Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The DJ Intro program isn't stable

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Vestax Typhoon
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Jessie Irie 1:55 AM - 24 April, 2012
I am using dj intro with the Vestax Typhoon. It isn't always stable. Sometimes it freezes, then I have to shut it down and restart it. It happened twice last month in a two hour period as I did my radio gig. I have never had such problems with scratch live. When I play on intro for a while, the tracks sometimes lag a little bit (slows down and sounds a little distorted as if i am using a pitch bend feature). I think that when this is happening, the red cpu light is on. The lagging goes and comes from time to time during my set. I am afraid that it is going to freeze or crash. I am using Windows XP with a dual core processor. My computer specs are above the minimum required for dj intro. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2.Um.@.X 5:07 PM - 24 April, 2012
Jessie Irie,

I have experienced the same thing before with my other laptop with WinXP. Try analyze all the files first before you use the unit on a gig and don't use WIFI and other applications than SERATO DJ INTRO. When I eliminate all those, mine did not have problems anymore. Give me a shoutout when you tried these.

Good luck!
Jessie Irie 2:16 AM - 25 April, 2012
I have turned off wifi and other applications. The only thing that I didn't do is reanalyze all of my files. I actually reanalyzed a good portion of my files 3 months ago. I did this in scratch live and not dj intro. If I analyze in Scratch Live, do I have to analyze in intro as well?
2.Um.@.X 5:00 PM - 25 April, 2012
I do not have Scratch Live, but just a precaution better analyze it with DJ INTRO as well.
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:57 AM - 26 April, 2012
Hey Jessie,

Make sure you analyze all you files when you can. Also run through this optimization guide to :serato.com

Thanks for your help on this one 2.Um@.X :)

Regards
Dave W
4:00 AM, 10 May 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.