DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best non mac laptop for serato?

Dj one9 6:37 PM - 17 April, 2012
It's time to retire my current MacBook. Since I only have about a year left in my DJ career. I'm not looking to spend a lot of $$$ on a new MAC. I only need it for Serato.

What would you recomeend i get?
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:48 PM - 17 April, 2012
HP or Toshiba
Crackpipe 6:49 PM - 17 April, 2012
Quote:
Since I only have about a year left in my DJ career.

Are you terminally ill?
Dj one9 6:53 PM - 17 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Since I only have about a year left in my DJ career.

Are you terminally ill?

lol ... just getting old.
CMOS 7:04 PM - 17 April, 2012
I just picked this up for my daily use. Its 13" backlit spill resistant keyboard. Total was like 6 and change with a 3 year next day onsite warranty.

Its a dope lil machine:

www.dell.com
thatdeonguy 8:02 PM - 17 April, 2012
Dj 19
I hope we don't hear you screaming here in the forum, after you switch from a Mac to a PC for running serato.
Your DJ career may end even sooner when your new PC locks up at a gig.
I hope i'm wrong :0)
DJ Dynamite - NJ 8:25 PM - 17 April, 2012
Quote:
Dj 19
I hope we don't hear you screaming here in the forum, after you switch from a Mac to a PC for running serato.
Your DJ career may end even sooner when your new PC locks up at a gig.
I hope i'm wrong :0)

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I've been using windows based laptops for over 6 years and have only had a problem 1 time and it was my fault. On the flipside, 2 weeks ago I was spinning with another DJ that was using a MAC and his froze up on him in the middle of his set, spinning beachball of death, and I had to get back on. And then a few days ago another DJ buddy of mine had to come to me because his MAC screwed up and he lost most of his crates in SSL.

The point I'm getting at is this.. The whole MAC vs. PC battle is pretty lame... after all a MAC is a PC... and also, If you take care of whatever computer you decide to use then you'll be in good shape
Taipanic 8:31 PM - 17 April, 2012
I never really had any problems with my Toshiba Satellite with Serato (no video) and VDJ with video. If I were in your shoes though, I would probably just get a "newer" used Mac mostly because Serato is optimized for Mac first and foremost. VDJ is the opposite - written for PC then ported to Mac.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 8:36 PM - 17 April, 2012
If you have less than a year left then why even bother spending money on a new laptop. just ride it out with what you got. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it
pdidy 10:57 PM - 17 April, 2012
I Call Bullshit...Were is Ashton Kutcher ?........I no when Im i being punked. sheenonline.biz
str8nger 2:15 AM - 18 April, 2012
Quote:
If you have less than a year left then why even bother spending money on a new laptop. just ride it out with what you got. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it

Yea why waist money if u got a Mac, stick with it till it blows up
djdalite 7:17 AM - 18 April, 2012
dont get HP, trust me
Daniel Ventura 7:21 AM - 18 April, 2012
lenovo thinkpad! T or X Series
R-Tistic 8:06 AM - 18 April, 2012
So I was a Windows fanboy that did NOT wanna switch over to Mac. In 2010, I bought a PC, some random brand...it sucked, took it back. Got a Toshiba....it sucked, took it back. Got a HP.....it sucked...took it back.

Moral of the story....closest thing you'll get is a Mac that has the Apple sign covered up. Only way you're good to me
Dj AR1 5:08 PM - 18 April, 2012
i hav a Toshiba Satellite, n i also own a IBM ThinkPAd T-Series wich i carry as a backup, my toshiba has a hd of 500 gigs, n my ibm a 150 gigs... on my toshiba i hav all my music stored on the internal hd, n on my ibm i use my external hard drive...
the idea is to allways hav way extra gigs left wit out use on ur laptop.
less charge for the unit to carry on.

DJ Dynamite, im wit u bro.
Mac n Pc how much is the diference to use SERATO?
ManMan 7:03 PM - 18 April, 2012
I use a Samsung with an i5 processor and have had no issues. My wife has a Macbook Pro and a iMac at the house also. (She is an art professor at the comunity college). I have ran Serato, tracktor and Virtual Dj on all of them and haven't noitced the difference. I will say that if you use your keyboard a lot then maybe the mac book has some advantages but the PC you can get for 1100 bucs running windows 7 will work just as good as the macbook pro. A laptop is a laptop, its the OS that WAS the major difference. I don't care what you are using, if it aint got enough RAM and you got a million songs, you are asking for it.
pdidy 7:20 PM - 18 April, 2012
Quote:
the PC you can get for 1100 bucs running windows 7 will work just as good as the macbook pro.
total untrue....People please STOP spreading this rumor as FACT.
The fact is, the $1000+ windows pc improves your chances of it working as well as a Mac but it in NO way is a guarantee.

Quote:
its the OS that WAS the major difference.
Truth
ManMan 8:10 PM - 18 April, 2012
Pdidy - I don't want to spread rumors, tell me what I am missing. I don't have a preference of Mac or PC. When I play I do not use the CPU that much at all in my mixes so maybe there is something I don't use. I will say that I had set up issues with Windows Xp a few years back when it came to drivers and all that. When I am at home I usually hook up to the iMac but when I play out I take my Samsung ($700) and I really don't see what the difference is when using Serato. I am not saying the PC is better, I am saying I can't tell the difference.
pdidy 9:43 PM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:
The whole MAC vs. PC battle is pretty lame... after all a MAC is a PC...

Man that war was losts years ago an theres nothing you or anyone else can do about it at this point. The WORLD has spoken and it calls them Mac or PC........hey.... It is what it is........lol
DJ Dynamite - NJ 1:50 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
the PC you can get for 1100 bucs running windows 7 will work just as good as the macbook pro.
The fact is, the $1000+ windows pc improves your chances of it working as well as a Mac but it in NO way is a guarantee.

There is NO fact the MAC is better. It's purely based on opinion. Stop drinkin the Apple juice...LOL
Dj AR1 1:53 PM - 20 April, 2012
So damm true. It all just depend wat u using it for.
Dj AR1 1:54 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is NO fact the MAC is better. It's purely based on opinion. Stop drinkin the Apple juice...LOL

Lilz. Ppl talks to much. I had never used a Mac to DJ.
Dj AR1 1:54 PM - 20 April, 2012
I Mean Lolz. Damm blackberry.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 1:57 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
I Mean Lolz. Damm blackberry.

You're not helping the PC users by stating that you still use ancient technology like a blackberry...LOL
str8nger 2:27 PM - 20 April, 2012
People that talk shit about Mac's are just hating cuz they can't afford the glowing apple. they settle for some pc, and convince themselfs that there PC is better. That's true!
Taipanic 2:56 PM - 20 April, 2012
It's as simple as this:

Apple controls all of the hardware for it's laptops. That makes it easier to write programs for. Windows laptops come with all sorts of hardware combinations - the OS is designed to operate with varied hardware, as long as it has properly written drivers for it.
The problem with Windows laptops is that there is the potential of conflicts, based on the hardware used for each brand of laptop. Within each app that is running, some hardware combinations work well together and some do not. If there are no hardware/driver conflicts than a Windows laptop will work as good as a Mac. The trick is getting the right combination of equipment and proper drivers that work best with the aps you need to use. It will generally take more tweaking on a PC to optimize it whereas the Mac will generally "just work".
The other issue, as far as Serato goes, is that it is developed for Mac first, with Windows being secondary. VDJ, on the other hand, is written for PC first, then ported to Mac - the Windows version is more stable and has more features. I used my Windows lappy for over a year with no problems with Scratch but swtched to a 17" Macbook Pro when I decided to do Video.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:10 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
It's as simple as this:

Apple controls all of the hardware for it's laptops. That makes it easier to write programs for. Windows laptops come with all sorts of hardware combinations - the OS is designed to operate with varied hardware, as long as it has properly written drivers for it.
The problem with Windows laptops is that there is the potential of conflicts, based on the hardware used for each brand of laptop. Within each app that is running, some hardware combinations work well together and some do not. If there are no hardware/driver conflicts than a Windows laptop will work as good as a Mac. The trick is getting the right combination of equipment and proper drivers that work best with the aps you need to use. It will generally take more tweaking on a PC to optimize it whereas the Mac will generally "just work".
The other issue, as far as Serato goes, is that it is developed for Mac first, with Windows being secondary. VDJ, on the other hand, is written for PC first, then ported to Mac - the Windows version is more stable and has more features. I used my Windows lappy for over a year with no problems with Scratch but swtched to a 17" Macbook Pro when I decided to do Video.

I agree with you on the hardware conflict aspect of MAC vs PC and if I was to do video I would switch to MAC based on that alone. Otherwise, it's all the same stuff
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:10 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
People that talk shit about Mac's are just hating cuz they can't afford the glowing apple. they settle for some pc, and convince themselfs that there PC is better. That's true!

LOL, now that's funny
dj poisonous handz 4:57 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, now that's funny

yo dynamite hes saying your poor.get in his ass
str8nger 5:43 PM - 20 April, 2012
Not sayin no one is poor. Same shit haters do to
people, they start hatin on the guy that drives a Mercedes Benz! Dude u drive a Honda and yes they both have wheels and get you from point A to point B but the Benz gives u a little more bells and whistle and looks and more power than the Honda the hater is driving. U. Just hating cuz u can't buy a Benz lol
dj poisonous handz 6:08 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Not sayin no one is poor. Same shit haters do to
people, they start hatin on the guy that drives a Mercedes Benz! Dude u drive a Honda and yes they both have wheels and get you from point A to point B but the Benz gives u a little more bells and whistle and looks and more power than the Honda the hater is driving. U. Just hating cuz u can't buy a Benz lol

lol
pdidy 6:16 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

naa i think its you drinkin the windows juice, you forgot i own an use both but im an advanced windows user. its also my preferred os when not djing..... maybe you should reread what i said....
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:46 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

naa i think its you drinkin the windows juice, you forgot i own an use both but im an advanced windows user. its also my preferred os when not djing..... maybe you should reread what i said....

It was a joke dude... get it "Apple" Juice
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:58 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, now that's funny

yo dynamite hes saying your poor.get in his ass

I am poor. I spent all my welfare check money on 3 - TTM 57s and Sixty Two so I can't afford to buy the glowing apple...haha

on the real though, I'm just a MAC hater. I think they're overpriced. I considered buying one this past november but then I found a Toshiba that had better performance, a bigger hard drive and more RAM for 1/3 the price of a Mac Book Pro. And I don't hate on the guy driving the Mercedes Benz, I actually like the quality build of a Honda/Acura instead.

Anyways.. this thread has gone completely sideways. Original poster specifically asked for a NON MAC LAPTOP and this turned into another MAC vs PC convo, so let's get back on topic
pdidy 7:05 PM - 20 April, 2012
Well I guess I'm no help cause my favorite windows PC is a mac running windows.....lol
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:16 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Well I guess I'm no help cause my favorite windows PC is a mac running windows.....lol

LOL
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:17 PM - 20 April, 2012
damn you didy...
"take that, take that, take that"

Now walk to brooklyn, get me a sugar cookie and a bottle of cambodian breast milk
popnwave 7:20 PM - 20 April, 2012
I'd just ask one of the Serato folks what they use and buy the same model :)
pdidy 7:26 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
damn you didy...
"take that, take that, take that"

Now walk to brooklyn, get me a sugar cookie and a bottle of cambodian breast milk

Lol
djaction 9:16 PM - 20 April, 2012
if you're a video DJ you can't possibly consider using a PC
pdidy 9:55 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:

well we have some hardcore, holdout PC fans on here who would.....
NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!.......lol
Some peeps just cant let shit go.....balljunkie.com
DJMark 5:19 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:

I've seen a few who have, and the results including accelerated hair loss speak for themselves.

Take video out of the equation, and I'd consider a good Windows installation on decent hardware to be perfectly adequate. Lack of attention to those two details, however, are where a lot of PC users get led down a path of frustration.
RogerRabbit 8:51 PM - 22 April, 2012
Quote:

People who run to Mac's because they troubleshot windows are Incompetent..

Quote:

I'll just run vdj - if I ever go video.

You mean to tell me, every year processors get faster, cpu and gpu's and memory's in both processors increase and the Serato programming team STILL can't make a decent windows video software.. BuLLSHIT..

Oh yeah, its Microsoft's fault right...
dj poisonous handz 9:20 PM - 22 April, 2012
pdidy 2:08 AM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
well we have some hardcore, holdout PC fans on here who would.....
NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!.......lol

Quote:
I'll just run vdj - if I ever go video.

You mean to tell me, every year processors get faster, cpu and gpu's and memory's in both processors increase and the Serato programming team STILL can't make a decent windows video software.. BuLLSHIT..

Oh yeah, its Microsoft's fault right...

Exhibit A........lol
selectajay 7:04 AM - 23 April, 2012
No way would i ever go back to a Toshiba ..started out with them shits & pure problems on the radio & playing out..bought a Mac in 07..no problems since! if u go PC..i say NO to aToshibaaa:(
they suckkKK!
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:37 PM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:
No way would i ever go back to a Toshiba ..started out with them shits & pure problems on the radio & playing out..bought a Mac in 07..no problems since! if u go PC..i say NO to aToshibaaa:(
they suckkKK!

So you haven't used a Toshiba in 5 years but you still say this? I'm speaking from current experience and my Toshiba has been rock solid.
bicedidit 4:03 PM - 23 April, 2012
i mean, dont the ssl techs build/design the code for ssl on a mac? which would make the mac run smoother, no?

and when you buy a pc, do you delete all the pre installed bullsh*t that will create problems in the future?

i no toshibas tend to run a little hot, but the specs cant be that much different from a mac.
popnwave 11:54 PM - 23 April, 2012
Mac has many less variations of hardware that = less headaches and smaller amount of variables when troubleshooting code.
Viz 2:21 AM - 24 April, 2012
The op will prolly never ask a question here again...
dj poisonous handz 2:29 AM - 24 April, 2012
bro i almost right clicked on your profile pic and hit empty recycle bin
Viz 2:51 AM - 24 April, 2012
Quote:
bro i almost right clicked on your profile pic and hit empty recycle bin
lol

epic btw...
dj poisonous handz 12:38 PM - 24 April, 2012
lol
DjChozn1 12:34 PM - 24 August, 2013
Im on a tight budget here. just want something under $600 usa funds. Had a desk and laptop. both of them windowsXP dell ...worked great in 07...but with newer software by serato dj 1.3.0 AND FX add ons. Whats best for the VESTAX VCI 400DJ? (1-2500 song storage max) PRO.& EXP. ANSWERS ONLY. PLZ. THANKS. www.facebook.com
XCAKID 7:03 PM - 26 August, 2013
Ever heard of a Hackintosh, here's some info for those on a budget, but want to use a mac OS
www.macbreaker.com

Also Mac offers factory refurb models with a 1yr warranty and eligible for Apple Care. They are typically $25%+ off retail. Its how I got my MacBook Pro
store.apple.com|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG
DJ Remy USA 8:52 PM - 27 August, 2013
Quote:
It's time to retire my current MacBook. Since I only have about a year left in my DJ career. I'm not looking to spend a lot of $$$ on a new MAC. I only need it for Serato.

What would you recomeend i get?

be better off repairing what you have unless its older than 2004 pre intel models but those wouldnt run serato anyways especially if your going to stop playing soon why waste the effort on a new laptop.
Jay Mass 1:41 PM - 27 October, 2013
I have a Toshiba i3,8gb and I bought it specifically for Traktor and Serato its ran perfectly without a hitch for three years until this week and now the keyboard has quit working,its making some weird noises and randomly shuts programs down,I was ready to throw it up the wall last night...oh and the zero key came off when I tried hoovering it hahaha :/
HighTopFade 4:51 AM - 2 November, 2013
Anyone running Scratch Live successfully on Windows 8 yet?
RobDJ dotcom 3:53 PM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
Anyone running Scratch Live successfully on Windows 8 yet?

Lol, I didn't even attempt it on 7 till it had been around for like 5+ years.
smiggylad 8:56 PM - 10 April, 2015
right i have zoostorm intel pentium dual core prossesor running 7 64..... never had any issues until i got serato wont shut down, apparently my nearly new £1100 laptop is not compatable with serato... something to do with pentium 6.... so if amd are not supported what is, should have stuck with traktor bullet proof
smiggylad 8:58 PM - 10 April, 2015
time for a you tube video me thinks
Murkster-Dubez 5:58 PM - 12 April, 2015
get a custom built clevo
eugguy 6:01 PM - 16 April, 2015
Get a MacBook and put a Dell sticker on top of the glowing apple.
miss nasty 9:24 PM - 30 April, 2015
ok so I need help lol im trying to get my boyfriend a new laptop he uses the serato dj and the newmark pro II which computer would be best to get. like compatibility wise N all that. was thinking of the HP HPPV15P030NR which is the one with beats sound but I have no idea if it would work with what he uses. HELP SO LOST !!!!! :( THANKS
djnak 1:54 AM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Get a MacBook and put a Dell sticker on top of the glowing apple.

+111
pdidy 2:01 AM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
ok so I need help lol im trying to get my boyfriend a new laptop he uses the serato dj and the newmark pro II which computer would be best to get. like compatibility wise N all that. was thinking of the HP HPPV15P030NR which is the one with beats sound but I have no idea if it would work with what he uses. HELP SO LOST !!!!! :( THANKS

If you really love him get any current macbook pro and watch his eyes glisten with uncontrolled joy......
amphidelic 3:09 AM - 13 January, 2016
*bump*
After over 13 years using Apple laptops for DJ'ing, I'm seriously considering a switch to PC

Apple's design ethos has taken a sharp turn in recent years. The user-repairable/upgradable Unibody laptop design got replaced by Retina models in 2012, glued together to effectively make pricier hardware more disposable. Sells more laptops if the whole unit has to be replaced more often now.
Not to mention, I still use disc media and I'm not interested in buying a peripheral for media importing/burning/playback.

I still use two workhorse MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (2007, 2008), that Serato DJ has only dropped support for this past year, but they run slightly older versions of SDJ, and Scratch Live 2.5 still works great on them.

I'd be more willing to buy a used 2012 Unibody (still $1-1.5K on Craigslist) than any MacBook Pro that came after... Or I could buy new non-Apple hardware with up-to-date specs and still pay less, even though I hate Windows, but the. I'd open a Pandora's Box of having to get various basic Windows apps set up too.

Keep in mind this would be dedicated to DJ/audio/production use, with little-to-no need for a slick online experience or dance graphics.

Any 2016 non-Apple laptops you highly recommend?

Thx!
amphidelic 3:17 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
... little-to-no need for a slick online experience or dance graphics.

-er, I meant "fancy graphics" (damn auto-correct) - But I realize this would rule out MixEmergency, since it's Mac only... But that's a factor's too.
pdidy 6:23 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Any 2016 non-Apple laptops you highly recommend?

My guess is you will get multiple random recommendations which can be useless when trying to establish a standard patern of repeat success as found in any mbp 2008-2015 (Pre-el capitan)
Rhythmpusher 7:47 PM - 25 June, 2016
The MBP I've used for the past three years decided to not like el-capitan and is un fixable without buying a new drive. The tech at Apple Store said the problem is on my board, so I should replace the laptop and not dump money into a new drive.
The new ones are so expensive and look like they were made to break. And the used ones there could be an option but why buy an older one that will only last a year?
Looking for help on finding a reliable solution that is not a Mac.
DJ Remy USA 7:54 PM - 25 June, 2016
I'd get a used 2012 13 inch i7 max out the ram with 16GB the processor is 3.0 which is awesome for a laptop it will be beast and it will run for more than a year my friend
Rhythmpusher 8:09 PM - 25 June, 2016
I'm getting the 2.9 I-7 MPB WITH 16 g for $999!!

Thanks Remy👊
DJ Remy USA 1:25 AM - 27 June, 2016
Enjoy it just be sure to install 10.10 stay away from El Capitan
ElementalLighting 7:14 PM - 28 June, 2016
Kinda new to Serato forums but thought id post my take on this.

Have been DJin for 3-4 years now and always used PC (mainly because I'm a computer engineer and see fruit machines as wildly under-powered for the price)

ANYWHO, I have found that you can NOT use the same laptop you use for other things as your DJ laptop. It starts to have latency and issues and it just gets ugly fast. thankfully I was upgrading laptops recently so I've been using my old 4 year-old Toshiba to run Serato and it works like a charm. No latency, never crashes and because it is Serato (and some lighting software) ONLY (Windows 7 all the way). Boots in 10 seconds and is ready to go Serato wise in about another 10 sec. So if it was to ever go out I'd have my phone play a single song and still have time to reboot, find the next song and mix into it.

Old Laptop specs: i7 intel, 8Gb Ram, Gforce 650M, 15" screen, terrible battery life.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 5:00 PM - 29 June, 2016
Quote:
Kinda new to Serato forums but thought id post my take on this.

Have been DJin for 3-4 years now and always used PC (mainly because I'm a computer engineer and see fruit machines as wildly under-powered for the price)

ANYWHO, I have found that you can NOT use the same laptop you use for other things as your DJ laptop. It starts to have latency and issues and it just gets ugly fast. thankfully I was upgrading laptops recently so I've been using my old 4 year-old Toshiba to run Serato and it works like a charm. No latency, never crashes and because it is Serato (and some lighting software) ONLY (Windows 7 all the way). Boots in 10 seconds and is ready to go Serato wise in about another 10 sec. So if it was to ever go out I'd have my phone play a single song and still have time to reboot, find the next song and mix into it.

Old Laptop specs: i7 intel, 8Gb Ram, Gforce 650M, 15" screen, terrible battery life.

I was using a Toshiba laptop before I got a Mac too. Thing was rock solid and never had any issues. It was also used strictly for my DJ gigs and booted up in no time. Had to get a Mac because I started spinning video and MixEmergency is only available for Mac, but I still use the Toshiba in my studio for recording mixes.
Terry 69 7:46 AM - 10 January, 2018
I'm running a Alienware17 2017 with a 4k display.. The program runs great but the visuals of the waves look like shit compared to a mac, choppy and lagey.. Is there any way to fix this?
FeelingGood 12:55 PM - 31 October, 2018
I was looking up HP ZBook 15 G2, 15,6 Zoll 1920x1080 Full HD, Intel Core i7, 512GB SSD 16GB Win 10 Pro. I think this will meet the requirements. Is it?
DJ JulioYEG 4:10 PM - 31 October, 2018
a used mac will work better than your budget windows pc.. just putting that out there
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 8:44 PM - 31 October, 2018
There is not a "Best non mac laptop for serato".

Sorry to say, its Mac or kick rocks.
Ulrich von Hurtem 8:56 PM - 31 October, 2018
Well, I guess I'm switching to Traktor, because I long ago swore a solemn oath never to buy another Apple product.

Whatevs, my I7 Toshiba works fine with Serato.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:25 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
Well, I guess I'm switching to Traktor, because I long ago swore a solemn oath never to buy another Apple product.

Whatevs, my I7 Toshiba works fine with Serato.

Yep, my iPhone XS Max 512GB seems to work fine as well.
pdidy 10:52 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
Well, I guess I'm switching to Traktor, because I long ago swore a solemn oath never to buy another Apple product..

I wish all of my competition would do the same and swear off Mac's but that's never going to happen smh.....

Apparently, somebody let the secret out....lol
pdidy 10:57 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
a used mac will work better than your budget windows pc.. just putting that out there

Sssshhhhhh......giphy.com
DJ KYAANA 1:14 PM - 1 November, 2018
Well been using a dell xps 15 8gb Ram and 1tb Hdd, but running files ofd external hard drive... And has served me well or still is only that last night after installing the new 4tb Seagate software, it shut down with a disk error and after 10 hours, am still struggling to get the diak repaired.
So am kind of rushing to buy a new laptop for tomorrows gig! and online research appears to point out
1. Apple MacBook 12 inches 2016 for Mac
2. Dell XPS 13 2018 for windows
But I would like a 15" and even better with DVD drive for whenever needed...
I am stuck here at the moment...
Please help
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:38 PM - 1 November, 2018
Well, had to cop the new Mac Mini fully spec'd to compliment my Rane 72. While at it snagged the new fully spec'd ipad pro so I can stream Spotify at my gigs and pretend like I am doing something.

Will report back to let you know how the new machines work!
DJ JulioYEG 5:25 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Well, had to cop the new Mac Mini fully spec'd to compliment my Rane 72. While at it snagged the new fully spec'd ipad pro so I can stream Spotify at my gigs and pretend like I am doing something.

lmaoooooo this post is art
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:32 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

lmaoooooo this post is art

Call me Picasso!
DJ Remy USA 7:13 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:

This is true, all my macs are used and rock solid. Still on a 2012 maxed out mac book pro I got used for 900$ on ebay.
Comrade Tulayev 8:04 PM - 1 November, 2018
Don't listen to the fashion victim more money than sense brigade. You don't need to shell out for a Mac.
DJ JulioYEG 8:31 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Don't listen to the fashion victim more money than sense brigade. You don't need to shell out for a Mac.

LOL dont listen to the idiot who cant afford one so he hates on it and cant properly give an opinion because they dont own one.. or cant belive the fact that serato works better on a mac even the devs said LOL
popnwave 8:33 PM - 1 November, 2018
On the DVD drive part, just get a $40 external. Unless you're buying some huge gaming laptop you're not going to find an optical drive in most laptops these days.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 8:33 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

LOL dont listen to the idiot who cant afford one so he hates on it and cant properly give an opinion because they dont own one.. or cant belive the fact that serato works better on a mac even the devs said LOL

Preach!
Gio Alex 9:06 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:

that is a FACT!
DJ JulioYEG 9:31 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

that is a FACT!

oh look you found the forum i was hinting at