Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI 380 VS NS6

SG SOUNDS 4:41 AM - 27 March, 2012
Im a proud owner of the ns6 and i love it to death and i truly believe the ns6 is the best itch controller out there. What will the vci 380 have or feature what the ns6 dont already have. What will the vci 380 have to offer to make me want to buy it and switch from the ns6?
WhattaMac 6:12 AM - 27 March, 2012
Not much - unless you like plastic cased no-XLR output toys!!!
Keep your NS6!! You won't be missing anything I doubt....
WhattaMac 6:16 AM - 27 March, 2012
Oops, has XLR outs... But still made of WACKstick!!
pdidy 7:47 AM - 27 March, 2012
WhattaMac you sound totally unbiased and credible.....
pdidy 8:27 AM - 27 March, 2012
the vci380 has a metal body construction not plastic.

the ns6 does not have......
1. 5 performance modes
2. Pad FX
3. 2 x 8 Performance Pads with Velocity & Aftertouch
4. slicer function (like twitch has)
5. needle position display on jog wheels.
6. The torque of the jog wheels can be adjusted to your preference.
7. 19" rack mountable
dj_eddie_gr 1:24 PM - 27 March, 2012
Yeah... The 380 ,for someone who's not using 4 controllers, is the best option right now. Very good quality (as a Vestax product...) ,full of features (don't want to start counting right now...) AND... it's portable!!! For a mobile dj who travels a lot or plays in many places and not play just home or at his local bar as resident and has his booth just as he wants to ,it's more than perfect.... If only they could make the pitch faders full size ,just an inch bigger...
SG SOUNDS 2:12 PM - 27 March, 2012
But its not even out yet, we dont know how this controller will perform and already everybody is hailing it as king of controllers. And what about the sound output for clubs?
Maskrider 2:26 PM - 27 March, 2012
Portability and everything pdidy said......lol
Maskrider 2:32 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
But its not even out yet, we dont know how this controller will perform and already everybody is hailing it as king of controllers. And what about the sound output for clubs?

Sound output? This is a 3rd gen VCI....Vestax already learned there lesson from previous controllers....Improvements have been made I have the the first VCI-300 and I love it sound quality is as good as your Mp3 file. Though I hate to replace my old one It's time to move on and welcome all the additions to this New controller.....ITCH has been evolving so thus the controller that goes with it.
dj lashes 3:38 PM - 27 March, 2012
gonna keep checking this discussion seems like it about to get hot lol
[O/][iii][O/] 3:45 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Oops, has XLR outs... But still made of WACKstick!!

Curious, do you go to the gym or do you get all your exercise from jumping to conclusions?

VCI-380 has both XLR outputs AND metal chassis.

:facepalm:
djallstyle 3:57 PM - 27 March, 2012
As long as the 380 has the same sound card as the 400.. It'll become superior controller. The 400 sound wise was phenomenal. The 380 seems to be a twitch on steroids. We'll see soon! Can't wait!
[O/][iii][O/] 4:26 PM - 27 March, 2012
BTW, comparing these two controllers is ridiculous. Apples n' Oranges. I have an NS6, and It's great, but it's hardly portable and no way it's able to go in a backpack, much less fitting into any DJ booth on the fly. This is where the VCI-380 comes into play (which I will soon own as well).
DJ CAPRO 4:53 PM - 27 March, 2012
Personally the biggest difference for me is the pitch resolution, unless you hit SYNC all the time. I read the NS6 is pretty rough.
DJ MDX 7:33 PM - 27 March, 2012
I'm personally wating for the reviews on the sound card and how the Mic's will be routed.[will you lose Ch('s) if mic's are engaged] Those are my 2 major issues with both versions so far. Love that they added booth.
DeeJayPNUT 8:56 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Sound output? This is a 3rd gen VCI....Vestax already learned there lesson from previous controllers....Improvements have been made I have the the first VCI-300 and I love it sound quality is as good as your Mp3 file. Though I hate to replace my old one It's time to move on and welcome all the additions to this New controller.....ITCH has been evolving so thus the controller that goes with it.

AGREED!
DeeJayPNUT 8:57 PM - 28 March, 2012
im coppin 1
DJ_Grover 2:45 AM - 1 April, 2012
Well I used to love my NS6 until recently. Having moved from VCI 300 MK2, I might be going back to Vestax as I dont need 4 decks. Yes the NS6 looks amazing, built like a tank, lots of functionality BUT it misses one fundamental DJing need and that is probably enough to make me switch - Individual volume gain meters. That is the deal breaker for some people, that and portability is where the VCI 380 will shine!
Felonyruckus 7:20 AM - 1 April, 2012
Unless somebody has used the VCI-380 and has used the NS6 everything is definitely speculation.

BTW. Sugar Ray Robinson would get his ass handed to him by MIke Tyson.

Same idea...different machines...

the NS7 came out and it was "Sliced Bread"! main complaint was the size and weight

People wanted 4 channel and they got it...AND...it was built sturdy and was smaller and lighter.

Now the NS6 is thought to be too heavy and too big. Different controllers for different needs.
I don't think there should be a comparison here.

I do like the idea and features of the VCI-380 and will eventually pick one up. But not because its better than my NS7 or NS6 or my SSL with TT, just different needs and requirements based on the gig.
Ollie 3:42 PM - 1 April, 2012
I love my VCI-300 mk2 but after seeing the 380 I now know how people feel when new Jordan's come out. This unit seems to have all bases covered if not most. However, each DJ has diff. needs so to each his own. Bottom line, regardless of which system has more effects or switches if you don't have the skills to rock a party on the basic 1's n 2's, all the buttons aren't gonna mean s#!t.
dj lashes 3:51 PM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:
Unless somebody has used the VCI-380 and has used the NS6 everything is definitely speculation.

BTW. Sugar Ray Robinson would get his ass handed to him by MIke Tyson.

Same idea...different machines...

the NS7 came out and it was "Sliced Bread"! main complaint was the size and weight

People wanted 4 channel and they got it...AND...it was built sturdy and was smaller and lighter.

Now the NS6 is thought to be too heavy and too big. Different controllers for different needs.
I don't think there should be a comparison here.

I do like the idea and features of the VCI-380 and will eventually pick one up. But not because its better than my NS7 or NS6 or my SSL with TT, just different needs and requirements based on the gig.

so nicely said 1+
djallstyle 4:27 PM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:
I love my VCI-300 mk2 but after seeing the 380 I now know how people feel when new Jordan's come out. This unit seems to have all bases covered if not most. However, each DJ has diff. needs so to each his own. Bottom line, regardless of which system has more effects or switches if you don't have the skills to rock a party on the basic 1's n 2's, all the buttons aren't gonna mean s#!t.

X's 1 million. Most Djs can't take 2 tables or CDs & just murk a party w/out all the buttons. I agree in every level possible! My 380 has been per ordered.. Done!
dj-in-cali 5:32 PM - 1 April, 2012
That vci 380 looks nice, but I won't be jumping ship from my ns6. It's been a solid controller so far and for all the cash I forked out for it, it will have to do. I am hoping serato implements midi though so I can add my apc 40 alone side my ns6.
Dave The One 12:22 AM - 2 April, 2012
Vestax controllers and the like all have a toy like feel. I'm not a fan of any controller smaller than the ns6; Twitch was downright laughable. Vestax have a lot of fans, i'm definitely not one of them. The NS6/NS7 are classics, for a 2 deck controller i'd take the ns7 or a pair of v7's over any other controller out there. 4 deck controller NS6. Even the pioneer ddjs1; I hate the scraping platters and plastic chassis but if it were 4 deck with cdj 1000 type platters; I would have dealt with the scrapiness; it's a good size and had a decent layout.
Maskrider 1:48 AM - 2 April, 2012
Everybody has there own preference it wouldn't be a surprise.
Dj Shadrock 3:58 AM - 2 April, 2012
Ive been old school vinyl forever. I tried the Stanton c.314.... I liked how easy the platters were but went back to the vinyl feel with the Numark cdx. I needed something portable tho. I picked up a idj2 for house parties n just hometown bars I play at where no knows any different or expects any better. They don't know but I know the difference.... N I cant live with it any more. I've tried out the ns7. Awesome. But for my needs something I don't have to get a hernia lifting into the overhead booths would be better. Ive been a big Numark fan. Now I'm debating between the vestal vci-400 & the ns6. I like the individual fx filter nobs per channel of the 400 n all the mapping possibilities. I haven't had a chance to really mess with either much. I like the four channels so I can run four decks n not need stand alone mixer.... Ahhhhhh!!. I used to run four turntables.2cd,2vinyl. Im sick of haulin all this gear. Before I drop $1000+ on a new setup I could really use some input from someone who knows both.
DJ Infinity 9:10 PM - 2 April, 2012
I'll be picking up one. I own a NS7FX, a NS6 and a Vestax VCI-300 MKII and have played in my club using all three. I am waiting on my Oddessy for my NS6 so I can use it in the club on a daily. Each setup has it's pros and cons. My favorite "personally" to use while DJing is the NS7FX but geez lugging that thing in a flight case up and down stairs is a drag even with a dolly. 2nd favorite is the NS6 with the VCI-300MK II coming in third. Like someone said up above it's a matter of preference. The sole reason the VCI-300 MKII comes in third for me is because I havent figured out the headphone controls. Since I don't have a monitor I need my headphones full on to the get stuff lined up.
e production 7:37 PM - 7 April, 2012
one word

SIZE
Dj Yve 6:03 AM - 8 April, 2012
Quote:
one word

SIZE

one word

Preference
Felonyruckus 12:26 PM - 8 April, 2012

one word

Preference

+1
Dave The One 11:12 PM - 8 April, 2012
Three words; Vestax VCI Wack!
diezdiaz 3:43 AM - 9 April, 2012
I'm probably the only one but I am not too interested in the new vci even though I really dig my 300. I dig the extra cues and the performance modes, what I am not digging is it seems like the looping is the same (no saved loops), and the fx controls are worse (yeah cool velocity/after touch, really didn't want that... Um the vfx was the shit and was the only controller I am aware of with 3 parameters to control).

There are a number of things I would like to add to my 300 but none of these supplements to the new vci do anything for me
Dj Yve 5:40 AM - 9 April, 2012
Quote:
I'm probably the only one but I am not too interested in the new vci even though I really dig my 300. I dig the extra cues and the performance modes, what I am not digging is it seems like the looping is the same (no saved loops), and the fx controls are worse (yeah cool velocity/after touch, really didn't want that... Um the vfx was the shit and was the only controller I am aware of with 3 parameters to control).

There are a number of things I would like to add to my 300 but none of these supplements to the new vci do anything for me

not that im a 380 fan but heat this:
there are saved loops... like twitch (love ya twitch) 8 of em o:
looping is fun and easy since your can control the parameter and then you got 8 pads to short it off ....like twitch (love...)
and we stilll know shit about the PAD FX which could be the next greatest thing or some lame gimic... time will tell
Solidsnake 8:35 AM - 9 April, 2012
Lol, I love the responses to this thread, some people writing it off as ultimate as far as ITCH controllers go, then you have others who envy it but don't want to admit it so they put it on blast. Makes sense to me.

@diezdiaz

you can trigger 3 saved loops on each respective deck of the VCI-300, they are the three buttons next to Cue 1,2,3.
diezdiaz 4:49 PM - 9 April, 2012
@solidsnake
Ha lemme rephrase that - theres no saved loops that are independent of the cues. If you like to throw a cue down on a fill before the beginning of a section and want an 8 bar loop at the end of the section the vci sucks for thatq
hologram 5:34 PM - 9 April, 2012
Quote:

Uh check again....
Quote:

I haven't tried but I seem to remember this being there too
pdidy 7:34 PM - 9 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Uh check again....
Quote:

link verification please.
DJ_Trivial 3:28 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:

dude i own one and its full metal and has xlr
djemdub 9:10 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uh check again....
Quote:

This is a little old, but the ns6 does have needle position display on the jog wheels.there's a white led that goes in circles for the first layer..for the second, theres a red led

Source?I own one!

The only feature I would love to have on my ns6 that the 380 has is the slicer!
hologram 3:07 PM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uh check again....
Quote:

This is a little old, but the ns6 does have needle position display on the jog wheels.there's a white led that goes in circles for the first layer..for the second, theres a red led

Source?I own one!

The only feature I would love to have on my ns6 that the 380 has is the slicer!

+1
Dj Jrsounds 6:50 PM - 26 August, 2012
I would like to add some insight or comments on the discussion for this thread. I presently own an NS6 and Scratch Live with a TTM mixer; my cousin just purchased a VCI 380 (he also owns an NS7) and my buddy owns a VCI 300
I have used all the units and found issues with all of them.
But like DJ YVE says it's all about preference.
The VCI 380 is a fun unit and has a lot of great features; one thing that i am disappointed about with the VCI 380 is that you cannot create loops manually or adjust the loops on the "in" & "out" so basically if you play old classic club songs, disco, latin music, etc. that do not have quantized digital music, you cannot adjust those loops nor create a loop in some songs because it does not recognize specific breaks or bars in the music therefore when the loops are created by the VCI 380 automatically they will loop off measure and sound horrible. whereas the other components such as the NS6, NS7, SSL, etc. allow the versatility to do this. Isn't that what DJ'ing is all about? versatility, creativity? so if you like to create loops and have sets where you need multiple loops and need to create them on the fly this unit may not be for you....

Sorry for the lengthy comments but just wanted to express my opinion
Bozo 8:11 PM - 26 August, 2012
The VCI 380 fit on club booth, the NS6 is to heavy.
Dave The One 8:22 PM - 26 August, 2012
vci 380 is a toy; nothing can touch the NS6/NS7 as far as controllers go. I got rid of my NS6, due to itch and the bridge failed promis. If the MPC DJ doesn't come out soon; I'll be getting the NS6 again, they are in a lot of dj booths so I can wait.
Bozo 9:49 PM - 26 August, 2012
VCI 380 (and 400) have the best sound card on the controlloring market (try it, i was pessimist but i give him a try on a dj shop, better than NS7) , the dj booths are equiped with DJM or other mixeur but neither seen a controler (the guest are bringing controler but this will nether be a club standart) ; the NS6, DDJ s1 4trak are to heavy for clubing (the biggest i seen was a S4).

Love the ns6, but for me it's more for discomobile use, and i don't need to have a mastodon size hardware to fell like a pro
Bozo 9:54 PM - 26 August, 2012
PS : this is only my opinion
Lightning 2:41 AM - 27 August, 2012
Well I own both the VCI-300 Mk2 and the NS6. The 380 looks like a nice upgrade from the 300 but thats it. I only use the 300 when I need something super portable. I''ll tell you this right now, there are things I can only do on the NS6. I cant pull this stuff on SSL, the 300 or wax. I don't need 3 or 4 decks all the time but they are nice to have when I do need them.
What I can't stand is the crap mixer sections in these units, the only one I found I liked the mixer was the DX but then it had its issues I didn't care for either. Just my opinion, get what you like to have fun on, I still will keep on using CD's, USB Drives, SSL and Rekord Box for the club stuff, maybe even ******* depending on how well this new integration goes with Pioneer.

My theory is, what can the controller do for me I can't do with a standard booth equipment? Also whats the BS and the risk of me trying to get my own gear wired in? If your shit fails its on you, if the booth fails....well thats not your fault.
Dave The One 3:40 AM - 27 August, 2012
I usually force myself to play with what the venue has installed which are usually 1200s or cdjs, sometimes both hooked up to a urei 1620 or Rane mixer with ssl software and hardware, I still see efx 500's too.

I have however experienced the ns7fx and ns6 in quite a few venues this year; even a hall that I've deejayed on and off for 2 decades had an ns6 installed after I played their with mine, SSL, cdjs Rane mp 2016 and 1200s were ditched in favor of itch and ns6.

I've never been a fan of small form mixers like vestax line of mixers. The NS6 is portable enough for me with numarks controller backpack. Id go with twitch instead of the vestax mixers; the Vci 400 did look interesting; if itch allowed full mapping I'd consider a controller like that, not any of the others. The platters look awful though, the size is just right though.

I want the mpc dj; the software is supposed to be ill and is supposed to allow for full midi mapping, there is also supposed to be a software vst component like Serato SSE rtas plugin; if not they, serato, native instrumrnts and numark and vestax and anyone else who keeps hardware and specific features tied to certain controllers tied up can kiss A$$.
I have every faith ableton live will evolve to a full dj daw. Ms Pinky plugin makes abketon live a lot more interesting with a midi controller like the ns6/v7 etc...

Enjoy whatever controller (small or large) suits you; IMO Vci 380 vs ns6 is no contest
Solidsnake 6:16 AM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:

I want the mpc dj; the software is supposed to be ill and is supposed to allow for full midi mapping, there is also supposed to be a software vst component like Serato SSE rtas plugin; if not they, serato, native instrumrnts and numark and vestax and anyone else who keeps hardware and specific features tied to certain controllers tied up can kiss A$$.
I have every faith ableton live will evolve to a full dj daw. Ms Pinky plugin makes abketon live a lot more interesting with a midi controller like the ns6/v7 etc...

Talk about setting yourself up for disappointment. Not saying that the software that will come with the mpc dj will or will not be good, but "the software is supposed to be ill" is no guarantee. Same mistake you made buying an NS6 and hoping for Bridge support ASAP, not buying based off of knowledge and just speculation that something is supposed to be "ill", well you have a very high chance of once again ending up in the same boat that you were with the NS6.

And before you come back with the same old tired statements of "they promised us the Bridge", guess what, Serato had several surveys done as to what people would like to see improved (and some gear giveaways along with these surveys), and SP6 and Video won out so that is what we got first. That is what a good company will do, ask what the customers want and then prioritize their implementations based upon the user feedback. The Bridge want was too little in comparison to SP6/Video and is probably still behind DJFX.

To add my .02 to the topic at hand though, PAD FX and the best crossfader out of all the ITCH controllers with the CF-X2, so VCI-380 wins pretty easily for me. But I also have a full SL setup with a 62 and TT's or CDJ-850's so have no need for a bigger ITCH controller.

Best overall controller for ITCH is still the V7, being able to pair it with any mixer you wanted was key. Paired with another mixer could very well make up for the lack of ITCH effects, A&H or Pioneer effects added to the ITCH workflow would have easily made up for weaker software FX. I'd bring my V7's and buddy of mine would bring his DJM-800 and we'd rock it. Still wish I hadn't sold em' sometimes but had a deal on some M5G's I couldn't pass up haha.
Bozo 5:58 PM - 27 August, 2012
I also wan't my bridge, first because i have ableton suite, this was annouced and it look fun but i don't think this will be a F1 like : a F1 cost 239€ and Ableton suite 589€... i don't know exactly how Bridge works but i know that the remix deck is not just a sampler but a tool for rework the track (with capture and FX)

Quote:
Enjoy whatever controller (small or large) suits you; IMO Vci 380 vs ns6 is no contest

This
Quote:
The NS6 is portable enough for me with numarks controller backpack

Maybee the french's DJ booth are too tiny... need an upgrade !
pdidy 4:05 AM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uh check again....
Quote:

Source?I own one!

heres a ns6 video, could you show me a point in the video that you see a "needle position display".
Watchwww.youtube.com
Its my understanding the ns6 has an Illuminated platter not a "needle position display". They are not the same.
vci380 vid Watchwww.youtube.com
Dave The One 11:33 AM - 31 August, 2012
?????

That is beyond an illuminated platter. The white and red LED that's going in circles simulate the reference point on a spinning disc (like a piece of tape on a vinyl).

What would be the needle position display is here (called strip search on ns6)

youtu.be
blackavenger 12:51 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
heres a ns6 video, could you show me a point in the video that you see a "needle position display".
Watchwww.youtube.com
Its my understanding the ns6 has an Illuminated platter not a "needle position display". They are not the same.

On the NS6, the jog wheel illuminates platter position the same way that a CDJ-400 (DDJ-S1) does.

Can you VCi-380 owners enlighten me as to how accurate/precise the Pitch Resolution is? This, along with the lack of 4 VU meters, are the NS6's two major downfalls.
DJ MDX 1:19 PM - 31 August, 2012
I'm reading some of this stuff and I cannot help but smile to see how far technology has come to spoil and even make some really lazy. Put in some work people and KNOW your music and train your ears to depend on them. If you spend all your time looking at a screen or mixer when will you notice your dance floor? Is it empty or full?

I'm glad I come from the analogue days - my wave form came from the grooves on a record, my pitch resolution was riding the pitch as needed, my echo's and flange came from 2 physical duplicate records, etc.

Last famous words, "Do or Do Not, There Is No Try," - Master Yoda.
Dave The One 1:23 PM - 31 August, 2012
Why Wouk anyone need 4 VU meters? You do get to monitor each channel by holding the headphone cue button down.

Urei 1620 is hands down te best sounding mixer in the world, no separate vu meters or any meters for that matter. You're supposed to mix music by listening to it, not because the meter says it's too loud.

The pitch resolution accuracy; really? You can't match two records on an ns6? Wow!!!!

Where are the real dj's
Solidsnake 2:10 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

On the NS6, the jog wheel illuminates platter position the same way that a CDJ-400 (DDJ-S1) does.

Can you VCi-380 owners enlighten me as to how accurate/precise the Pitch Resolution is? This, along with the lack of 4 VU meters, are the NS6's two major downfalls.

In general it is .03 per point of change. Annoying sometimes, but nothing that will kill a performance.
blackavenger 2:51 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
In general it is .03 per point of change. Annoying sometimes, but nothing that will kill a performance.

So it's probably as inaccurate as the NS6 then....hmm, disappointing!
Solidsnake 3:53 AM - 1 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

So it's probably as inaccurate as the NS6 then....hmm, disappointing!

Annoying after using CDJ's in the club for a while, but being used to turntable flutter not so bad.
blackavenger 7:07 AM - 1 September, 2012
Quote:
Annoying after using CDJ's in the club for a while, but being used to turntable flutter not so bad.

My NS6 is nothing like my Techs.......the Techs are waaay better at pitch adjustment, and that's sad!
Lightning 5:24 PM - 3 September, 2012
Quote:
Why Wouk anyone need 4 VU meters? You do get to monitor each channel by holding the headphone cue button down.

I've given up on that feature, the NS6 (at least mine) is so off when it comes to geting 0dB on the VU's. The cue is always louder than the PGM, and I mean LOUD. When you get everything balanced out the CUE VU's will show like -2 or -3dB while the main will be at 0db. I think its imposible (again with my NS6) to get the CUE and MAIN VU to register anything close one another.

I pretty much have to get my MAIN registering right and rely on my headphones for cue levels. It would be nice if there where provisions to adjust this stuff or even VU's inside Itch to use a workaround. But there isn't.
sheeno 6:43 PM - 10 September, 2012
Just ordered an NS6 to replace my trusty OG vci-300. The 380 looked brilliant, but the way the looping works was the deal breaker.
Dave The One 12:11 AM - 11 September, 2012
Nice! Good choice; I miss mine.
dj lashes 1:22 AM - 11 September, 2012
I already got a vci 300 and a NS6 and i use my vci 300 95% of the time the ns6 is mostly mix cds and look good in my house lol....i have a vci 380 on the way from the USA if its more fun then my vci300 it could turn my ns6 in to a paper wight..!!
DJ Amos Myth 1:46 AM - 13 September, 2012
I work at a DJ Pro Shop and make it a point to try out all the controllers, usually at gigs. The NS6 & NS7 are brilliant, I picked the NS6 for weight and being an actual mixer. The NS6 lost to the Twitch over size, price and slicer. Too bad the Twitch was so quiet. I'm now replacing my Twitch with the VCI-380 as the best combination of size, output, wheels, mixer, soundcard and midi control surface. I use Itch & Scratch Live, often with Serato Video, multiple times per week for radio shows and music video dance parties in clubs, as well as the occasional House Night at the pizza disco. I've logged about 10 hours live on the VCI-380 and 20 hours or so of testing and comparison. I think it does everything well and have no complaints...a rarity for a relentless nit picker like me. OK...I wish I could control the lights on the thing, but it seems a minor point. Would like to be able to select the 380 as my Scratch Live output as well. It maps out brilliantly for my video show.

I started spinning in 1990 on Turntables, and still use them regularly. Love the VCI-380.
DjCity 6:51 PM - 13 September, 2012
I like the NS6 over vestax 380.

I own the NS6 and have used the 380. The surface area of the NS6 is better for me. The layout is better for me. The mixer is better for me.
Looping and pitch faders are better for me.

It just works better for ME.
benictrs 2:41 AM - 15 September, 2012
i have both and when it comes to portability i prefer the vci-380 but when it comes to functionality i want the ns6 . The vci-380 is missing the 100mm pitch fader )witch is brilliant), the manual loop in and out , the move the loop buttons , the half/double loop buttons :( , this for me is more important than the aftertouch pads and the other commercial bulshit , . . . , just my 2 cent
benictrs 2:46 AM - 15 September, 2012
P.S. The only one thing missing on the ns6 witch i find on the VCI-380 is the 8 cue points :(( and the jog's seem to be better on the vci as i found out they are working better on vestax then on numark because my ns6 doesn't seem to know when i'm touching the plater :(( but the vestax is spot on :)
[O/][iii][O/] 9:17 PM - 16 September, 2012
VCI-380 lost this battle when Serato decided to handicap it with the goofy looping behavior. NS6 behaves the way it's supposed to.
sheeno 2:32 PM - 17 September, 2012
Got my NS6 delivered today. Some initial observations from playing around with it.

Sound: WOW. Sounds amazing through my studio monitors. Can't wait to hear how it sounds at a gig.

Build: I love the metal chassis, the buttons and the faders feel nice, but to me the eq and scroll knobs feel cheap and wobbly. Not what I expected for a premium unit, but not a show stopper either. Time will tell if they will last or not!

Platters: These are really brilliant. IMO, a big improvement over my old vci-300.

Level Meters: I was a bit apprehensive about not have individual level meters, but after playing around with the unit for an hour, I cant see what all the fuss is about. When you hold down the cue, the meter displays the level of the cue'd channel and you can adjust the gain accordingly. This works exactly how I'd expect it to.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase so far.
WarpNote 7:08 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
I cant see what all the fuss is about. When you hold down the cue, the meter displays the level of the cue'd channel and you can adjust the gain accordingly

Apparently the fuzz is about the led readout not being all that accurate, I don't own a NS6 and I don't really have much opinion about the led readout. The few times I did gig with the NS6, I really enjoyed the unit.
no1djkb 8:22 PM - 29 January, 2013
I was just reading your post and had to laugh. Back in the day I had to lug two 1200s a mixer amp speakers and four crates of records. Carrying around the Ns6 a laptop and external hard drive is a piece if cake. You guys are spoiled LOL!
blackavenger 8:54 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
I was just reading your post and had to laugh. Back in the day I had to lug two 1200s a mixer amp speakers and four crates of records. Carrying around the Ns6 a laptop and external hard drive is a piece if cake. You guys are spoiled LOL!

Duh, that's what we all had to do before this digital age came about.
no1djkb 10:13 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Duh, that's what we all had to do before this digital age came about.[/quote

Not all of you were around for vinyl. Now if you know everyone that post here then excuse me but I will bet that everyone did not use records.
blackavenger 11:09 PM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Not all of you were around for vinyl. Now if you know everyone that post here then excuse me but I will bet that everyone did not use records.

fair enough, I forgot, this is the ITCH section.
no1djkb 12:02 AM - 30 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

fair enough, I forgot, this is the ITCH section.

I was just messing with you. Hey I am only 1.5 years into MIDI controllers. I went from my old GEMINI mixer to this. I carried records around until 2008. I stopped for awhile and got my NS6 in 2011. I miss vinyl but I don't miss the weight lol.