DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Sonar Cakewalk 7.0

DJ Nevoc 4:47 PM - 9 December, 2007
Aghh I should have started learning this program years ago... all the intro videos seem to go on the assumption that you already have a working knowledge of the program.

For example Im watching the Auto-Snap video and alot of clicks to bring up menus aren't shown and it seems to me like you have to have your screen customized to the way the video guy has it. To boot his scroller on his mouse zooms in... Mine doesnt in Cake, it does in other programs... IDK

The pains of learning new software.... I dont think I had this much trouble learning SSL, then again we are talking about the best program ever!
Rebelguy 2:57 AM - 10 December, 2007
Just curious, why did you go with Sonar 7? What features drew you in?
DJ Nevoc 3:47 AM - 10 December, 2007
I know a couple remixers that use it so I'm just trying it.
Rebelguy 4:42 AM - 10 December, 2007
That's cool. You should look into Ableton Live 7 also.
Logisticalstyles 5:02 AM - 10 December, 2007
I have had 6.0 Producers version for like 9 months now and I can't do nothing with it. I need a sound card and I can't spend any more money on equipment for awhile. I 'm a big Reason head anyways. The manual for Sonar 6.0 was very detailed and informative. They explain everything as if you don't know jack about music production.
DJ Nevoc 5:32 PM - 10 December, 2007
Yeah I took it to staples yesterday and to print out the 1586 page manual... well double sided is 793 pages @ .16 per copy was 126.88 B/W or 777.14 Full color.....

I ended up doing 4 pages each side and double sided print came to $17 bucks because the girl was an new and only chargeed me @ half rate.

The Forum over in Cake-Land is about equal to SSL so that is nice.