Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Dj-fx echo effect not working

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Strap 3:58 AM - 29 February, 2012
I noticed I've been having problems with the right deck echo effect not working. I would lift the needle for the effect and nothing! then it mysteriously plays back the song I just took off. Very weird I'll still have sound coming thru the effect when there's no record playing. Then I tried the left deck nothing the echo effect just stop working but some other effects will. What to do?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:26 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
I noticed I've been having problems with the right deck echo effect not working. I would lift the needle for the effect and nothing! then it mysteriously plays back the song I just took off.

It sounds like its working as it should. When your playing the track and you have the echo turned on your feeding the audio to the echo. Once you press stop on your turntable, or in your case lifting the needle, it stops inputting the signal to the echo but the audio that was being fed to the echo is still in the echo. This is why your hearing the "echo" of the file that was just playing.
If there is something else going on please make a short video clip showing what your dealing with and upload it via the blue "Attach a File" link in this thread.
DJ Tony Tempo 3:05 PM - 1 March, 2012
This message has been moved to a new discussion: serato.com

I am also experiencing this same issue after upgrading to 2.3.3.
I use the DJ effect in INT mode and upon pressing the S key -- no effect.
3:00 PM, 15 Mar 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.