Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch 2.3

DJ Boss Sounds 10:04 PM - 3 March, 2012
Two freaking words: Midi Mapping.

Serato- Come on already!!!!!! What's the holdup????
VJ Justin Allen 10:09 PM - 3 March, 2012
If Itch allowed midi-mapping then the controllers that go with it could be completely replaced. Personally I would be surprised if midi-mapping was ever allowed on Itch.
Dj Yve 10:26 PM - 3 March, 2012
Yeah it's a problem since instead Of getting a controller that is nice and a bit pricy but cOmes with itch you'll get a cheaper one and map it. Bad for Everyone but the costumer
dameon B 11:42 PM - 3 March, 2012
Never gonna happen
phatbob 11:55 PM - 3 March, 2012
Of course it wouldn't negate the requirement to have an Itch controller connected. Just like Scratch Live and the Rane hardware.

Don't forget the controllers are also the audio interfaces.
Dj Yve 12:14 AM - 4 March, 2012
yeah ive been thinking about it, and if you could only edit the midi of the certified itch controller it would be a blessing.
Kittmaster 1:24 AM - 4 March, 2012
It is doable, and wouldn't be a concerning issue about using other controllers as proposed. The controller itself is the dongle "key" to take it from offline to online mode. Even with user midi mapping, ITCH wouldn't run (in live mode) without a valid controller connected to it from the required manufactures that are using ITCH.

I don't see why user midi mapping would cause any issues at all.
Dj Yve 1:28 AM - 4 March, 2012
guess just need to wait to an offical statement from an emoplyee
seratosnatch 9:39 AM - 4 March, 2012
Improve the fx and midi mapping!
Dj Yve 2:14 PM - 4 March, 2012
lack of midimapping ?o:
Dj Yve 12:06 AM - 5 March, 2012
please read this whole thread, ty
Dj Yve 12:23 AM - 5 March, 2012
WHOLE thread

WHOLE... comments as well... :\
Dj Yve 1:01 AM - 5 March, 2012
ok then ill assume your a troll that just came here to annoy, have fun
Dj Yve 1:23 AM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

You Mad Bro

no hard feelings dude, if you dont want to read every comment and find out that basicly your whole argument is futile so be it :)
Dj Yve 2:04 AM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You Mad Bro

no hard feelings dude, if you dont want to read every comment and find out that basicly your whole argument is futile so be it :)

you know you mad when you have to result to name calling,
why don't you add a thread requesting this from Serato
I know your frustrated but getting angry at me is not going to get what you want

Create a new thread and put in a request ya never know what your response will be..
but you already know what my opinion is on this and why Serato might not be considering this in future updates, thats all....

nice demagogy, have fun
Solidsnake 6:54 AM - 5 March, 2012
If MIDI was introduced it'd be just like Scratch Live's MIDI, just a controller in addition to the "sound card" any device will be MIDI map-able, some actually approved controllers (which is basically what the VFX-1 and NS7FX are, and Numark's SP6 controller). This is very likely to happen as it will not cut into sales of existing controllers as you will still need it to activate the decks in ITCH. But just like Scratch Live, you won't have access to the platters (without a "hack" of course)
Solidsnake 7:05 AM - 5 March, 2012
Also Sydic8, my post is similar to Kittmaster and Phatbob's post, which you did not take into account when DJ YvE was asking you to read through. Your response seems to have negated their posts.

Quote:
Quote:
lack of midimapping ?o:

Serato did this on purpose they don't like seeing there software used on any cheap budget
controllers Serato=Quality

Quote:
I know I have... this thread is about
DJ Boss Sound asking if Serato Itch could have midi mapping function, and the answer is no, and I have given you the reason why I think Serato wont allow this,
Serato scratch live has this function...but Itch hasn't.. I mean you could ask them but I don't think they will, realistically If this was possible do you think Numark and Pioneer etc would be selling alot of there midi controllers.... No I think its all about marketing

Serato controls which controller uses there software.

Basically, from these two responses I can tell you have missed the point of MIDI mapping in ITCH and the point of this thread. No one is asking to MIDI map a Hercules controller or DJ2GO to ITCH, they are asking to map MIDI controllers such as the Kontrol X1. This would in no way impact sales of Pioneer or Numark as you still have to have the NS6, NS7, DDJ-S1, etc. to operate the software, else it stays in "Offline" mode just like the SL1/2/3/4 and Rane 57/61/62/68 act in Scratch Live.

So either you totally missed the point of the thread, or you think Scratch Live is not a quality product because Scratch Live allows MIDI to be mapped since "Serato=Quality and they don't like seeing there software used on any cheap budget controllers". I guess using my cheap $99 Dicers makes Scratch Live a non-quality product... Which no, that is not the case, the case here is... You did not read the thread...
Solidsnake 12:33 PM - 5 March, 2012
So you don't think controllers like Dicers or Denon HC1000s should be mapped to ITCH? I see you are confused on this big time. Again, you still have to have the ITCH controller to operate, just like the Rane soundcard in Scratch Live, this does not take away sales or marketing as you still need the ITCH controller... Not to mention the makers of Dicers (Novation) and HC1000S (denon) also make ITCH controllers, just like pioneer and Numark... I'm failing to see your point of why MIDI shouldn't be opened up due to marketing.

Again, I think you believe this thread is about allowing people to use things like Hercules controllers or Mixtracks in ITCH as the stand alone controller, which leads me to believe you again didn't read this thread nor my post or any other post save for OP.
Dj Yve 12:38 PM - 5 March, 2012
Solidsnake, there was a reason I didn't go all the way to explain this thread to that guy.. Stop wasting your energy, but still your heart is On the right place :)
Solidsnake 12:46 PM - 5 March, 2012
Have nothing but time downloading music videos on not a very quick Internet connection so I'll entertain. Sadly don't think he is rolling the thread, he's serious.
Dj Yve 1:17 PM - 5 March, 2012
i prefer the hard head type rather then the troll so at least we got a bright side!!!
yo solid, whats your setup?
Paco71 3:13 PM - 5 March, 2012
Itch is a closed system, the best chance we have is that pioneer or numark or denon, make an approved additional controler to adress video and SP6 ;)

And i agree with the fact that closed systemc are the futur...
Solidsnake 4:09 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Itch is a closed system, the best chance we have is that pioneer or numark or denon, make an approved additional controler to adress video and SP6 ;)

And i agree with the fact that closed systemc are the futur...

Ah, you've read the Mac thread that got locked in. Yes sir, it is a closed system , just like Mac OS X. Just a heads up, Scratch Live with its MIDI mapping capabilities, is still a closed system! You are bound to the soundcard hardware to make your software work. ITCH can and will be MIDI map-able sometime down the line with approved controllers "natively" as well. There are too many functions going into ITCH currently, for example the new video effects that have no available spots left on existing controllers. It is going to happen sooner rather than later, just keep in mind it is still a closed system, even if it can use third party MIDI Controllers, just like Scratch Live is still a closed system due to being dependent of the RANE Soindcard.
DJ Boss Sounds 4:30 PM - 5 March, 2012
SERATO, please give us the ability to map to an external Akai or something!!!!!!

For example, I rinse reggae tunes. I require the ability to use my cues AND launch my jingles. Common sense is to use an external midi. Is this too much to ask for? Did you really think all of your clientele would be satisfied with this current setup? Really???
VinnyBlanc 4:32 PM - 5 March, 2012
Numark has the NSP6 coming out eventually....
Eric N 5:05 PM - 5 March, 2012
With the SP-6 and video additions lately, MIDI mapping is becoming more of a necessity and less of a novelty idea. Even if things like the platters, play buttons, pitch controls, etc stayed "locked", that would be fine. Like others have said, this won't allow you to run ITCH with a Hercules - you will still need your ITCH controller as the dongle no matter what.

Just open it up so we can use external MIDI boxes with knobs and buttons (AKAI units, MidiFighters, Kontrol X1, etc) and ONLY map things like FX, video FX/transitions/etc, and sampler controls. The things that the ITCH controllers DON'T have native buttons for!
Dj Nyce 6:06 PM - 5 March, 2012
i just purchased a VCI-300 mkii for recording in the hotel when i'm on the road. now for my purposes, i don't need midi in itch, but it should be there.

it's mind boggling how basic functionality in any modern DVS has been omitted from Serato's software lately.

Itch controllers only have so many knobs and buttons; to control the rest of the software requires another controller.

Serato Video is in beta...how do you expect to control the effects and transitions? with a mouse? What is this 2008?

C'mon serato, you're better than this.
phatbob 7:25 PM - 5 March, 2012
That's great to know. How do I change a video transition with that setup?
Dj Yve 8:25 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
i prefer the hard head type rather then the troll

Hey Frenchy (DJ Yve) do u have a fetish with trolls? haha so imature
I live in New Zealand let me go to Serato headquarters and asked them all your valuable questions

I guess I don't have this problem because I have everything I need with my NS7+NSFX

again you cant read huh?
i said that you are probably just close minded rather then a troll, which is good.
the french part... was that an insult o:? :)
Maskrider 2:09 AM - 6 March, 2012
Just improve the FX thats it.
blackavenger 7:03 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Just improve the FX thats it.

+1

Frak that....SP-6 needs MIDI mapping as well. I could care less if any other feature in ITCH gets mapping, but the SP-6 NEEDS it!

Though, I agree, Effects are a major concern......to be honest, it's because of their HORRIBLE functionality that I have all but retired ITCH for ScratchLIVE, again. Even w' the 2.0 update, ITCH feels like novice/beginner software to me, and from Serato's (former) stature, it really saddens me to say that.
2Smooth420 7:42 AM - 6 March, 2012
Well all the "video dj's" should be happy now with a Video plugin coming to itch. Me personally i haven't really needed video for my sets, I'm still a "rookie" but what i WOULD like is either

A) Improved FX

B) Midi mapping

C) The Bridge
Beatnologic 11:16 AM - 6 March, 2012
The Bridge as in, mixtape still would be my #1 . How cool would it be to modify control changes after recording a mix, to even make the mix more perfect!

The Video plugin needs midi mapping for the video fx or at least mapping to the nsfx and other fx controllers.

FX? just use the delay and even this I mostly do manual with the faders
djbagz 1:26 PM - 6 March, 2012
bridge...but right now itch is going hard..love it....
seratosnatch 1:47 PM - 6 March, 2012
FX FX FX! ..the rest is not important. Make the app completely Pro and stabil before
adding more bells and whistles. Maybe the midi mapping for Sp-6, but even for me, I'd take
high quality fx that sound better than even that sample player.
Solidsnake 8:42 PM - 6 March, 2012
FX seems to be next logical step into streamlining with Scratch Live, that or MIDI being opened up for like the X1 or Dicers controllers like that. Bridge is probably on the back burner right now, due to Scratch Live losing the functionality with 2.4 (or well the new mixers) but we will see, I just would not expect the Bridge to come before its all settled with Scratch Live first.
irieproductions 8:48 PM - 6 March, 2012
the success of vci-400 ean golden edition is traktor, with ITCH is just another 4 deck controller like any other. Its the software behind the controller not the buttons.
Dj Yve 11:51 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
the success of vci-400 ean golden edition is traktor, with ITCH is just another 4 deck controller like any other. Its the software behind the controller not the buttons.

that been said the twitch is still the best conroller out there
Maskrider 1:57 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
FX FX FX! ..the rest is not important. Make the app completely Pro and stabil before
adding more bells and whistles. Maybe the midi mapping for Sp-6, but even for me, I'd take
high quality fx that sound better than even that sample player.

This is my kind a guy.......lol
djallstyle 3:10 AM - 7 March, 2012
The overall software options for the ability of the 400 are really horrible. Simple..... Itch & the 400 or don't waste your $$$ yet!!......Seriously!! I just got it a week ago from today.
amphidelic 11:49 AM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
lack of midimapping ?o:

Serato did this on purpose they don't like seeing there software used on any cheap budget

Like the Novation Twitch?
phatbob 1:26 PM - 8 March, 2012
I can.

Twitch might be cheap but it's not some plasticky crap.

Solid build, great feeling buttons. The knobs aren't the best but I could say that about most Itch controllers.

A friend of mine has gigged with his 3 times a week since launch and it's going strong.

I've had mine a few months now and I'm very happy with the quality.
Dj Yve 1:53 PM - 8 March, 2012
And so can i!

Twitch is amazing what the hell are you talking about
The build quality is amazing the sound is a beast in terms of quality ( and the level is not an issue when ur gigin with analogue mixer)
The fader fx is a killer and the overall functionality of this device is unbeatable

I combine it with the kaossilator pad the kaossilator pro and the impulse and I'm unbeatable myself :)
DJ Boss Sounds 3:55 PM - 8 March, 2012
Serato=Quality -X%

X=Probability of stupid mistakes

NS7= Numark-Serato

Thus, my NS7 doesn't complete my needs. For me to STFU, please give me an external midi. While you're at it Serato, rethink your "crates". I have yet to use this option because it's stupid. Don't you guys realize it's better to have the ability to drag and drop folders into a crate AND keep all the underlying sub-folders???!!! Why can't a link a crate to my folders so I know that crate is current. There may be other items user can't stand but these are the top two in my book. Isn't this common sense- stop making stupid mistakes???? I have ridddim pon riddim of tunes. Me no have time fi dat!!!
phatbob 7:40 PM - 8 March, 2012
Perhaps you should use one before you pass judgement.

If you play house/techno/EDM and you don't scratch, then the touchstrips are sufficient to replace jog wheels entirely.

It's not for everyone, sure, but to say it's a glorified MPD is so obviously the opinion of someone who hasn't used one that I can't even take that seriously.
Solidsnake 8:26 PM - 8 March, 2012
I had a launch day TWITCH, amazing piece of gear but my unit was defective out of the box, one of the knobs were bent, so I sent it back but they were on back-order so did not get a chance to grab one and they offered a VCI-300 MKII as an almost even exchange (back when it was still going for $799). Volume output was a little on the low side, but chances are you are hooking into other mixers/amps where it can be adjusted, and not straight to speakers. And as far as the knobs go, I'd recommend getting some caps from other places like DJ TechTools, bought some for my VCI.
Dj Yve 11:13 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I can.

Twitch might be cheap but it's not some plasticky crap.

Solid build, great feeling buttons. The knobs aren't the best but I could say that about most Itch controllers.

A friend of mine has gigged with his 3 times a week since launch and it's going strong.

I've had mine a few months now and I'm very happy with the quality.

I see Twitch as a midi controller to be used with other midi controller like NS7 etc. as a addon just in case you need more buttons (I guess mapping would be handy for this purpose)

But I don't see Twitch as a stand alone piece of DJ equipment... for goodness sake It does not have a Jog wheel.... its more like an advance version of the Akai Midi controller.... (this would really label u as a Push button DJ) personally I don't like this at all I cant comment on the quality because I have never used one before, and I'm only saying this because I am used to the traditional way of DJing

this reminds me a story from a week ago (this whole "label u as a push button Dj)
i went to a gig in a place ive never been before and i was set to preform right after the resident, and when i took my gear out of the cases he... how to say it.... mocked it...
"what? no jogs?.. what? kaossilator pro?"
"what kind of Djing is it."

i took the stage and start doing my thing...
the resident was so mezmorized by the show i put that he never left and just enjoyed the music for 6 hours....

yes, he maybe will always think that im "push button dj" but he will also always think of me a Dj that rocked hes own house. and baby? if they dance... the dance.
thats it for out Art, make em dance.
all mean are how to say it?
Kosher?
hehehehehehe
Dj Yve 1:43 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
this reminds me a story from a week ago (this whole "label u as a push button Dj)
i went to a gig in a place ive never been before and i was set to preform right after the resident, and when i took my gear out of the cases he... how to say it.... mocked it...
"what? no jogs?.. what? kaossilator pro?"
"what kind of Djing is it."

i took the stage and start doing my thing...
the resident was so mezmorized by the show i put that he never left and just enjoyed the music for 6 hours....

yes, he maybe will always think that im "push button dj" but he will also always think of me a Dj that rocked hes own house. and baby? if they dance... the dance.
thats it for out Art, make em dance.
all mean are how to say it?
Kosher?
hehehehehehe

Right on Bro I guess Its how you use the gear that counts
also feels good when u leave the Critics & Haters speechless:)

indeed, since there is no ONLY ONE RIGHT WAY to Dj (or to do anything for that metter)
you can do anything your way
just yesterday ive seen a great set from someone and he only used djm 700- 2X cdj100 and sp-555, and did great.
Hon. DjSlick 4:26 PM - 9 March, 2012
where is the link for this beta?? thanks
DJ Trice 9:41 AM - 13 March, 2012
For this version, i'd like to have:

1> A real DJ FX
2> Midi mapping (i tried Serato Video, feel good but without a external controller to map the wanted Fx or Transitions: this plug is not easy to use !)
3> A real Cue metter (not only for the master outpout)
4> 2 decks view mode
Paco71 10:33 AM - 13 March, 2012
@ Trice

If you want a 2 decks view, you had to buy the proprer controler, looool
I'm out of here...
DJ Trice 10:44 AM - 13 March, 2012
@Paco71: Hello Guy. LOOOOOOOOL
My NS6 have been tested by 2 friends (2 S1 Users)... Result is: 2 S1 Solded ! LOOOOOOL
Paco71 12:53 PM - 13 March, 2012
@ Trice : hey hey ;)
I tested it twice for 2 hours, Result : S1 not solded, it's up to your feeling, i continue to prefer the S1 ;), but it's me ;)
blackavenger 9:29 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
are u guys talking about "solid" ?

Nope, pretty sure they meant to say "sold"......my guess is English is their second language, and their not very good at it :)
blackavenger 9:31 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
my guess is English is their second language, and their not very good at it :)

Damn, it's my first language, and I am apparently not very good at it either...LOL!!
jprime 11:29 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Well all the "video dj's" should be happy now with a Video plugin coming to itch. Me personally i haven't really needed video for my sets, I'm still a "rookie" but what i WOULD like is either

A) Improved FX

C) The Bridge

I'd like these as well :)
DJ Trice 8:46 AM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
are u guys talking about "solid" ?

Nope, pretty sure they meant to say "sold"......my guess is English is their second language, and their not very good at it :)

Paco is a friend, we live in France and in fact English is ouw second language.
To explain, i was talking about a wish in a future update of Itch software. I'd like to have a view with 2 decks when i play with my NS6.
Paco (DDJ S1 owner) answers me to choise the right controller instead of my NS6. It's a little game between us :-)
Paco71 9:11 AM - 14 March, 2012
Absolutly right ;)
And guys sometimes it's real mistakes, but most of Times it's the damn iPad that corrects my words...
@Trice : i saw spark last monday at the mixmove....
Paco71 12:01 AM - 15 March, 2012
No worries DjSyndic8, i'm not upset ;)
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:58 AM - 15 March, 2012
GET A RANE 62 - LAWD HAVE MERCY - NS7 - ITCH WHAT!!!!!! i fuggin love this thing!
Maskrider 2:04 AM - 15 March, 2012
Improving ITCH is the way to go since everybody is moving to the controller side of things.
So improving FX is a plus.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 2:07 AM - 15 March, 2012
ummmm not everyone is moving to controllers - and i dont work for rane or serato but using a ns7 for 2 years and now jumping on the 62 - man its like jumping out a Camry into a beamer the 62 is layed out and has the functionality of a controller
Papa Midnight 3:24 AM - 15 March, 2012
Damn, 2.2 hasn't even finished beta. Hell, the first beta was buggy as hell and we're already pounding on the door for 2.3? Can we just worry about getting 2.2 out the door and done right before stampeding in for the next version?
phatbob 9:49 AM - 15 March, 2012
I'm a video user so I'm loving 2.2.

But I can imagine how people who aren't video users might be a little disappointed.

Apart from bug fixes and little tweaks, what have they got?

2.1: SP6 control with hardware, cool, but a bit limited.

2.2: Nothing

Considering the list of feature requests and basic fixes (like an echo that works) that have been expressed for a long time, you'd blame the users for wanting just a little bit more?
phatbob 9:57 AM - 15 March, 2012
Make your mind up DjSyndic8... ;-)
VinnyBlanc 12:08 PM - 15 March, 2012
Traktor users get the F1 itch users get the FU. It's all good.
Maybe by 3.0 I can have a 2 deck view for my ns6.
Dj Nyce 3:53 PM - 15 March, 2012
yo that traktor F1 looks off the hook. i haven't looked at tracktor since the final scratch days. but damn those remix decks are looking quite nice.
DJ Boss Sounds 5:00 PM - 15 March, 2012
Damn, 2.2 hasn't even finished beta. Hell, the first beta was buggy as hell and we're already pounding on the door for 2.3? Can we just worry about getting 2.2 out the door and done right before stampeding in for the next version?

Yes, I'm pounding at the door. Give me the external midi control & I'm gone. Different strokes for different folks. Can we just worry about our own needs instead of worrying about the needs of others???
Dj L-Biz 6:39 PM - 15 March, 2012
i'd be very happy to buy an 'itch' certified add-on controller (something akin to a F1) to unlock 'loop roll, extra cues, slicer mode etc etc' but it would be nice (a little royalty reward perhaps) if we could use dicers in the near future as they are certified for scratch live - although all this would definitely mean having to use a usb hub if you already using a vfx....

As a vci user it is a little frustrating seeing all your marked cues from scratch live but knowing you have to use the keyboard to trigger them grrr
tdabezies 12:49 AM - 22 April, 2012
I just bought a Kontrol X1, with the idea in mind that I would try to use Traktor Pro 2 along with my Twitch

Traktor SUCKS! I only feel comfortable using Itch because the Midi mapping for my Twitch is counterintuitive...however, I can't use my brand new X1 (which has a few features that I prefer over the Twitch) in Itch

Serato really needs to allow for mapping things like the X1... such a buzzkill that companies think that they should limit what devices you can use...

Hopefully Itch 2.3 will allow this
DJ Boss Sounds 2:15 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:

+1.5 Trillion
seratosnatch 3:49 PM - 2 May, 2012
I think and hope Itch are working hard on a big, next update to compete with NI. I hope something soon as the effects need a major overhaul and many wanted features, and bug fixes.. I see a new website overhaul, nice. Video is cool, but prefer some real, usable fx. I also agree midi mapping should be here for us, it still makes one use the Itch hardware to use the software, so what does it matter IMOP.
DJPrice_inMD 6:28 PM - 2 May, 2012
I really would love to see the ability to tag and name our cues and loops.

I think EVERYONE knows the effects need some work.

Not really 2.3 related, but I hate having to use my keyboard and trackpad to adjust parameters on samples. Physical sampler control beyond triggers would be nice.

That's really it. Improve the effects and physical sampler control, and add some cue and looping comments and I think I would be completely set at this level in my experience.
DJ Hazee™ 2:51 AM - 16 May, 2012
I Bet Serato Itch 2.3 Will Be realised with the new effects and Bridge and midi mapping when the VESTAX 380 comes out. who also thinks this ?
Holdsy10 7:18 AM - 22 May, 2012
If they added keyboard shortcuts to scroll through and select the effects and parameters, and which deck the effects played on, then I would be happy. As I could map a whole midi controller to my liking. At the moment though I can only use hot cues and the sp-6 feature. :(
blackavenger 4:42 PM - 26 May, 2012
Quote:
I Bet Serato Itch 2.3 Will Be realised with the new effects and Bridge and midi mapping when the VESTAX 380 comes out. who also thinks this ?

I don't!

I am saving for Traktor. All these false promises for ITCH & ScratchLIVE are tiring! This is coming from a guy who has had ScratchLIVE for nearly 7 years & ITCH for nearly 2 years. Enough is enough, already! I'll keep ScratchLIVE & ITCH with the hope that they will one day reach their potential, but at this point I think that is faaaar from being realized!!!!
Dj Nyce 2:19 AM - 27 May, 2012
yo i downloaded the traktor 2.5 demo the other night. that shit is dope. if i wasn't already in the hole with an SL 2, 57 and 62 i would definitely cop an Audio 6 and traktor.
DJ Boss Sounds 4:57 PM - 7 June, 2012
Again,

Quote:

DJ Boss Sounds 5:01 PM - 7 June, 2012
And, how about:

1. Ability to sort- Like being able to sort by folder, A-Z, whatever- and have those settings saved.
2. Serato Folder- Someone brought this up- let the user point Itch on where to the music
3. Crates- IMO, the crates suck. Let me drag my folders & keep all the underlying files/folders as well!!!!!

Again,

VJ Justin Allen 6:27 PM - 7 June, 2012
Midi mapping...not going to happen (why kill sales to authorized ITCH players, after all that's how Itch makes money)
VinnyBlanc 6:37 PM - 7 June, 2012
Obviously midi mapping would require an itch certified controller still. I'm even fine with keeping the 1:1 mapping on the controller itself. Just allow midi mapping up to other midi devices in conjunction with the itch controller.
mr187 8:50 PM - 2 July, 2012
itch just suck i have been using my ns7 with vdj because itch don't work on pc with a decent sized library. wish i could use my n7s with ssl itch must have not been written by serato but hired out to some ither crappy software company.
seratosnatch 9:49 PM - 2 July, 2012
Itch don't suck..Itch is quite nice, just needs better fx.
Otherwise, why all the bitchin'? Itch only suks as much as you make it.
SSL and Itch are dope.
[O/][iii][O/] 2:13 AM - 3 July, 2012
Quote:

Nah, they'd rather just offer us expensively priced controllers that are severely handicapped to some degree or another. At least that's what the trend has been so far. Serato still hasn't yet offered a true professional controller solution for Itch that's void of any blatant design blunders.

God, when is Rane ever going to throw their hat into the controller game.
WileECoyote 2:34 AM - 3 July, 2012
Quote:
itch just suck i have been using my ns7 with vdj because itch don't work on pc with a decent sized library. wish i could use my n7s with ssl itch must have not been written by serato but hired out to some ither crappy software company.

I've got a pretty big library and itch works fine on both my PC and Mac. As a matter of fact, I prefer using the PC at gigs; as i have no need for an external drive.

*shrug*
DjTitoDotCom 6:03 PM - 4 July, 2012
Serato and Itch both need a live track import folder that automatically monitors, analyzes then adds the tracks added to a "Live Crate" in your library, during a live Dj session!!!! In an mp3 world, most clubs now got wifi and djs can connect directly to their record pools and download new or old tracks that come to mind on the fly.

To add, Serato and White Label should have implemented an option to download White Label tracks directly from within the itch or serato program itself during live sessions as well a long time ago.
DEE JAY BASS 11:19 PM - 31 July, 2012
The only thing I want is the Roll Out FX that is now available in my SL

Simple.. Nothing more
amada32 1:31 PM - 1 August, 2012
I rarely participate on the forums, but I read them often. Here is my .02 on MIDI in Itch.

It may not be as easy as everyone thinks to implement MIDI in Itch. Scratch Live does not require MIDI input to operate, so Serato can basically implement MIDI Learn that accepts any note/channel for all software functions in the GUI.

Itch REQUIRES MIDI input. Although it's a closed system, I'm certain all of the controllers from different manufacturers use different MIDI notes and channels for certain functions.

I'm thinking it's not a simple task to code the "available" and "restricted" MIDI notes/channels for each controller that is plugged into a computer. Whereas ScratchLive doesn't have any MIDI control, it can basically accept any MIDI note on any channel for any of the controls in the GUI.

By not having MIDI mapping in Itch, Serato is saving themselves hundreds of help requests for "Why doesn't my (insert 3rd party MIDI controller here) work with Itch?" because the average user will just expect their 3rd party controller to work like a plug and play device just like the Itch controllers do (in most cases). No disrespect to anyone on this thread, but I would say at least half of the Itch users that tried to implement 3rd party MIDI wouldn't know to try a different note/channel combination if there were a conflict with the Itch MIDI controller.

I don't chime in very often, and I am NOT saying it can not be done, but I think this is why we haven't seen MIDI in Itch. It's probably too labor intensive for Serato to implement at this time. This is something I am ok with for the time being. I know what I bought and there was no surprises. The fact that Itch supports Video and has an SP-6 means that Serato is at least trying to improve the software and the 1:1 rule seems to have been bent a little. It would be awesome to be able to MIDI map a 3rd party controller, and I wish it would happen just as much as anyone else does, but until it is implemented I'm pretty happy with Itch as it is.
Chris Beckler 1:58 AM - 6 August, 2012
Im also happy with itch for basic mixing, because i'm still missing the, for one year already, promised improved effects... That's why I've been looking for a mapping for the DDJ-S1 to work with traktor, but still no 100% working one, else I think I would have switched already...

The flanger on traktor is like we all know from Pioneer. (to bad there is no send/return on any controler, else would use my EFX-500 that's eating dust) The echo is unusable, but we all know that by now.

I really really hope this will all change in the next update and also improves the way effects are setup. Sometimes I choose an effect, then want to go back to the previous one that I had set at 1/2, but evertime you go back and forth, it is reset to 1/1 and because of lag, chosing the effect and quickly turning the knob to 1/2, doesnt do anything. Also, it is really hard to know where the effect is when you turn the effect-knob. If there was some indication what the previous and next effect is (like a rotating effect that only shows then you start to scroll), that would make it alot more efficient!

I'm hoping...
djemdub 5:56 AM - 6 August, 2012
@Chris, the effects are arranged by alphabet, thats how you know where the effect is when choosing
LEDPaint 8:21 PM - 6 August, 2012
Quote:
Im also happy with itch for basic mixing, because i'm still missing the, for one year already, promised improved effects... That's why I've been looking for a mapping for the DDJ-S1 to work with traktor, but still no 100% working one, else I think I would have switched already...

The flanger on traktor is like we all know from Pioneer. (to bad there is no send/return on any controler, else would use my EFX-500 that's eating dust) The echo is unusable, but we all know that by now.

I really really hope this will all change in the next update and also improves the way effects are setup. Sometimes I choose an effect, then want to go back to the previous one that I had set at 1/2, but evertime you go back and forth, it is reset to 1/1 and because of lag, chosing the effect and quickly turning the knob to 1/2, doesnt do anything. Also, it is really hard to know where the effect is when you turn the effect-knob. If there was some indication what the previous and next effect is (like a rotating effect that only shows then you start to scroll), that would make it alot more efficient!

I'm hoping...

I agree. This could be better represented with a little screen graphic, gray for inactive, lit for active. However, as the effects in Itch are effin awful, it's a moot point. I was so wishing for a send/return on my NS6 the other day when I was looking at EFX boxes.

I love the look of Serato, but the overall disappointment of Itch is really driving me to Traktor. That, and the fact that everyone very actively complains about the effects when Serato asks what features we want, then they remain very silent about it and ultimately do nothing.
djcerla 11:11 PM - 6 August, 2012
Quote:
Serato (... ) remain very silent about it and ultimately do nothing.

Apple was very silent about a cellphone. Ultimately, they did the iPhone.
dj lashes 1:30 AM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i-itch could be around the corner.
LEDPaint 1:00 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i-itch could be around the corner.

They should fix what people are complaining about before moving on to a new product. And as for them staying silent like Apple, product improvements isn't the sort of thing they should be silent about. This is more of a "We don't give a fuck about your complaints" sort of silence.
LEDPaint 1:04 PM - 7 August, 2012
Honestly, If they're going to introduce newer and better, they should be hyping the fact and building a buzz. Apple gets away with it because, well, they're Apple, and at their level, they're the only game in town.
djcerla 2:28 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
This is more of a "We don't give a fuck about your complaints" sort of silence.

Crow tastes awfully, careful ;)
LEDPaint 2:45 PM - 7 August, 2012
I'm going on what I've observed in this particular area. It's a huge complaint, one they haven't addressed, and the fact that I've spent $1,000 on a hardware/software solution that doesn't live up to the potential because of the software already tastes plenty bitter. Believe me, crow would be a welcome improvement.

And why would they be silent about something so potentially huge? This is a make or break deal for a lot of DJ's. I'm sure plenty of DJ's looking to upgrade or get into the controller game would wait for Serato to come out with something good rather than go to the competition if they new something superlative was on the horizon.

Cerla, you're plugged into Serato development, give us a yay or nay on this particular request as it seems to be something people have been talking about for quite a while. If you know something, then tell us.
djcerla 3:11 PM - 7 August, 2012
What I mean is... are they slow? hell yes! :) Are they listening to requests? sure they are.

Sampler and video were #1 and #2 requests (check out posts count) and they've been slowly but elegantly addressed. As a result, now ITCH users can do video à la Joaquim Garraud, Traktor sufferers can't.

What I know for sure is that ITCH development is in steady progress and several popular requests have been taken in serious consideration.
DJ Boss Sounds 3:25 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:

Good Greif. Almost six month later & still not one peep.

Come on Serato it's OUR EXPECTATIONS that you MUST meet!!!!!!!!!!

%$@#%@#$% SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEDPaint 4:02 PM - 7 August, 2012
Over a year on the effects and nothing...as for video, who cares when such basic features as midi mapping and effects still have yet to be addressed? I know development takes time, but really!!

Why the hate for Traktor, Cerla ("Traktor sufferers," "Traitor," etc.)? I don't see Traktor users bashing Serato like this. In a non-biased way, what do you not like about Traktor? Other than video, what does Itch do better? My brother has been using Traktor for ten years. What sort of argument can I make to get him to go with Itch or SSL? The way I'm feeling about Itch, why should I stick with it?
djcerla 4:52 PM - 7 August, 2012
"Basic" features do not exist. Midi mapping, for example, is totally unnecessary to my workflow, whereas Video was vital for dozens of ITCH users (again, check posts). It was a much more popular req, that's exactly why it was addressed earlier.

As for Traktor, serato.com
DJ CAPRO 5:06 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
Over TWO YEARS on the effects and nothing...as for video, who cares when such basic features as midi mapping and effects still have yet to be addressed? I know development takes time, but really!!

fixed and i agree
LEDPaint 6:21 PM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
"Basic" features do not exist. Midi mapping, for example, is totally unnecessary to my workflow, whereas Video was vital for dozens of ITCH users (again, check posts). It was a much more popular req, that's exactly why it was addressed earlier.

As for Traktor, serato.com

This threadlink is SSL vs the S4, which is apples to doughnuts. Let's keep it to Itch, as I have no plans to go to SSL. Over 20 years on tables and I simply don't miss them.

I'm not much of a forum lurker, but the threads I've read where people ask what new features people want in the next release seem to be at least 50% to be complaints about effects, not about using video. And for a piece of DJ software, effects certainly are a basic feature. Any DJ software can queue up and play two tracks, but it's what you can do with them that makes or breaks that software.

However, to address what I see on that thread link:

I agree that the S4 doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my NS6; not even close. But that's hardware, not software.

I can also see how a turntablist going to a controller would spend way too much time tweaking knobs. I fell into that trap at first, too, for all of about a week. As for OD'ing on effects chaining and their overuse, this is something a lot of noobs fall for. I've been seeing that since the Pioneer EFX boxes first came out years ago.

Workflow & track management: yes, great features in Serato, very clean UI, and I use it exactly as Haze does. Traktor has Play Crates, however, so not a dealbreaker for track management, just different.

Overall, I'm still not seeing any convincing arguments here. What I do see is the same complaints I make about Itch's inferior effects and lack of midi mapping by more people than are defending it. I don't see anywhere on that thread anything that convinces me that Itch is superior in any way.
DJ-Sven 8:30 PM - 7 August, 2012
Why want so many people MIDI-Mapping for a software wich is nearly fully mapped to the controller? Only SP6 and Video can be mapped...nothing more... and if you really want to do this, try Bome's MIDI Translator.

Remark: MIDI-Mapping is not like native Controller integration ... it slow and complicated... MIDI is a protocol from the early 80ies for Keyboards. I think, the NS6 Jogwheels will not work so exact under MIDI like they do it in ITCH.

Yes, ITCH is not perfect, but I don't know any perfect Software, because for every User "perfect" is another definition.

When I think about File Mangement, Libary, Ripping, Broadcasting and Key Correction, my favourite Software is still the lastest Beta from Alcatech's BPM-Studio.

And for Electro jam Sessions and producing mixes my favorite is Ableton Live.

And Traktor... for me ... no way. I tried it for a half year with the xone 4d ... and so often i stood there and thought: Where is the button for xxx?
Bozo 11:44 PM - 7 August, 2012
First i wan't to apologies for my english, this is not my first langage and the few i learn is by playing vidéo games and looking at por... ahem i mean at school. (and also for the double post)

Itch Reverb is realy hard to use in djing condition because it sound metalic on saturated sond (electro ect...), on Traktor there is a sort of filtre with the reverb to make it more easy to use (and more versatil).
It will be great if serato add a key changer FX (this won't be a problème to add it, the master tempo use the same système), and even more if there add a new "plugin" with some new "gadget fx" (wich can be disabled for the dj who don't wan't to get in trouble when there are looking for there classic FX)

There is also a probleme with the SP-6 player, i meen there are 6 sample and 4 bank : 24 sample, with 8 hot cue and 9 boucle, gain and volume fader, pitch bend and pitch fader, master tempo, outpout assignasion, 3 play mode assignation per sample and... only the mouse to control all those stuff this is realy frustrating (there is not even keyboard shortcut for MITCH)? (seriously, am y the only one who would be ready to pay for a partial or fullhardware control of the SP-6 ?)
Papa Midnight 2:19 AM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
There is also a probleme with the SP-6 player, i meen there are 6 sample and 4 bank : 24 sample, with 8 hot cue and 9 boucle, gain and volume fader, pitch bend and pitch fader, master tempo, outpout assignasion, 3 play mode assignation per sample and... only the mouse to control all those stuff this is realy frustrating (there is not even keyboard shortcut for MITCH)? (seriously, am y the only one who would be ready to pay for a partial or fullhardware control of the SP-6 ?)

Keyboard shortcuts are mapped to the SP-6 for playback functionality. Hardware control of the banks and samples is also possible from ITCH devices as of 2.2. Though, I would never argue that the control method could use improvement. However, it is there.

MITCH is a third-party tool and not supported by Serato.
Mizurah 4:09 AM - 8 August, 2012
We cant even control effects in video with midi mapping. So Video isnt exactly "midi mappable."
blackavenger 5:44 AM - 8 August, 2012
Quote:
seriously, am y the only one who would be ready to pay for a partial or fullhardware control of the SP-6 ?

No, you are not. I suggested this ages ago.

Let me pay for these features, Serato!
LEDPaint 12:08 PM - 8 August, 2012
Video the most requested over effects? Seriously? All the VJ's I know use Resolume or similar. I can't say that I know anyone playing video on Itch. No answers to anything, no acknowledgement on this issue from Serato, no answers to my queries on this from their staff. Every time someone asks me about my NS6, I tell them the same thing. Great hardware, mediocre software for reason x, y, effects, and lack of customization.

My NS6 is up on Craigslist. I see myself with a 4Trak with Traktor, which does all of these things and has for years, by the end of next week. If they at least said "Hey, we hear you, we're working on it," my attitude would be different. As it stands, see ya, Serato, you blew it.
phatbob 12:17 PM - 8 August, 2012
There is a difference between a VJ and a video DJ.

You might not know any video DJs but there is a thriving and constantly growing community of them.

Obviously only a small proportion use Itch right now but it's only been available for Itch in the last few months. I'm seeing a lot of SL video users jump to Itch now, for the same reasons audio DJs have.

I wouldn't argue with your other points though. ;-)
Fuidawg 7:32 AM - 15 August, 2012
Quote:
Video the most requested over effects? Seriously? All the VJ's I know use Resolume or similar. I can't say that I know anyone playing video on Itch. No answers to anything, no acknowledgement on this issue from Serato, no answers to my queries on this from their staff. Every time someone asks me about my NS6, I tell them the same thing. Great hardware, mediocre software for reason x, y, effects, and lack of customization.

My NS6 is up on Craigslist. I see myself with a 4Trak with Traktor, which does all of these things and has for years, by the end of next week. If they at least said "Hey, we hear you, we're working on it," my attitude would be different. As it stands, see ya, Serato, you blew it.

I haven't used the video on Itch since I have the V7's and everyone knows the issue with that...good point there, been saving up for some technics and hopefully switching to SL ...
DJ Boss Sounds 4:48 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:

F*****G REALLY!!!!??????
blackavenger 5:36 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

F*****G REALLY!!!!??????

My guess is that the holdup is coming in the form of a new piece of hardware.
DJ Onry Aries 5:45 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
seriously, am y the only one who would be ready to pay for a partial or fullhardware control of the SP-6 ?

+1
Fuidawg 5:51 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

If that will speed up the process of getting the features and updates then I'm down too lol ...
DJ Boss Sounds 9:32 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

If that will speed up the process of getting the features and updates then I'm down too lol ...

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000