Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

57 mixer left channel has lost signal does it often

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Confused DJ 8:21 PM - 5 April, 2012
One of my channels on the mixer just loses signal no volume at all. Out the mixer or from the headphones. Any suggestions. I am in the middle of a huge party
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:27 PM - 5 April, 2012
Please try this:

Open Scratch Live

Open the Hardware panel within the main screen

Press the Group button on the mixer and then B6 (this should bring you to the FX group)

If any of the B buttons are on, turn them off. This will turn off effect slot 1 assignments

Next, press the Deck 1 / 2 button above the B buttons

If any of the B buttons light up, turn them off, as well.

Press the Deck 1 / 2 button again to return to effect slot 1, are all B lights off still?

If so, retest :)
Confused DJ 11:31 PM - 5 April, 2012
Just did it all and now I'm about to retest it
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:53 PM - 6 April, 2012
All good?
Confused DJ 5:11 PM - 6 April, 2012
It hasn't done It as of yet. When I called Rane they said that could've been because of some corrupted files I had in my library and to delete them. Even if I wasn't using them. Just because the corrupted files could cause that problem.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:14 PM - 6 April, 2012
Right, good recommendation :)

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Confused DJ 5:25 PM - 6 April, 2012
Sure thing. Preciate it
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:39 PM - 6 April, 2012
No problem :)
Confused DJ 3:16 AM - 7 April, 2012
Man it just did it again. Left side of mixer went out. How do I switch from using input 1 and 3. To input 2 and 4
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:32 PM - 9 April, 2012
Physically connect your decks to inputs 2 & 4 on the rear of the mixer, switch the phono/line switches for 2 & 4 to phono. Open SSL, go into the setup screen Hardware tab and change the Control Source settings to 2 & 4 (see attached pic).
4:32 PM, 9 Apr 2012
Shaun W attached a file: Control Source.JPG
View· Permalink
Confused DJ 4:46 PM - 9 April, 2012
Ok I found the issue. I used another 57 mixer and the same thing happened. I rebuilt my turntables and nothing changed. I then changed the USB cord and the problem was fixed. So it had to be an intermittent short in the cord and once it happened the volume on the left side of the mixer went out.

Problem resolved. Hope that my issues can help out another serato user.

So when u have sound dropout On one side of the mixer try changing the USB cord.

Thanks everyone