DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I HAVE A LONG MIX, I WANT TO SPLIT TRACKS. WHAT PROGRAM CAN DO THIS?

AO_Mixtape_DJ 2:55 AM - 27 December, 2007
So i got these dj mixxes. Some 30minutes long some longer than 2hours. I need to be able to split the tracks at certain spots so that instead of a 2hr mix on one track. it will switch to track 2 at a certain point then track 3 at another...so on and so on.

then what program can i use so that when i burn the cd, the id tage pop in a differnet computer. like it will say the title and song name.?

thanks once again
DJ AO
www.planbdjs.com
DJ Aliyo 4:17 AM - 27 December, 2007
cool edit pro
DjLegendLA 5:01 AM - 27 December, 2007
Great Topic. Thanks Aliyo I've been looking for the same program. Thanks a lot.
DJ A Smooth 5:23 AM - 27 December, 2007
i believe cd architect by sony also works or nero..
J3RMZ 5:24 AM - 27 December, 2007
make sure each file is saved as a wav. file instead of mp3 if you dont want the pause in between your mixed tracks
Logisticalstyles 5:27 AM - 27 December, 2007
Samplitude
feniks 6:03 AM - 27 December, 2007
Pro Tools.
Logisticalstyles 5:25 PM - 27 December, 2007
I thought you couldn't do that in Protools, unless you're talking about what J3RMZ said.
Audio1 5:45 PM - 27 December, 2007
Soundforge has CD Architect. Works wonders... or just open up your wave file in SOundforge and Add Markers/Regions in the areas you want to split to a new track, then click on "Create All Regions"... It saves all your regions as split up wavs. Just food for thought!
djbabyboy 8:17 PM - 27 December, 2007
Damn how many time do someone have to ask this damn question with doing a search.
DJ Sniffles 9:14 PM - 27 December, 2007
CD Architect. You cant go wrong with CD Architect
DJ d.range 9:22 PM - 27 December, 2007
Quote:
cool edit pro

where in cool edit pro?? i haven't been able to find this function
Konix 9:31 PM - 27 December, 2007
Quote:

where in cool edit pro?? i haven't been able to find this function

You have to set markers, then do some other stuff. I've explained it all here...scratchlive.net, although this is with Adobe Audition, which used to be Cool Edit Pro, but I don't think it should be much different.
DJ d.range 9:39 PM - 27 December, 2007
kool i'll check that out, thanx
DJ Aliyo 9:54 PM - 27 December, 2007
better yet... check here www.bbctraining.com

to busy to read these days! lol
AO_Mixtape_DJ 8:05 AM - 28 December, 2007
thanks....
i'll look into one of these programs and let ya'll know how it goes

check out my mix

www.myspace.com
DJ Josh V 1:19 PM - 28 December, 2007
I use to use different programs to create a cue sheet and then use NERO to burn.Never could figure it out in Sound Forge.I found a way to do it just using nero,pretty simple.
spinner t 8:14 PM - 28 December, 2007
I never could get SoundForge to work for me for continuous non stop mixes. CD Architect however is the way to go! Easy and Accurate
djbriguy 8:27 PM - 28 December, 2007
HIIIII. I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS OK? THATS OK SINCE YOUR TOPIC IS IN ALL CAPS, RIGHT?

OK WELL THERES A COOL THING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SSL FORUMS CALLED SEARCH

I TYPE IN "SPLIT TRACKS CD" AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!
www.scratchlive.net

ITS AMAZING!

CAPS! CAPS AHHHHH
Konix 8:52 PM - 28 December, 2007
Quote:
I never could get SoundForge to work for me for continuous non stop mixes

Set markers (M key), convert markers to regions, export regions.
spinner t 9:19 PM - 28 December, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I never could get SoundForge to work for me for continuous non stop mixes

Set markers (M key), convert markers to regions, export regions.

Thanks I have to try this tonight!
DJ d.range 11:02 PM - 28 December, 2007
Quote:
HIIIII. I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS OK? THATS OK SINCE YOUR TOPIC IS IN ALL CAPS, RIGHT?

www.scratchlive.net

ITS AMAZING!

CAPS! CAPS AHHHHH

LOL . . . I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS GONNA BRING THAT UP . . . DIDN'T THE DISCLAIMER POP UP
FS2-4salePM @ soon-2-be-ex-FSuser 10:40 AM - 29 December, 2007
!
djtekno 10:51 AM - 29 December, 2007
Sony Acid Pro FTW!
DJ Sniffles 2:42 PM - 29 December, 2007
using acid is to tedious for that. plus u have to save all ur seperated tracks blah blah

in cd arcitecht u juss set where u want ur tracks and let the cd burn.

end result? cd burned to tracks and ur left with ur one big file to save space
Daim 6:22 PM - 29 December, 2007
Quote:
Samplitude

+1
AO_Mixtape_DJ 6:13 AM - 3 January, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

www.scratchlive.net

ITS AMAZING!

CAPS! CAPS AHHHHH

LOL . . . I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS GONNA BRING THAT UP . . . DIDN'T THE DISCLAIMER POP UP

REALLY NOW.... whats wrong with a BIG LETTERS? who has the right to say that a CAPITAL Letter means shouting...the disclaimer says that to some people it may be shouting...others just brush it off and help...thanks for the input on your feelings towards BIG LETTERS...

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJryantheHUGE 7:38 AM - 3 January, 2008
Quote:
using acid is to tedious for that. plus u have to save all ur seperated tracks blah blah

in cd arcitecht u juss set where u want ur tracks and let the cd burn.

end result? cd burned to tracks and ur left with ur one big file to save space

Actually, I stumbled upon a way to do this in Acid, and it's really easy - just put the cursor where you want the track mark, then hit the "N" key. It will in sert a track marker that you can drag back and forth. Then go to tools>Burn Disc-at-once Audio CD and it will burn the cd with no gaps between the tracks.
tagg 5:10 PM - 3 January, 2008
NERO has always worked fine for me. It reads the mix, shows the wave, then you just click wherever you want to split the tracks. I record my mix in cool-edit, the split it with Nero before I burn the CD...

tagg
Kam456 9:20 PM - 3 January, 2008
Since were on the topic, i use soundforge to split my tracks but i'm considering buying a new MAC laptop.

what programs on a MAC can split tracks easily in a cut and paste type way ?
DJ GaFFle 10:18 PM - 3 January, 2008
Quote:
Since were on the topic, i use soundforge to split my tracks but i'm considering buying a new MAC laptop.

what programs on a MAC can split tracks easily in a cut and paste type way ?

Try Amadeus Pro. You can try a free demo here: www.hairersoft.com

I use it and it works really well. When you create markers to split the tracks, it lets you immediately name the markers so they'll show on CD players with song banners.

I also tried a demo of DSP-quattro. People say it is as good as Peak Pro but it crashed on me twice when I was working with markers & regions. I'm running a Powerbook G4.
DJ GaFFle 10:19 PM - 3 January, 2008
^^ Amadeus Pro let's you burn directly to CD when you're done instead of having to port over to a Nero or Toast program.
MSF 11:22 PM - 3 January, 2008
imma try that 'amadeus pro'.... I have been using 'cdrdao'(command line) and creating Table of Contents files to create track separations and burn on the fly.
AO_Mixtape_DJ 10:28 PM - 15 August, 2008
hey i heard a rumor you can use sony acid pro (which i own version 6) to also split tracks. any ideas how?
::the:mix:mason:: 11:44 AM - 27 November, 2008
im gonna try that amadeus pro...sounds cool
JonnieSpinns 4:43 AM - 28 November, 2008
on mac i use wave burnner, works great!