Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Super Filter

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
RevDjDee 1:04 AM - 25 February, 2012
I have read a few of your topics and wanted to respond with a question regarding the Super Filter deactivation... " Alt+, " activates this feature. " Alt + , " deactivates it as well... I am having trouble deactivating the super filter. One of the previous topics regarding this problem stated something about "focusing the ITCH window" Can I get a further explanation of this?

See this post. serato.com
phatbob 3:36 AM - 26 February, 2012
It just means to click on the Itch interface so that Itch is the program in focus of the OS.
RevDjDee 8:06 PM - 26 February, 2012
Oh, right...So the answer to that would be yes, I am "focused" on the ITCH screen. It will not deactivate...any ideas?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:24 AM - 27 February, 2012
Hey RevDjDee,

Was this a one-off or are you never able to de-activate it once it has been turned on?
The super-filter is an easter egg which means it is actually an unsupported feature, unfortunately any bugs that pop up with an easter egg aren't likely to be fixed. But let me know if it always happens or not, sometimes it can act up but on restarting ITCH it usually goes fine again.

Cheers :)
RevDjDee 2:47 PM - 27 February, 2012
Thanks for the reply Logan, I did some thinking, when I was running a previous version of ITCH. I believe it was 1.7, the deactivation would work, once I upgraded to 2.0 it stopped deactivating.

I think I still have the previous version installed as well. I will have to try it on the 1.X version and see if that is the ticket.
RevDjDee 3:07 PM - 29 February, 2012
Looks like It was Version 1.8 that was installed prior to 2.1. The same issue on both. Can activate but not deactivate. Tried it last night. Is there a way to map the booth volume knob to the super filter? Then I wouldnt have to use the low freq. knob.
RevDjDee 3:08 PM - 29 February, 2012
p.s. a restart doesnt fix the problem.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:39 AM - 2 March, 2012
No the low freq knob is the only one that it works with, like I said it's just an easter-egg rather than a feature we work on. There has been talk of the filter being added properly at some stage but i can't be sure if or when that would happen.

I can confirm that it doesn't turn off in 2.1. I'll make a note of it, hopefully it can be fixed for a future release :)
DJPrice_inMD 3:10 PM - 2 March, 2012
Does the use Shift button affect this keyboard command? If this is the case you may need to hit Shift + Alt + ".
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:19 AM - 7 March, 2012
Hey guys,

From doing a bit of quick testing with the new ITCH beta it appears that the super filter is working and can be turned on and off again.

I stress the word 'appears' because I I have a feeling it didn't work the previous time I tried so it seems it may be a little buggy.

Either way, it seems like it's working now so I'll close this thread. Make sure you grab 2.2 when it drops or check it out in Public Beta.