DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My TTM 57 + Laptop were stolen

DJ Yaz 1:16 AM - 29 December, 2007
So if any of you come across a ttm57 with the serial number 0000000000210047925 that is stolen property. Hit me up on the forum and let me know, if someone can recover the gear and/or point me in the direction of who took it I will pay them at least $2K. There was also a headliner bag with all kinds of accessories taken along with a Sony Vaio with a missing number 6 key.

Luckily all my music was backed up so I'm cool.

Please people, back up your music! That saved my ass!

There was also a silver TT57 case and a Shure wireless mic with YAZ spray painted all over them.

Please keep an eye out. I know it's all probably gone forever but I can hope.

Thanks guys!
VJ Justin Allen 3:08 AM - 29 December, 2007
Yaz,

Can you tell us where and what city?
DJ Prinvale` 3:12 AM - 29 December, 2007
fuck will keep my eye out on eBay. I'm usually browsing it during the day.
DJ Yaz 4:55 AM - 29 December, 2007
Portland Oregon. I doubt they would try to do anything here with it though. The word is very out about this here. I posted a myspace bulletin about it and I have a lot friends in the music biz keeping an eye out. Ebay/craigslist and/or other cities I don't know?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.
nik39 4:24 AM - 30 December, 2007
That sucks :( how did it happen?
eye357 3:31 PM - 30 December, 2007
Listen, people get low jack for your laptops. only 50.00 bucks so worth it. and your auto insurance has insurance for equipment. 10,000 coverage is about 20 bucks a month. truly worth it. sorry about your stuff but once their fault twice your fault.
djfossey 11:59 PM - 30 December, 2007
i cant even imagine having my 57 and macbook pro stolen i feel for ya bro
dj luis 10:57 AM - 31 December, 2007
feel for ya bro - hope you find your gear
Soulved 10:12 PM - 1 January, 2008
Quote:
feel for ya bro - hope you find and torture the fuck

wow dude... Thats just plain out of line
stevie o 3:52 AM - 2 January, 2008
Thats depressing news. I hope the guy whole stole it gets life without the possibility of parole. Thank god u backed up ur music and also thank god it was only a Sony vaio. My girl has a Sony vaio. She doesnt trust that thing to tell proper time. Sorry for your loss though.
DJ Yaz 6:28 AM - 2 January, 2008
Thanks for the support guys.

Hey Nik, what's up man. So it was in my car and likely will be covered by insurance. My girl is moving in and took over the garage where I usually park when I have gear in the car. I also live in a pretty nice neighborhood so I wasn't being as cautious as I should. Go figure??? Expensive lesson learned.

I now have a Macbook Pro and ironically this may be a good thing. I was really dragging my feet on going to the mac, but now I'm really glad I did.
DJ Yaz 6:50 AM - 2 January, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
feel for ya bro - hope you find and torture the fuck

wow dude... Thats just plain out of line

No it's not. If I ever caught who did this I would beat them within and inch of their life. Think if I didn't have my shit backed up man. This could have destroyed or damaged my livelyhood forever. That's some cold shit to do so your monkey ass can get a sound mixer you don't understand and a laptop worth maybe $400?

I've made some security changes around the house/car and I have a special surprise for the next person that tries to fuck with my shit.
treeo730 10:48 PM - 7 January, 2008
wow i feel for you man... make sure you peep craigslist