of getting a few replacements? i anticipate running into this problem again.
Joee 12:31 PM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:

here we go, the buttons on the first 57 had problems, no the buttons on the first 62 have problems
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:39 PM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:

Dj-Pyro 4:42 PM - 24 May, 2012
Maybe Rane should outsource button design :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:48 PM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:
Maybe Rane should outsource button design :)

Fortunately, this has nothing to do with our design :) We do not make/mold the buttons here at Rane.
djdannyd 1:24 AM - 25 May, 2012
^^^We got a world class tool room here where I work. We also do custom molding, ;) wink, hint....
clickclickw00t 2:30 PM - 27 May, 2012
I dont think the problem is the buttons- it's the users

I mean admit it guys, when you're spinning you're in the moment, you're jammin, you're a little tipsy (or very), the crowd is into you...

whether you know it or not, those same "baby-strokes" you use to activate your cues at home are not the same when you are in a club. in club, you're mashing buttons, slamming faders, etc..

That's not to say that it should be happening since it's a $2k mixer, but just be careful with how you handle your mixer.

You can buy a Ferrari because it's one of the more expensive cars, and if you drive it hard, you will kill the transmission (or breaks, or clutch, or whatever).

Just treat your gear a little nicer when you're spinning :)
I never had problems with my 57, or my 62 buttons. If you're having problems and breaking the cues and whatnot, get yourself a set of dicers - that's what I did. It keeps my hands from POUNDING the cues and SP-6 when I'm in the zone...
Dj-Pyro 2:34 PM - 27 May, 2012
Mixer should be drunk resistant for $2,000. Should be considered normal usage, especially in a club environment.
djdannyd 7:09 PM - 27 May, 2012
I never had "ANY" issues being drunk and handling my Vestax 05, TTM52 or Numark PPD DM series mixers.
This mixer should be able to take the use. Someone used the Ferrari analogy, it's a performance car. I should be able to use it and run it at 120 MPH without blowing a gasket. You get my drift...
nik39 8:51 PM - 27 May, 2012
I disagree with you click. Hardware for that amount of money should withstand regular gig abuse. Plus the advice to use Dicers instead is not very well thought either because if they sit on your turntables (and i assume this is the use case in 95%) 69 then hammering on them is not a good idea.
Niro 11:18 PM - 27 May, 2012
No material can avoid breakage, some do a lot better than others, but every is subject to break with enough press/force no matter the cost. The price tag on the 62 includes the technology, so you can't consider like a $2000 05 pro, shoot even that mixer had a lot of issues. As far as quality, I think Rane did a really good job on the mixer. For how many mixers they sell and how many have problems. The ratio is very good, also they are more than willing to correct anything that they did wrong. You won't find that with too many companies.

For anyone considering buying this mixer, I would not hesitate as far as function and quality, it's top notch.
Niro 1:22 AM - 28 May, 2012
Sorry for the mis-types, iPhone.
djkrazyleo 3:02 PM - 28 May, 2012
My first cue point button on channel 2 is not triggering the way it use to and i don't abuse my equipment. I think it is just a flaw in the way how the buttons are design.i had that same problem with my last generation 57 and i used deox it to fix it. Can i do the same with my 62 buttons ?
You-Lee 3:08 PM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
My first cue point button on channel 2 is not triggering the way it use to and i don't abuse my equipment. I think it is just a flaw in the way how the buttons are design.i had that same problem with my last generation 57 and i used deox it to fix it. Can i do the same with my 62 buttons ?

Call Rane an tell them to fix it right. They are bsing everyone that there is nothing wrong with the hardware on the 61/62
hersh20 12:01 AM - 29 May, 2012
the fact of the matter is this mixer hasnt been out for even 6 mos and these things are failing. COMMON SENSE says that something is wrong with them.
I had my 57 for 5 YEARS and never had a problem. Its a faulty part nuff said.

AND Rane is replacing them at no cost and paying for shipping of the units both ways. This almost makes up for the inconvenience.

As for the fader issue (a different problem) if these are all made the same for every Rane mixer then the problem has to be in the firmware. Again common sense.
wicked223 12:26 AM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:

Its a problem with the plastic buttons and plastic piece they flex on to trigger the actual buttons on the pcb board breaking.

Not a contact issue with the actual buttons on the pcb. So no its a really different problem all together than the 57 had and no amount of detoxit will fix it. You will have to ship your unit to rane. Had to ship mine last week.
djkrazyleo 3:45 PM - 29 May, 2012
Ok so after 2 months of purchasing a brand new high end mixer i have to send it in for servicing thats nice to know.i really love my mixer and we all know that nothing is perfect, but come on rane it seems to me you guys cant get the button correct on none of your serato mixers.
wicked223 7:47 PM - 29 May, 2012
I agree and feel your pain 100%, but what are you gonna do. They paid for 3 day shipping for but I live all the way on the east coast so it will be at least 2 weeks without mine.

I was told they are going to replace all my larger buttons for more reinforced molded ones. Not just the broken one. So hopefully it will not happen again.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:29 PM - 29 May, 2012
@You-Lee,

This is a direct quote from one of our engineers that was posted on the 25th of last month and has been re-posted in this thread multiple times.

Quote:
Quote:

There is no BSing going on here.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:42 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
I agree and feel your pain 100%, but what are you gonna do. They paid for 3 day shipping for but I live all the way on the east coast so it will be at least 2 weeks without mine.

I was told they are going to replace all my larger buttons for more reinforced molded ones. Not just the broken one. So hopefully it will not happen again.

Our turnaround time once the unit gets here is extremely fast.
I'm guessing we'll get your unit fixed within 2 days.
I'd say it will be about a 10 day wait.
wicked223 10:34 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Our turnaround time once the unit gets here is extremely fast.
I'm guessing we'll get your unit fixed within 2 days.
I'd say it will be about a 10 day wait.

thanks zack.
wicked223 10:35 PM - 29 May, 2012
er zach
wicked223 10:45 PM - 29 May, 2012
it is a shame this is happening to so many of us and our new mixers....

but Rane is a great company with great support and customer service .

So whatever problems you have with your mixer, they will get you sorted out properly and promptly.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:50 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
it is a shame this is happening to so many of us and our new mixers....

but Rane is a great company with great support and customer service .

So whatever problems you have with your mixer, they will get you sorted out properly and promptly.

This is a bummer but the good news is that the problem has been rectified.
We are definitely sorry for any inconvenience its caused any of you.
I assure you we will do our best to get any of these mixers back to you in a timely manor.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:12 PM - 29 May, 2012
Ya'll got Lead Fingers! ;) jk

Mine are still great considering letting my son Hulk Smash my equipment. :D
wicked223 11:44 PM - 29 May, 2012
maybe so......but let us know after a year...
djkrazyleo 4:53 AM - 30 May, 2012
Actually i,m very easy on my buttons ,i think this is just a defect.
nik39 7:00 AM - 30 May, 2012
Guys... Rane said they will cover you!

I agree it's not ideal, but they will fix it! Free of charge! Done deal! :)
willythekidd 6:37 AM - 31 May, 2012
So one of my buttons just "died" on me. This is in addition to having the fader issue. I will be calling Rane in the morning. I justified the price point on the 62 because of their great customer service, I just wish this hadn't had happened in the first place.
willythekidd 6:54 AM - 31 May, 2012
btw i still love rane! they have taken care of me in the past and i'm sure they will fix the problems on my mixer.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:02 PM - 31 May, 2012
Definitely hit us up today and we'll get you sorted with an RA# :)
wicked223 4:54 PM - 31 May, 2012
Quote:
So one of my buttons just "died" on me. This is in addition to having the fader issue. I will be calling Rane in the morning. I justified the price point on the 62 because of their great customer service, I just wish this hadn't had happened in the first place.

I sent mine in last week for both issues also. I should be getting it back later next week . I will let you know the verdict on the fader issue when it comes.
funkyfresh2012 12:26 AM - 1 June, 2012
After seeing some of these issues, i just hope my mixer buttons don't fail after the 3yr warranty period :(
djdannyd 12:32 AM - 1 June, 2012
^^^Just send it in within the 3 year period and have them install the new buttons design. I did that with my 57 before the warranty expired, I sent it in and they cleaned it up really well.

More mixing, less worrying!!
BERTO 4:38 AM - 4 June, 2012
Do i see a serial number check for affected mixers?....
Steve Dub. 5:14 PM - 13 June, 2012
FYI This happened to me last night.

Obviously this isn't a user issue but a mixer issue. I do not bang on the buttons very hard at all.

Although I am upset that I have to send my mixer in which is a pain in the ass and have to figure out what to do for the 10 days or so that it's gone, I am confident that Rane will fix the problem and I won't have the issue again.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:16 PM - 13 June, 2012
We'll get you sorted Steve:)
Steve Dub. 5:24 PM - 13 June, 2012
Thanks Zach, call you guys during lunch.
Steve Dub. 5:25 PM - 13 June, 2012
And I'll be up in Bellevue next Saturday!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:38 PM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
And I'll be up in Bellevue next Saturday!

Nice! That isn't too far from us.. 35 min drive.
If you get some time you should come up to the factory, say hi, and get a tour:)
Steve Dub. 5:45 PM - 13 June, 2012
Got the tour last time I was out there thanks to D-Twizzle.
Steve Dub. 5:45 PM - 13 June, 2012
It was awesome! Nerd city!
wicked223 10:58 PM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
FYI This happened to me last night.

Obviously this isn't a user issue but a mixer issue. I do not bang on the buttons very hard at all.

Although I am upset that I have to send my mixer in which is a pain in the ass and have to figure out what to do for the 10 days or so that it's gone, I am confident that Rane will fix the problem and I won't have the issue again.

I sent mine in for a broken button and they replaced all my buttons with what feels like stronger reinforced ones.
DJ RaNz 1:03 PM - 18 June, 2012
Hi I live in Sweden and i'am very tempted to order the Rane sixty two.
but i worry about the cue buttons to fail. i have read about the repairs
that have been made in europe by sennheiser. many customers had
to wait very long time for their repaired unit.

so my question is can i send it to Rane in the USA ??

I have only heard good stuff about Rane USA.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:36 PM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:

Yes, we'll be glad to service any Rane mixer here at the factory, but shipping may be a bit more expensive :)
DJ RaNz 6:58 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, we'll be glad to service any Rane mixer here at the factory, but shipping may be a bit more expensive :)

Ok Thanks this is what i call excellent service, shipping it from sweden may be expensive but i'am
sure it's worth it. and thanks for the fast replay.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:37 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok Thanks this is what i call excellent service, shipping it from sweden may be expensive but i'am
sure it's worth it. and thanks for the fast replay.

No problem :)
aireyc 10:25 PM - 21 June, 2012
I just started having an issue with one of my cues where it's only firing about 60% of the time, and I think it's double-firing in some cases. I haven't taken the mixer apart to verify if it's the same issue, but I assume it is. So far I have only used this mixer at home, and I haven't been smashing any buttons, so not sure what's up. I may just swap the bad button to one of the other slots that I don't use in the interim.
MrMoody 1:17 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
I just started having an issue with one of my cues where it's only firing about 60% of the time, and I think it's double-firing in some cases. I haven't taken the mixer apart to verify if it's the same issue, but I assume it is. So far I have only used this mixer at home, and I haven't been smashing any buttons, so not sure what's up. I may just swap the bad button to one of the other slots that I don't use in the interim.

I sure hope this doesn't become an epidemic of bad cue buttons on the 62.

Whatever it is, I hope you get it fixed soon. Keep us posted.
aj5000 4:14 PM - 22 June, 2012
I sent in mine 2 months ago for the left cue button. they said on the invoice that they check all buttons and it was good to go. Now the right first cue button is broken so there goes another $60 bucks to ship it again SMH. I hardly use it I only DJ one night a week that I have to bring this mixer out. and I don't push the buttons hard and I aways put my laptop to side so i use the cue button often (hate dicers FYI) so i'm getting kinda annoyed about this...
I love this mixer but if after this time if it seems like it's happening again i'm selling it and buying (I can't believe I'm saying this) a Pioneer DJM-850
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:02 PM - 22 June, 2012
There was originally an issue with the molding on the hinge on the bigger buttons that has been fixed.
aj5000... I'm guessing you sent yours in prior to this fix.

This issue should not happen with the newer buttons.

For anyone having an issue with their cues.. just call us and we'll get the unit fixed free of charge.
wicked223 11:30 AM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:

Just contact rane and they will set you up a ra to replace all of your buttons.

I was told by a rane rep that removing anything but the fader cover faceplate voids your warranty. Not to mention a pain in the ass.
aj5000 4:19 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
There was originally an issue with the molding on the hinge on the bigger buttons that has been fixed.
aj5000... I'm guessing you sent yours in prior to this fix.

This issue should not happen with the newer buttons.

For anyone having an issue with their cues.. just call us and we'll get the unit fixed free of charge.

Thank you for the responds. Glad Rane is doing this to fix the problem
djkrazyleo 6:50 PM - 23 June, 2012
Yep rane has the customer service I sent my 62 in on Tuesday and I received it back Saturday morning with all my cue buttons working the way they should hopefully everything works flawless from here thanx rane.
monchi 5:37 AM - 24 June, 2012
Just curious but is this an issue with the 62Z?
djdannyd 4:34 PM - 24 June, 2012
^^^ Not as yet for me. Im pretty sure everything is the same between the 62 and 62z, just the paint job on it.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:38 PM - 25 June, 2012
I want to be clear.. this issue was only a problem with the first couple batches of 62s.
The Z model came out a bit after the OG 62.
There may be some Zs out there with these button caps but not many.
This issue has been rectified and has not been a problem with any 62 or 62z coming out of our factory within the few months.

@KrazyLeo... I'm happy to hear we were able to get your mixer back to you by Saturday and that its working as it should:)
djkrazyleo 5:08 PM - 25 June, 2012
@Zach S it is definitely on point right now thank you guys for the excellent service.
k-9eight 12:27 AM - 28 June, 2012
Wow I see I'm not the only one with this broken cue point button, I already sent it in so now it's just a waiting game, I really do appreciate the customer service that I got from rane so far it has been outstanding, but I hope that these buttons are all replaced with stronger buttons. I really take good care of my gear it has cost me way too much to mishandle it so it is obvious this is a minor flaw on the plastic used.
aj5000 4:29 AM - 28 June, 2012
sent mine in today hope i get it fast and the buttons are on point. Rane has been more then great on there costumer services.
Djkom 9:01 AM - 28 June, 2012
Quote:
sent mine in today hope i get it fast and the buttons are on point. Rane has been more then great on there costumer services.

EXACTLY !!! never seen a customer service like this! Very Very reactive and friendly! That's all we except for great companies because perfect product cannot be released at the first iteration...
k-9eight 7:39 PM - 28 June, 2012
+1
SUBSTANCE 10:42 PM - 1 July, 2012
This has started happening on my 62. Cue 1 on both sides now sit lower and don't always trigger.
Have emailed Shaun.
aj5000 2:04 AM - 4 July, 2012
got mine yesterday. I had a few goes at it and the buttons seem more firm and stronger. hope they last like that for years to come like my 57 did. I will use the mixer a whole night on Thursday so will take it through it's paces.

thanks again Rane
MrMoody 3:38 AM - 4 July, 2012
Quote:
got mine yesterday. I had a few goes at it and the buttons seem more firm and stronger. hope they last like that for years to come like my 57 did. I will use the mixer a whole night on Thursday so will take it through it's paces.

thanks again Rane

Good stuff!
k-9eight 6:39 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:

Quote:

thanks again Rane

i sent mine on the 26th of june, still waiting, but i c you got yours faster than me:(
taump 12:13 PM - 9 July, 2012
Hi Folks

My cue buttons on the Rane 62 also went bad -mixer is barely 2 months old and i DO NOT abuse my cue buttons...very disappointed ..buttons went bad during a gig on Friday night its 5 AM CST 3 more hours before I can contact support its killing me as i have gigs lined up every Friday & Saturday.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:14 PM - 9 July, 2012
Quote:
Hi Folks

My cue buttons on the Rane 62 also went bad -mixer is barely 2 months old and i DO NOT abuse my cue buttons...very disappointed ..buttons went bad during a gig on Friday night its 5 AM CST 3 more hours before I can contact support its killing me as i have gigs lined up every Friday & Saturday.

Please contact the support team at Rane for an RA# -->> Rane contact > rane.com

Once we receive your mixer, our turnaround time is typically 2-3 days :)
k-9eight 6:34 AM - 11 July, 2012
I got my mixer 2 days ago and it feels way better than before by the way the customer service was awesome and yes it was very inconvenient but I'm glad I kept my Tom 57 it saved my life.
taump 9:47 AM - 11 July, 2012
Thanks ...I feel a lot better now..I do have an SL2 ready for this weekend just in case ..wish i had kept my 57 too ..The customer service has been excellent so far as they paid overnight shipping for mixer back to factory and will be shipping it same way back.They are targeting to have it back to me by Friday which would be amazing - I cant wait!!
k-9eight 2:23 AM - 13 July, 2012
nice i paid shipping for mine i should have called first but its ok.
SUBSTANCE 2:06 AM - 17 July, 2012
Just received my replacement buttons. Thanks Shaun.
hersh20 3:33 PM - 18 July, 2012
Quote:
Just received my replacement buttons. Thanks Shaun.

SUBSTANCE, how hard is it to change the buttons on your own?
wicked223 1:21 AM - 20 July, 2012
Its not really hard just have to get acess to the board .takes about half hour .Just a lot of screws, both faceplates, unplugging the faders, removing all of the caps/knobs, and most of the knobs have lock washer type nuts.

More tedious then anything. Not to mention removing the top plate voids the warranty not sure how strict rane is with that tho. Good luck.
SUBSTANCE 5:55 PM - 21 July, 2012
Yes, lots of screws (25+). All the same size though.
As for taking the dials & the washer nuts underneath them off - easy but repetitive.
I took photos to make sure everything went back in the right places.
It took me about 45 mins but I could do another one much faster. You get into a rhythm.
Shaun gave me some guidelines & I used tweezers to push the button 'teeth' out.
I didn't need to unplug the faders.

End result:
3 tour shows this weekend as backing DJ for a band - flawless cue button hitting...
taump 3:46 PM - 22 July, 2012
Nice after 2 weeks worth of gigs with new cue buttons I can gladly say my mixer rocks. Thanks RANE & Serato!!!
nik39 10:13 AM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
Yes, lots of screws (25+). All the same size though.
As for taking the dials & the washer nuts underneath them off - easy but repetitive.
I took photos to make sure everything went back in the right places.
It took me about 45 mins but I could do another one much faster. You get into a rhythm.
Shaun gave me some guidelines & I used tweezers to push the button 'teeth' out.
I didn't need to unplug the faders.

End result:
3 tour shows this weekend as backing DJ for a band - flawless cue button hitting...

Did you take pics while you were replacing the parts? Care to share?
SUBSTANCE 7:19 AM - 24 July, 2012
I posted a bunch of photos on my twitter feed. It's public so you don't have to follow me to look.
twitter.com

Individual pic links (I don't know why these aren't posting as links properly)
twitter.com!/djsubstancenz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2F8Uy7Z
fDo

twitter.com!/djsubstancenz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FOFaME
iqi

twitter.com!/djsubstancenz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fj36mm
aub

twitter.com!/djsubstancenz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fj36mm
aub

twitter.com!/djsubstancenz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2F0anCQ
frm
DJ Barticus 7:35 AM - 25 July, 2012
sadly this just happened to my left cue 1 button. still works, it's just lower and sometimes harder to trigger.

i shall be emailing soon, just need to find a time when i wont need my mixer. after touching the 62 its hard to want to play a gig on anything else.
funkyfresh2012 3:12 AM - 16 August, 2012
Sadly, my mixer just fell victim to this.

Shaun, i sent you a private message on how to get it repaired.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:43 PM - 20 August, 2012
Sorry, I was out of the office for a few days. I'll check the PM now :)
Dazel 8:33 AM - 9 September, 2012
Quote:
sadly this just happened to my left cue 1 button. still works, it's just lower and sometimes harder to trigger.

Yeah same here, just happen this week. Manufacture month is february.

I'm in Canada, but the mixer was bought in US.
Dazel 8:33 AM - 9 September, 2012
Right cue 1 button also but less than the left
dj shadow from detroit 6:33 PM - 9 September, 2012
I had the same issue with my 61... sent it in and they replaced all the buttons that obviously have issues ( design of the original buttons are built weak )
anyways been working perfect the buttons are stronger , durable and you can tell a difference. sucks we have to send it in but serato has great costumer service. this is why no one should ever buy a new mixer , design on the first run.
I will wait next time.
Dazel 12:51 AM - 13 September, 2012
Hey Shaun,

I'm in Canada. Is there a way to send me replacement button instead ?
ral 3:02 PM - 13 September, 2012
my EFX ON is misfiring (and i seldom use it). i might have to send it too.....
DJ Prinvale` 5:46 PM - 17 September, 2012
My mixer is on the way!! Looks like my problem was identical to the others in this thread.

Next day air was damn expensive but I have a gig on Thursday :(
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:45 PM - 19 September, 2012
Quote:
Hey Shaun,

I'm in Canada. Is there a way to send me replacement button instead ?

Replacing the buttons is not an easy task therefor either we would need to replace them or the distributor in your country would.
If you bought your unit in the US you will need to send us the mixer for the replacement of the buttons:(
Dazel 2:06 AM - 20 September, 2012
Shipping it to US would be really expensive and probably gonna have problem with custom fees.

Shaun already have my address for shipping the button. I usually don't have problem opening mixer repair them myself.

Hope everything will goes well
djkrisp 9:20 PM - 20 September, 2012
damn i think my 1st cue button is broken too it miss fires and doesnt feel the same as the others i live in Vancouver Canada which is very close to the rane factory what would my turn around look like? I would even be willing to drive it over the border to get serviced.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:54 PM - 21 September, 2012
As far as I know we're not going to be able to send you those caps but I'll let you speak with Shaun about it.

Krisp... if you want to drive down and drop in we should be able to fix it that afternoon. I can't promise that but usually we're able to make that happen.

Same goes for you Dazel (not sure if you're also in Vancouver?).
Dazel 4:25 PM - 23 September, 2012
The problem is crossing two times the border with the mixer.

Probably gonna have to pay some customs fees somewhere, specially if you use the original box.
djkrisp 3:23 AM - 25 October, 2012
got my mixer back and the buttons do feel alot more solid. Thank to the guys at contact distribution in canada for changing all the buttons on my mixer not just the cue points but every single button on the mixer! :)
DJ506 2:21 AM - 1 November, 2012
~ I'm having issues with my cue buttons and my Flex FX buttons too. :(
djkrisp 4:42 AM - 1 November, 2012
sounds like you have also got 1 of the 62's first run.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:07 PM - 1 November, 2012
Hit me up and I'll get you sorted! :)

Rane contact > rane.com
Jukebox 5:06 AM - 2 November, 2012
is there a way to tell by serial number if your 62 is a 1st gen?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:35 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
is there a way to tell by serial number if your 62 is a 1st gen?

I be glad to look into it. E-mail me your serial number and I'll find out :)

Rane contact > rane.com
asthmatic 10:02 PM - 2 November, 2012
i think you will receive a bunch of emails on this. I will send mine when I get to my mixer.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:43 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
i think you will receive a bunch of emails on this. I will send mine when I get to my mixer.

It's been a while since I've heard of any new occurrences. If you know anyone experiencing issues with their Sixty-One or Sixty-Two buttons, please make sure they contact us at Rane :)
asthmatic 5:59 AM - 3 November, 2012
I was talking about just checking serial numbers to be safe. :)
goatee 10:43 PM - 10 November, 2012
hello shaun

i have received your mail, and the buttons do feel more solid after i change it..

thx for helping me shaun :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:57 PM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
hello shaun

i have received your mail, and the buttons do feel more solid after i change it..

thx for helping me shaun :)

My pleasure. Thank you for using Rane professional audio gear!
Musically Minded 4:33 PM - 14 November, 2012
just sent mine in for repairs (cue button mis-firing), missing my 62 already!!!

really gotta give it up to the Rane and their aftersales support!!!
DJ506 3:56 AM - 16 November, 2012
~ Sent mine in for repair. Good as new! Thanks RANE. :)
Musically Minded 8:38 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

just got my mixer back!!! wanna say a big thanx to shaun and the whole rane crew!!!
what great service! 7 day repair turn around including shipping from cayman islands and back!!!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:50 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

just got my mixer back!!! wanna say a big thanx to shaun and the whole rane crew!!!
what great service! 7 day repair turn around including shipping from cayman islands and back!!!

That's how we roll :) Thank you for using Rane!
Phono Jones 3:38 PM - 27 December, 2012
Unfortunately i also have fallen victim to the defective Rane 62 cue point buttons. Glad to see Rane is on top of being very friendly on this issue and willing to fix the problem. What sucks is the mixer is integral to my residencies because i use Serato Video, and i DJ every Thursday, Friday, Saturday. So being without it will take a MAJOR(over a G) chunk out of my pay. Need this fixed asap please.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:03 PM - 27 December, 2012
Call us and we'll sort it out:) 425-355-6000.
Phono Jones 7:02 PM - 2 January, 2013
Are the new and improved buttons kind of the same? or are they a full re-design to make them more like pads i.e. like the dicers? The engineers must realize that the majority of people are going to be creative with their cue point mixing and potentially banging away on them. i.e. If you're beat juggling and using your cue points to get back to the beginning, then speed in hand movement will be used, hence potential force being used on the cue buttons.

Ive also noticed that when using cue point buttons quickly on the 62 that i will lose them on my mixer, and cant be triggered there. I have to resort to the computer keyboard for my cue points. Anyone else have this issue?
dj shadow from detroit 7:16 PM - 2 January, 2013
they look the same. but trigger better. i had my 61 replaced and they work now. mine did the same thing... they stopped triggering and caved in also.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:39 PM - 3 January, 2013
Quote:
Ive also noticed that when using cue point buttons quickly on the 62 that i will lose them on my mixer, and cant be triggered there.

This shouldn't be happening and its the first I've heard of it.

As Shadow said, the cue caps aren't different other than the hinge being thicker on the redesign.
Phono Jones 7:43 PM - 11 January, 2013
Got my 62 back. New Buttons feel sturdier. Gonna bang out on them and put them to the test. ahhahahah. Thanks RANE!!
Phono Jones 7:50 PM - 11 January, 2013
Used the 62 last night. I did, once again lose my cue points on the left side again and could only trigger them through my laptop. Not sure why this is happening? I remember this happening when using my SL4 and it turned out to be the ~ button which is beside the 1 on my laptop. It shifts focus on the cue points. Not sure if this is a similar situation with the 62? Where i press a certain key on my laptop and it shifts focus on the cue points and i lose them?
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:11 PM - 11 January, 2013
Hey Phono... I'm guessing the issue is that you accidentally went into a different group on the mixer.
This is done by pressing the Cues/Samples button and then pressing the 1-5 cues for both PGM 1 and PGM 2.
Ollie 5:49 AM - 12 January, 2013
Just curious, at what batch of mixers did Rane change/upgrade the cue buttons? My 62 was manufactured in July 2012. Should I take preventative measures and send it for an upgrade to avoid having them break during an actual gig? Just had a gig last month were Dj's Melo-D, Eman, Icy Ice and Virman jumped on it and fortunately it held up.
Phono Jones 6:41 PM - 12 January, 2013
Good looking out Zach!! I will try to re-create my scenario and use your solution. It sounds like it could be whats happening. Rane all day, errry day!!!
Phono Jones 8:00 PM - 18 January, 2013
Quote:
Hey Phono... I'm guessing the issue is that you accidentally went into a different group on the mixer.
This is done by pressing the Cues/Samples button and then pressing the 1-5 cues for both PGM 1 and PGM 2.

Unfortunately Zach, that doesnt seem to be the issue. It happened again last night and tried the different cues. That didnt solve the issue. Also, its not only the cues that i lose, its the samples as well and basically the entire left side. Scroll knob, loops, etc... This normally happens 2 hrs into my set, which i find odd. If i power off and then back on the mixer they come back. Possible software issue?
Phono Jones 9:39 PM - 18 January, 2013
So it seems it has nothing to do with 2 hrs into my set. thats just when i start using my cues/samples more often and quickly. Im sitting at home and have re-created the problem consecutively. Apparently when going back and forth from cues to samples quickly, and triggering them, randomly the left side loses everything. The right side is fine. Its definitely not the different bank scenario.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:24 PM - 18 January, 2013
So when this happens and you hold down the cues/samples button and press the Cue 1 button for the left side the controls still don't work?
It may be helpful if you provide a video showing what you are seeing.
Phono Jones 5:49 PM - 21 January, 2013
Your solution, hold down the cues/samples button and press the Cue 1 button works. Not sure why it does? But it does. Can you give me some info on what i'm doing to get to the point im at and how does your solution solve that problem? Thanks.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:05 PM - 21 January, 2013
The problem is that you are, at some point, hitting the cues/samples button and then triggering one of the cues 2-5 which is putting you in a different group.
At that point all your mappings are INOP.
Hitting cues/samples and then pressing Cue 1 brings you back to the first group.
Phono Jones 8:22 PM - 21 January, 2013
Ok, thanks for your help!!. Is this putting me in a Multi-channel MIDI layer mapping? If so is there a way to disable it? Also what does INOP stand for and mean?
monchi 9:51 PM - 21 January, 2013
inop means probably Inoperative.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:21 PM - 22 January, 2013
Yes.. you are jumping to a different layer.
There is no way to disable it.

INOP stands for inoperable.
BERTO 5:17 AM - 27 January, 2013
Since the 62z is a limited edition (assuming one batch made) do they run the chance of having the cue button failure?
djkrisp 6:16 AM - 27 January, 2013
I have the 62z and my cue buttons were faulty if that answers your question. I think it depends on when your mixer was made i had one of the 62z first run.
dj-freestyle 6:53 PM - 5 March, 2013
Im buying a 62 z this week. Are there bad ones still out there at gc?
JohnCaniford 2:20 AM - 6 March, 2013
I have the same problem, i need to send it in, but its never a good time to send it in, im trying to buy a 57 or possibly another 62 to keep in my studio so i can send this one out.
djkurve 3:25 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
No drum sticks allowed for cue points.........?

+10 LOL!
Jon1st 12:25 AM - 29 March, 2013
Hi, I experienced this issue today. One of my cue/sample buttons snapped. I took off the faceplate and the plastic hinge had snapped. The circuit etc was fine. Rane, do you have a UK contact I can get in touch with to organise this getting fixed? It will be covered by the mixer's warranty right?
Many thanks!
Jon
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:55 PM - 29 March, 2013
Hey Jon... I just send you a private message. We'll get you sorted:)
Kratz 12:44 PM - 5 April, 2013
hey i am from germany need also help
Dj-Pyro 12:48 PM - 6 April, 2013
Happened to me too.. In Taiwan and don't wanna wait for it to be shipped because we'll have to use our 68 that no one likes. Also, the EQ knobs are pretty loose. The nut that holds the potentiometer to the faceplate is tight. The problem is actually inside the potentiometer assembly. Feels cheap, which it shouldn't for the price. Oh, and the joystick flew off it's post and into the crowd when I was playing. Lol, tried to find it later in the night, but that was pointless.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:50 PM - 8 April, 2013
If anyone is having issues with their mixer call us and we'll sort it out --> 425-355-6000.
Jon1st 11:46 AM - 22 May, 2013
Hi Zach,
Just sent you a private message about this :)
Speak soon!
AustinG 8:03 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:

Quality service! You guys are the best. Glad to see you admit when you identify an issue. There aren't many companies in the US that will do this. Keep up the great work.
AustinG 8:05 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:

My crew already has two, one of which has had this problem repaired.. How will we know when this issue has been sorted out? I'm ready to buy another 62 but am a little reluctant to buy right now.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:17 PM - 4 June, 2013
The issue has been sorted for quite a while now:)
DJ Jayc 1:31 AM - 24 August, 2013
Probably beginning from now on, all I could say is I'm depressely disappointed with the "AS" (after service) from RANE.
DJ RaNz 7:40 AM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
The issue has been sorted for quite a while now:)

How do i know that the mixer i buy have the fixed better cue buttons ?
can you see it on the serial nr or anything else.

I live in Sweden & will most likely order the Rane sixty two from the states
bcoz it's 1200 US $ cheaper, so i want a mixer with the fixed buttons
and hope that the mixer will work fine without any other issues.

hopefully i dont have to send it to US for repairs.
DJ RaNz 1:29 PM - 29 August, 2013
but if i buy a Z-Trip edition will i get the old buttons ??
djkurve 5:18 PM - 29 August, 2013
I can tell you this much. I had one of the first batches of 62's and Chad told me they started a new batch of 62's in September 2012.
Joee 5:25 PM - 29 August, 2013
same here all of mines are first batch 2 get heavy use the other 2 not so much, but i haven't had any problems with the buttons
djkurve 9:20 PM - 29 August, 2013
Quote:
same here all of mines are first batch 2 get heavy use the other 2 not so much, but i haven't had any problems with the buttons

Get heavy?
Joee 9:30 PM - 29 August, 2013
^^^ i have four mixers two get a lot of use the other don't
djkurve 9:36 PM - 29 August, 2013
Oh ok. Had some trouble understanding what you were saying.
Joee 9:48 PM - 29 August, 2013
Quote:
Oh ok. Had some trouble understanding what you were saying.

o ok, i thought everyone knew i had four, there was a hole thing on the forum when i first bought them

apparently since i didn't take a pic of all four together i didn't own them......lol
monchi 12:33 AM - 30 August, 2013
So you sayn you got 8gs in Rane mixers, yet can post a free pic, pic or it don't exist foolio.
Joee 12:47 AM - 30 August, 2013
listen i'm not gonna get into it again, all the forum members seen me post my invoice with the first two that a bought, and than they saw the pictures i posted of the first two brand spanking new mixers when i got them

than i got two more, if you didn't see them go hunt the serato setup picture tread & no Not 8gs i payed $1,625 each for mines & i'm not just saying that forum regulars saw the invoice
Joee 12:59 AM - 30 August, 2013
Quote:
So you sayn you got 8gs in Rane mixers, yet can post a free pic, pic or it don't exist foolio.

foolio? WORD? heres a tease for ya, you might not know how to find it, but only two

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
dj shadow from detroit 4:22 AM - 30 August, 2013
How did you get your stand to fit at that height?
dj shadow from detroit 4:23 AM - 30 August, 2013
I mean the connection to the coffin
Joee 12:01 PM - 30 August, 2013
^^ it's just a odyssey L Stand with the clamps & thats the lowest setting it goes higher if you want it to-------> www.sonicelectronix.com
hersh20 6:22 PM - 30 August, 2013
broke another button! Help please
dj shadow from detroit 1:46 AM - 4 September, 2013
Thank you for the info Joee
Musically Minded 4:36 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:
The new buttons are molded the same way, but with a much better material. The new material is much more flexible and durable. During our testing, the new material knocked it out of the park. The color is a little different- less "milky." The texture is slightly more rubbery. It diffuses light much better. And due to their flexibility, you can feel the switch underneath much better. All in all they're quite nice.

Is there any way these buttons can be retrofitted to a 62?

I would love to know this as well, my right side #1 Cue button broke for a second time. - Rane is sending me replacement button(s) so............ will i get the buttons that are made from a new material??????????

If not will these "better material" buttons be available for the 62?
Musically Minded 7:03 PM - 25 September, 2013
No luck on rane sending me the buttons, going have to send my mixer in for service, thanks to all the guys at rane! your customer service is truley top notch!!!!!.

DJ Natural, Cayman Islands.
DJ Jayc 8:08 PM - 9 October, 2013
Honestly, sorry to say but Serato is getting better but rane is getting worst... speechless...
Could you imagine whad Im sayin...
dj-freestyle 2:52 PM - 10 October, 2013
Your rane statement is so far off base. what dj company can you pick up the phone and call or they will call you to handle a isse. none. zach is on the forum everyday delaign with issues and will call you right away if you ask to explain or help. trying getting help from pioneer or anyother company like that. good luck.
boabmatic 4:50 PM - 10 October, 2013
+1 on what freestyle said, Rane's service goes way beyond what you would get for other manufacturers.
Musically Minded 5:09 PM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
+1 on what freestyle said, Rane's service goes way beyond what you would get for other manufacturers.

+100
Djkom 8:35 AM - 11 October, 2013
Quote:
Honestly, sorry to say but Serato is getting better but rane is getting worst... speechless...

Dude have you read my whole thread ??? All companies make mistakes but but only a few part of them fix them quickly with such high customer satisfaction.
So yes RANE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN SO FAR!
I was the first to encounter this issue and even if I'm French and I'm located in Paris, they send me the new buttons for free very fast with the replacement guidelines.
After that they have updated their production line of the Sixty Two within a few months only!

Dj Jayc, please realize the facts and don't say bullshits ...
hersh20 5:58 PM - 18 October, 2013
@jayc im with you man. my 62 has broken 4 times already (buttons 3 times, faders 1ce) and i havent had it more than a year. i had my 57 for like 5 years an NEVER had a problem other than lubing the faders. the new rane stuff just hasnt been up to par with the old. that being said though im sticking with them since their customer service is (and has been) excellent.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:56 PM - 18 October, 2013
Hersh... I gotta say.. you have had the worst luck with your mixer or you're banging on it really hard.
There are a ton of 62s out there that have not suffered from any broken cues.
Hopefully this will be the last time you will be needing to send it in for a broken cue.
dj-freestyle 9:25 PM - 19 October, 2013
Rane mixers are tanks so bad luck is right. ive owned every mixer on the planet over 25 years of djing and rane by far builds a superior product. hopefully they get your fixed.
hersh20 3:27 AM - 4 November, 2013
guys this thing has been bad luck all the way around. i noticed the new fader pieces are a different plastic too than i have ever seen. new ones are clear and old were black.....
djkrisp 3:46 AM - 4 November, 2013
i want new faders how much RANE?
DJ Jayc 6:12 AM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Dude have you read my whole thread ??? All companies make mistakes but but only a few part of them fix them quickly with such high customer satisfaction.
So yes RANE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN SO FAR!
I was the first to encounter this issue and even if I'm French and I'm located in Paris, they send me the new buttons for free very fast with the replacement guidelines.
After that they have updated their production line of the Sixty Two within a few months only!

Dj Jayc, please realize the facts and don't say bullshits ...

Well, first I must say you wouldn't understand the difference between the nots and tricks behind the customer service desk.. Yes they provide professional services but only to certain clients.. and of course you are from France but you in Paris and I doubt you have any distributor or service retailers at your place either that's why u need to sent it back to Rane US. But you wouldn't understand for clients like me which is from another side of the globe across the Rane US and the distributor over my side here is totally sucks while Rane US couldn't do anything and didn't do anything about it to help us solve problems with clients like us. At least they sent you the buttons and the replacement guidelines but over here when I contact Rane, they will just say sent my mixer back to my distributor (which they are sucks) or if I replace anything myself Rane will just grant me a warranty void on my 62.. Dude.. I can't explain much here but the conclusion is every single client should felt being treated differently instead of the same position. It's either good or bad @Djkom.

Quote:
@jayc im with you man. my 62 has broken 4 times already (buttons 3 times, faders 1ce) and i havent had it more than a year. i had my 57 for like 5 years an NEVER had a problem other than lubing the faders. the new rane stuff just hasnt been up to par with the old. that being said though im sticking with them since their customer service is (and has been) excellent.

Thanks for understanding what I mean... See some feel differently and some felt the same like me but why not suppose everyone should feel the same position under the same situation ! Thank you @hersh20.
Djkom 4:55 PM - 4 November, 2013
@Jayc ...OK I see now, it's quite strange from RANE US to act like this, maybe it's because US local laws but I can imagine that it could be a pain to pass through the distributors to have access to RANE customer service...
DJ Jayc 10:44 AM - 6 November, 2013
Thank you @Djkom.
djkrisp 2:24 AM - 27 December, 2013
Broke another cue button when is rane open again so i can get my mixer to them.