DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Fuck Smirnoff - Give Stoli A Dj Show [4 Man Turntablist Mix]

Dj Shamann 10:41 PM - 9 March, 2012
While DJs play records and good DJs can mix them seamlessly for hours, turntablists deconstruct records, cutting, scratching, beat-juggling and cross-fading new sounds into new songs along the way.

Taking its cue from hip hop, where emcees have been battling and collaborating in cyphers since the early days of freestyle, Stolichnaya is proud to drop the first of its brand new DJ Cypher series.

Witness Toronto's DJ Grouch and D-Scratch of the legendary (world champion!) Turnstylez Crew and Thera-P and Riccachet from Sweet Touch Foundation join forces and produce a truly original composition worthy of the world's most original vodka.

Like what you're hearing? Come back often for more innovative DJ Cypher mixes courtesy of Stoli.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Big up Grouch and D-Scratch!
StylesD 10:53 PM - 9 March, 2012
no disrespect but that was a pretty elementary team routine
Dj Shamann 11:02 PM - 9 March, 2012
First, no disrespect taken since it was not my routine. But I assure you the Dj's in the video are not elementary tablists, there are some very accomplished dudes in there.

Secondly I knew there was going to be someone at some point who looked down on the routine, rather than see the point of this thread, because in order to look like you're an expert you have to look down on things in front of people.

The point of the thread was not about how sick or elementary a routine was, rather than it was about the right way to do things vs. the wrong way.

Smirnoff, if you're going to showcase Djing, actually showcase it instead of having it as a backdrop to your weekly cocktail recipe. Stoli yes is using Djing as a way to promote their brand, but they're at least focusing on the art itself rather than exploiting it for some reality show bullshit.
DJ DisGrace 11:13 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
no disrespect but that was a pretty elementary team routine

LOL

I hear you Shamann. Stoli is giving the art the spotlight, which is a refreshing change...
Mr. Goodkat 11:27 PM - 9 March, 2012
i dont care what you are doing with turntables, i never want to hear 'we will rock you' .
djgrouch 7:54 PM - 20 March, 2012
Thanks for posting this Sham!!! Lol Everybody's a critic... All good

Quote:
First, no disrespect taken since it was not my routine. But I assure you the Dj's in the video are not elementary tablists, there are some very accomplished dudes in there.

Secondly I knew there was going to be someone at some point who looked down on the routine, rather than see the point of this thread, because in order to look like you're an expert you have to look down on things in front of people.

The point of the thread was not about how sick or elementary a routine was, rather than it was about the right way to do things vs. the wrong way.

Smirnoff, if you're going to showcase Djing, actually showcase it instead of having it as a backdrop to your weekly cocktail recipe. Stoli yes is using Djing as a way to promote their brand, but they're at least focusing on the art itself rather than exploiting it for some reality show bullshit.
djTrinityblade 8:12 PM - 20 March, 2012
That is why us DJ.s have to stand up and say enuf is enuf..

Quote: A DJ. A Club Owner & A Promoter were in the dj booth discussing who was more important. The promoter said he was cause he books the shows, gathers the crowd, and finds the spots. The club owner said he was cause he ownes the club and provides the VIP spot. The Dj turned his mixer off, stopped the turntable, and sat on a stool, the crowd froze and started to leave and the dj never said a word.. Moral of the story: you can book 100 shows and own 100 clubs but without the dj nothing moves.. F-A-C-T!
Mike_P 9:21 PM - 20 March, 2012
Then the club owner pressed play on his iPod chock full of drake and lil Wayne and all of the sheeple came back and partied into the night and they all lived happily ever after.
Dj Shamann 9:24 PM - 20 June, 2012
New cypher: Turntable Monkz (Dj Dopey and J-Tec)

Watchwww.youtube.com
Nicky Blunt 3:25 AM - 23 June, 2012
nice thread, always good to see dj's choppin it up.