DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM57sl cross fader

dj ghetto 6:03 PM - 15 December, 2007
hi, guys i have bought my 57sl mixer for like 3months.. but don'y know whats wrong with my crossfader?? it's like very stiff and when i try to to my flare scratch it's kinda like magnetic feel like,sticking to one side and very stiff.. not as smooth as i got it the 1st time.. anyone can help me?? and what's is wrong?? i am new here..pls help thanks..
nobspangle 6:23 PM - 15 December, 2007
You need to give it a clean and lube, check the manual for instructions.
dj ghetto 1:51 PM - 18 December, 2007
i try to clean by using cloth and newspaper but it won't work.. still the same.. feeling stiff... is it due to the black ring part or is it the magnetic part which i might have move them?? so the feeling become stiff??? and magnetic??? when i hit to the side of the fader..
DJ Smooth B. 2:10 PM - 18 December, 2007
ah, ok, i know what you mean. that's the spring in the fader. you can remove it, then you have a perfect fader for a scratching-dj, but if you do this, the faders are so sensible that the bass in the club will move them :-)
dj ghetto 3:21 PM - 18 December, 2007
no i don't mean i want my fader to be as smooth as that...LOL.. what i mean is that i have been using for 3months and the cross fader become stiff and un even feel when i scratch.. like some sort of magnetic feel when i go all the way to the side of the cross fader... get what i mean?? cos i am afraid that, is it than i cut it up too hard and that it cost it to have an uneven feel and stiffness to it.. hope someone can enlighten me thanks.. :)
DJ Smooth B. 3:36 PM - 18 December, 2007
believe me, it's the spring. maybe it's not at the right place. try it, you can hang it out without disassembling the fader.

my fader had the same effect (the magnetic feeling) after a time of usage, then i tried to check the spring and that solved the problem. for my line-faders i made the spring more loose and my crossfader has no spring :-)
dj ghetto 4:50 PM - 18 December, 2007
u mean to bring up the spring on top of the metal bar?? cos the spring is below it.. are you telling me to bring it up?? and just on top of it??? thanks.. :)
dj ghetto 4:59 PM - 18 December, 2007
or you mean the black piece at the end of each side?? thanks..
DJ Smooth B. 5:51 PM - 18 December, 2007
yep, just bring it on top, you can easy bring it back in the original position.
dj ghetto 6:46 PM - 18 December, 2007
thanks DJ Smooth B. for your help.. :)
DJ Smooth B. 8:01 PM - 18 December, 2007
are you happy now with your fader?
djfossey 10:45 AM - 19 December, 2007
i also did the same with the spring i just lifted it on top of the metal bar and its smoooooth
dj ghetto 1:36 PM - 19 December, 2007
i will try that later man...thanks for the advices.. guys.. :)
treeo730 10:28 PM - 19 December, 2007
try lubing it first before you start taking things apart. I had the same thing happen
djfossey 4:33 AM - 21 December, 2007
what do u use for lube???
Rebelguy 7:25 AM - 21 December, 2007
K Y...oh you meant for the crossfader...JK
nobspangle 8:50 AM - 21 December, 2007
The best thing is deoxit fader lube. This used to be called caiglube.
billycuts 12:36 AM - 22 December, 2007
Yeah, your fader just needs to be lubed. Get some Caiglube spray and you'll be set.
djfossey 4:35 AM - 26 December, 2007
where can i pick some of this stuff up at
DJ Prinvale` 4:55 PM - 26 December, 2007
Quote:
where can i pick some of this stuff up at

I got mine from radio shack. It was pretty cheap. It's called Deoxit. The SSL mods recommend this stuff as well. When I cleaned my faders and B1-B6 buttons with this stuff I swear it felt better then brand new. Def a good product.
djfossey 11:53 PM - 30 December, 2007
ok thanks man really apreciate it. gonna go pick some up
MODJ 11:17 AM - 7 January, 2008
wait, the ssl mods reccomend de-oxit on other pieces (buttons) except for the faders...they actually tell you to read the manual...in there it says to use fader lube..it's "caig" model # is fl-100...the de-oxit is good but only 25% lube and 75% alcohol...i tried it and it worked alright , but then i got the real deal, the fader lube (100% lube) , i garauntee it will feel like hot butter!!! way better on the faders...
nobspangle 6:35 PM - 7 January, 2008
MODJ,
caig is now called DeoxIT, but there are two products
DeoxIT fader lube is what used to be caiglube and that is for your faders
The regular DeoxIT is a contact cleaner, that's what you need for the buttons.
MODJ 9:45 PM - 7 January, 2008
wow your fast nobs, what do you have a notifications on this forum?

caig is not called deoxit-now?

De-oxit is made by Caig Laboratories Inc!!!! Caig makes several products including De-Oxit Sprays and Lubes (they are about 15 different ones) ...Check out there site...www.caig.com ...

p.s. where do you get your info from son?
nik39 12:47 AM - 8 January, 2008
Quote:
caig is not called deoxit-now?

Nobspangle most likely meant "caiglube".
nobspangle 10:58 PM - 8 January, 2008
From the Caig labs website
Quote:
Welcome to CAIG Laboratories, Inc. - Home of DeoxIT®
Featuring Environmentally Safe Contact Cleaners / Connector Enhancing Treatments:
DeoxIT ®, DeoxIT ® GOLD (formerly ProGold), DeoxIT ® SHIELD (formerly PreservIT)
and DeoxIT ® FaderLube (formerly CaiLube MCL).
Other CAIG products include: Contact Cleaners, Contact Lubricants, Contact Enhancers, Metal Sealants, Cleaners / Degreasers, Solvents,
Shielding Compounds, Greases / Lubricants, Conductive Inks & Greases, Conformal Coatings, Lint-Free Accessories.
TweekThe12' 11:14 AM - 15 January, 2008
the screws that hold the fader together interaly are comin lose from slammming use, causing the plastic blocks that hold it in place to break...the fader has a weird feeling when this starts in. the current producton is suposta have this problem fixed..they changed the fader knobs meteral from a rubber to a plastic I noticed..why?..
I have used/owned vestax mixers that are BEAT UP! and still operate and the faders are smooth and slick fast! vestax faders dont feel hollow and weightless like the rane faders,I have never seen or heard of a vestax fader fall apart during operation like im hearing about the rane faders. I have a new production 57 and im hope it dont fail us!
nobspangle 6:17 PM - 15 January, 2008
Quote:
I have used/owned vestax mixers that are BEAT UP! and still operate and the faders are smooth and slick fast! vestax faders dont feel hollow and weightless like the rane faders,I have never seen or heard of a vestax fader fall apart during operation like im hearing about the rane faders. I have a new production 57 and im hope it dont fail us!

Before this batch of faders nobody had ever heard of a Rane fader fall apart during operation, hopefully the latest revision to the faders will restore them to the indestructible once more.
DjDannyXL 8:17 AM - 5 September, 2011
is the caig deoxit f100L-L2C the same as the F100L but just in a smaller bottle? the F100L is a bit pricey ..i think about $30 the F100L-L2C is only $5

and also is there any stores i can get them at? i tried guitar center but the dont have that series, they have some different ones

and also will there be chances that the crossfader can get messed up if you put the spring on top of the bars? i did it to mine and it felt REALLY smooth but i wasnt sure if it would get messed up so i put it back how it was
westell54 8:07 AM - 6 September, 2011
I see appearing on amazon in the smaller tube. I bought the smaller tube once and it didn't last very long and the applicator tip was tricky unless you remove the fader completely from the mixer. On the 56/57 it's not an issue, but on other faders/mixers it might be. Once you use it, you'll start trying it out on other gear and it will run out pretty fast. I would consider getting the larger bottle, but it's your money and your call.