Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Record Skips

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Benjamin Gordon 8:51 PM - 30 November, 2007
Hi. I recorded my vinyl into the computer as wavs. I left a second or so at the beginning, sometimes less. When i scratch the first kick on the record, the record skips and jumps beck to before the start of the file. If only the record could run a a few spins before the file start then it wouldnt skip. Im on technics, with shure m447s.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ben
cappinkirk 9:49 PM - 30 November, 2007
turn off "auto" you have the pressed as on
cappinkirk 9:50 PM - 30 November, 2007
its below the word "rel" for each deck on the screen as in "abs, rel, int"
Benjamin Gordon 10:29 PM - 30 November, 2007
what does it do? Thanks, Ben
cappinkirk 11:45 PM - 30 November, 2007
try it and see if you have it on it plays the next song in your playlist when the previous song ende (and the previous song if you go backwards) instead of just ending the current song and playing nothing (or looping back to the beginning if you have loop enabled).

its so you can play a stream of songs without touching anything if enabled, but you don't want it on.
Benjamin Gordon 12:09 AM - 1 December, 2007
Im not sure how that would help though? Thanks, Ben
cappinkirk 4:12 PM - 1 December, 2007
did it fix your problem?
cappinkirk 4:12 PM - 1 December, 2007
maybe its something else...sorry for the confusion
Benjamin Gordon 5:25 PM - 1 December, 2007
I basically think that sometimes the audio file starts too close to the edge of the vinyl. This means that when im scratching at the beginning of the audio file, like the kick, or the first sound, it skips and jumps back to the beginning.

Thanks, Ben
brkbt 7:45 PM - 1 December, 2007
this happens on regular vinyl as well...
make sure your needles are properly set up.
you can also use the skipless relative mode or you can also offset the timecode start on your control vinyl, I saw this in the manual.
Benjamin Gordon 2:10 PM - 2 December, 2007
Is it possible to make the track start on the second track on the control record?

Thanks, Ben
Rane
Majors 4:56 PM - 3 December, 2007
No. The second track is for scrolling through your library.