Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS7FX Aftermarket laptop stand suggestions

DJ Fades 2:10 AM - 10 April, 2012
What's going on guys? Have any of my fellow ns7fx users experimented with a aftermarket laptop stand? I bought the foldable odyssey l-stand only to return it the next day. I tried mounting it all ways possible but the fx bar felt too obstructed. Has anybody had any luck with any other stands?
DJ dVO 9:02 PM - 10 April, 2012
What's wrong with the one that comes with the NS7?
hamplifier 9:35 PM - 10 April, 2012
yeah the factory one is mint why would you want a different one?
DJ Fades 9:46 PM - 10 April, 2012
It's not that the factory one is bad, I would like to bring it up to more of a eye level I'm 6'4" so when doing a mobile gig it sucks having to hunch over to see the laptop. Second reason is some of the clubs I spin at do not have adequate space for the ns7 plus another 12 inches or so for the factory laptop stand
DJPrice_inMD 11:24 PM - 10 April, 2012
I used an Odyssey L-Stand and attached it to the flight case I have around my NS7 with the optional brackets. I don't like how the factory stand makes me reach over the whole unit just to search for a song. I am 6'1" so leaning over all night long does not work either. I don't know how to upload a pic or I would show you how I attached it.
DJ dVO 2:06 AM - 11 April, 2012
Just thinking out loud here but if you have to hunch over that means the table is now high enough. If you really want a good stand, get the Crane.
DJPrice_inMD 1:16 PM - 11 April, 2012
I just use an X-Stand with my case and everything sits on top of the adjustable stand. In the past I have used a non-adjustable table and I did not enjoy it. I run a full mobile setup however, so not only do I set up my own speakers, I also generally have a decent amount of room for setup.
DJ Frank Wite 1:55 PM - 12 April, 2012
I don't like the factory stand for the same reason, bending over to it all night really wears on my back. I bought a L stand and attached it to the flight case and it works a whole lot better. However to L stand is as about as pretty as a pile of bricks. Yesterday I purchased the stanton uberstand, because it's a little taller and way better looking than the L stand.

Another reason I stop using my ns7 stand is beacause depending on if I'm using a table or a fascade it would have my laptop hanging out further than my table. I was always afraid that someone would knock it off. With the L stand I attach it right to the case and no more worries of that.
Dj_Nix 3:15 PM - 12 April, 2012
try the crane stand... I highly recommend it but it is a little expensive.
Dj jochi 5:51 PM - 12 April, 2012
I use the Crane Stand!
DJPrice_inMD 10:42 PM - 12 April, 2012
DJ Frank Wite: this was also a consideration of mine well. Most party tables are 30" in width, which causes the stand to hang over. In some gigs I have to use a table, and can't have my laptop reaching into the crowd. the same sentiment applies when I am using my X-stand as well.
DJ Frank Wite 11:28 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
DJ Frank Wite: this was also a consideration of mine well. Most party tables are 30" in width, which causes the stand to hang over. In some gigs I have to use a table, and can't have my laptop reaching into the crowd. the same sentiment applies when I am using my X-stand as well.

@DJPrice_inMD, yeah as soon as people have had a few drinks and stop by the setup I get would get very nervous. If I'm traveling really light I would use an X-stand and you have to protection at all. I bought this stand to replace my xstand but my with that ns7 stand it still hangs over. Here's a few photos of how it hangs over with the ns7 stand.photobucket.com
DJ ROADS 5:56 PM - 27 October, 2012
When I got my NS7 from this dude off of Craigslist, he didn't give me the laptop stand. When I realized it, it was already too late because he & I lived about 100 miles away from each other, so I got it at a really good price! So at any rate, I have bought an after market Stanton stand. Now that I got the FX bar, my brother in law was able to rig it to the 'shelf' to the laptop stand. It fits plush with the stand. I was lucky enough to have a person whose into this type of stuff as a hobby. I may post a picture of it so you guys can see.