Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

scratchlive freezes. music still plays, but i can't mix in next song.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJGREEDY 3:28 AM - 3 April, 2012
I've had this problem several times , i'll be playing and mixing music , a couple songs into my mix and it stumbles . Music will continue to play but i can't bring in the other song because it just pauses. One of the two records on my screen just turns white. I've waited and waited to see maybe it will play, but nothing. I even tried to use a different song , yet it does the same thing . Until finally i just force quit scratch live and reopen and do it all over again. The most its happened to me in one night was 3 times and pulled the "someone stepped on a cable" card. Please HELP i have a party soon and i can't have this happen no more.

I use a mac OS X 10.6.6 snow leopard
scratchlive version 2.4.1
rane TTM 57SL
pueblofunky 6:40 AM - 3 April, 2012
I'd the same issues - but on Windows XP and with <= 2.3.3. It always has happend when I was moving a track with the mouse over the turntable. Since 2.3.0 (or 2.2?) I didn't notice the problem anymore.

It also might occur when accessing to the external harddisc. My external harddisc is sleeping after 5 minutes and when I try to load a song I'd to wait and the system - except playing the current track! - is waiting.

In the meantime I've bought a new D2 Quadro 3 TB for ~ 260 EUR. I can not used it with XP on my dj laptop (no 3 TB access) but a new one will follow. This harddisc you can configure (sleeping time) with a specific tool.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:27 PM - 3 April, 2012
DJGREEDY: I believe I responded to your email on this topic. Please follow thru with my suggestions there and we can continue here.
5:00 PM, 17 Apr 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.