Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS6 SKIN FROM SERATO!!

Product
ITCH
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
majikmann 1:29 PM - 17 March, 2012
I contacted Numark and they said that if I want a skin that actually looks like the NS6 I have to ask Serato, because they don't allow for custom skins... Do you realize how many potential clients you lose just because of this? If Virtual DJ can do it, so can Serato... I really REALLY want to use Itch, but if I can't have a skin that looks and functions like my controller what's the use?

Please fix this and come up with an NS6 skin. Thanks
Kittmaster 8:11 PM - 17 March, 2012
Not going to happen.
majikmann 9:36 PM - 17 March, 2012
Then Serato sucks ass and doesn't deserve to be called a dj'ing software. plain and simple. Off to VDJ I go!
Kittmaster 1:48 AM - 18 March, 2012
It has nothing to do with Serato, Numark makes the controller, I doubt they will make skins for it, but I'm sure if you look around on the net, there are 3rd parties that do. Check it out.
AVENUE 4:30 PM - 18 March, 2012
dizzyrocks2001 5:21 PM - 18 March, 2012
He's talking about software skins, as in the display on the screen looks like a virtual NS6. I don't think he's talking about skins for the hardware. But majikmann, by saying "Then Serato sucks ass and doesn't deserve to be called a dj'ing software. plain and simple. Off to VDJ I go!" then you're being a bit dramatic. You're saying ITCH sucks just because you can't change the skin? Come on man.
Kittmaster 11:36 PM - 18 March, 2012
OIC, I don't use VDJ, I guess I'm used to the interface not being able to be changed, so that's a my bad. Maybe in the future they'll consider the changes, skinning requires a lot of careful detail to do and most know how that goes, not all skins are as complete as they should be.

Oh well, either way, be interesting to see what the future holds.
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:30 AM - 20 March, 2012
Hey Majikmann,

Just want to make sure, are you talking about skins for the software or hardware controller?

Regards
Dave W
geekinthepink 3:16 PM - 20 March, 2012
There is a Numark NS7 skin out for Virtual DJ on the Virtual DJ site, but to be fair, ITCH Runs a lot nicer with the NS7 and NS6 i presume, and those skins just look terrible, imo. It's only a skin bro, not the end of the world! (Y)
dj-freestyle 6:20 PM - 20 March, 2012
Why would they makes skins. that seems way cheesy. way cheesy. cmon.
CJ DJ 10:01 PM - 20 March, 2012
Looking like NS6/NS& is cool, Owning NS6/NS7 blows VDJ out of the planet...
hamplifier 10:57 PM - 21 March, 2012
if you need serato to look like the controller to be able to use it then maybe you shouldnt be in the DJ game
LA Raves 11:02 PM - 31 March, 2012
Quote:
Then Serato sucks ass and doesn't deserve to be called a dj'ing software. plain and simple. Off to VDJ I go!

If you care more about what you see instead of how you sound use whatever program is easiest to look at.

A better skin would be nice but does your audience care what your screen looks like?
Felonyruckus 7:50 AM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:

Wow if you seriously drop Serato to go to VDJ based on what the visual interface looks like over the sound and reliability, you should do it. BTW, we will see you back in the Serato family
phatbob 7:24 PM - 1 April, 2012
Custom skins must be better than a strictly defined clean interface. That's why MySpace is so much more popular than Facebook... Oh... wait...
islander94533 9:41 PM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:
Looking like NS6/NS& is cool, Owning NS6/NS7 blows VDJ out of the planet...

I agree about owning the NS6, but with included software?

Though i use itch for most Gigs.. using VDJ with the NS6 works better than Itch for Wedding events...... Not bashing Itch.. just my opinion regarding purpose...
10:00 PM, 15 Apr 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.